• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

The Dude

Same with bacta. Trying to kill someone that you got down to 10% who suddenly tosses a bacta to the ground and is invincible while returning fire at you is beyond stupid.

Yea I agree, just awful skill cards. I don't mind a little cheese, but bah gawd

leng jai

Personal shield isn't much better and it's been there from day one. The problem with a lot of the cards/skills in this game is that they don't enhance game play or require much skill, they're essentially just temporary 'cheats'. Bacta is just an instant heal plus an overshield, disrupter just disables your opponent so they can't do anything, pulse scan is just a wall hack and explosive shot is just a damage boost. None of them have any real drawbacks and the cost to buy them is negligible.

Palpable

Personal shield isn't much better and it's been there from day one. The problem with a lot of the cards/skills in this game is that they don't enhance game play or require much skill, they're essentially just temporary 'cheats'. Bacta is just an instant heal plus an overshield, disrupter just disables your opponent so they can't do anything, pulse scan is just a wall hack and explosive shot is just a damage boost. None of them have any real drawbacks and the cost to buy them is negligible.

Personal shield can be countered with melee, the cycler, or *shudders* the scatter gun. The bacta mist stays there for a hot second and while they're in it, they are INVINCIBLE. Forget the stupid overshield. They don't even take damage when in the mist. I keep encountering players that charge at me after I've nearly killed them and drop a bacta in front of them, sit in the mist, and they shoot back. There's nothing I can do. The disruptor needs balancing. I can't even do a cooling flush for a solid 3 seconds. It STAYS overheated.

leng jai

Personal shield can be countered with melee, the cycler, or *shudders* the scatter gun. The bacta mist stays there for a hot second and while they're in it, they are INVINCIBLE. Forget the stupid overshield. They don't even take damage when in the mist. I keep encountering players that charge at me after I've nearly killed them and drop a bacta in front of them, sit in the mist, and they shoot back. There's nothing I can do. The disruptor needs balancing. I can't even do a cooling flush for a solid 3 seconds. It STAYS overheated.

Yeah but I've encountered way too many people who simply pop personal shield when they are about to die and then jet pack away. That's just as daft as all the other stuff, but yeah at least there are counters.

I really shouldnt have to change my Loadouts all day, because the meta of the game sadly changed to the worst.

Personal Shield should have never happened.

God i hope Battlefront 2 will remove some of the garbage.

Agree about Bacta Bomb and Distruptor too.

Palpable

I really shouldnt have to change my Loadouts all day, because the meta of the game sadly changed to the worst.

Personal Shield should have never happened.

God i hope Battlefront 2 will remove some of the garbage.

Agree about Bacta Bomb and Distruptor too.

Personal shield is easy to deal with. Cycler rifle puts them in their place. I'd much rather people use personal shields than bacta, disrupt, explosive shot, scan pulse, etc.

Personal Shield is great for objective play. I'll agree that it was stupid when you could still use grenades while it was active, but now its balanced great.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Shield is fine IMO because it's risk/reward and has legit strategic use especially in Walker Assault where it can be the crutch to activate/disable a capture point. It's counterable to people with the right loadouts while disabling your ability to engage in entanglements (unless you go melee, which is also fun).

Bacta can fuck right off. It's a crutch tool with zero negatives with the exception of taking up a slot. Which is irrelevant given it's 100% useful in every single engagement scenario. At least with shield you need to consider your strategy, even if that means retreating. And while that can be annoying to the offence, it can work in your favour as you maintain a strategic foothold on the terrain and push forward. There's none of that with bacta. I actually thought at first that all bacta did was heal, which might be fine, but that fucking damage buffer takes the cake. Like...why?

What gpu did you have prior? I've my 980 ti,been debating a 1080 but not sure it's worth the jump. I want the 1080 ti but I feel I'll be waiting a bit

980 Ti lol. Honestly the jump isn't crazy. Like...10 - 15 fps depending. But I'm playing at 1440p too, and the VRAM is tasty headroom.

I'm totally going to get a 1080 Ti when the time comes though. I'm such a sucker.

The Dude

Yea I admit I use scan pulse but my only thing about it is this, it doesn't physically render someone useless. Now If they got rid of it tomorrow id be ok with that, i simply like to use it when I lose someone if I'm fighting or if a chase is happening and I lose someone, or if I know there's a group I like to get a glimpse. But the key is while I see them quickly they can still move, shoot, react... Really good players can still react at times and get me quickly....i just don't feel the card is OP. It's a little cheesy but nothing that's just pure OP bullshit like bacta and disruptor.

And yea I want the 1080 ti, but I'm also the type that just gets the itch lol but I'll probably hold off on the 1080. If it was 30% difference I might make the jump.

Also I never had a Titan, bought the ti models.... Maybe I'll try a 1080 titan when it rolls into town

Yea I admit I use scan pulse but my only thing about it is this, it doesn't physically render someone useless. Now If they got rid of it tomorrow id be ok with that, i simply like to use it when I lose someone if I'm fighting or if a chase is happening and I lose someone, or if I know there's a group I like to get a glimpse. But the key is while I see them quickly they can still move, shoot, react... Really good players can still react at times and get me quickly....i just don't feel the card is OP. It's a little cheesy but nothing that's just pure OP bullshit like bacta and disruptor.

And yea I want the 1080 ti, but I'm also the type that just gets the itch lol but I'll probably hold off on the 1080. If it was 30% difference I might make the jump.

Also I never had a Titan, bought the ti models.... Maybe I'll try a 1080 titan when it rolls into town

Scan pulse is fine imo. At launch it was a bit op, but now, certainly after the latest patch, it's a fair, but still very usable card.

Nice. I really like the look and sound of the Relby, but it certainly could use a buff.

The Dude

Yea Im glad they adjusted scan pulse, at first it was a bit much... I actually try to play many matches without using it so that I don't lean on it to much. But I just haven't found another card that I truly love, so scan has been it for me mainly.

But yea, whoever came up with how bacta and disruptor works needs to diaf

5taquitos

Yea Im glad they adjusted scan pulse, at first it was a bit much... I actually try to play many matches without using it so that I don't lean on it to much. But I just haven't found another card that I truly love, so scan has been it for me mainly.

But yea, whoever came up with how bacta and disruptor works needs to diaf

Bacta and Disruptor can be easily fixed:

*Bacta - Only work on teammates, provide an instant health buff with no lasting invulnerability.

*Disruptor - Allow disrupted opponents to begin the cooling flush process immediately instead of forcing victims to wait several seconds before the flush begins.

Bacta and Disruptor can be easily fixed:

*Bacta - Only work on teammates, provide an instant health buff with no lasting invulnerability.

*Disruptor - Allow disrupted opponents to begin the cooling flush process immediately instead of forcing victims to wait several seconds before the flush begins.

They may as well scrap Bacta if that's the fix because nobody will carry it. A better fix is that resets health to 100 rather than exceeding AND it works equally on friends and foe. The last part is crucial. In HvV the health pick-ups spawned by Leia and Palpatine work the same -- they can be used by heroes on both sides

As for Disruption my fix would be for it to disrupt everybody including the user. That way it is used more for defensive purposes and the person using it has to use another star card to make the kill and you'll be jeopardizing your own teammates. Also make the radius smaller.

MADGAME

As for Disruption my fix would be for it to disrupt everybody including the user. That way it is used more for defensive purposes and the person using it has to use another star card to make the kill and you'll be jeopardizing your own teammates. Also make the radius smaller.

Speederbike team killing griefers are salivating while reading this. I can see them now, running around disrupting everyone on their own team for the sake of being an asshole.

Speederbike team killing griefers are salivating while reading this. I can see them now, running around disrupting everyone on their own team for the sake of being an asshole.
Well, in that case apply the standard friendly fire rule. Only the user and the enemy. So in 99% of cases you can only get one kill from using disruption and that would require using up the other star card slot (and also means forgoing jet pack).

LoveCake

It seems to have crept back into Bespin, when playing people simply don't seem to know what to do on Sabotage or Walker Assault.

Why don't people playing as Rebel activate the uplinks or generators, why are they just running about ignoring them, because when playing as the Empire people know that they need to be shut down, starting to get tiring now, it is not like they are new players because you can tell by the skins they are using.

When playing as a Hero I always try and turn the uplinks or generators on or protect them, usually I just see the Hero's running about :/

Palpable

They may as well scrap Bacta if that's the fix because nobody will carry it. A better fix is that resets health to 100 rather than exceeding AND it works equally on friends and foe. The last part is crucial. In HvV the health pick-ups spawned by Leia and Palpatine work the same -- they can be used by heroes on both sides

That's a horrible idea to fix disruption. It'll only enable trolls to run around and disrupt their own teammates for the 'fun' of it.

Bacta healing the user is fine, but the mist should only be allowed to heal you ONCE. Not be allowed to heal constantly while you're in it. That, and remove the overshield and I think it'll be fine.

If disrupt had a smaller area of effect and the overheat didn't last several seconds before allowing a cooling flush, then it'd be more balanced.

I've been thinking about finally buying some of the DLC for Battlefront but am unsure if I should get the Season Pass or only buy Bespin and Death Star once it comes out. Is Outer Rim worth it?

Dantooine

Banned
I've been thinking about finally buying some of the DLC for Battlefront but am unsure if I should get the Season Pass or only buy Bespin and Death Star once it comes out. Is Outer Rim worth it?

The heroes are both fun to play and Extraction is one if the best modes in the game. I prefer Outer Rim to Bespin because of Extraction.

The Dude

I'm a full embarrassed for disruptor users. You can tell the guys that use it nonstop racking up the kills think they're really good, kind of embarrassing imho

PrankT

Are they that much better than the Jedi characters or Bob Fett though?
It's not out of the norm to go on 50+ kill streaks with Greedo and Nien. Jedi characters are nice for indoor use and powering through an objective, but I don't have as much fun with them and I usually take constant chip damage so the streaks don't last as long. I also find Boba boring.

leng jai

Greedo is so OP ...

- Long range scan pulse
- Quick cooldown dioxis/thermal detonator/thermal imploder (depending on how hot you are)
- multi target quick fire with the DT-12

That sounds ridiculous.

It's not out of the norm to go on 50+ kill streaks with Greedo and Nien. Jedi characters are nice for indoor use and powering through an objective, but I don't have as much fun with them and I usually take constant chip damage so the streaks don't last as long. I also find Boba boring.

To be honest it's pretty hard to find dominate with Jedi Heroes, they just end up dying after you get 10-15 kills in. Boba Fett is just incredible aesthetically, but his move set doesn't allow for much creativity. Greedo and Nien Numb seem to dominate a lot in Supremacy from what I've seen. Them being OP just makes it even more terrible that they're locked behind paid DLC.

I honestly respect everybody's Starcard choices, but if you run around with Bacta-Disruption-Shock-Beserker-EE4 you should be perma-banned from the game and all future versions of it.

MADGAME

Posted by Community Manager, Sledgehammer70:

"On early Thursday morning, July 21st, Star Wars Battlefront servers will go offline for up to 15 minutes to apply our July patch update. Scheduled downtime is listed below; we apologize in advance for any inconveniences.

July 21st 2016
Scheduled Patch:

PC: 7:00 UTC / 12:00 AM PT / 3:00 AM ET
PS4: 9:00 UTC / 2:00 AM PT / 5:00 AM ET
X1: 11:00 UTC / 4:00 AM PT / 7:00 AM ET

Full patch notes will be posted following the release of the actual patch.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...ttlefront-july-patch-update-7-21-16-ps4-pc-x1

Posted by Community Manager, Sledgehammer70:

"On early Thursday morning, July 21st, Star Wars Battlefront servers will go offline for up to 15 minutes to apply our July patch update. Scheduled downtime is listed below; we apologize in advance for any inconveniences.

July 21st 2016
Scheduled Patch:

PC: 7:00 UTC / 12:00 AM PT / 3:00 AM ET
PS4: 9:00 UTC / 2:00 AM PT / 5:00 AM ET
X1: 11:00 UTC / 4:00 AM PT / 7:00 AM ET

Full patch notes will be posted following the release of the actual patch.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...ttlefront-july-patch-update-7-21-16-ps4-pc-x1

I don't really care about the offline, but anxious to see what the patch is going to fix
and what it is going to break :)

MADGAME

Additional game modes coming. We already knew there is one new game mode per DLC, so I wonder why they tweeted this. Maybe something free in the works, or they were referring to new modes coming to Skirmish.
https://twitter.com/swbattlefront_c/status/755493598360133633

I don't really care about the offline, but anxious to see what the patch is going to fix
and what it is going to break :)
I think Skirmish will be fun, especially with a friend. Trying new loadouts, practicing tactics with weapons/cards not often used, etc.

Ozorov

Additional game modes coming. We already knew there is one new game mode per DLC, so I wonder why they tweeted this. Maybe something free in the works, or they were referring to new modes coming to Skirmish.
https://twitter.com/swbattlefront_c/status/755493598360133633

I think Skirmish will be fun, especially with a friend. Trying new loadouts, practicing tactics with weapons/cards not often used, etc.

That EAStarWars-twitter always tweets weird shit. Don't trust that account one bit.

The Dude

I honestly respect everybody's Starcard choices, but if you run around with Bacta-Disruption-Shock-Beserker-EE4 you should be perma-banned from the game and all future versions of it.

Lol yea. Yea the dude I faced was bacta and disruptor and imho you can't be any more horrible than that. What's funny is once I realized how to beat his ass and was outscoring him huge he left promptly lol because at first when I joined the dude was running wild, ran into him and realized why.

5taquitos

Don't have the time to watch it through. Will all maps be supported?
Just base maps for now, no word on DLC maps, but it wouldn't apply to Outer Rim anyway since those modes aren't supported.

Edit: I wonder if I'll be able to finally get my AT-ST stompy trophy in offline mode. Probably not.

Ozorov

Just base maps for now, no word on DLC maps, but it wouldn't apply to Outer Rim anyway since those modes aren't supported.

Edit: I wonder if I'll be able to finally get my AT-ST stompy trophy in offline mode. Probably not.

Cool. The framerate looks pretty good? I remember playing splitscreen on PS4 in the "missions" and thought it was pretty bad then.

GeeTeeCee

It's going to be nice finally having access to an offline Fighter Squadron mode that doesn't involve endlessly repeating the training map over and over again.

I really like Fighter Squadron.

MADGAME

Cool. The framerate looks pretty good? I remember playing splitscreen on PS4 in the "missions" and thought it was pretty bad then.
What 5taquitos said.

One interesting thing is both you and your partner can be heroes simultaneously on the same team in WA.

RyanW

It's going to be nice finally having access to an offline Fighter Squadron mode that doesn't involve endlessly repeating the training map over and over again.

I really like Fighter Squadron.

Same. It'll be even more fun with the Death Star DLC and they add that to Skirmish

MADGAME

"The Stinger Pistol does not overheat like a blaster, is immune to disruption, and delivers lasting damage to enemies over time." - From the official email I just received.

Top Bottom