• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yeah, you asked for real yuri, and so I supplied it. :)

Anyway, simoun is good, Mai-Hime is a bit infamous for it's ending, but there's lots of yuri teasing
and one instance of yuri rape
, I don't know if I would personally recommend it, but if you want to give it a try, go ahead!

Now you're making me iffy on Mai-Hime (
the "infamous ending", not the yuri rape lol
). We'll see.

It's the best kind of yuri after all. :p

Oh yeah, Taishou Baseball Girls has 1920s yuri. Watch that, SDBurton!

Sports yuri? I'll check it out!

You guys are just stuffing that man's mouth full of "yuri"!

And he's still not stuffed!

It's like a thirst that can never be quenched!

-----

Simoun 01

h8z5V.png

Within the first 5 minutes we're already off to great start! Jokes aside the first episode was really cool. Looks like I'll be introduced to a diverse and colorful cast of characters in the next few episodes. What weirded me out though were
the older women who I guess decided to become guys? I thought they were going to remain looking like a girl but just have a penis. Hahaha. Here I was thinking there was going to be some futa action.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes. Watch this show. Its cute as fuck and actually about baseball.
It's better than RKB! (wwww)

At least Haru was slightly less annoying this time but I swear, if
anything happens to the grandma then FUCK THIS SHOW
I think you just jinxed it. lol

---

Tasogare Otome 3

Oh hey, it's gender-swapped Natsume:
nfSRdl.jpg

You know, it's funny, because Natsu no Arashi also did the pilot that "starts in the middle of the show" before jumping into the character introductions as well... which is probably another reason why I get the same vibe from the show.

The (cheap) Shaft symbolism helps as well:
JqT1bl.jpg

DiQeal.jpg

(and yeah, after Hyouka, it's pretty cheap. lol)

I think it's funny that we have three (or more?) "Mysterious girl(friend)" shows this season though: Tasogare, Nazo no Kanajo, and Hyouka (and Tsuritama, if you want to be cute about it!). After the season of the action girl (Rinne, Pirates, BRS, Symphogear), maybe things like this do come in waves. :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I agree that the characterization isn't anything to write home about, unlike Kids on the Slope and Space Bros - which is why the latter two remain my favorite shows of the season. I could imagine getting bored with the novel. But the way the anime packages everything is very compelling and just pleasant to watch.
Eh, the writing is similar to those two shows to be honest.

They really wanted drive home just how "in-shape" Eru is.
Hahaha, that shirt!

He's too pushy and stupid. It's annoying.

The main character's not my favorite either, but at least he has those cool metaphorical drowning scenes to go with him.
He's a genki... that's what they do. Then again, most people hate Haruhi too!

Oh, like that's hard to do.
Poor RKB. :(

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Fate/Stay Night 20:

Not much to say,
Shirou and Saber go on a date, it fails, he gets mad at himself and goes back to get her because she apparently can't think for herself anymore, and then F/Z Archer shows up. The end. :p

EDIT: The very first minute of Fate/Stay Night 21:

Shirou LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Joule

Oh, ok =(
----------

Kimi to Boku 2 3: Whereas the last episode was pre-Christmas, this is the day of. The boys planned to spend it together watching dvds for the entire day. A bro-centric Christmas, a novel idea. They don't quite get to do it though as they ran out of dvds to watch and head out to rent more. They get caught up in a Santa part-time job after wrecking a Christmas tree. An alright episode. I didn't care too much for Akira's antics but the kids interaction with the boys was funny. Yuta getting popular with the young girls and Shun having boys trying to get an upskirt look (of course he gets the lady santa costume). There was also some adult nostalgia with Azuma but not much else :firehawk.

What I found the most intriguing in this episode was this one scene where this girl is huffing a bag of flour along in the foreground while the boys are talking middle. Reminded me that I should pick up some stuff as well.
GHvSY.jpg

Christmas baking~ A very :firehawk backstory for her came up in my mind.

And again, the cats were plentiful and cute. JC Staff should consider an all cat anime sometime.

So tired today. Spent so much money at Japantown today and just tired overall from walking around and returning to the heat, but first thing I do is to watch anime!

Hyouka 01
PNIIY.gif

Wow, that was really nice. Great background music, those violins~ The story and premise is actually pretty interesting with the mysteries and the club. Them graphics, my god, everything is so pretty.
But, rapedate eyes now? Is this the season of rapedate materials?

----------

Kimi to Boku 2 3: Whereas the last episode was pre-Christmas, this is the day of. The boys planned to spend it together watching dvds for the entire day. A bro-centric Christmas, a novel idea. They don't quite get to do it though as they ran out of dvds to watch and head out to rent more. They get caught up in a Santa part-time job after wrecking a Christmas tree. An alright episode. I didn't care too much for Akira's antics but the kids interaction with the boys was funny. Yuta getting popular with the young girls and Shun having boys trying to get an upskirt look (of course he gets the lady santa costume). There was also some adult nostalgia with Azuma but not much else :firehawk.

What I found the most intriguing in this episode was this one scene where this girl is huffing a bag of flour along in the foreground while the boys are talking middle. Reminded me that I should pick up some stuff as well.

And again, the cats were plentiful and cute. JC Staff should consider an all cat anime sometime.

Akira needs to come again, hes funny though at 30 yrs old, heh.

Uchip

Banned
my god im so sick of school settings for anime
first apollon, then hyouka, and starting the first episode of tsuritama guess what
school! ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

E7 and Lupin are saving my sanity

edit: take tsuritama out of that list actually

RurouniZel

Fate/Stay Night 21:

After getting thoroughly owned, Shirou manages to
Summon the scabbard of Excalibur and they repel F/Z Archer's attack. Shirou keeps trying to convince Saber to stay with him, but she won't let it happen (good girl!). Anyhoo, Shirou goes to see Kotomine only to get assaulted by Lancer. :p

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It's fun to start watching a show without knowing anything about it beforehand. It can lead to some interesting surprises.

Mirai Nikki 1

Like the
brutality
of this.

They sure don't waste time moving the plot forward. The protagonist, with his annoying voice, doesn't seem bothered by the craziness of a
future-reading diary.

This seems like an interesting mix of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, the Holy Grail War, and something with a pink-haired chick who makes scary faces. The fact that the text in the diaries changes on the go, though... It could become plot hole heaven.

That final scene with all the
players
was awesome, bwahaha. Poor kid.

It's fun to start watching a show without knowing anything about it beforehand. It can lead to some interesting surprises.

Mirai Nikki 1

Like the
brutality
of this.
This seems like an interesting mix of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, the Holy Grail War, and something with a pink-haired chick who makes scary faces. The fact that the text in the diaries changes on the go, though... It could become plot hole heaven.

players

Ive been rewatching it. I like the diary changes on the go, and the sound effect. This was when the anime was great.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Interstellar Brothers 04

Gratuitous Engrish fuck yes.

Muta is such a bro. Show of the season is still the best. They managed to capture the anxiety of such stressful interview environments without cheapening out on the optimistic view of dream-following. I love this.

RurouniZel

Fate/Stay Night 22:

Revealing the true nature of his plans,
Kotomine reveals that the grail will do nothing more than destroy all but the owner, and is basically nothing more than a weapon. It will not grant the wish Saber wanted. Saber figures out that the Scabbard of Excalibur is how Shirou managed to summon her to begin with and is the source of his auto-regen. And now they go to destroy the grail.

Uchip

Banned
Tsuritama 01
This show is fresh
And all of the characters are fish out of water (heh)
ill deal with the school stuff if the show maintains that freshness

Koroviev

Mirai Nikki 1

Like the
brutality
of this.

They sure don't waste time moving the plot forward. The protagonist, with his annoying voice, doesn't seem bothered by the craziness of a
future-reading diary.

players

The first episode is very interesting. It certainly grabs you.

my god im so sick of school settings for anime
first apollon, then hyouka, and starting the first episode of tsuritama guess what
school! ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

E7 and Lupin are saving my sanity

edit: take tsuritama out of that list actually

There are at least 10 shows this season that have nothing or little to do with school.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Hyouka 1

Those eyes oh god oh man oh god oh man those eyes

Anyway, Kyoani has pretty much the best character animation in a tv show at this point, great looking all around. Unfortunately, the story and characters were fairly boring, as expected the MC is a bit annoying with his whole "low powered" schtick. The mysteries were lower than gosick tier, hopefully they get a lot better.

zeroshiki

Hyouka 1

Those eyes oh god oh man oh god oh man those eyes

Anyway, Kyoani has pretty much the best character animation in a tv show at this point, great looking all around. Unfortunately, the story and characters were fairly boring, as expected the MC is a bit annoying with his whole "low powered" schtick. The mysteries were lower than gosick tier, hopefully they get a lot better.

I really think this is a mystery in the sense that they will "solve" mundane school stuff. This is gonna be a slice of life anime disguised as a mystery much in the same way Bungaku Shoujo does it minus the literary allusions.

Instro

I really think this is a mystery in the sense that they will "solve" mundane school stuff. This is gonna be a slice of life anime disguised as a mystery much in the same way Bungaku Shoujo does it minus the literary allusions.

I'm ok with this, sometimes mundane mysteries are quite difficult. Like, where did I put my car keys?! :(

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Yeah, the strength of the mysteries might not be important at all, depending on where they take the show. Anyway, this series is worth watching for Eru alone, I can't wait for the Eru x Erio crossover fan art.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Haven't seen Bungaku Shoujo, but doesn't Hyouka have that whole "classics club" thing going for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom