• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Why must you remind me about how cruel it is that we will never get that which we most want... :(

Obviously what I most want is Despera, but IS S2 would be on the list, darnit!

Oh, and really, Pika-tan/Nohohon actually becomes more of a character? She's one of the best characters, so that makes it even more unfortunate. (Oh, and IS! is pretty generic, but entertaining often enough to keep going. Not as special as the anime, for sure, though.)

That's true, they could do that.

Yeah,
her sister is the student council president and the student council president moves in with Ichika for shiggles.

I'm somewhat surprised this news hasn't been posted already, but the anime adaptations of two shoujo manga have recently been announced.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - Fall 2012

Director: Hiro Kaburaki (Kimi ni Todoke)
Series Composition: Noboru Takagi (Baccano, Sankarea)
Character Design: Tomohiro Kishi (Animation Director on Natsume, Princess Jellyfish)
Animation Production: Brains Base

Sukitte Ii na yo

Director: Takuya Sato (Seitokai no Ichizon, Steins;Gate)
Series Composition: Toshimasa Kuroyanagi (Animation Director on Kimi ni Todoke)
Character Design: Keiko Okuda (Animation Director on Ano Hana)
Animation Production: ZEXCS

survivor

Banned
I'm somewhat surprised this news hasn't been posted already, but two shoujo manga have recently been announced to be receiving anime adaptations.

Character Design: Tomohiro Kishi (Animation Director on Natsume, Princess Jellyfish)

Sukitte Ii na yo

First one might be promising cause of Brains Base

Shoujoheads, what do you think of these two series?

Jex

[Gintama] - 232

Well, on one hand, that one of the worst edited episodes of this show that I've ever seen.

On the other hand, I am rather intrigued to see what this Elizabeth-Arc will hold.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So... does this mean K-On! has just 4th dimensionally added panty shots?

Official K-ON! Ladies' Panties Unveiled

Anime News Network said:
The K-ON! anime franchise's website announced on Wednesday that the clothes retailer Avail will sell official K-ON! ladies' panties. Avail's 259 nationwide stores for casual wear and shoes already offered K-ON! men's boxer briefs and socks, as well as ladies' sweats and socks, last year.

Avail is also adding K-ON men's and ladies' sandals, men's caps, messenger bags, wallets, and square pouches.

Also, for the lulz.

Sony Mascot Toro & Kuro Plushies Cosplay as Oreimo

Anime News Network said:
Taito will offer Doko Demo Issyo x Ore no Imōto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (Oreimo) prize plush figures this September with Sony mascot character Toro "cosplaying" as Oreimo's Kirino and Sony's Kuro cosplaying as Oreimo's Kuroneko. Each crossover plush figure of "Kirino na Toro" and "Kuroneko na Kuro" measures about 50 centimeters (about 20 inches) tall.

/XX/

It also has less Araragi nudity and more Shinobu nudity.

I thought I'd let you guys know about this absolutely unexpected development.
Yeah... about that, well... I was reluctant to post it (for reasons), but I'll just just say that the typical comparison of changes between the 'broadcast version' and the 'digital disc release' version is available on the same blog I linked to some weeks ago where it was presented a similar analysis of the first volume episodes.

For your interest, guys...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 2

Hmm...

xk5OW.jpg

Seriously? You're a spy, and you're surprised when people can tell you're a woman with those hanging?

So, ok. Apparently the girl with the sword, the chick and the loli wizard are going to different worlds to find Eve/not-so-mute girl. Alright. And they don't have anything more to do in this world... And that means this plot line is done? That can't be right. What was this all about? There was spy 1, spy 2, and spy 3, and they were in a train... Because they wanted to get somewhere? Why the bomb? Why is she a "good person"? And why are all the characters sexual offenders?

Guess I'll never know.

I'm somewhat surprised this news hasn't been posted already, but the anime adaptations of two shoujo manga have recently been announced.

Sukitte Ii na yo

the plot summaries are... identical

Jex

I can't believe we're just over 1,000 posts away from OT 3. This is truly the craziest anime thread ever, but this season deserves it.

Funny you bring that up, they just announced three more today:

Laura Bailey -- Dragon Kid
Kari Wahlgren -- Blue Rose
John Eric Bentley -- Fire Emblem

Also they announced Travis Willingham as Rock Bison earlier this week but the news outlets must have missed it.

They're probably saving Kotetsu and Barnaby for last.

Wow I don't know the Fire Emblem VA and I really cant recall Kari's voice. Ace/Roy Mustang will be interesting to hear.

Sukitte Ii na yo

The premises for both are not exactly exciting. Yay for misunderstandings. :| I liked Kimi ni Todoke, so I am inclined to check out the first one.

Jex

Yeah... about that, well... I was reluctant to post it (for reasons), but I'll just just say that the typical comparison of changes between the 'broadcast version' and the 'digital disc release' version is available on the same blog I linked to some weeks ago where it was presented a similar analysis of the first volume episodes.

For your interest, guys...

Well, it was inevitable, I suppose. I am sure many thousands of otaku will be thrilled to see that bathing sequence uncut. SHAFT are feeding the monsters of the night with this garbage.

Steroyd

Sukitte Ii na yo

Well that was wierd, had to double check I didn't accidentally click the same link twice.

survivor

Banned
Hotarubi no Mori e

So this is what a Natsume movie will look like. Always love movies like this that makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
Ending was expected, but well I didn't think he will just touch a random kid. If I would have one complaint, it would be that the parting wasn't as powerful as I was hoping it would be. I already knew they would be separated so lack of surprise wasn't a problem, but emotionally, it didn't move me as much as I'd hoped it would.
Still, it was a good movie and definitely recommend it, especially to Natsume fans. The soundtrack was also well done.

NewFresh

Hotarubi no Mori e

So this is what a Natsume movie will look like. Always love movies like this that makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
Ending was expected, but well I didn't think he will just touch a random kid. If I would have one complaint, it would be that the parting wasn't as powerful as I was hoping it would be. I already knew they would be separated so lack of surprise wasn't a problem, but emotionally, it didn't move me as much as I'd hoped it would.
Still, it was a good movie and definitely recommend it, especially to Natsume fans. The soundtrack was also well done.

You had the same exact reaction as me. Down to linking that fantastic piano piece from the film.

Solune

Don't worry, a master-level 'lurker' is always watching!

But... has C_V appeared recently on your IRC channel? I remember we talked about that (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34016141&postcount=215).
It's up to you to come to the channel and find out =).
kids on the slope made me wanna watch nodame again... so that's what I'm doing now!

Nodame Cantabile 1-2

Gotta love nodame's voice. it's 100% cute.

it's so weird watching this after watching the live action recently. Still am liking it.

:saber

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Honoured is a pretty strong word. Either way, I am glad that you've been able to contribute!

What are you talking about? AnimeGAF is the epicenter of all anime culture on the internet. We're the luminaries and golden gods that legions of fans can only dream of associating with someday, so "honored" is a perfectly approprAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't keep it up.

What are you talking about? AnimeGAF is the epicenter of all anime culture on the internet. We're the luminaries and golden gods that legions of fans can only dream of associating with someday, so "honored" is a perfectly approprAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can't keep it up.

1337614563870t9c55.jpg

We are the cancer of NeoGaf

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
We are not the epicentre, but I agree we are the only ones worth following.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't believe we're just over 1,000 posts away from OT 3. This is truly the craziest anime thread ever, but this season deserves it.

cajunator 1,321
Jexhius 1,045
Ultimadrago 766
Brazil 676
Mad Pierrot 613
Branduil 595
Envelope 593
duckroll 554
wonzo 509
Femmeworth 509
cosmicblizzard 495
Regulus Tera 484
Dedication Through Light 431
Uchip 430
hosannainexcelsis 407

Post 400 shame wall. I'm free!

Kazzy

Wow If I could only covert all that time posting into gameplay hours to FFXIII-2 (still sitting unopened).

It's probably for the best, and I say that as someone who liked it.

It manages to avoid a lot of the problems of XIII, whilst at the same time, creating more of its own.

Here's some of mine of the top of my head

The Girl who leapt through Time 3.5/10(this has the worst last quarter/35mins I 've ever seen in a anime movie)

Hm, I'm assuming that the
reveal of aliens made it stupid for you?

Shit, banned, well that will go unanswered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom