• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saint Seiya Omega 8

This new Capricorn saint is awful compared to Shura and even more awful compared to El Cid. All the new saints suck in this :(

Also, that is bullshit if
the tournament ends there after how much Eden has been hyped up as an opponent for Koga.

with love.

sDk1F.gif

Thoraxes

Good morning!

School days makes even less sense sober.

Is this an informational video they show trouble high schoolers? Is this a hentai gone wrong?
The lack of adults outside of that teacher is kinda disturbing... is this Angel Beats prequel?

I do wish it wasn't rushed at the end... just imagine if it was 24 eps!

Well, i've got to hand it to you, you made it to the gripping conclusion.

Here's a Kotonoha bad end video from the 2010 School Days game for fun that I just happened to have handy.

Ultimadrago

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 2

u787e.jpg

Frozen sake brings about suffering.

Bahaha! Men just can't keep their hands off the "goods"!

and when they do, she perfectly deflects the hostage gun in order for it to shoot some one...in the head.

Seriously enough sexual harassment for the whole family.

Also, third-rate keikaku that leads to an action scene that makes no sense!

Oh Yami to Boushi, where are you going?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
We're already doing all of the AnimeGAF meta-discussion with over a thousand posts left? This is going to be the longest and fastest mad rush to 20k ever.

Joule

Hidamari Sketch 5

I'm not sure why my "impressions" always feel more like summaries for this show, less so for a number of others. It could be because of it's stature and organization as a "slice-of-life". Anyhow, strange(?) episode, yet anything different for this series is usually welcome by myself. Though regardless of the difference in visual aesthetic and tone for the first half of the episode, it still comes around to the girls looking out for one another, being friends, ya know, what the series usually stands for.
Beyond speaking on the production of the show, the contents don't leave too much discuss (other than perhaps Yuno's pocket moments of self reflection as a person/artist). This isn't much to speak of on the art schooling premise either since there isn't much of that going on really, it's just the backdrop for feelgood doings. The series is quite consistent on this for most people I've known that have seen it. But it is this consistency is what I really enjoy about it. Every episode usually makes feel pretty good afterwards. Dat healing effect. On that note, the OPs and EDs really exemplify the unabashed cheerfulness and feelgood-ness of the series while being earworms. This acoustic version of the first season's OP/ED is so good.

I've been rereading the manga since you've been watching the series. It's still so good. One thing that could be discussed is how the anime distributed the chapters of the manga and rearranged them (though this is usually something that holds for any series of 4panel origin). While the chronological order of things isn't that important for an mostly episodic series anyway, the anime give that a further push and mixed them up a bit. Each segment gave a random page of a diary feel which was quite pleasant. The transitions between A part B part or C part felt smooth because of this.

It's probably for the best, and I say that as someone who liked it.

It manages to avoid a lot of the problems of XIII, whilst at the same time, creating more of its own.
!

Seeing all the gifs of Hope, and Noel helped me to keep the game shelved in addition to tons of anime, all I really wanted from the game, if Hopes playable. Probably get to it this summer, since I most likely wont be following 35 anime this summer.

Saint Seiya Omega 8

Good episode. I always wondered why Hogwarts
wasn't attacked by Mars given how everyone who has a chance of posing threat to Mars is there, but looks like that barrier stopped him? Also about time they talked about the Athena stuff.

Koga vs Eden didn't happen, my only disappointment.

I thought Koga v Eden would happen soon, Eden seemed like is definitely aligned with the martians.

/XX/

Well, it was inevitable, I suppose. I am sure many thousands of otaku will be thrilled to see that bathing sequence uncut. SHAFT are feeding the monsters of the night with this garbage.
Worse thing yet; less showing of Mr. Ararararagi toned abs on various scenes is a disgrace... why would you do that?!

It's up to you to come to the channel and find out =).
You know, conversational English isn't my forte, but if you also speak Spanish in there I'm up for it.

Also, you are closer to Branduil's level of necromancy than to Jexhius'!

It should be well known that 100 and above posts is notable shame!
Yep... I've restrained myself this time... TWO whole posts less (counting this one you see here) than in the previous thread, wooh!

Now the only thing I have to do is not to post any... mor... e...

Why the hell did you bring up this topic with over one thousand posts left anyway?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well, it was inevitable, I suppose. I am sure many thousands of otaku will be thrilled to see that bathing sequence uncut. SHAFT are feeding the monsters of the night with this garbage.
Fujoshi am cry.

Rosario Vampire 01
You don't say...
So, new anime time. And, it's a harem show of supernatural hijinks.
I gotta say, maybe I'm too used to the all the new shows but this show does look dated or at least with the colors and stuff. I can already see it's a harem show just by the amount of panty shots they are flashing at me the moment girl vampire is shown. Hell, by the end, I have pretty much gotten used since I guess either her skirt is too short or the camera at the show is always at an angle directed up her butt.
Uh, besides that, it's somewhat decent. I'm not expecting too much out of this, but at least Moka is pretty sweet as the female lead.
Also, since when did orcs have a long tongue like a snake? If anything, it seems like it was just to lick all over Moka during the fight scene.

Ultimadrago

Beyond speaking on the production of the show, the contents don't leave too much discuss (other than perhaps Yuno's pocket moments of self reflection as a person/artist). This isn't much to speak of on the art schooling premise either since there isn't much of that going on really, it's just the backdrop for feelgood doings. The series is quite consistent on this for most people I've known that have seen it. But it is this consistency is what I really enjoy about it. Every episode usually makes feel pretty good afterwards. Dat healing effect. On that note, the OPs and EDs really exemplify the unabashed cheerfulness and feelgood-ness of the series while being earworms. This acoustic version of the first season's OP/ED is so good.

Yeah, I'd sum it up as "feel good" as well. The events are pretty low-tone and consistent, but it's just nice to watch. Not in a "boring" or "dull" manner, but a "colorful" (in both visuals and personality) and "relaxing" one. The line between those pairs might come down to expectations at times, I don't know. Yet, I have been having a good time with it, regardless of there not being "much to discuss" in-between the lines/segments of events. The characters and light-heart in nature simply gain generally positive feelings out of me.

Also, was feeling that acoustic OP/ED. Quite nice on the ears.

Rosario Vampire 01

You don't say...
I gotta say, maybe I'm too used to the all the new shows but this show does look dated or at least with the colors and stuff. I can already see it's a harem show just by the amount of panty shots they are flashing at me the moment girl vampire is shown. Hell, by the end, I have pretty much gotten used since I guess either her skirt is too short or the camera at the show is always at an angle directed up her butt.
Uh, besides that, it's somewhat decent. I'm not expecting too much out of this, but at least Moka is pretty sweet as the female lead.

Guess what.
It genre shifts to a battle series.
Or at least the manga does. Not sure about the anime.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Rosario Vampire 01

You don't say...

Moka is ok, but Mizuru is where it's at.

(you haven't met her yet though, I believe.)

Guess what.
It genre shifts to a battle series.
Or at least the manga does. Not sure about the anime.

That's kinda the reason why I was willing to watch this. Not even sure if it'll switch but the off hope will probably keep me going!

Moka is ok, but Mizuru is where it's at.

(you haven't met her yet though, I believe.)

Nope, though I'm guessing it's gonna do one character introduction per episode till they run out of girls or something.

That's kinda the reason why I was willing to watch this. Not even sure if it'll switch but the off hope will probably keep me going!

Nope, though I'm guessing it's gonna do one character introduction per episode till they run out of girls or something.

Exactly what happens. I still think that Mizore looks much better with longer hair. I'm personally a Kurumu fan. XD

I like the manga a good amount post genre-shift actually. It's up and down, but there are some pretty good fights.

If I were to rank the genre-shifted battle series, it would be something like Medaka Box>Rosario + Vampire>Katekyo Hitman Reborn>Negima (would be above KHR if not for the ending). So yeah, not bad.

Ultimadrago

Yep... I've restrained myself this time... TWO whole posts less (counting this one you see here) than in the previous thread, wooh!

Now the only thing I have to do is not to post any... mor... e...

Nonsense, remember your goal!

Nah, I'd prefer a determined young heart like yours... look out! I'm going for that wild beast status on the next WALL OF SHAME!

You have the determination /XX/, you just have to accept your innate power!

Why the hell did you bring up this topic with over one thousand posts left anyway?

It was Jex!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 3

At least they recognize that Eve's forehead is immense.

What the hell was up with that scene. Seriously. This wizard chick is beyond annoying (and much like all the other characters, a sexual offender).

And then we get another nonsense sub-plot. The kid's the lightning, the blade that is born within the dark shadow surrounded by the brightest light ehh, a compulsive bird murderer and a statue finger-sucker. Cool. And the girl has... The power that blows for everyone. Nice.

Those missiles... There's no logic here.

Soma

But that's like everybody!
cajunator 1,321
Jexhius 1,045
Ultimadrago 767
Brazil 676
Mad Pierrot 613
Branduil 595
Envelope 593
duckroll 554
Femmeworth 509
wonzo 509
cosmicblizzard 495
Regulus Tera 484
Dedication Through Light 432
Uchip 430
hosannainexcelsis 408
firehawk12 366
chickdigger802 337
survivor 305
PdotMichael 302
RurouniZel 283
Dresden 280
Chet Rippo 261
dakkumauji 251
Articalys 235
pizzaroll 234
Dance In My Blood 234
BGBW 232
Hitokage 212
jman2050 199
KO Traveling Hobo 196
Makoto 191
Defuser 187
Jarmel 175
Instro 168
Narag 165
zeroshiki 159
Jintor 158
trejo 155
A Black Falcon 147
Steroyd 139
EmmanuelMunoz 136
Theonik 133
Hellsing321 124
Cwarrior 112
Thoraxes 112
moonspeak 111

Well.

Damn.

My lurking ways are slowly disappearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom