• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Why did it take you this long to start this?
ALso I dont think your dream will happen, but this show does a great job stringing us along.

I keep getting sidetracked by other things! Like I'd pop in here randomly with the intent of staying, and sure enough something else comes up to take away both my time and focus. -3-

cajunator

Banned
This weeks Blu-ray and DVD releases in the US for 06/23/15.
Blu-ray

DVD

ALSO Reminder: Both Spirited Away and The Cat Returns released last Tuesday:
Blu-ray

*Apparently a lot of Discotek releases had a placeholder for the 23rd like Robot Carnival but I can't find any info on when they're actually coming out so I'll see if I can find out more.

Spirited Away and Cat Return blurays are MINE.
Particularly I can imagine the Spirited Away bluray is gonna look GORGEOUS with that vivid artwork.

F/SN UBW 22

That has to be the most round about way of showing two characters have sex in any anime I've ever seen

Have you seen the movie Mindgame? Thats easily the most artistic depiction of sex ever seen in anime.

You and me both.

I know it took awhile, but it's happening!

Comiket don't fail me now!

=====================================

Sound Euphonium - 05

This show is so good. Absolutely loved the song they were playing when they were marching. All I need is for that childhood friend guy to go away forever and I'll be set.

Im enjoying your reactions, but I can see the trainwreck post coming already.

Well, this is going to be a beautiful disaster. Also, hope you been keeping up with Mikagura.

Yeah...we've seen how this ends when the garden is disturbed.

cajunator

Banned
Don't give me that terrible foreboding vibe! T_T

I was on episode 5 or 6 of Mikagura when I was watching it last. I'll get caught up on that too after this.

==========================

Sound Euphonium - 06

No! NO! NOOOOOO! Don't tell me that
Hazuki is going to fall for that loser?!! KyoAni you fucks you had one job!!

aaaaand here it comes.
Episode 8 will blow your mind though. You might squee.

So, this season is slowly drawing to a close. I can only hope next season will provide us with better anime, and perhaps better posts. You never know.

In the meantime, I may catch up with Euphonium. I only have interest in watching that after it has aired, not week to week.

Honestly I havent even finished stuff from last season. Im way behind on so many things!

Arslan Senki - 12

Narsus and daryuun are such cheat codes , lol

And goddamn this animation ..THIS ANIMATION!

This show is so good.

This show is so good.

It's everything i could have hoped
Every episode i'm getting some suikoden or fire emblem vibes. All the characters are excellent and ...
Oh so good.

The way politics affect the story at ecbatana are excellent ... too bad they stopped the damage after 1 month

Wait, you've got it wrong.. the UBW movie actually cut things and compressed events in order for it to be a movie.
This season is the full route of the game

Ah I see. Its kind of weird that the original FSN series route will be made into a movie and UBW movie was remade into a series. Having seen UBW I kind of wonder how it does translate to a full series so Im excited to watch it. However Im not going for Aniplex's 330$ per boxset pricing again. I bought Fate Zero and thats fuckin enough!

Shaking my head at all this Shuuichi hate. He's a nice guy in general and has a great dynamic with Kumiko, what's not to love? I ship it.

javac

A bit old, but apparently Nippon TV are having internal discussions regarding a western release of the 2011 Hunter X Hunter: fandompost.com

D4qOi2z.png

Spirited Away and Cat Return blurays are MINE.
Particularly I can imagine the Spirited Away bluray is gonna look GORGEOUS with that vivid artwork.
It does, I have the UK Blu-ray. Have fun :)

Don't know whether to be scared or excited.

You should definitely be excited.

Shaking my head at all this Shuuichi hate. He's a nice guy in general and has a great dynamic with Kumiko, what's not to love? I ship it.

It's less of a fact that he's a nice guy and has a great dynamic and more of a fact that he is a guy and has a dynamic.

A bit old, but apparently Nippon TV are having internal discussions regarding a western release of the 2011 Hunter X Hunter: fandompost.com

Say WHAAAAAAT? =D

#HunterXHunterforToonami

Dennis

Banned
Watched the first episode of Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works.

Feels a bit different.....than Fate/Zero but I will watch some more.

Yamada and the 7 Witches 11
Good episode leading up to the final climax and Odagiri finally gets her chance to properly shine. It's still going at the plot in a rush, but it is still pretty enjoyable

dan2026

Watched the first episode of Fate Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works.

Feels a bit different.....than Fate/Zero but I will watch some more.

Prepare for shit and more shit.
Then to drop it while thinking 'what the fuck am I watching?'.
At least that was me.....

I also enjoyed Fate/Zero.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Patlabor 1-20

This is actually a re-watch after 18 years, how time flies. It is a good thing I forgot about majority of the plots, the show is as good as I remember, I think Noa is the reason I love character with short red hair so much.

Watching it as a adult I can finally see why the public consider the department a "waste of money ". They just sit around like 98% of time waiting for emergency. There are so much free time they actually got assign with a lot of volunteer works. One of the pilot is a trigger happy lunatic with a huge cannon.

The world of Patlabor is definitely a lot darker than I remember, DNA experiment, military that rather risk civilian life than getting discover, corruption, terrorist, government cover up. You don't see that kind of stuff watching as a 10 years old.

For a crime fighting robot show, it sure get very political.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sound Euphonism - 08

MTZOaLx.png
FlCEeVR.png

9mBWhvU.png
KbFYC4z.png

My god that sexual tension! FUUUUUUUUUU-

This is the episode I have been waiting for! All those sideway glances, those unfulfilled moments where something could've happened.. it all lead to this moment! And the fact that Hazuki
got shot down by Kumiko's loser childhood friend is icing on the cake. Garden protected!

YURI LEVELS AT CRITICAL! MY HAARTO! RIP

cajunator

Banned
Sound Euphonism - 08

This is the episode I have been waiting for! All those sideway glances, those unfulfilled moments where something could've happened.. it all lead to this moment! And the fact that Hazuki
got shot down by Kumiko's loser childhood friend is icing on the cake. Garden protected!

aaaaaaand there it is!

There's more to come!

I only watched episode 1 honestly.
Looks like its worth my time to marathon the whole thing now.
Im interested how they took a story that was able to be made into a movie and stretched it to series length. I also wonder if I can handle that much Shirou shit in a series again.
Ill do it for Rin and Saber.
YESS! Put everyone's negative outlook on it aside and judge it on your own. I loved it lol. Also this being a Ufotable Anime it is very pretty to look at

cajunator

Banned
YESS! Put everyone's negative outlook on it aside and judge it on your own. I loved it lol. Also this being a Ufotable Anime it is very pretty to look at

Well I actually liked Fate Stay Night when it was airing way back when although I always hated Shirou. Im willing to watch it with an open mind.

Well I actually liked Fate Stay Night when it was airing way back when although I always hated Shirou. Im willing to watch it with an open mind.
Not gonna say his personality isn't weird. But it works, and in the end you get a satisfactory conclusion to the whole thing. Well there's still the epilogue, and that's going to be the cherry on top of cake.

By no means is UBW my AOTS, but it ranks up there with the shows that I looked forward to watching every week. God Eater next!

PK Gaming

Speaking of bait, here's an interview with the mangaka for Sound! Euphonium where he talks about things like feeling baited about drawing the manga with teases of KyoAni animating it, the difficulties of character designs/actions, and of course, yuri.

(Yes, I chose to be liberal because I'm pissed at the constant "KyoAni's yuribaiting!")

That was a good read, thanks for translating it.

cajunator

Banned
Not gonna say his personality isn't weird. But it works, and in the end you get a satisfactory conclusion to the whole thing. Well there's still the epilogue, and that's going to be the cherry on top of cake.

By no means is UBW my AOTS, but it ranks up there with the shows that I looked forward to watching every week. God Eater next!

Like I said Im willing to watch it without pretenses. Fundamentally Fate is a fun premise and Fate Zero pulled it off beautifully. FSN had some great moments, which Ufotable will doubtless improve upon.

so, animeGaf what do you pick?
ponytail Kumiko or fuwa hair Kumiko?

As someone who read the novels and has seen the different iterations of her design.... the anime style with the short ponytail is my favorite. She's obviously trying something different to brighten her life and to feel something new. It's great for the story.

ibyea

Banned
Speaking of bait, here's an interview with the mangaka for Sound! Euphonium where he talks about things like feeling baited about drawing the manga with teases of KyoAni animating it, the difficulties of character designs/actions, and of course, yuri.

(Yes, I chose to be liberal because I'm pissed at the constant "KyoAni's yuribaiting!")

Nice interview.

NeoForte

That was a pretty good interview. Thanks for translating it! Be nice if the manga was released here in English. I'd buy it.

cajunator

Banned
Cute place for Reina to take Kumiko on their first date

a nice hangout spot for JUST FRIENDS

As someone who read the novels and has seen the different iterations of her design.... the anime style with the short ponytail is my favorite. She's obviously trying something different to brighten her life and to feel something new. It's great for the story.

Her ponytail is pretty damned amazing.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
UBW 24

5 minutes of unbelievable hype. I still can't believe they made this epic and completely botched the Archer vs Shirou fight. Meh.

That was a pretty good interview. Thanks for translating it! Be nice if the manga was released here in English. I'd buy it.

I've sent a request to Vertical regarding the novels (It wouldn't fit Yen's new label) and I've mentioned the novel to Seven Seas regarding the manga, so I've tried. I can't say I've read the manga (like a lot of people, I have to have it on print to read), but this made me tempted to import (once they're finally in stock on Amazon).

Cute place for Reina to take Kumiko on their first date
This is seriously the same setting described in the novel. Reina explicitly said to meet at the Ujigami Shrine and they hiked up Mt. Daikichi. Those were the exact locations replicated in the episode (and manga).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sound Euphonism - 08

Keep going, there is more to come.

Tuck

Kekkai Sensen - 11
Pretty good. A bit ham-fisted in parts, but I enjoyed the look into White and Black's past. I just wish the rest of the cast got the development/depth they got.

Arslan Senki - 12

Narsus and daryuun are such cheat codes , lol

And goddamn this animation ..THIS ANIMATION!

This show is so good.

This show is so good.

It's everything i could have hoped
Every episode i'm getting some suikoden or fire emblem vibes. All the characters are excellent and ...
Oh so good.

I agree - its fantastic. So fun to watch. I love the characters. That said the animation in this episode was pretty lacking. This show can do waay better than that.

Alright. Any chance for a S2?

The series is definitely popular. Takajimasha reported that the series had over 250,000 copies in print already, so that's a great measure (though useless for S2 as they're not on the committee). There's tons of merch being sold by KyoAni and the predictions for disc sales are decent. As always, we aren't aware of how many copies are sold by the KyoAni Shop, but there should be a decent amount.

At this point, I think it's safe to consider a sequel work likely, but I can't say whether that'll be another season or a movie.

The series is definitely popular. Takajimasha reported that the series had over 250,000 copies in print already, so that's a great measure (though useless for S2 as they're not on the committee). There's tons of merch being sold by KyoAni and the predictions for disc sales are decent. As always, we aren't aware of how many copies are sold by the KyoAni Shop, but there should be a decent amount.

At this point, I think it's safe to consider a sequel work likely, but I can't say whether that'll be another season or a movie.

That or they will just pull another Hyouka on us
D':

That or they will just pull another Hyouka on us
D':

Hyouka's rights are held by Kadokawa (Kadokawa Shoten division). Negotiating to adapt it would be more trouble than picking up another title from another publisher that wouldn't have as much difficulty due to prior committees/contracts. It's up to Kadokawa to greenlight more, though I doubt they want to given the lack of material left to adapt (two short stories and one long piece).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Probably a movie for Euriphonium. That seems to be the thing these days for KyoAni.

Series + Movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom