• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I somewhat agree with this.

Disagree, had to be the race episode. Reminded me of Wacky Races back in the day.

For Carnival Phanstasm, did you notice in the opening that
Assasin is represented by a cardboard cutout while everyone else is dancing? He's not even allowed to leave the temple to star in the opening!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Too bad there's no more animated avatars anymore.

S7EhI.gif

In a while?

You guys realize Fate/Zero is airing right now, right? Or are we claiming its not Type moon anymore?

To be fair, it's more like a collaboration between Type Moon and Nitro+. Not saying anything about the quality about other Type Moon stuff because I'm mostly indifferent, but yeah...

Articalys

Hyouka 1

I'm really tired right now, and there's little point to saying much of anything after a couple hundred posts already dissecting every element of the show and singing its praises, so I'll just say this was easily worth the wait. For some reason I really liked the walk through town at the end.

Actually, I think I'll take a cue from Houtarou; be more low-energy with posting impressions from here on for most currently airing shows.

Jex

I really hope Chihayafuru keeps having a great and fast pacing. Cause KnT right now is pretty slow going and I don't want to watch 2 anime at the same time that go nowhere.
If you want something with rather more effective pacing just watch Miss Critical Moment. 4 minute episodes are the best episodes.

Cloudy

Banned
Just watched ep one of Ozuma. Really liking the character designs. If I like this, should I watch Leiji Matsumoto's other stuff?

Lain

Phi Brain 1-2

It's not that bad, though the premise is a bit stupid. Mostly its not that bad because the episodes end with me not noticing that time has passed, which means both episodes were engaging enough. I disliked a bit the summary at the start of episode 2, as those summaries feel like a waste of time that could be better spent on content for the actual episode.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Suspicious Friend with Benefits Z 03

I love the OP song. For some reason it sounds like all those stupid animu songs I used to listen to when I was a teenager (
I did the candy kiss-swapping a lot
).

Urabe is really shallow. So she was willing to test footballer-guy to see if they were compatible without any regard for Nice Guy? Then again, he's a nice guy.

That doesn't make her any less of an arse. She's not interested in making any kind of meaningful developments in their relationship, she's just into the kinkiness. That's not an emotional connection, that's lust.

Stupid, moronic teenagers. They'll go adrift during their college years. Urabe will start banging other dudes while snorting coke while Nice Guy will keep on fawning over her like the stupid Nice Guy he is.

Jex

[Hyouka] - 1

This is good. I wouldn't call it my show of the season or anything, because I am not particularly interested in the premise. Yet, as expected, the production values are truly excellent, with some astounding background art.

Also, eww, boys etc.
Look at that MASSIVE CRANIUM. Her head is HUGE.

Big headed moe.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mysterious Girlfriend X 2

[...]

All I know is that my jaw was wide open while I was watching this so my girlfriend thought it fitting to use her finger to accumulate her own drool and promptly insert it into my mouth. Needless to say, like Chihayafuru makes karuta seem much more cooler than it is, Mysterious Girlfriend X makes sucking drool from the finger of another seem more enjoyable than what reality dictates.
Stealth bragging post? Stealth bragging post.

Jex

Simoun 01[/B]

h8z5V.png

Within the first 5 minutes we're already off to great start! Jokes aside the first episode was really cool. Looks like I'll be introduced to a diverse and colorful cast of characters in the next few episodes. What weirded me out though were
the older women who I guess decided to become guys? I thought they were going to remain looking like a girl but just have a penis. Hahaha. Here I was thinking there was going to be some futa action.

With regards to the spoilered, that would just be weird!

Jex

Hyouka 1

Character 1: *monologues*

Character 2: I shall now proceed to describe your quirks and characteristics and recite them to you while you are sitting right here in front of me.

I really dislike this type of character introduction. Having the characters describe each other to themselves feels really artificial and it always stands out to me as really lazy writing.

The rest of the episode fared better but not by much. If this show is really gonna be about mysteries then they're gonna have to do a better job than this. I have to say it didn't really grab me. The characters also seem to have this tendency to explain themselves and their actions way too much. It comes across as exceedingly wordy when it shouldn't. The last scene with the two dudes felt completely unnecesary to me.
I kept thinking "what went on was rather apparent and not very complex so why are they explaining all this shit to each other like that?" and "couldn't they have come up with a better way to show me all this without throwing so many lines of dialogue at my face?".
It's almost like these dudes love the sound of their voice way too much.

Unfortunately that's the major problem with this episode. Too much grating, empty conversations covering things we already knew or didn't need to know or which could be explained via less heavy handed monologues.

zeroshiki

[Hyouka] - 1

This is good. I wouldn't call it my show of the season or anything, because I am not particularly interested in the premise. Yet, as expected, the production values are truly excellent, with some astounding background art.

You have something against slice of life? You monster.

Narag

Angel Beats 5

Show continues to be stupid as fuck. If it keeps up the whole 'eveeryone is a god damn moron' premise, this won't even be a guilty pleasure. I'll end up genuinely liking it.

Jex

Hyouka 1

This is the best audiovisual package this season, with the possible exception of Tsuritama. I could post a bunch of screenshots, but I think it's better experienced in context. Incredibly atmospheric, even magical in places. Kyoto Animation does not disappoint.

The "mysteries" are straightforward so far, but I like how they're presented. There were some really neat directing tricks on display. The deliberate pace and mood will serve well once we get into the more elaborate mysteries I'm sure will come. I'm completely satisfied.

Well, they're a slight step-up over Gosick, but not by much.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
With regards to the spoilered, that would just be weird!

Pfft! Get outta here! :D

-----------

Simoun 04

wASnV.png

Holy shit at
Aaeru cutting off the guy's hands. And I also noticed that one of her eyes was red for a moment, which I'm guessing will be explained later on in the series.

cqgqy.png

Still not used to the older 'males' speaking with the voice of woman in her twenties.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Smile Precure 12:

What occurs at the crossroads of Candy's incompetence and Miyuki's dumbfounding lack of empathy? Almost getting your ass kicked by an Akanbe for no good reason, that's what.

It's all about friendship nakamas!
veWnGl.jpg

Also, I didn't think the transformations could get any more girly but I was so, so wrong:
5UI8yl.jpg

What girly accessories could they sell to young girls give the Precures next? Seems like they've run the gauntlet... unless... unless they all get wands?!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hyouka 01

I for one do not welcome the return of our KyoAni superior Master Race overlords if they are just gonna waste their vast resources on this dull shit.

Jarmel

Banned
Hyouka 1-

Amazing production values but boring as dirt. Main character is obviously smart as hell but everything is dull as fuck.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
They're not really mysteries so much as high schoolers hanging out and wasting time.
That's basically what K-ON! was, the difference being that their time-wasting involved some inoffensive comedy and cute stuff. In Hyouka there is, uh, Chitana being curious? I also don't like this Kyon-clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom