• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

I would say the studio doesn't matter if the right staff are involved, as we've seen recently, but this doesn't look like the right staff either. I am looking forward to Tonari though.
When it's ZEXCS? Their consistency has been on par with White Fox.

Edit: I see no reason to bet against the studio despite recent trends trying to suggest otherwise.

Oh no you don't!

It should be well known that 100 and above posts is notable shame!

But that's like everybody!
cajunator 1,321
Jexhius 1,045
Ultimadrago 767
Brazil 676
Mad Pierrot 613
Branduil 595
Envelope 593
duckroll 554
Femmeworth 509
wonzo 509
cosmicblizzard 495
Regulus Tera 484
Dedication Through Light 432
Uchip 430
hosannainexcelsis 408
firehawk12 366
chickdigger802 337
survivor 305
PdotMichael 302
RurouniZel 283
Dresden 280
Chet Rippo 261
dakkumauji 251
Articalys 235
pizzaroll 234
Dance In My Blood 234
BGBW 232
Hitokage 212
jman2050 199
KO Traveling Hobo 196
Makoto 191
Defuser 187
Jarmel 175
Instro 168
Narag 165
zeroshiki 159
Jintor 158
trejo 155
A Black Falcon 147
Steroyd 139
EmmanuelMunoz 136
Theonik 133
Hellsing321 124
Cwarrior 112
Thoraxes 112
moonspeak 111

survivor

Banned
Saint Seiya Omega 8

Good episode. I always wondered why Hogwarts
wasn't attacked by Mars given how everyone who has a chance of posing threat to Mars is there, but looks like that barrier stopped him? Also about time they talked about the Athena stuff.

Koga vs Eden didn't happen, my only disappointment.

cajunator

Banned
Just when you thought things were starting to seem normal, too.

Deeper. Go deeper.

Careful. He will get lost in the void forever!

Midori is actual ero-guro. Gyo is not. I would say that makes the former more disturbing.

Yeah, midori was genuinely disgusting. but if I made it through that I can probably make it through Gyo.

Here we go.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 1

I have absolutely no idea of what the hell is going on here.

Nice derpface, gurl.

Erm... Alright. You're so good, man. You saw right through her... Wait, what? That was supposed to be a man disguise?!

Between nonsense flashbacks and shaky/blurry camera, this has a lot of potential.

Yes.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 2

Hmm...

Seriously? You're a spy, and you're surprised when people can tell you're a woman with those hanging?

So, ok. Apparently the girl with the sword, the chick and the loli wizard are going to different worlds to find Eve/not-so-mute girl. Alright. And they don't have anything more to do in this world... And that means this plot line is done? That can't be right. What was this all about? There was spy 1, spy 2, and spy 3, and they were in a train... Because they wanted to get somewhere? Why the bomb? Why is she a "good person"? And why are all the characters sexual offenders?

Guess I'll never know.

YESSSSSS. Continue. Delve more into Yami's mysteries!

Wow If I could only covert all that time posting into gameplay hours to FFXIII-2 (still sitting unopened).

I feel similarly about Xenoblade. Sitting there all pretty with its amazing music and art and I'm neglecting it for the harlot named Animu.

That looks really good, but somehow off. Maybe it's the character designs.

I hope there's no Nano.Ripe

I hope there is always Nano.Ripe. I love her vocal style.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
From a brief survey of their reception, Tonari seems like an enjoyable romantic comedy, whereas Sukitte is on the smutty side of things.
Tonari looks like a must-watch (for me) based on the staff + the fact it's a romantic comedy. So I'll be keeping a eye on it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Here we go.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 1

I have absolutely no idea of what the hell is going on here.

Nice derpface, gurl.

Erm... Alright. You're so good, man. You saw right through her... Wait, what? That was supposed to be a man disguise?!

Between nonsense flashbacks and shaky/blurry camera, this has a lot of potential.

Another lamb to the slaughter.

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Enjoy.

The new Lupin, thankfully, was really good. This was the most Osumi-like episode yet: modulation between Mushi Pro-style direction (Rintaro, Dezaki) and more animated scenes, a great sense of atmosphere and intrigue, some more crazy figurative scenes in Fujiko's subconscious, and great pacing and development all-in-all. There weren't any weak points this time around—unless you don't like
Oscar getting more to do than Zenigata, again (though he'll gradually take matters into his own hands one Oscar fails too many times, I bet)
. And the animation was limited, too, but it was adequate and even rather interesting when it was used.

—I've got a hunch that maybe, just maybe, Masaaki Osumi directed this episode. It even climaxes in a Osumi-esque setting: remote hostel/house located in the woods on the foothills of mountains!

EDIT: Never mind: it's Junji Nishimura, that guy who directed the Ranma anime.

Steroyd

KnT is the only shoujo you need to watch, that shit is hardcore

Well, Ouran is shoujo too

and I guess Maid-sama as well

And Ashiteruze Baby

Lovely Complex

and there's Hana Yori Dango

Oh and don't forget Skip Beat!

Does Mahou Shoujo count as shoujo? Because if it does, that's a whoooole lot of shoujo right there.

Good morning!

School days makes even less sense sober.

Is this an informational video they show trouble high schoolers? Is this a hentai gone wrong?
The lack of adults outside of that teacher is kinda disturbing... is this Angel Beats prequel?

I do wish it wasn't rushed at the end... just imagine if it was 24 eps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom