• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kekkai Sensen - 9
First half wa sonly ok - felt like we came into the middle of the story and it wasn't clear (nor did it become clear) what was going on. Was it a continuation from last week? I forget. I thought last week's episode had a definitive conclusion.

Second half was better.

No it was a continuation from last week considering the episode is called Z's Longest Day Part 2. They were looking for the other half of the Bloodbreed since they caught the bottom half. Plus they did say from last week the apprentice of the Master would arrive whom is the Fishman named Zed in episode 9.

Tuck

No it was a continuation from last week considering the episode is called Z's Longest Day Part 2. They were looking for the other half of the Bloodbreed since they caught the bottom half. Plus they did say from last week the apprentice of the Master would arrive whom is the Fishman named Zed in episode 9.

Hmmm ok maybe I should rewatch the pair of episodes.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm willing to put Ranma out there as a sacrificial lamb I guess (but don't tell my roommate, because it's her favorite series ever), but I won't accept bad words against Inuyasha. I know it's not "cool" to like Inuyasha, but I love it to death.

Inuyasha's a hard sell because it's a combination of two things that people absolutely hate: episodic writing (aka "fillurrr") and shounen action. I recognize that it takes an eclectic confluence of interests to continue enjoying as an older fan, but I also agree that its reputation is worse than it deserves. Especially after watching Urusei Yatsura, you can really appreciate Takahashi's passion for yokai mythology.

Arcadius

Banned
Moyashimon Returns

Great anime. I like the art a lot and the microbes continue to be really cute. Best thing about Returns is that the microbes have more screen time and were integrated into the show a lot better than the first season. Worst thing about Returns was the constant focus on Hasegawa. The story is neat, but I didn't exactly appreciate the fact that it ended up being all about her in the end. It's probably the biggest problem I have with Returns.

The first season, is a lot better for me. It's funny, laugh out loud great stuff, heck the first episode is a wild ride of laughter! I never really got that type of laugh out loud funny from this season. The faces were great though, that continued to be a great laugh for me, but still, fell short from the first season.

It's not a bad anime at all, but seeing as how I've given just about everything I've seen 10's, this is the first 7-8 for me. Only really recommended if you liked Moyashimon to begin with.

I love the educational value from the Moyashimon and Moyashimon Returns though, it's got me real curious about wanting to try sake.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm glad Michiko to Hatchin is finally getting some modicum of attention. It's a good show that nobody cared about and promptly forgot.

I do expect some complaints because of how slow the pacing is though.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
rumiko rankings

urusei yatsura >>>>>>>> ranma up until happosei shows up > maison ikkou > inuyasha > whatevs > the burning pits of hell >>>>>>>>>>>> ranma with happosei

ibyea

Banned
Kekkai Sensen - 9
First half wa sonly ok - felt like we came into the middle of the story and it wasn't clear (nor did it become clear) what was going on. Was it a continuation from last week? I forget. I thought last week's episode had a definitive conclusion.

Second half was better.

Yeah I wasn't big on the art style either. But the show gets pretty crazy. One plot twist in particular...

I'd give it a few episodes. But you will need to turn your brain off, if you can.

Hence why me and my brother dropped the show like 10-15 episodes in.

cajunator

Banned
Inuyasha's a hard sell because it's a combination of two things that people absolutely hate: episodic writing (aka "fillurrr") and shounen action. I recognize that it takes an eclectic confluence of interests to continue enjoying as an older fan, but I also agree that its reputation is worse than it deserves. Especially after watching Urusei Yatsura, you can really appreciate Takahashi's passion for yokai mythology.

I wasnt a huge fan of Inuyasha but I really loved everything about Sango.

Baalzebup

I'm willing to put Ranma out there as a sacrificial lamb I guess (but don't tell my roommate, because it's her favorite series ever), but I won't accept bad words against Inuyasha. I know it's not "cool" to like Inuyasha, but I love it to death.

Inuyasha was excellent to a point. Pretty much everything up to and including the Shichinintai was good stuff, but somewhere after that it started to wane. The endless circle of upgraded Tessaiga / Naraku became kinda ass. The last bits with Sesshoumaru getting his totally OP original blade and such were badass and the bit way before, with him visiting his mother and everything that happened there was good.

Overall, I liked it a lot, but it did kinda overstay its welcome. It did improve again at the endgame, so there is that.

As for Ranma, all the filler junk wore me off. I love the manga for what it is, but the anime can stay buried for all I care. Maison Ikkoku is love.

Quasar

Moyashimon Returns

Great anime. I like the art a lot and the microbes continue to be really cute. Best thing about Returns is that the microbes have more screen time and were integrated into the show a lot better than the first season. Worst thing about Returns was the constant focus on Hasegawa. The story is neat, but I didn't exactly appreciate the fact that it ended up being all about her in the end. It's probably the biggest problem I have with Returns.

The first season, is a lot better for me. It's funny, laugh out loud great stuff, heck the first episode is a wild ride of laughter! I never really got that type of laugh out loud funny from this season. The faces were great though, that continued to be a great laugh for me, but still, fell short from the first season.

It's not a bad anime at all, but seeing as how I've given just about everything I've seen 10's, this is the first 7-8 for me. Only really recommended if you liked Moyashimon to begin with.

I love the educational value from the Moyashimon and Moyashimon Returns though, it's got me real curious about wanting to try sake.

I loved it. Was one of my rare 8's along with S1. So would have watched a third season.

Really bummed we only got 2 volumes of the manga in the west. Really should try the live action too one day.

One other thing about Kyoukai no Rinne is that the main character, Sakura Mamiya, is pretty much completely awesome. Seriously, she's a great protagonist, the way that she is totally unafraid of any of the supernatural things she's seen is great.

I would hope most people are sick of following Rumiko Takahashi works
No way, it reminded me of how much I'd missed Rumiko Takahashi animes! It's good and I hope it stays on the air for quite some time. :)

Inuyasha, Ranma, and Urusei Yatsura are all very good series, I like all three a lot. Ranma is probably my favorite, but yeah, I like Inuyasha. It's a good series. I've watched most to all of the TV anime episodes of both Ranma and Inuyasha, though there are a few movies/OVAs for each I think I missed. As for UY, haven't watched as much of that, but I should, it's something I definitely want to watch most of at some point.

As for criticism of Inuyasha, it repeated on Cartoon Network's anime blocks for years and years for a reason, it's a good show and people liked it.

While I don't think its the best show this season I have found it to be entertaining enough. I'm also a sucker for Rumiko Takahashi character designs.
Yeah, and writing too! Her writing has a unique style I definitely like.

I watched a few episodes and it seemed pretty alright. Though the source material is only passable— I don't think there's anything inspired in terms of the story or its execution therein. Which is pretty much what I remember from the few volumes of the manga I read a few years back. I plan on continuing it at some point though.
The manga isn't quite at Ranma or Inuyasha's level, that is true, but it is good, even if it doesn't have Inuyasha's scope or comedy quite as good Ranma's. It's a different kind of series from either of those, though -- there's a lot less fighting in Rinne than in Ranma or Inuyasha, and more comedy and drama. I think the style mostly works.

Inuyasha was excellent to a point. Pretty much everything up to and including the Shichinintai was good stuff, but somewhere after that it started to wane. The endless circle of upgraded Tessaiga / Naraku became kinda ass. The last bits with Sesshoumaru getting his totally OP original blade and such were badass and the bit way before, with him visiting his mother and everything that happened there was good.

Overall, I liked it a lot, but it did kinda overstay its welcome. It did improve again at the endgame, so there is that.

As for Ranma, all the filler junk wore me off. I love the manga for what it is, but the anime can stay buried for all I care. Maison Ikkoku is love.
It's not "filler", it's episodic. That's how Urusei Yatsura, Ranma, Inuyasha, and Rinne all work. Very episodic, there are continuing stories (particularly in Inuyasha of course) but most episodes stand alone.

jman2050

Inuyasha was a great show until it spent its last 70% retreading old ground infinitely until oh hey it ended and everything is cool now.

It turns out applying the same episodic structure you used for your comedies to a more dramatic series doesn't actually work all that well!

Crocodile

I'm glad Michiko to Hatchin is finally getting some modicum of attention. It's a good show that nobody cared about and promptly forgot.

It was a show I always had my eye on (unique setting for an anime, excellent style, the type of protagonists you don't see in a lot of anime, etc.) but I never got a chance to make time for it. I'm glad the universe decided to fix that mistake for me.

Cornbread78

Little Busters ep.15-17
Ep.15 bringing out the comedy routine with the sleep-over in the girls dorm
little_busters-15-riki-trap-joso-crossdressing-girls_uniform-blush-embarrassed-sparkles.jpg

The whole Episode was really well done and, of course, Riki figures out what is going on and plays along, what a great childhood friend.

They a new arc starts for Saigusa, which is crazy stuff.
This show follows a pattern of putting a comedic episode in between each arc to balance out the drama, but as as whole I'm still loving the show, and I don't want to stop!
However, I have to dig more into Type-0 tonight, it's been a long time coming!

ibyea

Banned

I watched one episode and then forgot to keep watching it years ago. Gosh darn it!

ibyea

Banned
A good show that nobody cared about and promptly forgot?

Maybe they should put Dennou Coil on Toonami.

Another show I watched an episode years ago that I forgot to keep continuing. D: Which reminds me I still have to finish Time of Eve. Do'h!

Baalzebup

It's not "filler", it's episodic. That's how Urusei Yatsura, Ranma, Inuyasha, and Rinne all work. Very episodic, there are continuing stories (particularly in Inuyasha of course) but most episodes stand alone.

Filler, anime original content, whatever. I just found those parts to be, 9 times out of 10, to be so much worse than the parts that came from the manga that I ended up disliking them. Can't say how I would consider them if I hadn't read the manga first, as I did and thus all the additional Tea Ceremony stuff and other such material became elements which I actively hated. Edit: And the makers of the anime need to burn, forever, for turning the Chestnut fist training into a special technique instead of just being a specialized speed training that it was.

Oh hey, new thread!

Kekkai Sensen 08-09

Finally we get some more backstory on just who White and Black are (whose names are actually William and Mary). It's too bad that this show is only 1 cour because I don't think that dumping all the major plot elements in the span of three episodes makes for good pacing. Anyone know how well this show is doing? They may be saving stuff for season 2.

We got to see more Zapp too! This dude is such a schlup. He reminds me a lot of Space Dandy, another character I really liked. His Blood Art master was also awesome, and throws shade like it was breathing to him.

Animation and music as always were top tier. Humor and writing was top tier as well.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 24 (engDub)

Sion be stoked to use the transit pass was hilarious. I love when kids of his class in anime get to use typical everyday conveniences.

I hope they keep Team Unnamed.

todd360

Little Busters ep.15-17
Ep.15 bringing out the comedy routine with the sleep-over in the girls dorm
little_busters-15-riki-trap-joso-crossdressing-girls_uniform-blush-embarrassed-sparkles.jpg

The whole Episode was really well done and, of course, Riki figures out what is going on and plays along, what a great childhood friend.

They a new arc starts for Saugus, which is crazy stuff.
This show follows a pattern of putting a comedic episode in between each arc to balance out the drama, but as as whole I'm still loving the show, and I don't want to stop!
However, I have to dig more into Type-0 tonight, it's been a long time coming!

Don't stop watching. This show is so good.

Moaradin

Oh hey, new thread!

Kekkai Sensen 08-09

Finally we get some more backstory on just who White and Black are (whose names are actually William and Mary). It's too bad that this show is only 1 cour because I don't think that dumping all the major plot elements in the span of three episodes makes for good pacing. Anyone know how well this show is doing? They may be saving stuff for season 2.

We got to see more Zapp too! This dude is such a schlup. He reminds me a lot of Space Dandy, another character I really liked. His Blood Art master was also awesome, and throws shade like it was breathing to him.

Animation and music as always were top tier. Humor and writing was top tier as well.

His English dub voice is Space Dandy lol

Kyousougiga Episode 5

6QevTkF.jpg

Oh my goodness the art direction is just jaw dropping.😮😮😮

I have to repeat this again but is this really from Toei because holy crap this is such a great show. I loved how beautifully presented that scene is with how both Myoue and Koto exchange words and interact together. The music in the episode was really great. Also +1 to Myoue's girlfriend for her skills at cooking and being nice and understanding.

Finally what? Did Myoue
just tell Koto to kill him
once they find the black rabbit? Please tell me there's a good reason for this.

Oh hey, new thread!

Kekkai Sensen 08-09

Well BD preorders are doing really well and the manga is getting a boost, so chances for a season 2 are high.

Double post.😌

Puruzi

Banned
One of my friends keeps trying to show me how cool Tera battle is and I see him moving some squares on a screen

Wtf

Cornbread78

Don't stop watching. This show is so good.

Little Busters ep. 18
I just finished the SaigUSA arc so I can move on with a clear mind. I gotta give it to the writer, the past two arcs have been bat-shit crazy. The dude has quite the imagination between his ears to come up with this stuff. Very emotionally driven, but out there for sure. I wasn't expecting this type of stuff to happen at all when I fired this series up, but it's been a good crazy ride.

Woaaah, haven't had time to catch up on the anime. Been amongst family, same thing tomorrow, it's starting to pile up. I'm gonna do one now before bed and leave the rest

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan 1

Okay this is pretty funny. Ryoko might be the best part of this show if the first episode is any indication. Liking both the show and the dub so far.

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 45

Aw yeah, off to a great start. I think one of the reasons I find Dio's World so compelling is he feels so appropriately "final boss"-ish as it were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom