• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostbyte

We need to clear out the thread before the true King of Spring comes, AKB0048!

Seems doable.

ibpzG2JY4eKP3F.gif

I wholeheartedly approve, sir. Both the position and the gif.

Tokubetsu

So is Zetman anime worth a watch? It looks high budget, but everyone saying shit will be rushed is turning me off a bit.

Should I just read the manga?

It's good. The manga could get really boring/could use some tightening up...maybe not to this degree but the anime is still very enjoyable if you like action shows.

Zetman is ok, but even as someone completely ignorant of the manga, it feels so incredibly rushed, like everything is being trimmed to the bare essentially because they need to get to the next event. It can be jarring and things are not given enough time to breath.

wonzo

Banned

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, Jormungand is just so silly. Her name is Koko and she is loco indeed. The soundtrack probably makes the show better than it actually is... that, and Koko herself I suppose.

zeroshiki

We just need to trip one of the AnimeGaf flags.

Like...

- Angel Beats sux
- K-On is the best anime of the past 5 years.
- List wars!
- School Days is the true voice of our generation
- etc etc

firehawk12

Subete no aware
We just need to trip one of the AnimeGaf flags.

Like...

- Angel Beats sux
- K-On is the best anime of the past 5 years.
- List wars!
- School Days is the true voice of our generation
- etc etc

Dude, Strike Witches is the voice of our generation. Cowie would be sad.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos

Strange movie. Tone sort of shifted from serious drama to more action/shounen-like towards the end. Dunno what to think. Certain twists towards the end were sort of poorly handled and sudden. Funimation's dub is kinda bad, I think it was ready like a year ago soon after the movie was released and was shown in select events, but I can't remember clearly. Perhaps it was rushed.

One thing that did stand out was the animation -- really good. The action scenes had a really awesome loose (especially with
the wolf chimera zipping and zooming
)and sketchy feel to them that looks great but is also what certain morons people within the anime watching communities like to call bad animation. But they're not worth listening to. Worth watching for dat Kameda alone.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Jormungand 03
Huh. Interesting episode. Definitely picking up on Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon vibes, but the holes in reality probably hurt this show more than those. Like, there's a police presence but it's super diminished for what is essentially Dubai I'm guessing. I liked the two assassins, even if shark teeth the one guy gets bug the heck out of me. That's the weird thing with this show. Sometimes it's grounded in reality and plays by more serious rules, other times it plays things a little too loose. I think a stronger director would've been able to layer a more consistent feel to the series so far.
Like before, any scene where Koko's posse is shown just feels awkward. Just this large bunch of dudes who don't really serve a purpose. The ones that do get screen time shine well enough that I feel a more limited cast would have greatly benefited the show. Other thing that bugged me was the relative calm and unevenness of the gunfight. Lots of people standing casually in the enemy's line of sight with no repercussion when the characters have no trouble shooting targets hundreds of feet away. Still, I like where this series is going if this is what is has to offer as an overall package.

wonzo

Banned

Articalys

Jormungand 03

Huh. Interesting episode. Definitely picking up on Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon vibes, but the holes in reality probably hurt this show more than those. Like, there's a police presence but it's super diminished for what is essentially Dubai I'm guessing. I liked the two assassins, even if shark teeth the one guy gets bug the heck out of me. That's the weird thing with this show. Sometimes it's grounded in reality and plays by more serious rules, other times it plays things a little too loose. I think a stronger director would've been able to layer a more consistent feel to the series so far.

Like before, any scene where Koko's posse is shown just feels awkward. Just this large bunch of dudes who don't really serve a purpose. The ones that do get screen time shine well enough that I feel a more limited cast would have greatly benefited the show. Other thing that bugged me was the relative calm and unevenness of the gunfight. Lots of people standing casually in the enemy's line of sight with no repercussion when the characters have no trouble shooting targets hundreds of feet away. Still, I like where this series is going if this is what is has to offer as an overall package.
Yeah, it was enjoyable enough, but the action scenes felt off for some reason.

Jormungand 3

I enjoyed this ep but I can't say I'm rather fond of how the action scenes are directed as it feels there's no sense of weight or tension to them.
Ah, there we go, that's what I was trying to say.

sonicmj1

Well, I somehow have nothing new left to watch. I guess I could continue Utena, but I don't want another goddamn comedy episode I'm waiting for my friend to catch up so we can discuss the last episode. And I've forgotten about Level E completely.

Ano Natsu ho!

Ano Natsu de Matteru 4

I guess we now know how she followed Kaito. But we still don't know how she's so current on the curriculum...

PxdPs.jpg

Film grain for flashbacks, saturation for fantasies, and puppets for hypotheticals. The varied styles make that stuff even more entertaining than it would otherwise be.

Well, the meat of the "drama" in this episode was the most contrived misunderstanding this show has thrown so far, but I still like this cast a lot. Remon hit just the right level of trollishness mixed with helpfulness here.

HOyrm.jpg

Hey, wasn't this the scene with that really tasteless panty-shot? I liked that movie, but the sequels went a little to over-the-top for their own good.

You don't see actual clips from other shows that often in anime.

Kaito is doing his best to delay the inevitable, but the voiceover at the end of the episode tells us all we need to know about how things end up.

wonzo

Banned
strawberry13.jpg

yeah, i can't think of a better to time talk about global warming than when trying to sexually assault someone

I'm tempted to create one but I suspect somebody will delete the entry within 30 seconds of creation. Fucking Wikipedia hates fun.
Couldn't you start your own wikia?

Lain

Phi Brain 24

For an episode revolving around Kaito and his girlfriend having a date, it was nice, especially as there is now the final showdown.

Lain

Phi Brain 25

Kaito
managed to save the day and save his girlfriend too, though it was expected.
I guess the OP will now change? I'm gonna miss it.

Articalys

Phi Brain 25

Kaito
managed to save the day and save his girlfriend too, though it was expected.
I guess the OP will now change? I'm gonna miss it.
There's not much to miss; Now or Never is vastly superior to Brain Diver in nearly every way.

cajunator

Banned
Oh god. After a night like that at work I'm totally blowing my extra days pay on more animu.
I fucking earned that shit. I'm going to enjoy it to the fullest.

wonzo

Banned
:< that's evil, man. I don't have much time nowadays ;_; but I really want to know how Strawberry Panic can connect disparate topics like yuri and global warming...

you're so evil :<
it's something that needs to be seen

Oh god. After a night like that at work I'm totally blowing my extra days pay on more animu.
I fucking earned that shit. I'm going to enjoy it to the fullest.
dont forget about glass fleet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom