• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euphonium 8

It's no coincidence that all the undertones came when they started climbing mountains. That hobby is a gateway to the garden I tells ya!

Really weird niche but I think I have a thing for the type of chat the girls had on their way up and at the top. It kind of reminded me of monogatari dialogue without the slapstick, wordplay, or long-windedness. Okay, maybe they're nothing alike but it scratched the same itch in my brain.

Also does anyone know what piece they played at the end? I didn't think it was particularly amazing but I can't help but be curious.

Zephyx

Still though if the anime for Prison School is just 12/13 episodes then that means it won't get to the really great parts. I mean honestly the beginning of the series was decent not that great until later on so.

So hope for the best this is 2cours.

Anko

Euphonium 8
I hope the rest of the series develops the relationship between Kumiko and Reina even more. As much as I like seeing Kumiko panic over her slips of the tongue, I would like to see Kumiko be able to not give a shit about that around Reina.

It's a confession of love
All that yuri teasing. Why do you do this to me all the time, KyoAni. They're so good at the yuri tease that I really want them to make an actual yuri series one day. They just need that one extra step beyond what they already have. But since they probably won't...

I think I'm just gonna pretend this is a yuri series.
X6sJqI0.jpg
That look of relief when Kumiko says she's not concerned about Tsukamoto.

I don't see how Kumiko can not fall for Reina here. Or at least be charmed.
Which she did I guess:
At that moment, I felt like I wouldn't mind losing my life.
She would probably follow that yuki-onna anywhere.

Go away, Tsukamoto, Tuba-san. They already have enough support to build a yuri tower.

Cornbread78

I don't think you'll find another romance anime like Golden Time soon. It was one of the best recent romance stories around
except for the ghost part, that sucks
. Although the ending was a bit forced, it still had a feel good outlook when it ended so it was fun. I may have the same taste as you do when it comes to romance stories so I'll also be checking out what they recced you.

For reference, here are some of what I've enjoyed recently:

Amagami SS and SS+ -> anime adapting a VN that follows an omnibus format. SS has the courting sequence while SS+ explores the relationship. The main character is a bit perverted though and I don't like his attitude but I still enjoyed it for what it is.

Sukitte Il na Yo -> shoujo anime that explores an introvert female being in a relationship with someone outgoing. Not that bad in terms of progression and the ending leaves a bit to be desired but the character development of the female MC was presented nicely.

I think I'll add more later if something else comes to mind.

Good deal, thank you!

Cornbread, I have a few suggestions for you as well. None of them that would be considered "great", but all enjoyable for various reasons.

Natsu no Arashi! - Two seasons, animated by Shaft, based on a manga from the author of School Rumble. Boy meets ghost girl at cafe, time travel and weird things happen.

11eyes - Based on a VN. Heavily truncated version of the main story, but it's a fun concept with a creepy parallel world, some light romance and superpowers.

Koihime Musou (Season 2, Season 3) - Based on a VN, but it cut out the player character entirely to focus on the girls in the best way possible. Cute girl version of China's Three Kingdoms period. Large cast, some lewd humor and an overall fun atmosphere.

Sweet, thank you for these recs. More to add I guess, lol

Euphonium - 08

bretty gud. I liked that they didn't drag out on Katou's doki doki. Kumiko and Kousakas little mountain climb was great. I also loved how Kousaka didn't even say anything during the whole scene when Kumiko "picked" her for the festival.
Another thing that I really liked was when they played over the credits with shots of the festival. And let us not forget the swooshing dress!

8lQ5aGR.gif

Defuser

Hibike! Euphonium ep 8
Hey KyoAni... I'll watch a yuri show by you guys you hear me? I don't care whether it would be bad or good just give me scenes like Kousaka and Kumiko.

Cornbread78

Art in the manga is incredibly detailed and has shadows absolutely everywhere. They probably decided to go with the style to make it stand out?

The manga art is seriously God tier, it's phenomenal. The anime art is pretty much crap compared to it because of how beautiful the art in the manga is. But yeah the animation looks like some comic book style animation, kinda weird.

Ok, so I'm not the only one, weird choice, but if it's a must see...lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The manga art is seriously God tier, it's phenomenal. The anime art is pretty much crap compared to it because of how beautiful the art in the manga is. But yeah the animation looks like some comic book style animation, kinda weird.

It is Tokyo Ghoul all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom