• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix asks fans for Nintendo DS project

Neutron Night said:
And you want this for the DS instead of the PS3/Revolution/Xbox2 because....

Oh yeah, the touch screen. The touch screen conquers all. Who needs anything else when you can TOUCH the damn SCREEN. You're moving your finger or stylus or whatever across the screen, instead of the stick or d-pad or whatever. First we landed on the moon, now THIS. Thank you Nintendo for saving us from this hell of overpowered systems with way too many buttons and an overabundance of production values. My head hurts.

I want them because I enjoy the handheld industry. Despite my little enjoyment for consoles, you don't see me griping when I see new stuff coming to them, do I? Hell, if I can enjoy my gaming anywhere at anytime, with the same type of fun as I can with consoles and not be bothered with all these other devices just to play, then I'm quite happy. Come on now, let's be reasonable here, you want companies to completely alienate those who own a handheld and buy software along with their console software? Yeah, that's going to happen very soon.

Your gripes about the industry always make me laugh. It's as if you completely forgot the entire purpose of the handhelds. Why do they have graphical power much lower than consoles? Why are they cheaper? Why does Nintendo strive for long batter life? Oh that's right, portability. Until I can take my console with me, play it whenever and wherever for a decent amount of time. I'll understand your complaints.

I've yet to see a decent reason from you as to why handheld gaming is completely bad, and useless.

Mareg

Neutron Night said:
First we landed on the moon, now THIS.

Thx Neutron for the good laugh !!!
Still, I don't consider Treasure Hunter G (Aka treasure of the rudras) a reharsh cause we never got it on this side of the ocean. Anyway, I know many of you never got to experiance this game and I think it would be a great chance to up the quality of recent Square... preventing them from giving us an other yawn game.

Come on now, let's be reasonable here, you want companies to completely alienate those who own a handheld and buy software along with their console software? Yeah, that's going to happen very soon.

I want companies to cater to my every whim, while ignoring the existence of the rest of humanity. Is that so wrong?

I've yet to see a decent reason from you as to why handheld gaming is completely bad, and useless.

I loved handheld gaming when I was a kid, and I actually traveled around on road trips and 13-hour plane rides and other crap. Now I don't do that much anymore, so I have no need for portablity.

Shoryuken

Neutron Night said:
I want companies to cater to my every whim, while ignoring the existence of the rest of humanity. Is that so wrong?

I loved handheld gaming when I was a kid, and I actually traveled around on road trips and 13-hour plane rides and other crap. Now I don't do that much anymore, so I have no need for portablity.

So because it's not useful to you anymore, it's suddenly useless. That's really stupid. For people who travel or have long commutes portable gaming (or any form of portable entertainment) still holds a lot of value.

Rudra no Hihou and Treasure Hunter G are two totally different games. Rudra has a fascinating writing-based magic system and some go the most gorgeous music I have ever heard in an RPG.

Treasure Hunter G has prerendered looking sprites and a semi strategic battle system. The main characters are presumably the basis for Red and Bleu in Saga Frontier.

shuri

Banned
FRONT MISSION! For fucks safe, enough with the cookie cutter bs. We want new shit. Front Mission would actually be the only frigging game on that list that could actually use the two screen setup

Soul4ger

akascream said:
How about a Secret of Mana port. HELLO MULTIPLAYER. Just fix it so the menu doesn't pause everyone's game.

You forget the second screen! There's no need to pause. Just put menus on there, with touch sensitivity, and you can whiz through anything, no problem.

I'd have no beef with any of these games.

Mareg

Diomedeskun said:
Rudra no Hihou and Treasure Hunter G are two totally different games. Rudra has a fascinating writing-based magic system and some go the most gorgeous music I have ever heard in an RPG.

Treasure Hunter G has prerendered looking sprites and a semi strategic battle system. The main characters are presumably the basis for Red and Bleu in Saga Frontier.

Ok, thx for clearing that out. The game I was refering to was realy Rudra no Hihou. I was assuming from other post they were the same. I never played Hunter G.
I urge everyone to try that game Rudra (if you can find it... I won't say how) and then tell me if square has done anything better ! This game simply scream for an official remake/port on GB.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Chrono Trigger is a no-brainer

GDGF

Soothsayer
Actually, what about that Radical Dreamers game I keep hearing about? Apparently, It was a Chrono Trigger sequel that was only released on Nintendo's BS (that's broadcast satellite, for the smartasses) system in Japan. I don't really know anything about it other than that, but it could be good for a DS port.

FRONT MISSION! For fucks safe, enough with the cookie cutter bs. We want new shit. Front Mission would actually be the only frigging game on that list that could actually use the two screen setup

You complain about a lack of new stuff, then go on to ask for another remake of a game that's already been remade twice?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
shuri said:
INCORRECT.
Hanjyuku Eiyuu would not only benefit, it would soar!
But they're already making one for the DS anyway. Well, some variant at least.

And cram it with the port hate people. It gives the kiddies a look at the past, and gives us solid games to play when new releases may be shaky on the quality.
Plus, I don't mind having copies of my games that I don't have to blow into.

Zilch

Banned
Actually, what about that Radical Dreamers game I keep hearing about? Apparently, It was a Chrono Trigger sequel that was only released on Nintendo's BS (that's broadcast satellite, for the smartasses) system in Japan. I don't really know anything about it other than that, but it could be good for a DS port.

Radical Dreamers is basically a text adventure.

firex

The more pertinent issue is - Why did GA allow Gamefaqs to port Neutron Night to their forums? He wasn't even their best exclusive.

Radical Dreamers would not be likely to see the light of day again, as the Chrono Cross team wanted to include it as an extra, but Masato Kato said no. Chrono Cross incorporates many elements of it, but is an alternative storyline. Kid and Serge are also very different characters in it.

You can't blame companies for making ports, you can only blame the people that buy them.

And how can you blame them? Those games are good.

And nice brain use with the "I want companies to ignore the profitable market that is the handheld industry so they can make more games for consoles that are already completely saturated with AAA games, DUH...."

Do you use your head outside of those extremely depressive and lonely gaps of time that come in between every Final Fantasy game?

Ristamar

A juiced up, WiFi/LAN enabled Secret of Mana port would totally rock. Enhance the graphics, add some extra content...
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

The more pertinent issue is - Why did GA allow Gamefaqs to port Neutron Night to their forums? He wasn't even their best exclusive.

What? There is a Neutron Night on Gamefaqs? Are you serious? I always choose names that are as original as possible. I have to check on this.

Top Bottom