• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuroko no Basket 03
jXT73.gif

I'm liking this show for some reason. The characters are fun, it doesn't look terrible. Maybe I'll pay attention to the story next episode.

Anime has so many awesome gifs, unforgettable moment for Taiga.

Narag

Nyarko-san 3

Per the usual, funny stuff. Amusing to watch Cthugha creep on Nyarko like she does Mahiro and I think SMT was this week's source for cries of pain.

aIWRK.jpg

pGb1L.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hyouka 01:

X75AA.jpg

I need Eru's little hop in this scene gif'd NOW.

dem eyes etc etc. but seriously, I will watch this just for dem eyes.

I can't say that I found the "mystery" engaging, but production qualities are top-notch and I suppose the characters have the potential to become interesting even if they are just your average anime high-school students. Eru might be playing up her literal wide-eyed innocence a bit exaggeratedly and her design borders on blob, but everything is harmless and inoffensive so far. I think that next week will be a better gauge of what the series is going to be like.

cajunator

Banned
Hyouka 01

Oh my. This show is beautiful.

Eru might be the third most [redacted] character this season.

Lovely music and art design. The "mysteries" so far are pretty underwhelming, and not much going on so far but I'm totally aboard for more Eru. She is just plain lovely.

Articalys

(」・ω・)」うー! (/・ω・)/にゃー! 3

This show is great. So many references: the aforementioned gununu and Lupin ones, JJBA, FMA, Kamen Rider, Amagami, and probably several more that I missed.
Praise Asumin.

I would like an explanation of this.

It does a great job at establishing the series and the characters. It's a very difficult task to introduce so many characters in such a short amount of time, but the first episode of Fate/Zero manages to have everyone feeling like characters you've been watching for years in just minutes. You have some great dialogue between all of the characters, and you can already tell that the characters are going to be a lot less black and white than in most other shows.

Risette

A Good Citizen
It does a great job at establishing the series and the characters. It's a very difficult task to introduce so many characters in such a short amount of time, but the first episode of Fate/Zero manages to have everyone feeling like characters you've been watching for years in just minutes. You have some great dialogue between all of the characters, and you can already tell that the characters are going to be a lot less black and white than in most other shows.
This doesn't address any of the problems with the episode, such as the editing/pacing and camerawork.

It's one of the most unpleasant viewing experiences I've had with an anime in a good long while. Ep2 is not very good either. It picks up at ep3 though.

I thought the pacing of the first episode was just fine. It's certainly different, though. It's paced and structured far more like a novel than a TV show. I can see how this could be an unpleasant or unexciting viewing experience for some, but I personally found the methodical pace really enjoyable.

I like it when a story just takes some time to breath and allow the characters and story time to evolve. I can understand the problems some people might have had with the episode, but I loved the way it did things.

Instro

This doesn't address any of the problems with the episode, such as the editing/pacing and camerawork.

It's one of the most unpleasant viewing experiences I've had with an anime in a good long while. Ep2 is not very good either. It picks up at ep3 though.
Well if you liked episode 3 it should be smooth sailing from there on in.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Saki Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A please turnover the tape to hear more on Side-B Episode of Show-3

Wow. Talking about pacing.
We're in the nationals. Bang done.
We're going training against 7 school. Bang done.
We're having a summer camp. Bang done.

Quite refreshing I must say. Also so far it is the OP of the season.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The problem with Nyarlko is that you only get half of the jokes at most if you have read Lovecraft before. The problem is that if you have read Lovecraft before, Nyarlko would infuriate you.

cajunator

Banned
Infinite Stratos 1-12 (FINAL) + OVA

And then… my rankings:
1. Charles (waifu-tier)
1. Ms. Yamada
3. Laura
4. Houki
5. Cecilia
6. Lingyin

#1 is really the only reason IS is any good at all. But she's a god-tier reason indeed.

Up to page 46 and I'm in the middle of all the Hyouka eyes discussion.

Have you guys forgot about Chihaya eyes? =(

Chihaya has gorgeous eyes as well. I have not forgotten. But Eru's eyes are a different level.

I really feel that this deserves to be quoted in full:

Well, he's right in my case. Being single and just working all the time has left me with a ton of disposable income. (and little time to have fun with it). Honestly, I would have time to devote to a relationship in the first place.

Here's the KyoAni commercial that aired during Hyouka. It's animated in a style very much unlike what one typically associates with the studio.

Well, you guys pretty much nailed my reaction to this. that would be a fun world no doubt about it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The problem with Nyarlko is that you only get half of the jokes at most if you have read Lovecraft before. The problem is that if you have read Lovecraft before, Nyarlko would infuriate you.

So if I haven't read Lovecraft I will get all the jokes?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The way you describe it really makes it hard to believe that Fate/Zero is part of the same franchise.

It's basically a reverse-Star Wars Saga.

I'm sure I'll regret asking this, but why is Ilya
still a little girl when Rin and Sakura are teenagers?

That's as good a description as any. In regards to your spoilered question, I don't know. :-/

Here's the KyoAni commercial that aired during Hyouka. It's animated in a style very much unlike what one typically associates with the studio.

All sorts of awesome. :D

Ultimadrago

No thanks. I used to have flimsy plastic glasses that looked like that. Nowadays I go for durable metal ones with a double bridge. Those look pretty hipster actually.

Emmanuel am rejoice, but then again he wouldn't buy anything publicly advertised like that.

The hipster is WEAK in these glasses.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kimi to Boku 4

I thought they were done with the flashbacks, but I guess not. At least they're integrated in a totally different manner this time around:
hlRihl.jpg

Of course, twins need some time alone to find out that they actually need each other! It reminded me of that Ouran episode with the same concept, actually.

Also, just because:
TUN1zl.jpg

:3

And I have nothing to say about this show, but god damn this reference:
2XRn6l.jpg

Risette

A Good Citizen
To be honest, it's hard to tell what he actually looks like with how many different digital effects he has slathered on top of him. You'll love it.
Sounds great.

And by great I mean awful. Is
Berserker that awful looking CG thing that sort of resembles the skeleton from those Golgo 13 shots Jex posted a few days ago with a bunch of digital noise hovering from his presence
near the end of ep1? If so, LOL. Duckroll's got some 'splainin to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom