• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Rootbeer

Banned
they apparently were already on Amazon and already sold out. I'm sure they'll have more at some point, I'm just hoping I happen to be online when they randomly show up :/.

as for retail stores, also entirely random at this point.

They sold out in under an hour. Phasma sold out in about 10-15 mins. The links to the figures were posted in the Star Wars OT when they became available. Gotta be quick with these Star Wars items lately... there's a lot of competition from other fans right now. Restocks are also infrequent.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Can someone tell me why the force fx are so much more than the ultimate fx sabers?

There's no green Luke saber, aka the GOAT, in either line unless you want to get hosed by resellers anyway.

MattyG

Banned
Got a pair of these today

along with a sweatshirt with the ANH poster on it and a couple Millenium Falcon shirts. Headphones are great so far.

Bii

Pictures dont do the color justice. some amazon reviews said their speakers are quiet in theirs, but mine seems really loud. (in a good way)

Thanks for sharing. Now I'm excited to get mine.

I've been lucky, so far, with all of the Wave 1 stuff that have came out. About the only things I didn't get that I'm waiting on are the LEGO sets. I'll pick up a few of them early next month.

LosDaddie

Banned
They sold out in under an hour. Phasma sold out in about 10-15 mins. The links to the figures were posted in the Star Wars OT when they became available. Gotta be quick with these Star Wars items lately... there's a lot of competition from other fans right now. Restocks are also infrequent.

Has this been the norm for FA toys? Crazy if so.

I hope this doesn't extend to the Hot Toys line. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy my wife the Rey figure if she is a Jedi

Rootbeer

Banned
Has this been the norm for FA toys? Crazy if so.

I hope this doesn't extend to the Hot Toys line. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy my wife the Rey figure if she is a Jedi

I don't watch Hot Toys as closely but they seem to stay well stocked well up until release day. Sometimes on popular ones they'll add a waitlist feature that you can join if they sell through what they had available, but you have a good chance of getting one. You just want to pre-order sooner rather than later and it's not a big deal. It's not like they are selling out on the first day and then crossing your fingers for random restocks. If you are subscribed to the Action Figure thread someone will definitely post about them going up for sale to help keep you informed.

Hot Toys, Sideshow and the like are really good about helping collectors get what they want. Not so for the mass market collectibles. Hasbro just shoves it out there and then it's up to the various stores to deal with from there. Even Hasbro's official online store has ridiculous stock shortages. What they should be doing is just take orders for anything people want, and make extra stock to accommodate. Pretty sure this is how it works for Hot Toys which is why the pre-order window is so far in advance of release. I wish we lived in that world :p

There's no green Luke saber, aka the GOAT, in either line unless you want to get hosed by resellers anyway.

I always thought Luke's green saber was one of the worst Force FX sabers, just because it doesn't look like the real prop. They had to fatten the hilt, which just ruins it.

mrsw203lg.jpg

So I noticed walmart had the kylo ren force fx listed for $20 cheaper than target so I went back to target to price match. The guy apparently messed up and refunded me the whole tax plus the $20. So I got back $37 which means I got the saber for $180 exactly.

Edit: anyone have any ideas on how to mount the saber horizontally? I wanna put it above my living room tv

Rootbeer

Banned
If you already own one, before you buy a second one consider KMart has an exclusive version coming out this year... but hey, don't let me stop you if you want 2 or more, just saying... for some people they may be able to fill their Kylo quota differently

features over the vanilla version include different lightsaber blade design (more movie accurate), comes with extra unignited lightsaber hilt, 'open' hand (vanilla version has two fists), snow base/stand and snow paint deco.

the downside: you gotta track one down at a KMart later this year (Oct or Nov) or catch it in stock... it keeps selling out on kmart.com

M9f7eij.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
I hope this means Rey is on her way back up.

the way amazon restocks things is erratic; even though those items are in the same case they don't get restocked at the same time, or even in the same day. But I would watch closely because she probably will.

//ARCANUM

If you already own one, before you buy a second one consider KMart has an exclusive version coming out this year... but hey, don't let me stop you if you want 2 or more, just saying... for some people they may be able to fill their Kylo quota differently

features over the vanilla version include different lightsaber blade design (more movie accurate), comes with extra unignited lightsaber hilt, 'open' hand (vanilla version has two fists), snow base/stand and snow paint deco.

the downside: you gotta track one down at a KMart later this year (Oct or Nov) or catch it in stock... it keeps selling out on kmart.com

M9f7eij.jpg

wait he's been back in stock after the initial sell out? shit, i wasn't checking. i just figured sold out was sold out. what thread are people posting links in if not this one?

ghostmind

I saw all 5 of the first wave 6" Black Series at an "out-of-the-way" Walmart today... and I left them there. I guess I've decided that I'm not getting into the figures - I'll be focussing on the LEGO sets instead.

Bii

I saw all 5 of the first wave 6" Black Series at an "out-of-the-way" Walmart today... and I left them there. I guess I've decided that I'm not getting into the figures - I'll be focussing on the LEGO sets instead.

I probably would have picked up another trooper just because.

So I finally got my Black Series Rey in to complete the set and...major fail on Amazon's packaging. :( They had shipped it in a bubble mailer and the box was crushed. I had intended to keep it in the box but I guess she's coming out now. I didn't bother trying to get a replacement (currently out of stock) nor a refund; not really worth the hassle to return a $20 item.

Crummy iPhone pic below.

I probably would have picked up another trooper just because.

So I finally got my Black Series Rey in to complete the set and...major fail on Amazon's packaging. :( They had shipped it in a bubble mailer and the box was crushed. I had intended to keep it in the box but I guess she's coming out now. I didn't bother trying to get a replacement (currently out of stock) nor a refund; not really worth the hassle to return a $20 item.

Crummy iPhone pic below.

That's pretty shitty. It's not even a small dent.

That's the problem with ordering online. I've seen like two in stores so I've had to go the online route as well.

A third party seller has FO troopers for like $23 on Amazon. Shipping was a tad high but whatever, I wanted one. Much better than 30 to 40 bucks.

womp

Huh, I'm not actively collecting anything but I saw a black series first order trooper at Target the other day just sitting there. My wife wanted to buy it for me but I said "He's really cool but...." I passed. Maybe I should have gotten him. :(

Anyone have any insider tips on where to buy the force fx sabers? I recently bought kylo rens saber and now I feel I need more. I know thinkgeek has yodas for $120 which I probably get for Christmas but I want vaders and possibly lukes

NoRéN

I've decided to try my luck and wait for a Kmart exclusive Kylo Ren. If anyone wants my order from amazon, at cost, send me a message. I have Prime and everything.

Speaking of Black Series stuff, I posted it in community, but I figure it fits here. I'm not big on toys, and only kinda/sorta know about the whole rigmarole around the collecting aspect of the fandom, but I know that if you pose her right, Black Series Phasma looks pretty damned badass.

T4I3ElU.jpg

-griffy-

Banned
Speaking of Black Series stuff, I posted it in community, but I figure it fits here. I'm not big on toys, and only kinda/sorta know about the whole rigmarole around the collecting aspect of the fandom, but I know that if you pose her right, Black Series Phasma looks pretty damned badass.

T4I3ElU.jpg

Damn I need her and a First Order Trooper.

womp

That Phasma is awesome....sigh...I keep telling myself I don't need these things because quite frankly they will just collect dust but the urge is real.

Damn you guys. :)

Boke1879

T4I3ElU.jpg

She looks so fucking good. I can't wait until Wave two fully rolls out.

I have trackers on Phasma now. I bought a black series normal trooper and an FO trooper. I said I was only getting Ren but what the hell. Only 20 bucks a pop.

I wanted the Sphero BB-8, but I didn't want to pay the $150 MSRP, so I didn't buy it at release. But recently I purchased a Barnes & Noble membership, and when I signed up my kids for their Kids Club, they sent me a 30% off coupon good for any toy. The area Barnes & Nobles had been out of stock of the BB-8, so I was out of luck, until I checked online late last night and saw one store list it as "Call Store to Check Availability". Well, I showed up at opening this morning, saw one sitting on the shelf behind the cashier, and asked to purchase it. Apparently it's Member Appreciation week or something, so there is automatically 20% off toys because of that. When the cashier went to scan the 30% off coupon, it wouldn't take, and she had to enter it manually. When she did, it applied the 30% off after the 20% off, so I got it for 44% off retail price! Total was $84 before tax!

I got my Kylo Ren and First Order trooper now and I think I'm good for what's currently out. I also got a classic stormtrooper for fun and because I had some Amazon credit. Next up is Phasma then Hux whenever they come out and maybe some of the different kinds of troopers. Dark side for life.

T4I3ElU.jpg
Noice.

And speaking of awesome Phasma figures:
S.H. Figuarts Captain Phasma - 5,616 JPY - Feb. 2016 (preorder starts Oct 1st)

sw_shf_item_main.png

sw_shf_item02.jpg

sw_shf_item03.jpg

sw_shf_item04.jpg

sw_shf_item05.jpg

sw_shf_item06.jpg

Should this thread just become the all-purpose "Star Wars Merchandise" thread going forward? Since it's basically going to be a neverending thing from now on.

Should this thread just become the all-purpose "Star Wars Merchandise" thread going forward? Since it's basically going to be a neverending thing from now on.

I've been using it to talk just about the Force Awakens related stuff mostly. I don't venture into the Community side of GAF often (at all).

Finally completed Wave one of the Black Series. UK Toys R Us can suck my Space Balls. All they keep shelved is the Heromashers. I picked this trooper up at Tesco of all places.

My Amazon order still hasn't come either. They really dropped the ball there. Ordered on the day and still nothing.

Here's a scale comparison for BS and Disney Elite

Also don't buy the Elite series, they are naff. A two foot drop onto a carpeted floor did this to one of my two Elite troopers. There is a reason people don't usually make diecast posable figures.

Lebron

Friend got the Kylo Ren Force FX. I don't know, the thing just looks and feels cheap to me when I compare it to my Darth Vader and Anakin Force FX ones. Can't believe it cost so much (actually I can).

Kind of hoping they rerelease it after the movie is out and do it right, since the prop one from the movie they've shown off looks more in line with the previous Force FX models.

Friend got the Kylo Ren Force FX. I don't know, the thing just looks and feels cheap to me when I compare it to my Darth Vader and Anakin Force FX ones. Can't believe it cost so much (actually I can).

Kind of hoping they rerelease it after the movie is out and do it right, since the prop one from the movie they've shown off looks more in line with the previous Force FX models.

I get what you're saying. The FX at their best can double as actual props. The Kylo Ren offering looks like a metal version of the plastic toy version.

Kitoro

So was Disney Store carrying the Black/Elite (can't remember which they had that were exclusive to them) Series figures just a one time deal? They haven't stocked any since they sold out of their initial allotment. Really wishing I did a store to home order of Phasma when I had the chance.

Top Bottom