• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
SNAFU S2 and Euphonium are the best shows this season. Shout out to Show by Rock!! and Punchline for being surprisingly entertaining as well.

Got so much anime to catch up on this weekend but I cant pry myself away from Splatoon @_@

cj_iwakura

So far this year, mostly LTTPs:

Masterful: Sega Girls, Macross Plus
Enjoyable: Durarara X2, Fate/Stay Night UBW, Toradora, Riding Bean
Good: The Idolm@ster, Yamada & The Seven Witches, Robotics;Notes
Meh: Punchline, Zeta Gundam, Sailor Moon Crystal
Trash: Sakura Trick

Oh I forgot Robot Girls Z+, which is good.

Put it in "I don't know who these mecha are" tier

Seriously they are getting so deep into obscure territory that if they introduced a mech called "Justice Assfister Motoron" I would believe it

cj_iwakura

Blasphemy

The kissing schtick got old after three episodes. It was just beating the dead horse after that. Christ, get a room. None of the side characters had any point or any real development, they were just there for extra eye candy.

It might have been interesting if their relationship had become official halfway in, like Kare Kano, and they had to cope with the consequences or get their friends to understand.

rrvv

Apparently there's a game called Yandere Simulator? You can like make your own school girl yandere and like kill people. What the fuck haha.

1hG91gM.jpg

GOTF

The kissing schtick got old after three episodes. It was just beating the dead horse after that. Christ, get a room. None of the side characters had any point or any real development, they were just there for extra eye candy.

It might have been interesting if their relationship had become official halfway in, like Kare Kano, and they had to cope with the consequences or get their friends to understand.

Hey you should watch Kekkai Sensen and Arslan Senki seeing as you have a few anime you've seen, though that's if you aren't too busy.

If we're doing so far this year including LTTPs (not all of them are on there though) it'd be something like:

Brilliant: Shirobako, Area 88, LoGH: My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars, Whisper of the Heart.
Great: Heartcatch Precure, Marie and Gali, Hime-chan's Ribbon, Akazukin Chacha, Show By Rock, Yuri Kuma Arashi.
Good: G-Reco, Death Billiards.
Alright: Gundam Build Fighters: TRY.
Terrible: Tomoe's Run.

Cornbread78

Plastic Memories ep.9
Damn, I mean damn. It's tough to watch this and not cringe at the outcome we'very know since the first episode. Although I can see why some would be dissatisfied that this has turned out to be a straight romance/drama series, I have fully embraced the story and lead up to the last few episodes. There is huge potential in this world to really expand the story and branch off in many directions and maybe that is what they plan on doing with the future LN adaptations announced for next year. For now, where are fully in the midst of a heartfelt love story of Tsukasa & Isla. The previous episodes about the wonders and the reclaims were purposely structured to further intensify the feeling of loss and the further pain of trying to run away from it. There is no way around it, there is nothing but a painful future end. Tsukasa should have just gone straight human and gone all in on Michiru, but again, that would have detracted from the emotional edge the show provides. I still wonder what the point that the last scene provides, they both understand the weight of the situation, so why?

Honestly, this is an original anime series, but I can't help but feel (and hope they do) that they have something bigger planned for it, however, right now, I'll take this sappy and saddening love story and be ready to cry along at the ending to come because they have done a great job putting you in a place where you can feel for the characters. Damn

Principate

Saint Titanfall
But that's exactly what it was supposed to be?

Kinda but the show added unneccessay filler, like way way too much and kept on repeating the same damn lines that were only mentioned once in the VN. It also managed to completely kill any excitement fight had. There's a reason why in the VN, Shirou says "I am the bone of my sword", the track Emiya kicks, through has his realisations (none of which is mentioned before that moment) and the fight ends shortly afterwards, it's one continuous climax. In the VN Shirou and Archer barely speak during the fight, outside of Archer's occasional taunting, and the Kiritsugu flashback, it's mostly Shirou's, thoughts, as in the they weren't actually arguing in the later part is was just fighting and that fighting served a distinct purpose.

It works well because It's later contrasted by Archer's own thoughts and realisations.

Also seems kinda like laziness the Ufotable couldn't be bothered showing the fighting style contrast, there was a reason why in the VN, after Shirou, said I am the bone of my sword, he completely disguards Archer's fighting style,, which cause Archer to remark shocked that despite, how pitful, he was completely lacking in style or effectiveness his blows seemed much heavier, and then a bunch of introspection from that point. Of course that require them to have had a consistent notable choregraphy in this fight, which it really didn't have.

Mature

The best show this season is, by a good margin, Kyoukai no Rinne. Why are so few people watching it, here?
I watched a few episodes and it seemed pretty alright. Though the source material is only passable— I don't think there's anything inspired in terms of the story or its execution therein. Which is pretty much what I remember from the few volumes of the manga I read a few years back. I plan on continuing it at some point though.

Code Geass episode 1

This show is ridiculous.

Everybody is drawn way too skinny. It's like an anorexic's paradise. I'm not sure why they made that artistic decision. It's a very ugly art style. And then the actual pilots themselves... when they step into the Frames, instead of wearing something utilitarian and practical, they're wearing stuff like full length flowing dresses with gold embroidery. What the hell is that?

The show seems overly preoccupied with nonsense like going to high school and pleasing the class president and ugh. Like, I thought this show was gonna be about overthrowing nations and politics and intrigue. Instead, there's all this high school bullshit that I can't stand.

The Knightmare Frames (lol wtf? I guess it's better than "Vertical Tank" tho) themselves seem impractical. They're skating around and running on walls and doing flips and it's hard to believe. Then their main weapons seem to be these hook shots that they shoot out and then retract. I dunno why they don't just use guns. Bullets seem like they'd be more useful.

I'm not feelin it.

Code Geass episode 1

This show is ridiculous.

Everybody is drawn way too skinny. It's like an anorexic's paradise. I'm not sure why they made that artistic decision.

The show seems overly preoccupied with nonsense like going to high school and pleasing the class president and ugh. Like, I thought this show was gonna be about overthrowing nations and politics and intrigue. Instead, there's all this high school bullshit that I can't stand.

The Knightmare Frames (lol wtf) themselves seem impractical. They're skating around and running on walls and doing flips and it's hard to believe. Then their main weapons seem to be these hook shots that they shoot out and then retract. I dunno why they don't just use guns. Bullets seem like they'd be more useful.

I'm not feelin it.

With regards to the bolded, CLAMP.

Give it a few more episodes. This is one of my favourite shows in just how crazy it all is.

Seriously, keep going. There's much, much, more to this show than you think.

santeesioux

I'm kind of hyped for Michiko and Hatchin on Toonami, first show I'm going to watch on it since Space Dandy since they've been getting nothing but shows I've seen lately.

Can someone tell me again why people hated Matsuoka voicing Soma when it was first announced?

Was it because of leftover hate for voicing the guy on SAO? Or having numerous other roles?

Because the guy has been really solid as Soma these 9 episodes.

Especially, when he's having to be full of confidence and teasing someone else.

Can someone tell me again why people hated Matsuoka voicing Soma when it was first announced?

Was it because of leftover hate for voicing the guy on SAO? Or having numerous other roles?

Especially, when he's having to be full of confidence or teasing someone else.

It was because of Kirito, and not thinking the voice worked.

The voice does work though

TUSR

Banned

Especially, when he's having to be full of confidence and teasing someone else.

gary stu kirito-kun

Plastic Memories 9
Basically falling into the pitfall I feared it would fall into. A weak romance plot that will probably end bittersweetly. At least Isla was cute in those pajamas

cajunator

Banned
Etotama 01-04

Well I finally got around to watching this and I'm actually pretty impressed. The humor has been really good, the characters are fun and the CG has been amazing. Nya-tan can be slightly annoying sometimes but I like how she and the others play off each other. Uri-tan though... I wasn't expecting that at all.

Yeah this show has been pretty enjoyable. I didnt see THAT coming. Made me sad but lets see where this all goes.

Tuck

Kekkai Sensen - 9
First half wa sonly ok - felt like we came into the middle of the story and it wasn't clear (nor did it become clear) what was going on. Was it a continuation from last week? I forget. I thought last week's episode had a definitive conclusion.

Second half was better.

Code Geass episode 1

This show is ridiculous.

Everybody is drawn way too skinny. It's like an anorexic's paradise. I'm not sure why they made that artistic decision. It's a very ugly art style. And then the actual pilots themselves... when they step into the Frames, instead of wearing something utilitarian and practical, they're wearing stuff like full length flowing dresses with gold embroidery. What the hell is that?

The Knightmare Frames (lol wtf? I guess it's better than "Vertical Tank" tho) themselves seem impractical. They're skating around and running on walls and doing flips and it's hard to believe. Then their main weapons seem to be these hook shots that they shoot out and then retract. I dunno why they don't just use guns. Bullets seem like they'd be more useful.

I'm not feelin it.

Yeah I wasn't big on the art style either. But the show gets pretty crazy. One plot twist in particular...

I'd give it a few episodes. But you will need to turn your brain off, if you can.

Cornbread78

Danmachi ep.9
Looks like Bell-kun got a new running mate and he seems like a pretty cool guy that wants to be treated as an equal like he treats Lili. Plus, the new
ability Bell has is way OP, but it actually fits his Argonaut/Hero status perfectly
This show continues to be pretty good, but it's a shame we are only going to get 1 season out if it with no ending as of right now. They have the world, characters and opportunity to make something really huge out of this.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's okay to shittalk modern Rumiko, but only if you've seen Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikkoku.

It's okay to shittalk modern Rumiko, but only if you've seen Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikkoku.

I'm willing to put Ranma out there as a sacrificial lamb I guess (but don't tell my roommate, because it's her favorite series ever), but I won't accept bad words against Inuyasha. I know it's not "cool" to like Inuyasha, but I love it to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom