• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we talking Kotoura-san levels of bait and switch?

It's just something really stupid. I still don't see why they're hiding it. Even reading the shows description on some Summer anime chart website reveals it. I guess you should avoid those if you don't want any spoilers.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!
Oregairu is not a perfect series, but it is definitely a very, very good one. It suffers, sometimes badly, from its characters being often more introspective and philosophical than any realistic teenager, but this is a problem that is far more pervasive than just this sole franchise. What I like about the series is how well it does subtext; how much information it conveys non-verbally and how perceptive the characters can be about it. It's a fresh breath in an anime landscape full of characters that continually fail to pick up on the most obvious of hints. The characters have exaggerated, but interesting flaws that make their existence more valuable for the viewer. Iroha in particular provided a new charge into what had become a bit of a formula. If I had a bone to pick, and I largely don't, it's that the ending seems to be preparing for an OVA that will contain the actual finale, probably packaged with the final light novel, so it doesn't really feel like a completed work. However, what is here is so good in terms of character development and plot that I struggle to hold that against it in earnest. 9/10

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you. I don't think it's actually that outrageous that teenagers are that philosophical. Depending on the situation teenagers can very well end up like Hachiman and actually have the same thought process and conclusions that he does. I say this because I feel like the author is drawing up a lot from personal experiences. Either

I haven't felt this angry since the end of spice and wolf. I can't be mad cause this episode was amazing.
this really is the confrontation of both Yui and Yuki's feelings for Hachiman. Yui was supposed to have this date together with him but she sacrificed her dream date in order to bring them all together. This was a devious plot from a supposed nice girl as she uses this oppertunity to openly confess her feelings yet still trying to have both of her best friends be together by letting Yuki have not once but two chances to confess her feelings. Yuki is afraid of confessing since she doesn't know what'll happen after. She doesn't want to destroy her friendship with Yui and Hachiman. The moment we've been waiting for is denied by Hachiman as he rejects the entire confrontation by calling it a deception. He wants this to be genuine and having someone be put on the spot for such a big choice was not going to end well. They've resolved themselves to wait for now but the image he's created for either girl is broken when he states once again that Yui is a nice girl and Yuki is a strong one. This image is shattered as he sees Yui's cunning deception and Yuki's strong persona crumble to her vulnerable inner self. They are all at the edge of their relationship as both sides are now evident. I don't know who Hachiman will pick as he has feelings for both but we won't get our answer soon. Nevertheless SNAFU was a great journey that must be resolved in any way for me.

I realized that after watching this episode, I had some things really wrong with my analysis last week. This analysis that you wrote up is fucking perfect though.

Not all of them do that and not all of them even have scenes like this. But it was a high-drama scene and I basically didn't know what they were talking about. I mean, I knew vaguely what the characters feelings were towards each other, but nothing they were saying was comprehensible in the least.

I think it's a combination of Yui being vague and the subtitles being shitty. The whole point is that Yui's being vague so she can tell her grand plan after Yukino accepts but at that point Yui straight up wins the competition and Hachiman. I'm most curious about what Hachiman would wish for after all of this.

Phatmac

I thought it was great that
Yui was trying for the self sacrifice role and Hachiman just went "Nope!" He wants this to happen organically.
So yeah, it was a non ending, but at least things are moving in the right direction.

Ending the episode RIGHT before
Yukino said her request
tho? That made me rage though
Hachiman sure as come a long way from a loner to a slightly sociable kid. All the characters evolutions have been great. It's still sad to see yet another anime story end like this though. My heart can only take so much pain ;_;

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Do we know for sure that SNAFU ends at Vol 12? I mean... Considering how they pace the stories for each volume and how the story arc goes, I can't imagine this being wrapped up in 1 volume. At the very least I imagine this will take 2 or 3. I guess that wouldn't be enough material to adapt over a 1 cour series but I would like something fairly conclusive via anime... =/.

Phatmac

I realized that after watching this episode, I had some things really wrong with my analysis last week. This analysis that you wrote up is fucking perfect though.

I think it's a combination of Yui being vague and the subtitles being shitty. The whole point is that Yui's being vague so she can tell her grand plan after Yukino accepts but at that point Yui straight up wins the competition and Hachiman. I'm most curious about what Hachiman would wish for after all of this
I can't blame anyone for being confused. It took a couple of rewatches and reactions to solidify my thoughts on it all. The subtitles are too vague for average viewers but it's still clear what is going by what the characters are doing and their expressions.

cajunator

Banned
It's just something really stupid. I still don't see why they're hiding it. Even reading the shows description on some Summer anime chart website reveals it. I guess you should avoid those if you don't want any spoilers.

Is this the show with the
zombie survivors
?

I remember readingf about some show like that for summer.

Mandelbo

I wouldn't say stupid per sé, but basically this. If you want any surprise at all avoid descriptions of the show.

Kotoura-san was quite the bait and switch, though. Those opening few minutes weren't exactly what I was expecting, to say the least.

Grzi

I hate to break this to you, but I imagine quite a few people didn't watch Kuroko not because of fujoshi pandering, but because it's just not very good.

I see Big Windup and Haikyuu, both shows that were or are very popular with the fujoshi crowd, recommended quite often when people ask for shows about sports. I also watched Free and enjoyed it. The main difference between these shows and Kuroko no Basket is that there's an obvious sense of realism when the characters are playing the sport the show is about, and I enjoy learning about the sports or remembering the ones I used to play. Kuroko no Basket is a shounen battle anime in sports form.

I hate to break this to you but I'm talking about what was happening three years ago, when I was a much more active member of this community and when people outright dismissed Kuroko for the reason I mentioned. And it's a great show with a great cast of characters. No one watches sports shows because of the sport, I don't care about basketball, or volleyball, or tennis, or cycling.

yowapeda's a homoerotic masterpiece capturing the raw passion of sports, kuroko's just an equally lame basketball version of prince of tennis

While I enjoyed YowaPeda (I wear a YowaPeda keychain, which is the only piece of anime merchandise I own lol), Kuroko is a much more exciting show that's better made on every level. You should watch it.

I think it's a combination of Yui being vague and the subtitles being shitty. The whole point is that Yui's being vague so she can tell her grand plan after Yukino accepts but at that point Yui straight up wins the competition and Hachiman. I'm most curious about what Hachiman would wish for after all of this.

I don't think anyone won here. Yui seemed to be copping out and trying to go the Hayama route with everyone ignoring the glaring issues to try to uphold a superficial friendship, which is what Hikki rejected.

Rainy

Banned
I don't think anyone won here. Yui seemed to be copping out and trying to go the Hayama route with everyone ignoring the glaring issues to try to upload a superficial friendship, which is what Hikki rejected.
I thought the exact same thing (the similarity to Hayama) while watching the scene.

Droplet

I hate to break this to you but I'm talking about what was happening three years ago, when I was a much more active member of this community and when people outright dismissed Kuroko for the reason I mentioned. And it's a great show with a great cast of characters. No one watches sports shows because of the sport, I don't care about basketball, or volleyball, or tennis, or cycling.

While I enjoyed YowaPeda (I wear a YowaPeda keychain, which is the only piece of anime merchandise I own lol), Kuroko is a much more exciting show that's better made on every level. You should watch it.

Sure, I remember. But neither Haikyuu nor YowaPeda received anywhere near the same animosity despite having a similar audience. Remember Free got quite a bit of flack as well, and a lot of it was about its audience, but it also received that just because it really wasn't even very good to begin with.

I think we can be subjective about how good or bad a show is, but you should probably recognize that there are other flaws inherent in the show's premise (in this case, ridiculous basketball superpowers) that might drive somebody to not want to watch it.

jgminto

If he was talking about Part 5 and 6 he was right

Rykiel.png

If you can explain to me what he is wearing more power to you

also this guy, yes he is wearing a tie under his "shirt"

latest

How could you forget the worst?

I still enjoy most of Part 5's character designs, they're ridiculous but fun.

Do we know for sure that SNAFU ends at Vol 12? I mean... Considering how they pace the stories for each volume and how the story arc goes, I can't imagine this being wrapped up in 1 volume. At the very least I imagine this will take 2 or 3. I guess that wouldn't be enough material to adapt over a 1 cour series but I would like something fairly conclusive via anime... =/.

It's not confirmed but I do believe it's starting to wind down. This is probably the last major arc in the show and I dont think we will get any more than 2 more books. Personally, I'd love a filler volume after its finished with Komachi as the protagonist in her first year of high school. Would be a lot of fun to see the two Hikigayas going to the same school and Hikki being the overprotective brother warding away dudes trying to date his sister.

I can't blame anyone for being confused. It took a couple of rewatches and reactions to solidify my thoughts on it all. The subtitles are too vague for average viewers but it's still clear what is going by what the characters are doing and their expressions.

Hachiman sure as come a long way from a loner to a slightly sociable kid. All the characters evolutions have been great. It's still sad to see yet another anime story end like this though. My heart can only take so much pain ;_;

Yeah, same. Had to rewatch the ending scenes + read analysis to really piece things together.

I loved the character developments this season, especially Hachimans. These 3 really grew on me and I'm really gonna miss them :(

I don't think anyone won here. Yui seemed to be copping out and trying to go the Hayama route with everyone ignoring the glaring issues to try to upload a superficial friendship, which is what Hikki rejected.

I do feel like this episode foreshadowed
a Yui ending. The penguin scene where Yukino leaves the two alone, her speech about the lonely fish being her, and Hachiman remembering the fireworks he saw with Yui. At the very least, he has more feelings for Yui than we initially thought.

The Hayama comparison is pretty spot on as well.

kewlmyc

Volume 10 has the author saying we're at the climax of the series, that's all we know right now. The rest is guesstimates. I think it gonna end at volume 13 honestly. Deal with Yukino's issues in volume 12 then volume 13 is the ending.

Quasar

I dont think it was realistic to expect things to be resolved this episode, and I really can't imagine any ending that wouldn't feel unsatisfactory considering the LNs are still unfinished. So it was pretty good all things considered. But shit the wait is gonna be horrible.

Yeah.

Still I did not expect it to end where it did.

Quasar

Volume 10.5 has the author saying we're at the climax of the series, that's all we know right now. The rest is guesstimates. I think it gonna end at volume 13 honestly. Deal with Yukino's issues in volume 12 then volume 13 is the ending.

Must admit this surprises me. I mean there's like another year of high school left for them.

phaze

SNAFU 13

I wasn't exactly expecting any definitive resolution but that talk at the end ...Good God, these people need to go to NSA's code cracking division.. I haven't seen so much cryptic talk since reading Enigma. Mc complains about back-scratching but then is letting this farce go on when Yui pretty much confessed to him. Again. And that cliffhanger was just cruel and unnecessary.

Grzi

Sure, I remember. But neither Haikyuu nor YowaPeda received anywhere near the same animosity despite having a similar audience. Remember Free got quite a bit of flack as well, and a lot of it was about its audience, but it also received that just because it really wasn't even very good to begin with.

I think we can be subjective about how good or bad a show is, but you should probably recognize that there are other flaws inherent in the show's premise (in this case, ridiculous basketball superpowers) that might drive somebody to not want to watch it.

I'm not denying that, but a lot of those people never gave Kuroko a chance. If you check the official thread, there's a lot of people loving that show, not even noticing the fujoshi stuff, of course none of them are AnimeGAF regulars (except for DTL). Kuroko was dismissed before being given a chance because it was "notorious" for having those elements even before it began airing, the visual style didn't help. Haikyuu on the other hand is a much better looking show, it's well directed and the fujoshi elements aren't as obvious as they are in Kuroko, mostly because of the non conventional designs, so people chose to ignore that part, which was much harder to do with Kuroko. I consider Haikyuu to be a much better show from a technical standpoint, but it still has to prove itself with the cast and the emotional attachment, which is a big part of sports shows. Yowamushi Pedal on the other hand is worse on nearly every technical element especially the pacing, but the emotional aspect is incredibly strong in that show, plus the fujoshi elements are toned down a lot. And YowaPeda isn't much more realistic than Kuroko.

I am not the one who is desperate here. I would actually enjoy it if there wasn't a mountain of salt and flaming hot peppers there wasn't going to accompany the end of Eupho.

That statement coming from you is downright hilarious when you're pouring in most of the fuel into this entire yuri ordeal by now. You started this show stating that you don't really enjoy it and since then almost exclusively remarked around that topic in Eupho. Even projecting your own impressions onto others stating that no one would care about the band aspects and now you keep saying that there'll be some outrage after next episode when there most likely won't be, even if Kumiko and Shuichi were to spontaneously hook up suddenly.

At this point you're just baiting this shit, which is bad in and off itself, but to have the audacity and then act like this yuri-talk is ruining the show for you...don't make me laugh.

watching something actually about lesbians would be too much for them

Who cares if it's 'actually about lesbians' when Yuri Kuma hardly contains a character to empathize with, nor a semblance of a coherent plot and world.

I have to wonder, are there any anime that do a serious take on a lesbian relationship/romance and actually take it seriously? Like, similar to Koi Kaze's take on an incestuous affair.

jgminto

I'm not denying that, but a lot of those people never gave Kuroko a chance. If you check the official thread, there's a lot of people loving that show, not even noticing the fujoshi stuff, of course none of them are AnimeGAF regulars (except for DTL). Kuroko was dismissed before being given a chance because it was "notorious" for having those elements even before it began airing, the visual style didn't help. Haikyuu on the other hand is a much better looking show, it's well directed and the fujoshi elements aren't as obvious as they are in Kuroko, mostly because of the non conventional designs, so people chose to ignore that part, which was much harder to do with Kuroko. I consider Haikyuu to be a much better show from a technical standpoint, but it still has to prove itself with the cast and the emotional attachment, which is a big part of sports shows. Yowamushi Pedal on the other hand is worse on nearly every technical element especially the pacing, but the emotional aspect is incredibly strong in that show, plus the fujoshi elements are toned down a lot. And YowaPeda isn't much more realistic than Kuroko.

I don't know what show your watching, dude. Yowapeda has the strongest romantic sports vibes of all of those.

That statement coming from you is downright hilarious when you're pouring in most of the fuel into this entire yuri ordeal by now. You started this show stating that you don't really enjoy it and since then almost exclusively remarked around that topic in Eupho. Even projecting your own impressions onto others stating that no one would care about the band aspects and now you keep saying that there'll be some outrage after next episode when there most likely won't be, even if Kumiko and Shuichi were to spontaneously hook up suddenly.

At this point you're just baiting this shit, which is bad in and off itself, but to have the audacity and then act like this yuri-talk is ruining the show for you...don't make me laugh.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think anyone is really serious about al the yuri. At least not as serious as Shard is making it out to be. He seems to be the only one really fanning the flames each week.

People will remember Euphonium as a good Kyoani show with a realistic band. Not as some sort of Yuri show that sucked because Reina and Kumiko didn't hook up at the end.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, I agree. I don't think anyone is really serious about al the yuri. At least not as serious as Shard is making it out to be. He seems to be the only one really fanning the flames each week.

People will remember Euphonium as a good Kyoani show with a realistic band. Not as some sort of Yuri show that sucked because Reina and Kumiko didn't hook up at the end.

Yeah I think it will be remembered favorably.

Pretty sure it's the opposite with all things, because it's easier to post pictures of the yuri nonsense than stuff about the "realistic band".

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

I can assure there will be outrage on Tuesday, maybe not here, but Cruncyroll didn't cover their ass yesterday about the outcome for nothing. Also, in spite of all the yuri baiting and being bored with some of the subject matter.

I can assure there will be outrage on Tuesday, maybe not here, but Cruncyroll didn't cover their ass yesterday about the outcome for nothing. Also, in spite of all the yuri baiting and being bored with some of the subject matter, I actually do like this show. like

Does the person running the Crunchyroll twitter account even have advance knowledge of what's in the next episode that early? You might be reading too much into that.

jgminto

It doesn't matter what they do with Euphonium, if they commit to a relationship it will be a completely hollow checkbox otherwise it'll be just like every other Kyoani show of the last few years. There shouldn't be a question at 12 fucking episodes of a 14 episode series whether two characters are more than friends if the writers actually give a shit about that aspect of the show.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Anyway in spite of all the yuri baiting and being bored with some of the subject matter, I actually do like this show. I like that Koyto Animation has taken their top notch talent an direction and applied it to depicting something with such passion and fervor. Eupho I actually put several notches above the likes of K-On! and Hyoka because they took what was good about those shows, the deep characterization and interplay between all the players and wrapped it around something with some actual substance. You all want to talk about something else we can do this, from the excellent sound direction that allows such subtlety even to the musically untrained, to the masterful direction, framing and animation to the sheer insanity of doing an anime that has like 60 characters and keeping them all distinct and recording all of the music for this endeavor. It is actually a testament to the Koyto that in spite of my problems and issues I am invested in this.

Grzi

I don't know what show your watching, dude. Yowapeda has the strongest romantic sports vibes of all of those.

Yeah, I worded that poorly. YowaPeda doesn't seem like that at first. It takes one look at Kuroko to come to the conclusion it has BL elements, the character designs look like they're straight from a yaoi show, while it doesn't seem that way with Yowamushi Pedal. That could be the reason why more people gave it a shot.

To be fair Sound Euphonium's original novel that the anime is based upon is still an ongoing series so perhaps the lesbian romance will become a more prominent role in the story later.

*shrugs*

You do know I've read all the novels and the story's pretty much concluded with novel 3, right? There's one volume of shorts that don't play a role in the main story, but that's it. The main tale is over.

This kinda shows how inaccurate the whole "Euphonium novels say..." has gotten on the internet. Any factoid has been mutilated for the sake of shipping.

fertygo

Kuroko is fun but personally I think its just tier 2 or tier 3 quality, many casual watcher like it because its so ridiculous but there's a lot other sport title that technically better (like Haikyuu or Yowapeda for example)

Pretty sure it's the opposite with all things, because it's easier to post pictures of the yuri nonsense than stuff about the "realistic band".

You've hit the nail right on the head. Just because people only discuss that aspect of Euphonium on the internet doesn't mean that yuri is the only reason why people care about it. It also doesn't really help that the relationships are one of the few things people can actually speculate about.

You do know I've read all the novels and the story's pretty much concluded with novel 3, right? There's one volume of shorts that don't play a role in the main story, but that's it. The main tale is over.

What did you think of the ending? Did you feel like everything wrapped up nicely? No spoilers please.
Also, where is the anime currently? Are we close to the end of the first novel? Is there any chance that we're getting a second season?

When did Naruto end? I think I missed that.

What exactly is the path to enlightenment?

Naruro's manga ended late last year, and their was a melt down when it was officially unveiled in the final chapter (a flash forward) that Naruto married Hinata and had 2 kids while Sakura married Sasuke and had *1 kid. The naruto manga thread on gaf got so toxic that mods had to lock it and other communities also has massice melt downs especially the narusaku fan board :p

Course skip to today and the manga is now new a gaiden story arc with no sign of ending soon so I guess you can say Naruto just took an extended break.

This kinda shows how inaccurate the whole "Euphonium novels say..." has gotten on the internet. Any factoid has been mutilated for the sake of shipping.

That's good to know, I don't particularly care about Euphonium at all (not my kind of show) I was just checking to see if it was adapted from something (it is) and if it was ongoing (which wikipedia says it is).

What did you think of the ending? Did you feel like everything wrapped up nicely? No spoilers please.
Also, where is the anime currently? Are we close to the end of the first novel? Is there any chance that we're getting a second season?
I felt the end of the third novel and the epilogue tied up the loose ends well. Takeda didn't solve every problem in a positive way, which felt more natural for the story that was told. I teared at the epilogue. It was a touching scene that is only known for 4 lines because people ignore story.

The anime adaptation was for the first novel (and it gets credited as such in the credits). We're nearing the end of it with this concert. I think the amount of revenue that has come into KyoAni has likely clinched a sequel, but I can't say if it's a movie or a second season.

That's good to know, I don't particularly care about Euphonium at all (not my kind of show) I was just checking to see if it was adapted from something (it is) and if it was ongoing (which wikipedia says it is).
I tried to have my post not sound as though I was calling you out personally, but the whole mindset on the internet regarding the novels. While there's plenty of funny moments like people saying the novel had no yuri tones whatsoever (which is blatantly incorrect), it's gotten annoying by the vast majority of "readers" who parrot shipping spoilers and know nothing about how the story goes nor how Takeda writes. Wiki is just another example of how little is known in English.

Vividred Operation

This is seriously one of the all time best things I have EVER watched. Quite simply beautiful and amazing with great ecchi scenes and just everything! I freaking love Vividred Operation.

Vividred Operation is about 4
5 really
girls, Akane, Himiwari, Aoi and Saegusa Wakabe who become these amazing super hero girls with the power of the Palette suit. Created by Akane's grandfather Kenjirou Isshiki, Akane is the catalyst to the entire creation and operation of this suit. Through the power of friendship, she allows Aoi, Saugusa and Himawari to also gain the powers of the Palette suit. The henshin scenes in Vividred Operation are incredible, I should honestly make some gifs of the SFW ones because they're drop dead gorgeous and sexy; especially the Vivid henshin scenes which are astonishing.

The story for Vividred Operation is rather simple, living in an idyllic world where energy and power is essentially free through a rather large and powerful machine named the Incarnate Engine (95% of the worlds energy is created from this device, also created by Kenjirou Isshiki), enemies named Alone are trying to destroy this Incarnate Engine. The reason why, we don't know, the person behind it, we also don't know. What we do know is that they must be stopped at all costs for the destruction of the Incarnate Engine would be the end of this idyllic world.

There are so many things about Vividred Operation that I could label as "best things" because I like it so much: the transformation scenes, the ecchi and nude scenes, the action scenes, the friendship theme, the absolutely eye popping art style and colors, but these are all obvious things, the biggest surprise was about Rae-chan, the 5th girl of the show who was doing things her own way for her own reasons.
As we learned more about her, I thought for the longest time that her "world" was her family and things of that nature, but when we learn she comes from a freaking parallel world because her "world" was destroyed, I was absolutely stunned. I didn't see that twist come at all and it was just wild to think Rae-chan would be involved in something so serious. Destroying the Incarnate Engine to restore her world, but being played by "them" and the Speaker from the get-go, ridiculous. The whole "them" situation is wild too, using Alones as tests to see if a world deserves to use an Incarnate Engine. The crow/speaker was hell bent and crazy too, I can't believe she ate Rae in the scene and then transformed to be this huge monster.

The girls in Vividred Operation are so incredibly cute and beautiful and gorgeous and even sexy, they're so pretty. The girls alone are all you need, to watch this anime. The henshin (transformation) scenes are all really really pretty and my goodness, the ecchi is so good. Akane holds the group together, being just all out eccentric, happy, cute and always never giving up (her seiyuu is incredibly cute too, I love the "hehe's" that she does, makes me giggle hearing that). Aoi-chan is really pretty, I love her blue eyes and accents; she has a really nice personality, always being extra polite and sincere, impossible to not like her. Saegusa is really cool too, she's strong and powerful, always wanting to get stronger and with the help of Akane, really understand what it means to be strong; she also loves really cute things like Akane's younger sister Momo and Himawari. Himawari is a super genius, mega cutie with the shyest and most reserved/timid personality out of the girls, she talks in a nigh on monotone voice, but can show her emotions when there are reasons for it. I love all the girls so much and think they're absolutely incredible.
Rae is a bit of an odd ball since she's a pseudo-antagonist for most of the season, but she's a very sweet girl who is very nice and cares about people, she just closes herself off from the world because of her mission. In the end, I really did end up liking Rae-chan, I think she was able to overcome her issues and friendship prevailed in the end, a really sweet ending was involved with her.

I shouldn't just focus on the girls alone, Akane's grandfather, Kenjirou is really cool and when he becomes
a stuffed animal that looks like an otter
was really funny. The
otter
is really well animated and I love the
teeth
and all the ridiculous faces he can pull off, so funny.

Focusing on the art style for Vividred, it's one of the best looking anime I have ever seen, the colors are so unbelievably vibrant and eye explodingly good, everyone looks great and the detail when shown is just outstanding. On visual eye candy alone, Vividred Operation surprised me so much, with my eyes opening extra wide to take in all the visual feedback that I was witnessing. Every attack the girls did, all the explosions, all the trails, all the beams and seriously, just everything in Vividred Operation looks good, fantastic, just absolutely amazing. I'll go as far to say that the CG used in Vividred Operation looked really really good too and blended really well with the hand drawn art.

Sound design and music is unbelievably good in Vividred Operation too, all the sounds sound so good and the music, wow did they nail the action music and the heartfelt music and everything. The OP and ED's used, I can't fault it at all. Just the general music and BGM used is fantastic, honestly just really good stuff.

Even knowing that this show is poorly rated because it's a focus on fan-service and most people don't like that, or the story makes zero sense at all and people feel like the pacing and motivations for everything is just whack, but I can't help but feel so in love with Vividred Operation. I teared up many times, the theme of friendship, as cliché and overused as it can be, still touches me dearly and seeing the girls go through their hardships was just enough to make me tear up; heck the last 2 episodes really brought on the watery eyes and tears fell at the absolute ending of the season.

I feel so happy today, that honestly, I don't have any faults with this show at all, not with the animation, not with the sound, not with the art-style, not with the story or it's pace, and I most definitely don't have an issue with the ecchi shown, I freaking love it!! <3

Vividred operation was REALLy enjoyable to me..it was this weird mix of aerial fights, transformations, girls kissing , shipping , friendship and little epicness.
It was a show that knew what it wanted to be , wasn't shamed by it and they just did it.
The grandfather being stuck into a ferret and havbing his real body frozen was brillant. The fact that he didn't care because it was the best way to be close to his grand daughter was also nice.
Vivid-yellow reminded me SO MUCH of the vector canon in ZOE2.
Vividred%20Operation%20-%2004.jpg

case in point
BUt yeah , i liked the designs , like the system. Vividred operation was much enjoyable.
I like it better than strike sitches.
Extollere would be so proud.
Vividred is quite enjoyable. It felt a like like Nanoha sometimes during battles and transformation and the animation was pretty good. Great character designs and fun times all around. I miss it.
It also only came out on DVD. What the hell Aniplex?
Seconded.. WHAT THE HELL ?
Seriously !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom