• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

I do wonder why people take such exception to Nyaruko when you consider that Lovecraft works are satirized to hell and back as it is.

There's no satire. It's just generic anime comedy #597 with characters named after Lovecraft. It's like saying Dragonball is a cooking show because some characters are named after food.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
There's no satire. It's just generic anime comedy #597 with characters named after Lovecraft. It's like saying Dragonball is a cooking show because some characters are named after food.

It's like you haven't even watched a single episode of the show you're vilifying!

Joule

Nyaruko 2+3: That's a good amount of referential humor. I'm just waiting on Nyaruko to do an Yuno/Hidasketch joke. Hell the VA who voices Kuko is Yoshinoya too. I feel like they need to do a gag where Mahiro just rolls with the punches of his magical girlfriend. All fork stabby does get a bit stale. Pretty silly pair of episodes. The auction was hilarious. A BL auction house is all the rage for aliens huh. I also liked how brother Nyaro is a NEET and his outfit is like out of Yugioh or something.

firehawk took the shot I wanted.
x0On9.jpg

Look at all those cuties aiming to buy up Mahiro.

Upotte! 3: Poor Eru. Pitiful moe. Keep working hard. Buy her some juice. This show is fairly amusing with gunuendos and such. There was quite a bit more fanservice this time which is on par for these sorts of Xebec shows. The joke with the swinging shot technique was really funny. The show is certainly the best when it does gags like that. The elementary school part was pretty funny too but mostly because of Eru.
ZOeQk.jpg
xXXDc.jpg

That'll teach those guys! Punnnnn! FNC makes a good pouty face.

Kimi to Boku 2 4: Yeah like firehawk said, a twin centric episode much like the one in the first season but this time they fight over something dumb and make up later. The first half was Yuki's alone time and the second Yuta's. I like how Kaname's place is where Yuki ends up when he doesn't feel like being at home. Which also leads to more gap moe with Kaname's mom. She even does a punnnnnn face. I think the Asaba twins are more fun characters when they get to interact with other people but this sort of character centric episode is fine too. It's been some time since I've seen one about twins.

And of course the most important part of every KtB episode. Cats!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well it's not like ratings really matter for shows like Sankarea.

Ratings doesn't really indictate anything, in the end it all depends on the BR/DVD sales.

Sure, but it's still sad to see it only doing marginally better than Sengoku Collection in the ratings, especially since it was an unlikely candidate to succeed to begin with.

Visored? Is that the correct translation? :T

Apparently so. It was hard for me to give up Vizard, but ultimately it makes more sense.

Branduil

Then at least provide one reason for each of those shows you listed, demonstrating how Nyaruko rips them off. Otherwise, I'm forced to draw my own conclusions.

Urusei Yatsura- doesn't really even need to be stated
Tenshi- lame dude gets a harem of crazy horny space girls
Hayate- references are funnaaaaaaaay

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
God damn it. I kind of want to start watching Upotte now but I really don't need to add another show to my watchlist.
The only episode really worth watching is the first one, which isn't a very big commitment.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Mirai Nikki 2

Bwahaha. Oh, wow. These players don't give a single fuck. Meanwhile, the protagonist is a bipolar imbecile.

And
the diaries display different information, huh? That's pretty interesting. And Yukki needs the crazy girl's diary to know what will happen to him, since he was "always an observer"...

BWAHAHAHA.
The crazy girl clearly doesn't give a single fuck either. So freaking awesome. The exchange of smiles between Fourth and Yukki was funny too, hahaha.

EYE POKE!

Man, this is crazy. Such a blast.

trejo

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 2-3

I have to say that awful first episode did a real disservice to this show. If I'd known how little it mattered I would've just skipped it entirely.

These two are where the real character introductions lie and where the general tone of the story gets established. It's still not something I would recommend to everyone but I'm now interested enough in the mistery behind
Yuuko's death
to keep watching.

Koroviev

Mirai Nikki 2

Bwahaha. Oh, wow. These players don't give a single fuck. Meanwhile, the protagonist is a bipolar imbecile.

And
the diaries display different information, huh? That's pretty interesting. And Yukki needs the crazy girl's diary to know what will happen to him, since he was "always an observer"...

BWAHAHAHA.
The crazy girl clearly doesn't give a single fuck either. So freaking awesome. The exchange of smiles between Fourth and Yukki was funny too, hahaha.

EYE POKE!

Man, this is crazy. Such a blast.
I posted some impressions of Mirai Nikki earlier today and used almost the same still :p

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Urusei Yatsura- doesn't really even need to be stated
Tenshi- lame dude gets a harem of crazy horny space girls
Hayate- references are funnaaaaaaaay

You'll have to do better than that. Because those shows themselves were based on previous stories that shared similar elements, so why not just go to the source and be done with it?

Oh wait, I forgot, now we're using Tvtropes to define our arguments, so http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Parody

Sure, but it's still sad to see it only doing marginally better than Sengoku Collection in the ratings, especially since it was an unlikely candidate to succeed to begin with.

Sankarea is pulling completely standard ratings for the late-night Thursday slot on TBS it airs in, similar to previous shows in that slot like The Idolmaster. There is no reason to expect it to perform better in the ratings - it's not going to have the mainstream appeal that NTV can sometimes tap into with shows like Kaiji.

ZetaEpyon

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 2-3

I have to say that awful first episode did a real disservice to this show. If I'd known how little it mattered I would've just skipped it entirely.

I didn't mind the first episode personally, but episode 3 certainly would have had a LOT more tension if episode 1 did not exist.

trejo

Nyarko is a piece of shit show. If you want to watch it for the moe or "lol cthulu" factor or the sometimes amusing references then go right ahead, it's why I watch it too. Just don't go trying to claim it's actually good or original or anything of the sort. At the end of the day it is just another stupid magical girlfriend show no matter how much you try to spin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom