• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Thats quite a gif. Shirou sucks no matter what. I hate to see Rin tied down with him.

Not as good as

d4XRald.gif

What I reading the boost for manga isn't so significant like Haikyuu or AssC, would like for confirmation tho.

BD sales also straight up stunk, *sigh* one time I'm rooting for echii animu, its not doing too hot

I think Food War's is selling well (its moving the same or even more copies each week than, Assassination Classroom), the newest volume sales + continuing legacy volumes ought to push it over the 7mln mark in july 1 |2 |3, since in June it was at 6,750,000 copies out there (its added (1,654,498) more copies to its total through may 31st this year so far).

Comparing to assassination classroom doesnt really seem valid, since Assassination Classroom volumes were at >850K->1mln volumes sold before the anime even started.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think Food War's is selling well (its moving the same or even more copies each week than, Assassination Classroom), the newest volume sales + continuing legacy volumes ought to push it over the 7mln mark in july 1 |2 |3, since in June it was at 6,750,000 copies out there (its added (1,654,498) more copies to its total through may 31st this year so far).

Comparing to assassination classroom doesnt really seem valid, since Assassination Classroom volumes were at >850K->1mln volumes sold before the anime even started.

Pretty much every Shokugeki no Soma volume sold around 250K. If its selling more than that its doing better.

Shokgeuki no Soma is a series I think is actual good and I'll fight anyone to the death who disagrees.

Angry Grimace

Soma is in my top 3 currently running WSJ series with One Piece and BokuHero. When HxH comes back (lol) I'll need to bump off BokuHero though

stop

I think the only things I read out of WSJ any more are Soma and Nisekoi. My Hero is on the list, I just didn't get past Chapter 20 because that was all that was out when I read it and I forgot about it after that.

fertygo

I agree AssClass comparison can be a bit off, but those soma manga sales doesn't seem spectacular, would be more ensuring if it actually pushing to 500k

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Initially I wasn't going to watch a single PV of Prison School as I wanted to get hit with the awesomeness head on when the first episode arrived but I couldn't help myself.

It's one thing when you got Araragi, but HanaKana, and a Jormungand reunion of Koko and Valmet too? Fuuuuuuuuuuck yesssssssssssssss!

cajunator

Banned
Hearing that Yui bombshell was just as good as when the leak of it was first revealed.

10/10 show adapted from a 10/10 light novel series.

Hopefully they make volume 10.5 into an OVA to satisfy my Yahari needs.

Because we won't be getting anything else for a looooong time

KzL2eZF.png

So what you are saying is every girl is potentially best girl?
They all seem to have positives.

Going through my old anime dvds randomly and never realized in Armatage the dude is voiced by Keifer Sutherland lol. And Armatage is Jessie from Saved by the Bell haha.

Yeah thats him lol. Classic OVA.
I ate that they condensed the OVAS into a shitty movie but they released a version that has the OVAs separate again which is what I eventually bought.

The amount of hate F/SN gets here is funny. Not sure if people just hate the entire series, or loved F/Z and were disappointed by F/SN, that fanservice Illya spinoff, or UBW TV.

The series is similar to the Index/Railgun series to me. Silly, but interesting and expansive lore, with fun characters and occasionally well animated. Eventually boils down to teenagers with superpowers. Both series has a more serious and well made arc in their stories that attract more people (Fate/Zero, Railgun's Sisters Arc), but said people end up being disappointed in the rest of the series once those arcs are done. Not for everyone I suppose.

Its basically how much Shirou sucks. I like FSN otherwise but man that is a poorly written character. Every version of him. Fuck all of them.

Heaven's Feel Shirou is pretty good, so is *UBW spoilers*
Archer.

Yep. To some degree it feels like Nasu was trying to address his flaws somewhat with each route, I think he finally pulled Shirou into something decent with HF.
though considering all the shit he has to go through and Archer has to go through, I guess the message might be that Shirou is only an okay character after *this* amount of suffering. :lol

Regarding the yuri in Prison School
it doesn't occur till much later in the book, here's hoping we get that far.

Thinking back on Jormungand, I miss that show so much.

Is the first season 2-cour? If it is and it gets a second season greenlit, I think it could happen.

Shougeki no Soma-13

So Alice is pretty adorable. I like how the show mimicked Alice's "Good Day" with Erina's. Was a good way of contrasting their personalities. Alice is what Erina should be if Erina wasn't too busy being a villain.

I can't even hate on Erina though as she's clearly the villain of the show. However, any time a show has shots like these, it tells you that they're going to get fucked up bad by someone to the point that they won't be a functional human being for awhile. Someone's totally going to wreck her. This episode also continued the effective use of the ED as an outro.

She's a lot more adorable than what I imagined her to be from the manga. She looks like a zombie though.

Quasar

Aunt Tits is dumb and kinda bad but no one really acts like it isn't

I liked it catching up on it but now it's just slow shit and not even stupid shit

Well I'll say like it. Maybe as much as Prison School at times. My main beef with it is the format (7 page chapters). I guess reading it in collected editions would be better. Of course I guess seeing Minamoto-kun Monotagari distributed in the west is unlikely. Of course I would have said the same thing about Prison School. So maybe it will happen.

Sadly Nana to Kaoru will never happen though.

PK Gaming

Samurai Flamenco 9-10

Just when I thought I was getting used to the new format, the anime manages to throw a sick curveball my way. King Torture was a pretty solid villain, and I was satisfied with how the arc concluded. I hope it can keep up the momentum because it's currently very good.

Samurai Flamenco 9-10

Just when I thought I was getting used to the new format, the anime manages to throw a sick curveball my way. King Torture was a pretty solid villain, and I was satisfied with how the arc concluded. I hope it can keep up the momentum because it's currently very good.

You are in for a treat with episode 11.

Ok I had a big post going but I lost it so here goes

Hunter x Hunter Movie 2 - The Last Mission

Movie felt way more shonen tv movie then Phantom Rouge, as Phantom Rouge had loose ties to canon. This feels like a real non-canon movie with the villains, The Shadow (ugh) coming out of nowhere and meaning nothing in the long run, the villains having some new power no one has ever heard of and won't matter in the real canon and also having this magical Nen sealing drug is so non-canon movie. Despite that it feels more in tone with the actual series. The motivations are clearer - assassin group hired to do dirty work for the Government and Hunter's Association goes too far and is wiped out by Netero. They survive and want revenge, and want to release all the information proving the corruption of the Gov't and HA.

The powers are more in line with the series, the villains use On, which is like Nen based on hatred and malice. Netero, the biggest threat and target of the hatred, is trapped by one On-user's ability to restrain someone permanently and attack anyone who comes near the restrained. The activation of such a powerful ability is that the user must commit suicide, fitting for such a powerful ability and one based on hatred. Another of the villains has another lame ability, being able to make a clone of who he is fighting, which is pretty close to Omokage. He can also hack into computers or something, it was kinda a throwaway line. The main villain pretty much has an evil version of Netero's Hatsu, which thematically makes sense in this and allowed for a cool fight.The characters also felt more natural then in Phantom Rouge, especially Killua.

The movie looks better then Phantom Rouge, both style wise and animation wise. It also makes good use of the TV series' soundtrack. I liked it better then Phantom Rouge, all in all. Not much really happened at all in the middle, I imagine by tomorrow it will all be a blur to me.

Best part was Pariston doing nothing during the whole thing. I dunno why Bisque was there when she did nothing, kind of a waste. Hisoka was good too.

Considering this series will never actually end, I'm surprised there is no 3rd movie about Gyro.

World Trigger 36

An aftermath episode with some backstory of the characters.
Having read the manga its important stuff but they build on it quite a while later they are just going to play the relevant scenes again anyway.
. I only just thought now why do people even live in this area? They know that these attacks and how they occur right there so why don't they relocate? It makes little sense now that I think about it.

Initially I wasn't going to watch a single PV of Prison School as I wanted to get hit with the awesomeness head on when the first episode arrived but I couldn't help myself.

It's one thing when you got Araragi, but HanaKana, and a Jormungand reunion of Koko and Valmet too? Fuuuuuuuuuuck yesssssssssssssss!

I'm wondering if we're actually going to see an anime here or three-quarters of it is going to be censored like Terra Formars. :O

I'm wondering if we're actually going to see an anime here or three-quarters of it is going to be censored like Terra Formars. :O

To be fair if Prison School is as lewd as advertised to the point where they'd have to do lots of censors for the tv version wouldn't a shit load of censoring be better? Yeah it'd suck right now but when the uncensored blu-ray came out it'd be a glorious adaptation and not a watered down for tv piece of crap.

kewlmyc

Considering it's JCStaff, I wonder how far they're going to go with Prison School? Some of classic scenes won't be the same if JCStaff isn't willing to cross the line.

Considering it's JCStaff, I wonder how far they're going to go with Prison School? Some of classic scenes won't be the same if JCStaff isn't willing to cross the line.

I'm assuming it's only going to be worth watching when it hits blu. I got four or five episodes into Terra Formars before I just stopped. It wasn't worth it with all that censoring.

cajunator

Banned
FSN UBW 25 END

Garbage. I still can't believe this was Ufotable's follow up to Fate Zero. How do you go from that to this?

Well technically it went from FSN to FZ and then Ufotable did a remake. But mainly its just worse source material I think. A worse route in the game. Could be wrong.

You jumped into SNAFU S2 without watching season 1? I can't even comprehend this.

I started with S1. I refuse to skip to S2 without knowing what lead up to it. but I have been busy offline fixing things around the house and around town and discussing recent topics with people and generally doing anything but watching anime.

Cencoroll

Not sure what I watched exactly.... artstyle was good though.

Cencoroll is bizarre but intriguing. I think theres more being made.

Or G Gundam.

Or Shin Mazinger Z.

Or Kino's Journey.

It always warms my heart to see people from the Church of Kino spreading the word.

If you watch seasonal Anime in search of historical masterpieces and realistic stories and characters I think you are in the wrong medium. You will find those once every blue moon, the medium is full of tropes. Fate is as anime as anime can be. It's silly sure, but as much flack as it gets I see much worse not getting as much coverage. I don't consider myself a Fate die hard, but I enjoy it for what it is. We are talking about cartoons here, there's no need to be so serious or making people feel bad for liking something.

The industry unfortunately is in a position where much of it feeds on itself. Tropes beget tropes and directors build on those same tropes over and over again because thats what they know as "anime". An outside perspective is sorely needed and slow to develop but I have faith that it will happen more.

Pretty much every Shokugeki no Soma volume sold around 250K. If its selling more than that its doing better.

Shokgeuki no Soma is a series I think is actual good and I'll fight anyone to the death who disagrees.

Wow thats very solid numbers! Well deserved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom