• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

I'M NOT SEEING THINGS! THE DREAM IS ALIVE! YES! YES! YES! GOOD JOB NAILING THAT SOLO KOUSAKA I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!

ahhhh SDburton you always never failed on my expectations.

giphy.gif

Not going to lie, not sure how being a World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast = lover of all things yuri and having orgasms about it... though I am curious

Don't worry I only figured it out a few months ago.

The first man in space was Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin

Most of the time when I see tags like Jexhius', Haly's or Wonzo's I just dunno how the hell they even got them

firehawk12

Subete no aware
DTL it's especially hard as well. I can't ask for his opinion on anything that happens to have pretty boys and friendship/rivalry between them without it being "the best anime ever".

At least if he turned out to be Tina from Bob's Burgers I could be happy.
The thing is, DTL is well read on yaoi, so he does know his stuff and care about the genre. It's more the other stuff surrounding that knowledge that comes off as performance.

Not going to lie, not sure how being a World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast = lover of all things yuri and having orgasms about it... though I am curious
First man in space = Yuri Gagarin. I didn't get it at first either. lol

cajunator

Banned
Have you heard the good word about Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito, friend? Perhaps the only show that was too yuri for SDBurton.

"Elephant oatmal/10" - Syrinx

It's very nice to meet you Arcadius! I've noticed a lot of new faces here upon my return which is awesome. And you're already great in my book since you have a HidaSketch avy!

================================

Euphonism - 11

Not gonna lie, was not giving a single fuck about this show until the 16th minute when this happened:

Surely I'm not seeing things. I'm pretty sure Kousaka just stated last episode that she was in love with that shitty teacher. My yuri lasik surgery has reached a new level.

I'M NOT SEEING THINGS! THE DREAM IS ALIVE! YES! YES! YES! GOOD JOB NAILING THAT SOLO KOUSAKA I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!

Back and forth the pendulum goes...

Your thorough and detailed explanations are what make this show a joy to watch for me. I'd never in a million years pick up all the details that you have, going as far as remembering minor stuff from episodes that aired weeks ago so thanks for all that. Now I understand why things are happening the way they are, specially that whole scene shift thing.

PS: Just a little longer till your avatar can go back to normal? LOL.

Yeah I have to wait till July for my avatar. I'm probably gonna switch it up and go for Joseph Joestar.

Arcadius

Banned
Don't worry I only figured it out a few months ago.

The first man in space was Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin

Most of the time when I see tags like Jexhius', Haly's or Wonzo's I just dunno how the hell they even got them

Thanks for this!!

The thing is, DTL is well read on yaoi, so he does know his stuff and care about the genre. It's more the other stuff surrounding that knowledge that comes off as performance.

First man in space = Yuri Gagarin. I didn't get it at first either. lol

Thank you too!

Grisaia no rakuen - 10
Grisaia%20no%20Rakuen%20-%2010.jpg

No , not a punk kid ..kazami yuuji, the 2nd gen 9029, at least do your homework

So it ends ..grisaia ends with an arc that clearly show that the writing was strong and the characters shined with it.

The final arc ends, everything's solved. Yuugi is a badass.
Happy end , YEAH !!

9/10

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm really glad to see that, we need more people being gung ho about Yuri and Yuri relationships and Yuri anime and everything Yuri...!! ~

Agreed on all counts! Me and you are going to be the best of friends, I can already tell. :D

Too Yuri?! SDBurton, is this true? I feel like I need to watch this asap.

There is not a show I despise more than Yami. There's shows out there that can affect you... and then there's shows out there that can affect you. Yami hurt me in a way no other show has done. It reached the core of my spirit and tore it like it was cheap fabric. Nope, I will never recommend that show, especially for a fellow yuri fan. No one should have to experience the despair I felt when I finished that show, I wouldn't wish that fate on my worst enemy... besides DTL anyway.

ahhhh SDburton you always never failed on my expectations.

giphy.gif

POST OF THE YEAR DEFUSER! I literally laughed out loud at this. XD

Edit: Gonna go run for a bit and I'll come back to get caught up on Mikagura

Squishy3

How did DTL react to Gravitation I wonder? That show was really popular.
Pretty sure that's before his time

the part 4 retranslaton supposedly just made shit up for bits and pieces, i think the colour rerelease crew's fixing that stuff up
the original part 4 translation is just terrible because it was a chinese guy translating it into english and so translated stuff like day into "duwang", but actually managed to become more coherent as it went on and you could actually understand the characters and story

the part 5 original translation just made shit up

Cornbread78

Wolf Girl and Black Prince ep.6-END
This one surprised me until the very end. There are some standard clichés mixed into it, but it managed to keep me entertained throughout. It even gave me several "oh shit" moments as the story went along and I didn't expect how things would turn out. Also, there was actually some character development for the MC, which was pretty well done. If you are looking for a shirt romcom that actually does have a mix of humor and some romance v give this one a shot. The MC will make you cringe at times throughout, but does add an extra layer to the way the story plays out.

Arcadius

Banned
It's very nice to meet you Arcadius! I've noticed a lot of new faces here upon my return which is awesome. And you're already great in my book since you have a HidaSketch avy!

Agreed on all counts! Me and you are going to be the best of friends, I can already tell. :D

Wow! I feel honored to be talking to the biggest enthusiast of Yuri on GAF. This is fantastic!!! (I used to have a Potemayo avi before this one =)

I'll look up to you for Yuri recommendations if that's okay, only started watching Anime in April of this year!

Edit: I feel bad for not knowing, but who is DTL?

wonzo

Banned
Pretty sure that's before his time

the original part 4 translation is just terrible because it was a chinese guy translating it into english and so translated stuff like day into "duwang", but actually managed to become more coherent as it went on and you could actually understand the characters and story

the part 5 original translation just made shit up
i never picked it up cause of duwang (barring the few incredible lines out there) but yeah it looks like i got confused with part 5 tl status. cheers

Grisaia no rakuen - 10

So it ends ..grisaia ends with an arc that clearly show that the writing was strong and the characters shined with it.

Happy end , YEAH !!

9/10

Grisaia was indeed very satisfying. The very last scene though. Thanatos is a troll.

jgminto

啊

i never picked it up cause of duwang (barring the few incredible lines out there) but yeah it looks like i got confused with part 5 tl status. cheers

The new Part 4 translation is probably the best in the series now. Definitely worth reading after finishing the latest anime season.

cajunator

Banned
Wow! I feel honored to be talking to the biggest enthusiast of Yuri on GAF. This is fantastic!!! (I used to have a Potemayo avi before this one =)

I'll look up to you for Yuri recommendations if that's okay, only started watching Anime in April of this year!

Watch Stratos 4

Cornbread78

I think the fact that there isn't any real equivalent cheering for male homosocial relationships says enough. lol

Lol, truth..

Grisaia no rakuen - 10
Happy end , YEAH !!
9/10

Yeah, I'm going to miss this one. Some of the arcs got really dark at the end of S1 and into S2, but they did a great job tying everything together by the end. I hope he can make use of thar awesome harem going forward and I was glad he had humanity left in him, although, he did leave a mess behind, lol. Also, that final scene with sis was hilarious..

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Aww pfft I'm not a big deal, though I do appreciate the flattery! Take notes firehawk12!

No way! Well then we gotta get you caught up!! I'd be happy to recommend you shows. To start you off, if you're looking for something cute and heart fluttery, I'd recommend Sakura Trick. If you're looking for something grounded and serious I'd say Aoi Hana would be your bet.

Regarding DTL, he's like the exact opposite of myself. He's a hardcore yaoi fan who regularly hates on female characters and does not like yuri one bit.

Grisaia was indeed very satisfying. The very last scene though. Thanatos is a troll.

it's those kind of scene that were lost when they adapted the story from the VN to the anime.
Nobody can understand why michiru is the most popular of the 6 if they only watched the anime. But she is in All the fun stuff that isn't plot important Grisaia would have been 10/10 if they had managed to keep the michiru bullying in. but i'm asking too much.

ibyea

Banned
Sound Euphonium - 10

Wait. WHAT?

Oh thank god, crisis averted.

cersei.gif

AAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH MOTHERFUCKER! I SWEAR TO GOD IF I WAS RULER OF THIS FUCKING EARTH I'D MAKE THIS SHIT PUNISHABLE BY DEATH. HOW IN THE FUCK CAN YOU GIVE ME TWO CHARACTERS THAT HAVE WONDERFUL CHEMISTRY WITH EACH OTHER AND RUIN IT BY PINNING ONE OF THEM WITH THE BULLSHIT "TEACHER CRUSH" GARBAGE CLICHE. SO. FUCKING. STUPID. YOU COULD'VE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL HERE WITH THEIR ROMANCE, BUT LO AND BEHOLD YOU HAD TO FUCKING RUIN IT WITH THIS 'FREE' LOOKING MOTHERFUCKER. FUCK HIM WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING. TO THE DEPTHS OF MY SOUL I LOATHE HIM, SCORN HIM, AND WISH WITH ALL OF MY HEART THAT HE NEVER EXISTED. AND I HOPE YOU LOSE YOUR SOLO PART FOR THE COMPETITION KOUSAKA YOU TRAITOR!! T_T

XD XD XD

it's those kind of scene that were lost when they adapted the story from the VN to the anime.
Nobody can understand why michiru is the most popular of the 6 if they only watched the anime. But she is in All the fun stuff that isn't plot important Grisaia would have been 10/10 if they had managed to keep the michiru bullying in. but i'm asking too much.

I never read the VNs but I enjoyed her presence. She did sorta get picked on a lot though, specially on this second season lol.

Arcadius

Banned
:)
*squeezes

=) <3 *squeeeeze*

Aww pfft I'm not a big deal, though I do appreciate the flattery! Take notes firehawk12!

No way! Well then we gotta get you caught up!! I'd be happy to recommend you shows. To start you off, if you're looking for something cute and heart fluttery, I'd recommend Sakura Trick. If you're looking for something grounded and serious I'd say Aoi Hana would be your bet.

Regarding DTL, he's like the exact opposite of myself. He's a hardcore yaoi fan who regularly hates on female characters and does not like yuri one bit.

Now now, SD, don't be so modest. I've seen how AnimeGAF likes to bring you up when Yuri elements are involved, you are most definitely a "big deal"!!

If you'd like, I can list my MAL!

DTL.... oh boy... Yuri is love... Yuri is life

ibyea

Banned
So what are the chances of another anime like monster ever happening? And I mean a seinen/mature anime dealing that tries to be relatively realistic with its plot and characters (and design) that also happens to be grounded?

Too bad it seems unlikely because I want something like that.

The dialog in this VN that I have seen is pretty legendary.

It is :

Everyone hold no punches when they mock or question others. All the 6 , yuuji included, don't hesitate to tell what they think when they think of it. it's freaking excellent.
--------------------------------------
Hello kirino mosaic - 12
Hello%21%21%20Kiniro%20Mosaic%20-%2012.jpg

She'll follow her , even if she goes to space!

And so it ends, kirino mosaic is over and it was excellent ..even when many jokes are predictable or expected , it still works .. i guess that's because the characters are fun to watch and frankly that's what matters.

I want a season 3.. i need a season 3.

Arslan Senki 11-12

Aside from the quality this series has been so fucking good through the setting and the enjoyable story it has presented. It seems Sam is still alive and has found out about the supposedly true heir. Seriously though I wonder if Andragoras truly set up that incident but at this point it seems vey likely. That Priest of Lusitania gets on my nerves especially on how he starts spewing bullshit. You gotta love how Daryum and Farangis team up together to wreak some Lusitania soldiers.

I'm really loving Arslan's character and how he differentiates from Royalty. He's a character that's kind and isn't arrogant and even tries to better himself. Gieve himself even realizes how really different Arslan is to Royalty. I'm liking Arslan and Elam's dynamic as well. It seems a new character has joined the crew and she seems spunky. I hope we get more of her. Though I have to say that scene where Daryum charges was hype as fuck especially when he stabs the dude with Earth magic.

It also seems like there's a bit of magic in this series.

Clov

Having finished both Stardust Crusaders and the original Jojo's OVA recently, I have some mixed feelings. On one, hand, there were some episodes that I thought the OVA did much better (Darby in particular I loved the OVA version of, along with the fifth OVA episode). The animation throughout the OVA was fantastic, and the fights themselves were exciting to watch as a result. On the other hand, the voice acting in the OVA seemed so... bad. Dio sounded bored out of his mind, whereas in the TV version you can really hear Koyasu getting into the role and hamming it up. It makes the experience more enjoyable. Wasn't a big fan of the music in the OVA either. While it was well animated, I think I ultimately prefer the TV version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom