• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

Yeah, the strength of the mysteries might not be important at all, depending on where they take the show. Anyway, this series is worth watching for Eru alone, I can't wait for the Eru x Erio crossover fan art.

Eru x Mio and the world will end.

Haven't seen Bungaku Shoujo, but doesn't Hyouka have that whole "classics club" thing going for it?

Based on the series overview, the classics thing will play a role but I think it might just be like those 7 mysteries thing where they run after this stuff but find out they're not really that mysterious after all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think I got a bite!

Do I need to like football?
Umm. It depends on your tolerance of sports anime more than whether or not you enjoy the sport. Certainly, I don't like any sports and I'm okay with the show.

It definitely has a school setting.
Naw, if he's okay with Tsuritama, then he'll be okay with this because it's not about them in school. And besides, it's elementary school, not high school!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I think I got a bite!

Umm. It depends on your tolerance of sports anime more than whether or not you enjoy the sport. Certainly, I don't like any sports and I'm okay with the show.

Naw, if he's okay with Tsuritama, then he'll be okay with this because it's not about them in school. And besides, it's elementary school, not high school!

And as we all know from the teaching of RKB, elementary schools are the best!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Fate/Stay Night 24:

And so ends my marathon. This was fun to watch. :)
Ending was bittersweet, but expected.

Legend of the Legendary Heroes dub 15.5 - 22

Hard to run through an anime in the face of so many airing series. Was surprised Funimation kept the extra episode, I feel in the past some companies would forgo included recap clip shows to save extra money...but I like these in anime that have heavy plots as they keep things together.

Favorite plot line was the
introduction of the other main Alpha Stigma users to Ryner going with him, to then that place getting destroyed. Was touching and shortlived. I kind of wish it was a bit longer to get more development of them and the kids there, or to have Ferris and Sion at least spend some time without Ryner.

Anime really loves the killing people by the heads yielding to blood spraying on the camera, and is quite bloody. It makes me a bit light headed, I dont recall feeling like this in my longrunning shonens.

I thought you'd be happy that
Shirou didn't get the girl.

I will simply say Shirou is one lucky bastard in more ways than one. Especially if you've read the VN.

And (can be seen as) F/SN spoilers
SaberXShirou OTP

Oh, one other thing for both of you, you can also look up Carnival Phantasm. Carnival Phantasm was a 12 (semi 13/14) OVA series which was Type-Moon actually having 'fun' and not their normal serious business type. It is split with some being based on FSN and the other Tsukihime, with cast at times interacting or cameoing. Some are rather hilarious, moreso if you are now familiar with the works involved. Not to mention it gave us the 12 minute Fate/Prototype, a look into 'what could have been' with some of Nasu's original ideas, such as a male King Arthur with a female protagonist.

I do recommend looking it up.

wonzo

Banned
Smile PreCure! 12

smileprecure12.jpg

Ehh, I'm not really a fan of the Candy centric episodes but at least she's somewhat self aware of just how annoying she is.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Carnival Phantasm is the best thing typemoon's done in a while. The biggest problem with it is it's hard to abbreviate.

Joule

Don't be lured into making any more of these fishy puns!

-------

Kore Zombie 2+3: If the show keeps being silly, it could turn out to be a lot better than how the first season ended up. The gags are fairly amusing like Sara's love of dat ass, the youtube uploading of Ayumu's perverse magiclad antics, fixing Mystalteain via surgery and innuendo, Anderson putting the moves on Orito... The best though was the whole back up dancer part of episode 3. That voodoo that you do so well. Yuki and Haruna's terrible curse causing dance is suffering. Pretty entertaining stuff. The whole mountain climbing thing was a little dull but Yuki gets some love. Looks like they'll finally be getting back to Dai-sensei and Kyoko though so it might be srs bizz again hopefully not in a terrible way.

b887i.jpg

Look at that cg audience getting into it!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I will simply say Shirou is one lucky bastard in more ways than one. Especially if you've read the VN.

And (can be seen as) F/SN spoilers
SaberXShirou OTP

Oh, one other thing for both of you, you can also look up Carnival Phantasm. Carnival Phantasm was a 12 (semi 13/14) OVA series which was Type-Moon actually having 'fun' and not their normal serious business type. It is split with some being based on FSN and the other Tsukihime, with cast at times interacting or cameoing. Some are rather hilarious, moreso if you are now familiar with the works involved. Not to mention it gave us the 12 minutes Fate/Prototype, a look into 'what could have been' with some of Nasu's original ideas, such as a male King Arthur with a female protagonist.

I do recommend looking it up.

Oh, yeah. I've heard about that series, but dismissed it thinking the premise was silly, haha.

I'll also look into it, then.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fate/Zero 16
F5RsW.jpg

When this show hits the peaks it really hits those highs.
Just a great wrap on the whole conflict between Kiritsugu and Kayneth. I love seeing Kiritsugu at work, because it feels less like he's hiding behind his Servant and more like he's working in tandem with them (even if this is unknown to Saber). It's hard to really feel that he is more menacing or ruthless than his competitors, but his efficiency and the way he's portrayed with such a stone face really makes him seem colder than everyone else, although I like him more for it. In many ways the Grail War is built up as something grand, but he really just cuts right through that.

The actual scene of Kayneth and Lancer's end seemed inevitable, but it hit pretty hard coming all at once, and it was handled extremely well. Lancer's loss of charm and composure with an outpouring of vitriolic emotions exposes this one last hidden side of him before he's gone. These darker feelings of his were appropriately hinted at beforehand, even just in the earlier section of this episode where Kayneth confronts Lancer over the carelessness taken with his fiance.

For as smart as Kiritsugu is it seems like he isn't able to appropriately put a gauge Saber. Even if he comes off as the one in the right the rift between her and him seems to be growing to an irreparable state. It's difficult to imagine he'll be able to really keep eliminating the competition if he's at odds with Saber, so it'll be interesting to see just how that stuff plays out.

It's hit or miss, but the
Berserker's Errand segment in episode 5
is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

I love that bit when
Ilya's controller runs out of juice and she calls him, we hear the feet pounding as he rushes to her room and then this enourmous head sticks out of the door. And that ending... at least she got her battery. :p

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure 12:

OjHsR.jpg

Lighten up, Reika.

What occurs at the crossroads of Candy's incompetence and Miyuki's dumbfounding lack of empathy? Almost getting your ass kicked by an Akanbe for no good reason, that's what.

Sooooooo this was kinda sorta supposed to be a Reika episode, but apparently the writers have no idea what to do with her character so they just made her Candy's emotional support and let her save the day in battle. I don't understand why she couldn't have gotten a better episode as she's already been well-established as a reserved, elegant girl with some goofy tendencies underneath and there's plenty that could have been done with that.

Joker
finally reappeared this episode, and as usual he's really bad news. You kind of get a feeling for just how far down the food chain of evil Wolfrun, Akaoni, and Majolina are when
Joker can saunter in and poof Akanbe upgrades out of thin air after episodes of the trio languishing in total defeat
. Pierrot is going to fuck shit up when he gets revived in Episode 22.

The battle wasn't great, sadly. They started putting some thick lines on Wolfrun and I was hoping that everything was going to go all sakuga in preparation for the
upgrade
, but this was the extent of it:

Beauty karate chopped away some attacks but that was it. Even the
power-up
animation ended up being too brief and not particularly visually interesting. It had a strong, strong case of
IN STORES NOW
without anything to offset it.

At least next week should prove to be pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom