• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostbyte

Meh, not really. Talented people make good art that lasts forever.

True. I'd say your statement holds true more in movies than TV series though. It's just that when I think of 50+ episode TV series, I don't expect consistent, competent animation due to budget limitations. Sorry if my statements rubbed on the wrong sides of people.

Risette

A Good Citizen
True. I'd say your statement holds true more in movies than TV series though. It's just that when I think of 50+ episode TV series, I don't expect consistent, competent animation due to budget limitations. Sorry if my statements rubbed on the wrong sides of people.
Art through adversity. More restraints makes them more creative!

Jex

So come on guys, admit it, who has purchased some of this sweet Yami swag:

_rear1.jpg

frostbyte

That's exactly what I mean though. Amazing episodes.

Indeed. I actually half expected Kare Kano style episodes of dolls when I watched Evangelion because of the stories of their infamous budget planning. Instead, I got some stunningly analytical episodes through the individual dream sequences.

I need to rewatch it again someday soon. What's animeGAF's stance on Evangelion?

Jex

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito 01

This is just my Moonlight Lady background talking, but I am finding it very hard to restrain myself from masturbating at these character designs WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THE SHAKY CAM STOP THAT SHIT ALREADY

why doesn't she question this chocobo thing? why does she so easily accept the fact than blondie just straight up vanished into thin air? what does the russian mafia have to do with any of this? where are they going? the fuck does any of this have to do with the yuriez?

So many questions, not enough shits given. I'm gonna go watch Moonlight Lady instead.

I think it's important to remember that Yami is not about answering your questions. It's about making the audience wait for sequences that will contain this kind of material:

yamiclass.jpg

Also, fun fact for those familiar with all of Yami (you poor fools...), the absolutely awful monster that you witness in Quile's episode was not, in fact, just an animation error on the part of studio DEEN. It was designed too look like that -

YamiMonsterDesign.jpg

Did a three year old come up with this design?

Steroyd

Moe Space Pirates - 15

Maintaining it's enjoyability, lol at the crew rushing to do the manuals.

Ugly Sand Pirates - 05

I had all week to prepare my shocked face, wait for it...

wait for it...

wait for it...

:O

Jex

[Mysterious Girlfriend X - 2]

It seems like dating Urabae is a lot of hard work but, then again, so is dating any girl with magical saliva.

This episode was up to the standards of the last one, which means that it's pretty good, although I still dislike the art (personal preference). So far it looks like this show will just be tackling high-school romance material from a really bizarre perspective - and there's nothing wrong with that.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka of the dead 2

CrYih.jpg

(I think this was posted, but I'm posting it again)

I still find it hilarious that NO ONE questions the transforming magic, the superhuman abilities and the giant ass squid. These people just don't give a shit.

Jarmel

Banned
Eureka Seven 1

This was a better introductory episode than E7 AO's ep 1. I didn't feel as lost as I did in AO and most of the phrases/terms like LFO were understandable via context.
Animation is pretty good to be holding up even today. I liked the music direction better in AO but this isn't bad either.

It's going to be interesting comparing how E7 and AO are going to be like. I don't mind spoilers if the two series are just tangentially related.

I've rewatched the first three episodes to see if my nostalgia glasses were still in and the episodes still hold pretty well. The directing I thought was pretty good and the animation is still fairly impressive as you said. I do agree the music in AO so far sounds better but I'm not sure how long that'll last. My worries about the music though have really been put to rest.

The animation I would say isn't really consistent though. It has its ups and downs with the ups being insanely high.

I'm hyped for the OP. I have high expectations for BONES OPs.

Mine is rock bottom. That song for the OP looks absolutely horrid. It's one of the worst I've seen from Bones. That said, they are very good at cutting and editing songs so it matches the OP fairly well. I don't like Golden Time Lover as a whole but they edited it so it worked really well as an OP. I still expect it to suck pretty bad though.

The worst part about E7 AO so far is the ending isn't as good as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSEdM4h-11k

It's much better than what I was expecting going off of Duckroll's preview. I also agree Canvas was the worst ED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom