• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

You need to share all the information you have with me! We can make the OT together!!

:lol It's... it's not like I'm keeping up with this because I'm a fan or anything -_-

Apparently a song in the show will be sung by the 9 AKB members doing VA. According to crazy fanboys in unnamed sites, in addition to "Shoujo-tachi yo", they've also used ”Beginner" and "Kaze ga fuiteiru" as songs in the various PV.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
at the behest of dynasty, I finally finished guilty crown. Man dy, you were right. Great series, so much action, coherent story, and beautiful ending.

AO so far has been moving a pretty nice clip, like the second half of eureka. Its almost too good in terms of pace, there has to be a drop somewhere.

Im too afraid to start Kids on the Slope, I want to wait til I can watch with the gf since I want her to enjoy it as much as I did his other works (she wasn't a huge fan of Champloo, thought it meandered too much).
I was kinda hesitant with Kids on the Slope too. Bebop did it for me because it wasn't really about the music as it was the swag. Music being a big part of that... The first episode bored me to tears as expected, but it kinda brought me to where I needed to be in order to enjoy it for what it was. 2nd ep was pretty snazzy though.

@bolded lololololol

duckroll

:lol It's... it's not like I'm keeping up with this because I'm a fan or anything -_-

Apparently a song in the show will be sung by the 9 AKB members doing VA. According to crazy fanboys in unnamed sites, in addition to "Shoujo-tachi yo", they've also used ”Beginner" and "Kaze ga fuiteiru" as songs in the various PV.

Don't worry, you don't have to be ashamed! You can be my "special adviser" on all AKB48 matters! :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yes, absolutely, it's good! Mahjong, yuri, and more... it's great stuff. Watch Saki first, from the middle of episode 3 on Achiga is a spinoff-sequel to the first Saki anime. As I said in my review there, Achiga covers in about 2 1/2 episodes more ground than Saki covers in 25 -- the goal with Achiga was to get to the followup content quick. Anyway, Saki's on Crunchyroll, who is also airing Achiga; there is, quite sadly, no US DVD release, but at least it's still there.

Well I've enjoyed the three episodes of Achiga so far so it would be interesting to see what happened in those massive time skips that occurred in episode 3.

i meant the one from your avatar *facepalm*

Ah.

Yeah, it's pretty cool. I really like the art. Here's what I posted about that.
One of the things that attracted it to me was the art. It's like after Tezuka decided to copy Disney while adding his own style, Disney decided to copy Tezuka while adding their own style and then some other guy decided to copy that while combining it with Betty Boop. I don't know if that really makes sense, but it's the feel I get and I love it.

And yeah, I'm a huge fan of the characters.

Well I've enjoyed the three episodes of Achiga so far so it would be interesting to see what happened in those massive time skips that occurred in episode 3.

Yeah, except it's about Kiyosumi, of course, not Achiga like this spinoff sequel is. But yeah, if you liked Achiga-hen at all, watch it -- now. Achiga-hen will make a lot more sense once you do. The Achiga team, and others like Senriyama, are new versus the first anime, but Kiyosumi, Ryuumonbuchi, Kazekoshi, and Tsuruga all have some appearances in Achiga (inc. Ryuumonbuchi's scene in ep. 3 and some from Tsuruga in the ED and later in the series), and all that will make more sense if you watch Saki. The same goes for Teru as well, though Achiga-hen expands on her school far beyond the little the first Saki anime covers about her.

Mahjong and yuri.
Such a unique mix of elements.
Yup. :)

Jintor

Man, the one series I actually get the Blu Rays for is the one that under no circumstances can I watch in the living room. (Yamada's First Time or H Yada B Gata or whatever the fuck it's called)

cajunator

Banned
Man, the one series I actually get the Blu Rays for is the one that under no circumstances can I watch in the living room. (Yamada's First Time or H Yada B Gata or whatever the fuck it's called)

This show is brilliant.
You made a great choice.
Shame that its taboo in your living room :(

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Fate/zero 16 - Man the last conversation was kind of cheesy and overwrought but it somehow worked really well for me. Overall - a good episode, not great, but a lot of interesting developments.
;__; @ Lancer

wonzo

Banned
Is Saki okay to watch if I have absolutely no idea how a game of mahjong is actually played? (I've seen all of Akagi and I certainly couldn't work out what the hell was going on in that show outside of it being boring as fuck.)

HeartCatch PreCure! 12

heartcatch12.jpg
heartcatch12a.jpg
heartcatch12b.jpg

Hmmmmm, yeah....

I probably shouldn't read too much into this.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is Saki okay to watch if I have absolutely no idea how a game of mahjong is actually played? (I've seen all of Akagi and I certainly couldn't work out what the hell was going on in that show outside of it being boring as fuck.)
Yeah, I think so. They do over explain things, much like other sports anime, so you might be able to pick it up. But it also has a lot of other things that make it worth watching for the spectacle.

lol this must be the worst Gundam series for it to sell so low. Bandai must be kicking themselves for partnering up with Hino.
Average sales per volume for Gundam series since 2000:
68,735 - Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED Destiny
58,589 - Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED
39,353 - Kidou Senshi Gundam 00
34,601 - Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 S2
*1,999 - Kidou Senshi Gundam AGE (Vols. 1-2) (this third volume sold even less lol)

AGE is really the definition of bomb lol.

cajunator

Banned
*1,999 - Kidou Senshi Gundam AGE (Vols. 1-2) (this third volume sold even less lol)

What did they do differently to fuck this Gundam up so badly?

Jarmel

Banned

friday.gif

Steroyd

B Gata H Kei is the Japanese title.

The full title is B Gata H Kei - Yamada's first time.

The Japaneese title is. B型H系

... I can't believe I'm nitpicking at this, well I could always bitch about the last episode of Ozma or ugly sand pirates as I'd like to call it, which by the way, all I can say is thank fuck it was only 6 episodes, oh look I did it anyway.

duckroll

What makes me even happier is that it's not just the anime BD/DVDs which are super bomba. The entire franchise is a fucking disaster for Level-5 and Bandai in general. The model kits aren't selling, there aren't any good insert songs or OP/EDs, the manga spin-offs and side stories totally tanked, etc. Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING about Gundam AGE is anything close to even a decent success.

Hey Hino-san, karma's a bitch eh? :)

wonzo

Banned
Yeah, I think so. They do over explain things, much like other sports anime, so you might be able to pick it up. But it also has a lot of other things that make it worth watching for the spectacle.
Alright then, I'll keep it in mind when I need my yuri fix. Cheers!

huh... I thought the show was pretty tame even with the sex with 1000 men story.

What did they do differently to fuck this Gundam up so badly?

Well they targeted it so clearly towards to kids that they alienated the series from regular Gundam fans. Not to mention that AGE probably has zero female watchers lol (SEED was pretty popular even amongst the female audience, dat melodrama)

Steroyd

huh... I thought the show was pretty tame even with the sex with 1000 men story.

It is quite tame to people who have seen quite a bit of anime before, however there are times when friend or family can see you watching a fanservice part of an anime, and think you're watching hentai out in the open.

Kagami

cuc

One question: I heard that Gundam AGE is written entirely in the Hino mold. I have never played any of his games, and haven't watched AGE, can someone tell me what does this Hino mold look like?

wonzo

Banned
HeartCatch PreCure! 13

Goddamn, that smackdown by Dark Precure was fucking brutal. It's nice to see them flesh out the plot some more.

This skill is only a requirement because the DS has a resistive screen.
On a capacitive touchscreen like most mobile phones have, you can use your lips directly.

http://i.imgur.com/6rG8Z.jpg
why

One question: I heard that Gundam AGE is written entirely in the Hino mold. I have never played any of his games, and haven't watched AGE, can someone tell me what does this Hino mold look like?
a pile of shit if everything i've read about AGE's to go by

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Those numbers are kind of shocking. Damn, Hino.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
And Gundam Unicorn cancels the failure for AGE.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=426833

That's also kind of shocking.

Bandai has been aware of the unpopularity of Gundam AGE among kids and have tried to identify the reason by conducting a questionnaire. What they found from the survey was that kids today are unfamiliar with wars and space colonies.

They're unfamiliar with wars and space colonies because the Gundam show they have available sucks balls, Bandai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom