• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zetman 4

I'm curious how much they condensed into this episode. It felt incredibly rushed, especially the way they handled the time skip. I sometimes feel like I'm seeing the cliff notes instead of watching a coherent story.

survivor

Banned
Chihayafuru 4

High school Chihaya sucks

I'm not that bored by karuta so far but the game is really repetitive. Unlike other sports anime like soccer based ones where there are so many tactics to show in each game, karuta is just the same trick. Only way they can keep the game interesting is if the opponents have strong personality or are unique.

cajunator

Banned
Chihayafuru 4

I'm not that bored by karuta so far but the game is really repetitive. Unlike other sports anime like soccer based ones where there are so many tactics to show in each game, karuta is just the same trick. Only way they can keep the game interesting is if the opponents have strong personality or are unique.

I find Karuta to be pretty interesting, but definitely there's only so much you can do with the game in an anime. I'm afraid the show may drag for you in the latter half.

Ezalc

Chihayafuru 4

Chihayafuru is about the ride man, just enjoy the journey with the characters.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Zetman 4

I'm curious how much they condensed into this episode. It felt incredibly rushed, especially the way they handled the time skip. I sometimes feel like I'm seeing the cliff notes instead of watching a coherent story.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to address that in my previous post. I honestly wouldn't have noticed they had a time skip if the girl didn't spell it out.

duckroll

Nah. Fate Zero is worth its weight in gold.

Indeed.

qD8By.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Chihayafuru is about the ride man, just enjoy the journey with the characters.

It is indeed especially since
its open ended
Its very enjoyable if you are a fan of the game itself, and youll like most if not all of the characters by the end of it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
smh.

i'm really tired so I don't feel like giving a discourse about how Guilty Crown is a failure. I'll just say everything in the show is rather derivative, disappointing and nonsensical in general.

Watch Kids on the Slope asap, it's amazing.
Some people just don't want anime to be saved

cajunator

Banned
So bad.

...and yes, I am very bitter at how well this show performed because of Chihaya's bomba.

Fuck you Otaku's. Fuck uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

xnmng.gif

I agree with you. But it's not like I didn't fully expect this turn of events.
Naturally shows like IS and horizon will obliterate Chihayafuru. Chihaya and Kana are just not waifu material to them.

survivor

Banned
Saki 2

Saki can definitely give Yugi a run for his money. She can get any tile she wants, and he can draw any card he wants. I wonder who will win if they had a duel.

Steroyd

So bad.

...and yes, I am very bitter at how well this show performed because of Chihaya's bomba.

http://i.imgur.com/xnmng.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Once you come to expect otaku shit sells to otaku's you hurts less, numb almost.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What were Chihayafuru viewing figures like? Isn't that the reason Kaiji got another series despite poor sales.

Go_Ly_Dow

I agree with you. But it's not like I didn't fully expect this turn of events.
Naturally shows like IS and horizon will obliterate Chihayafuru. Chihaya and Kana are just not waifu material to them.

I dunno man, both would make pretty good waifu's in a few years time. They demonstrated they were dedicated to what they loved (karuta). Isn't dedication enough for you, Otaku's!?

WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED!

Once you come to expect otaku shit sells to otaku's you hurts less, numb almost.

Normally I don't give a crap, but seeing both sales side by side and for the same time period made me weep.

cajunator

Banned
The only solace is that whatever sells this season deserves it most likely. So much excellent stuff that at least some of it bound to be a hit with Otaku.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The only solace is that whatever sells this season deserves it most likely. So much excellent stuff that at least some of it bound to be a hit with Otaku.

The high number of great shows this season also means a lot of good stuff will sell badly, though.

cajunator

Banned
Sengoku Collection sales will probably enrage people.
So will Apollon and Tsuritama but I fear for a completely different reason.
I do hope Nyaruko-san sells well enough for another season.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Sengoku Collection sales will probably enrage people.
So will Apollon and Tsuritama but I fear for a completely different reason.
I do hope Nyaruko-san sells well enough for another season.

Unfortunately yes. It's time to face the truth. D:

Go_Ly_Dow

The high number of great shows this season also means a lot of good stuff will sell badly, though.

Hyouka bomb = Kyoani emergency plan C (K-On college years or Haruhi S3 next spring!)

Kids on the Slope bomb = confirmation that god doesn't exist

Sankrea bomb = DEEN finally gives up and commits seppuku with no chance of a future revival

Fate/Zero bomb = this wont bomb

Tsuritama bomb = noitamina is still dead

cajunator

Banned
It will be baffling if Tsuritama does bad, it seems to have a nice huge fandom and it actually is a good and quality series.

I REALLY hope Tsuritama does well but it may be too quirky and not enough waifus.

Hyouka bomb = Kyoani emergency plan C (K-On college years or Haruhi S3 next spring!)

Kids on the Slope bomb = confirmation that god doesn't exist

Sankrea bomb = DEEN finally gives up and commits seppuku with no chance of a future revival

Fate/Zero bomb = this wont bomb

Tsuritama bomb = noitamina is still dead

Fate Zero sales are incredible. I wonder how well it sells here in the US.

survivor

Banned
Ginga e Kickoff 1

Not only does this look better than Shit in the Area, but it has better characters, more interesting scenario, and non bullshit soccer (so far)

I had a laugh when the kid kept getting owned by the dog. You have to be really terrible when a dog can dribble better than you. I also don't get why they were amazed at getting owned by a pro player. Anyone who plays soccer and is in high school can totally own them. They are still elementary school kids, they are trash.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
out of curiosity, how close does k-on anime follow the manga, or aka is there enough manga for another season?

There are currently two K-ON spin offs. One follwing the band at college and one follwoing Azusa at school. I don't think there is enough material to animate though.

Cwarrior

Yeah.

Code:
One Piece - 2011/10/09 CX* 09:30-10:00 
世帯  個人  KID  TEN  M1   M2  M3   F1  F2   F3 
10.2 *6.0 13.5 *6.7 *8.6 *8.1 *1.7 [B]*8.0 *9.2[/B] *1.8
世帯 = household average
個人 = all individuals (age 4+)
KID = kids (boys & girls 4-12)
TEN = teens (boys & girls 13-19)
M1 = men 20-34
M2 = men 35-49
M3 = men 50+
F1 = women 20-34
F2 = women 35-49
F3 = women 50+

hmm..am surprised theres so many adult woman that are watching one piece.

Am not even sure why,there aren't any bishounens/superperfect rich husbandos.

I do remember 7th saying some idole woman loveing one piece so much she name her son after the character Ace.

Kagami

So bad.

Haha, I actually came pretty close to buying Horizon. It was my second favorite fall show behind Haganai. But there's a number of things about it I didn't like all that much (character art being the most prominent), and in the end I don't see myself revisiting the first season. Still planning on watching season 2, though.

What if it is Queen's Blade Rebellion?
Now that I will be buying, unless they really screw it up somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom