• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plastic Memories 12
Seriously guys, I can't. This week's episode made my heart hurt, and I'm not even one to get emotional over stuff like this. I don't know, I feel like next week I'm gonna lose it. Please give me a "shitty ending" and let her live. I'll fucking take it. POWER OF LOVE DO YOUR THING.

cj_iwakura

UBW 24

It's a pet peeve of mine when anime finales don't leave enough time for denouements...but a whole episode (plus a couple minutes from the end of this one) may be going too far in the other direction.

It'll be worth it. UBW's epilogue is wonderful.

cj_iwakura

Is the Super Robot Wars OG show on CR an OAV? It has no introduction whatsoever, just bam, Excellen and Kyosuke wrecking faces.

The show is background material fodder(which is what I'm using it for), but damn the OP/ED are good old fashioned hot-blooded hype music.

Thoraxes

Were there a lot more Abe cuts in UBW 24 lol

I haven't touched this rendition of the series at all, but I totally recognized his stuff from the gifs and webms posted.

UBW 24
Holy cow what a journey. To those who critique this show to hell and back let me tell you this, my opinion is my own and I thought it was excellent. And this episode? Good lord, Ufotable went all out on this one. Non-stop action with crazy visuals, this was quite the send off...

HUq6HM2l.jpg

So epilogue next week??

Michiko and Hatchan 01

Okay so I watched the first few episode years ago, liked it but never finished it. So I'm just gonna watch the dub on Toonami, which is pretty good.

First episode is all just building up the shittiness of the family so it's cathartic when Michiko blows them the fuck out. The build up kinda get silly up to a point, then they pull out a heating iron to put on Hana which is fucked. The setting being Mexico is cool.

Saudades

From up on Poppy HillThe biggest problem for this film is that it's naturally going to be compared to other Ghibli works, but it sort of can't be. It's trying for something much smaller and in some ways more personal than those films. It accomplishes that in spectacular fashion, though.

I think the
fake incest
storyline turned a lot of people off, but outside of one really odd scene that aspect didn't bother me at all.

I think Goro Miyazaki is what turned people off despite him delivering something reasonably solid.

I think I was turned off by the
fake incest
more than Goro, considering Earthsea is the only Ghibli film I haven't seen (and not planning to, given its bad rep). That storyline distracted from the clubhouse storyline, which was heluva lot more interesting.

I don't think it's that unfair to compare this film with other Ghibli films or anything - the majority of the Ghibli films I really like have smaller, personal story - Only Yesterday, Whisper of the Heart, Kaguya,

Narag

Is the Super Robot Wars OG show on CR an OAV? It has no introduction whatsoever, just bam, Excellen and Kyosuke wrecking faces.

The show is background material fodder(which is what I'm using it for), but damn the OP/ED are good old fashioned hot-blooded hype music.

If it's the 3 ep one, yeah it's an OVA.

Crocodile

Michiko and Hatchan 01

Okay so I watched the first few episode years ago, liked it but never finished it. So I'm just gonna watch the dub on Toonami, which is pretty good.

First episode is all just building up the shittiness of the family so it's cathartic when Michiko blows them the fuck out. The build up kinda get silly up to a point, then they pull out a heating iron to put on Hana which is fucked. The setting being Mexico is cool.

I'm pretty sure the show takes place in "Brazil"

TUSR

Banned
Fate/stay night Episode 24 – Unlimited Blade Works

Dear lordy the ending sequence of the Gilg and Shirou fight

cajunator

Banned
I don't follow ( yet ) danmachi in book form. I plan to when the anime ends.
SO soory i don't know this info yet.

Yep , the relationship between the 2 leads , with differents goals but with needs make the show much more enjoyable. And the economic stuff add variety. Years after release , it's still fresh. Loving it.

So you missed all the hints to anime gave you on that outcome ?
But yeah i' agree with you , that end was , 100 % pulled out of nowhere.

I hope that the last part get released in english soon.

No ice witch , no bento

ice wiiiiiiiitch.
she is love. She is life.

I was actually talking about the art and digital photography.

What are you guys talking about?

The art and beauty of lilies.

Cornbread78

Plastic Memories sounding more and more like a KEY show.

Have you watched it yet? If not, just wait and watch it next week straight through. It's very good. The big difference is that there is no hidden supernatural force at work here. (We could only prat and hope for that) The outcome is laid out very early. This one is about the journey. The final episode is next week, which we ar all dreading since Isla is a damn good character and the feels are strong here..

UBW 24
I quite like how they chose to explain
why Shirou had a fair chance against Gilgamesh. It was simple, yet solid reasoning. And boy, did he get mauled at the end. Gat dam.
Naruto 416
I quite like Kakashi episodes, even if there was a lot of Obito in it. And I'm always down to see Minato wreck people.

Link Man

Banned
Have you watched it yet? If not, just wait and watch it next week straight through. It's very good. The big difference is that there is no hidden supernatural force at work here. (We could only prat and hope for that) The outcome is laid out very early. This one is about the journey. The final episode is next week, which we ar all dreading since Isla is a damn good character and the feels are strong here..

Dropped it like 4 episodes in, couldn't stand the humor. Or the forced melodrama of everyone refusing to say anything to MC about his partner's condition.

cajunator

Banned
NO game no life Specials

This is actually lewder than Dxd specials lol.

BUt those jojo references ..i want more..the jab at the "key" franchises ( clannad / kanon) was masterfull.

Do these come with the collector edition? Im not sure.

Charlotte new key visuals

Ep1 preview: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2uq8ga

Will watch this

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
pleasebetruepleasebetrue

Cornbread78

Dropped it like 4 episodes in, couldn't stand the humor. Or the forced melodrama of everyone refusing to say anything to MC about his partner's condition.

They made v that 1 funny episode when Tsukasa moved in with Isla, but things happen and the show stops trying to be a comedy..

qbdaOae.jpg

This episode is too emotional. I just know the finale is going to wreck me. Tsukasa and Isla are just too cute together. I really don't want to see what has to happen. :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
fate stay/night ubw 24
this is probably the best episode of fate anything. really impressed with the layouts/composition/storyboarding in particular. just super clean and to the point with a surprising amount of imagery that actually felt iconic in the moment. it was incredibly refreshing after having to sit through davidpro's hideous monstrosity of a finale that fanboys got worked up over in spite of the complete lack of quality control.

Grzi

DanMachi - 12

So it finally happened...
The last third of this episode looked pretty bad, I guess they ran out of time. So far, there were like five off model frames in the entire show, so this really came as a surprise. Oh well, I'm sure next week's episode will have some amazing fight sequences, hopefully one to rival this week's UBW.

DanMachi is still a much better show.

wonzo

Banned
JoJo '93 1-3

jojo933.jpg

Everything about this so far feels far more distinct and engaging than the TV series did but the D'Arby Gambling episode was something else entirely. The lack of tension breaking narration combined with playing everything straight made all the difference with this, to the point it actually makes me mad how much they fucked it up in the TV run. Astounding.

Looking forward to seeing the Iso cuts in context!

UBW 24
Not a fan of this episode tbh. Most of the dialogue was Shirou just explaining why he can fight a servant 1v1 and how that totally doesn't break the rules of the show which just leaves you looking at the stuff they didn't explain more closely to find holes. You can talk smack about Gil "not having mastered one sword" but when he is getting out-skilled and disarmed in a basic 1v1 sword fight by some random kid it definitely leaves you with a feeling that things are being pulled out of arses. The action was OK but due to the poor dialogue I was finding it very hard to gain any significance or meaning from the battle. It felt as if they were simply fighting to waste time. And then deus ex machina to save Shirou in the end.

Wasn't really a fan of UBW from the beginning so that probably clouded my thoughts but as a final battle it definitely lacked a sense of it being a showdown of the real against the fake that it was supposed to be billed as but felt more like a perfunctory exercise of bending the rules enough to let the main character win.

phaze

Giant Robo 7
Giant Robo 5
And judging by this episode,
Vogler's wish might not have been to destroy everything in the pursuit of revenge but to stop Shizuma drives as they probably have some inherent, world ending flaw built into them. But of couse he couldn't have spelled it out for his son cause reasons.
Called it !

Huh, no quite sure how I feel about this one. On one hand, it's a massive improvement from the preceding episodes. Despite or maybe because of the massive amounts of cheese at display, it was one of the most "hype" finishes to a story ever. Pretty much 30 minutes of unrelenting action, heroic sacrifices, character and plot resolutions. On the other, the predictable as well as nonsensical plot twist results in a story that completely relies on a pointless and idiotic misunderstanding to get its gears moving. Additionally, the whole civil war in the Big Fire organisation subplot, on which they spent like half of the previous episode is pretty much rendered pointless and exists here only as the tease for the continuation of the story (does that even exist) and a put down to the whole Vogler conundrum, which they dismiss as only the prologue to their great plan.

Strong beginning and ending, nonsensical plot, pretty visuals and great music. It was alright but it didn't exactly blew my socks off.

Daisaku's father should be sued for the most user unfriendly mecha design ever. Seriously a ladder for a pilot to keep hanging on to your robot ? Should have build a normal cockpit you jerk.

Michiko and Hatchan 01

The anime takes place in "Brazil", as you can see on the official site, the first episode is based on the northeast part.
But the thing that I really liked about this anime was the faithfulness to "Brazil", the backgrounds, the money, some stories and the music, the music direction is awesome, back when I watched it I said I had to stop sometimes because I didn't know if the music was coming from the anime or some neighbor listening to music.
Enjoy it.

Michiko & Hatchin dub 1

Really good set up for what should be a very entertaining adventure. Watching Hana snap near the end and beat the snot out of the little girl was so satisfying. Dub was excellent and the animation was really pretty with great gun play. This felt like a Toonami show in all the right ways can't wait to see more.

All I know is that I'm super excited for Ufotable's God Eater. I'm sure that every episode won't have the same amount of quality as this last UBW one, but as a fan of the series I can't wait to see what they do with it.

Does anyone know if it'll be a 1 or 2-cour?

All I know is that I'm super excited for Ufotable's God Eater. I'm sure that every episode won't have the same amount of quality as this last UBW one, but as a fan of the series I can't wait to see what they do with it.

Does anyone know if it'll be a 1 or 2-cour?

I'd hedge my bets and go 1-cour. Bandai Visual tends not to produce a lot of 2-cour series, so I'd assume 1-cour or possibly split rather than a straight 2-cour production.

cj_iwakura

UBW 24
Not a fan of this episode tbh. Most of the dialogue was Shirou just explaining why he can fight a servant 1v1 and how that totally doesn't break the rules of the show which just leaves you looking at the stuff they didn't explain more closely to find holes. You can talk smack about Gil "not having mastered one sword" but when he is getting out-skilled and disarmed in a basic 1v1 sword fight by some random kid it definitely leaves you with a feeling that things are being pulled out of arses. The action was OK but due to the poor dialogue I was finding it very hard to gain any significance or meaning from the battle. It felt as if they were simply fighting to waste time. And then deus ex machina to save Shirou in the end.

Wasn't really a fan of UBW from the beginning so that probably clouded my thoughts but as a final battle it definitely lacked a sense of it being a showdown of the real against the fake that it was supposed to be billed as but felt more like a perfunctory exercise of bending the rules enough to let the main character win.

Shirou's been training in kendo for ten years. Gil doesn't know jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom