• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arslan Emblem - 12
This is to much fire emblem, this moment I knew she would join them.

It was totally this!

lol. I remember when I first played Awakening

"oh look a person who might want to join our side. Surely they'll join after I beat their side"

*character dies*

"I need my character on this side. Surely I can send somebody else to conv-"

*character dies*

Seriously I had no idea they wanted to be so specific.

Jarmel

Banned
I should mention I don't know who is providing more QUALITY this season, Liden or WIT. I'm sure IMS will show them up in the Fall though.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sound Euphonium - 09

Awesome episode, though I do feel bad for
Natsuki

Please please please don't let
Kumiko and her lame childhood friend become a pair. I really don't feel like getting Yami'd. T_T

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Probably a movie for Euriphonium. That seems to be the thing these days for KyoAni.

Series + Movie.
community-final-cuarta-temporada-six-seasons-and-a-movie.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sound Euphonium - 09

Awesome episode, though I do feel bad for
Natsuki

Please please please don't let
Kumiko and her lame childhood friend become a pair. I really don't feel like getting Yami'd. T_T

There is the wind up.

Hyouka's rights are held by Kadokawa (Kadokawa Shoten division). Negotiating to adapt it would be more trouble than picking up another title from another publisher that wouldn't have as much difficulty due to prior committees/contracts. It's up to Kadokawa to greenlight more, though I doubt they want to given the lack of material left to adapt (two short stories and one long piece).

This is so sad :'(

Here's the last batch of the week:

BBB 11
Would like to get some clarification here. I loved how we saw Black and White's past and that was great. But then that second part when she was with Sonic, looking at Leo's camera and then collapsed
due to the disruption in the city, but then the scene changes to a church and we see Black shoot her point blank. Was this a time skip, or was it supposed to be symbolic?? Is she dead??

Arslan Senki 12
Yes I can agree with the people saying that the animation took a hit, but the story being told this week was so good that I didn't even care. Each week, this show goes up higher and higher on my list.

Grisaia no Rankuen 10
Super badass fight between Yuuji and Du Pont. And great ending, in which no girl wins! (by the way seeing them all tanned? hnnnngggghhh). The very last scene with Thanatos killed me LMFAO. What an unexpected surprise ahaha.

SDBurton

Sound Euphonium - 10

Wait. WHAT?

Oh thank god, crisis averted.

cersei.gif

AAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH MOTHERFUCKER! I SWEAR TO GOD IF I WAS RULER OF THIS FUCKING EARTH I'D MAKE THIS SHIT PUNISHABLE BY DEATH. HOW IN THE FUCK CAN YOU GIVE ME TWO CHARACTERS THAT HAVE WONDERFUL CHEMISTRY WITH EACH OTHER AND RUIN IT BY PINNING ONE OF THEM WITH THE BULLSHIT "TEACHER CRUSH" GARBAGE CLICHE. SO. FUCKING. STUPID. YOU COULD'VE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL HERE WITH THEIR ROMANCE, BUT LO AND BEHOLD YOU HAD TO FUCKING RUIN IT WITH THIS 'FREE' LOOKING MOTHERFUCKER. FUCK HIM WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING. TO THE DEPTHS OF MY SOUL I LOATHE HIM, SCORN HIM, AND WISH WITH ALL OF MY HEART THAT HE NEVER EXISTED. AND I HOPE YOU LOSE YOUR SOLO PART FOR THE COMPETITION KOUSAKA YOU TRAITOR!! T_T

cajunator

Banned
Sound Euphonium - 10

Wait. WHAT?

cersei.gif

AAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH MOTHERFUCKER! I SWEAR TO GOD IF I WAS RULER OF THIS FUCKING EARTH I'D MAKE THIS SHIT PUNISHABLE BY DEATH. HOW IN THE FUCK CAN YOU GIVE ME TWO CHARACTERS THAT HAVE WONDERFUL CHEMISTRY WITH EACH OTHER AND RUIN IT BY PINNING ONE OF THEM WITH THE BULLSHIT "TEACHER CRUSH" GARBAGE CLICHE. SO. FUCKING. STUPID. YOU COULD'VE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL HERE WITH THEIR ROMANCE, BUT LO AND BEHOLD YOU HAD TO FUCKING RUIN IT WITH THIS 'FREE' LOOKING MOTHERFUCKER. FUCK HIM WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING. TO THE DEPTHS OF MY SOUL I LOATHE HIM, SCORN HIM, AND WISH WITH ALL OF MY HEART THAT HE NEVER EXISTED. AND I HOPE YOU LOSE YOUR SOLO PART FOR THE COMPETITION KOUSAKA YOU TRAITOR!! T_T

You are so adorable. Gave you plenty of warning though.

wonzo

Banned
Cool, could you give an example of the anime being "babbyfied"? I kinda want to get a feel of how dark/wierd the novel is going to be before I jump in.

The lack of drug use in the anime for starters.

You should really read the manga if you don't want to wait for Part 4. As for comparisons to the manga, the TV is a pretty literal adaptation of the manga so it's pretty easy to compare them from there. The TV series skipped nothing, so everything they skipped over in the OVA was skipped from the manga. And I totally agree about the voice actors in the TV series being perfect, I have never liked how the OVA VA's sounded, especially DIO.

Some peeps on twitter pointed out the manga situations much better these days so I'll get started on that soon (after sangokushi, hagio and few other things first)

Good post. I can't really disagree with much that you've said, I'd just like to highlight some more standout shots from the OVA's:
Shame we probably won't see a remaster of this one anytime soon. :(

So when are you going to finish Cross Ange SDBurton?

Some peeps on twitter pointed out the manga situations much better these days so I'll get started on that soon (after sangokushi, hagio and few other things first)
Shame we probably won't see a remaster of this one anytime soon. :(

Part 4 has been retranslated, and Part 5 is in the process which is the most problematic part.

Quasar

Sound Euphonium - 10

*falls off chair laughing hysterically*

Andrew J.

Sound Euphonium - 10

Wait. WHAT?

cersei.gif

It's fine. They're bisexual!

Midonin

Yume Tsukai 01-03

This show is, in some ways, similar to Petopeto-san. A heavily Japanese-influenced, lighthearted work that predates Crunchyroll and has never been licensed since. Seeing how Japan has adapted its works to feature a mix of technology and spirituality is fascinating to watch. It's even present in works like Ninninger - where you have robots that nonetheless behave like guardian gods of old folklore. And that applies as much to this series, because it's very episodic and monster-of-the-week thus far, making it feel like a weekend morning magical girl show.

There's even a brief transformation sequence and a pattern to all the events, plus episode 3 had Touko and Rinko summoning a giant cannon that Touko herself was fired out of, in a way that wouldn't be out of place in Sentai or Precure. They do work at a toy shop, which lends an air of whimsy to the whole thing. It's a very different beast compared to the wet dreams of Yumeria or the ongoing mystery of Dream Eater Merry.

And I really like what I see. Plus Tomokazu Seki puts in a good performance as part-time helper and dandy Hajime.

cajunator

Banned
I'll be back on the trail tomorrow when I can watch a large chunk at once. So far, so good.

This is going to be a tough week saying goodbye to all these really good spring shows..

excellent. I look forward to reading what you think of it.

Concerning Euphonium Yuri...I couldn't help but have a good laugh at the webm (I suppose it's NSFW to some degree) from this reddit thread.

To quote a rather truthful comment:

Better animation than Ninja slayer.

So what are the chances of another anime like monster ever happening? And I mean a seinen/mature anime dealing that tries to be relatively realistic with its plot and characters (and design) that also happens to be grounded?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sound Euphonium - 10

Wait. WHAT?

cersei.gif

And there is the pitch. This has indeed been a beautiful disaster.

Arcadius

Banned
So this is the first time I've seen SDBurton in the anime thread since I've joined... I must say... I love your outlook on yuri relationships. Yuri is love, yuri is life. *hug* ~

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So this is the first time I've seen SDBurton in the anime thread since I've joined... I must say... I love your outlook on yuri relationships. Yuri is love, yuri is life. *hug* ~
There's a reason he has his tag. :p

I honestly can't tell where the character ends and the real person begins though. lol

This is so sad :'(

Here's the last batch of the week:

BBB 11
Would like to get some clarification here. I loved how we saw Black and White's past and that was great. But then that second part when she was with Sonic, looking at Leo's camera and then collapsed
due to the disruption in the city, but then the scene changes to a church and we see Black shoot her point blank. Was this a time skip, or was it supposed to be symbolic?? Is she dead??

You know how Casters have the ability to teleport shown by that Caster Lady in episode 9 when she started randomly teleporting around Abrams the dude with a suitcase. So the reason why White suddenly ended up in the Church was because of Despair-kun who is possessing Black, White's brother. We know that Despair can teleport because in episode 4 we see him in the beginning talking to Leo but then few seconds later he vanished. Also Black has psychic abilities shown in the flashback and Despair-kun the unknown entity is controlling him. The reason White collapses
is because her heart is connected to the barrier as well as Black's which was created by her parents. So when Despair-kun screwed around with the barrier by using Leo's eyes White collapsed and then Despair-kun teleported her to the church. Which he then shot her to finally completely break the barrier which is connected to her heart. So you could say that both White and Black are already dead but kept alive due to the barrier.

So basically Despair-kun motivation till now
was to kill himself. Which is why he destroyed the barrier creating another Great Collapse because the person who he's possessing (Black) is connected to the barrier through his life essence. So if the barrier is gone Black as well as Despair is gone because they are connected together. The reason why Despair-kun wants to kill himself is because he's a immortal entity that has lived forever and has been doing the same thing over and over again and just can't kill himself. Even this quote by him says it all "Death is the privilege of the Living."

So what are the chances of another anime like monster ever happening? And I mean a seinen/mature anime dealing that tries to be relatively realistic with its plot and characters (and design) that also happens to be grounded?

Never, it's about time you accepted that.😌

Anime ain't about that life.

just wanted to say ..

I love yuri shows , yet you didn't see me watching euphorium.

My sixth sense never fail me.

I'm proud of my sixth sense.

I honestly can't tell where the character ends and the real person begins though. lol

DTL it's especially hard as well. I can't ask for his opinion on anything that happens to have pretty boys and friendship/rivalry between them without it being "the best anime ever".

At least if he turned out to be Tina from Bob's Burgers I could be happy.

cajunator

Banned
Yume Tsukai 01-03

This show is, in some ways, similar to Petopeto-san. A heavily Japanese-influenced, lighthearted work that predates Crunchyroll and has never been licensed since. Seeing how Japan has adapted its works to feature a mix of technology and spirituality is fascinating to watch. It's even present in works like Ninninger - where you have robots that nonetheless behave like guardian gods of old folklore. And that applies as much to this series, because it's very episodic and monster-of-the-week thus far, making it feel like a weekend morning magical girl show.

There's even a brief transformation sequence and a pattern to all the events, plus episode 3 had Touko and Rinko summoning a giant cannon that Touko herself was fired out of, in a way that wouldn't be out of place in Sentai or Precure. They do work at a toy shop, which lends an air of whimsy to the whole thing. It's a very different beast compared to the wet dreams of Yumeria or the ongoing mystery of Dream Eater Merry.

And I really like what I see. Plus Tomokazu Seki puts in a good performance as part-time helper and dandy Hajime.

Well I really liked Yumeria and Dream Eater Merry. Wonder how I would react to this show.

Narag

Have you heard the good word about Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito, friend? Perhaps the only show that was too yuri for SDBurton.

You know how Casters have the ability to teleport shown by that Caster Lady in episode 9 when she started randomly teleporting around Abrams the dude with a suitcase. So the reason why White suddenly ended up in the Church was because of Despair-kun who is possessing Black, White's brother. We know that Despair can teleport because in episode 4 we see him in the beginning talking to Leo but then few seconds later he vanished. Also Black has psychic abilities shown in the flashback and Despair-kun the unknown entity is controlling him. The reason White collapses
is because her heart is connected to the barrier as well as Black's which was created by her parents. So when Despair-kun screwed around with the barrier by using Leo's eyes White collapsed and then Despair-kun teleported her to the church. Which he then shot her to finally completely break the barrier which is connected to her heart. So you could say that both White and Black are already dead but kept alive due to the barrier.

So basically Despair-kun motivation till now
was to kill himself. Which is why he destroyed the barrier creating another Great Collapse because the person who he's possessing (Black) is connected to the barrier through his life essence. So if the barrier is gone Black as well as Despair is gone because they are connected together. The reason why Despair-kun wants to kill himself is because he's a immortal entity that has lived forever and has been doing the same thing over and over again and just can't kill himself. Even this quote by him says it all "Death is the privilege of the Living."
Your thorough and detailed explanations are what make this show a joy to watch for me. I'd never in a million years pick up all the details that you have, going as far as remembering minor stuff from episodes that aired weeks ago so thanks for all that. Now I understand why things are happening the way they are, specially that whole scene shift thing.

PS: Just a little longer till your avatar can go back to normal? LOL.

SDBurton

It's very nice to meet you Arcadius! I've noticed a lot of new faces here upon my return which is awesome. And you're already great in my book since you have a HidaSketch avy!

================================

Euphonism - 11

Not gonna lie, was not giving a single fuck about this show until the 16th minute when this happened:

Surely I'm not seeing things. I'm pretty sure Kousaka just stated last episode that she was in love with that shitty teacher. My yuri lasik surgery has reached a new level.

I'M NOT SEEING THINGS! THE DREAM IS ALIVE! YES! YES! YES! GOOD JOB NAILING THAT SOLO KOUSAKA I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!

Robotguy

Sound Euphonium - 10

Wait. WHAT?

Lol.
Awaiting Ep 11 impressions.

Edit: Well look at the time.

Arcadius

Banned

Not going to lie, not sure how being a World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast = lover of all things yuri and having orgasms about it... though I am curious

He is rather gung ho for yuri.

I'm really glad to see that, we need more people being gung ho about Yuri and Yuri relationships and Yuri anime and everything Yuri...!! ~

Have you heard the good word about Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito, friend? Perhaps the only show that was too yuri for SDBurton.

Too Yuri?! SDBurton, is this true? I feel like I need to watch this asap.

You guys are crazy, you can enjoy yuri and Euphonium at the same time

If you want pure unfiltered yuri read Honto no Kanojo or some shit

Thanks for this PrimeRib!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom