• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

//ARCANUM

Dang that was fast! Mine come on Tuesday! Super excited to get them. But a little bummed I missed out on the KMart exclusive Kylo Ren (pictures earlier in this thread) -- pre-orders went up sometime early Sunday and sold out super fast.

AND I missed Kmart Kylo Ren? Ugh I quit. :(

Man that's what I get for not being active online today. what a crappy way to start off my birthday. Ugh. Gonna have to pay some scalper $75 for one of those Kmart Kylo ren's (if I'm lucky lol).

Any gaffers get an extra preorder and wanna hook me up? (Did I mention it's my birthday? Lol)

And while I'm begging, anyone willing to part with an extra black series or Disney die cast Phasma? (Lol, worth a shot)

Rootbeer

Banned
Based on people's conversations with KMart customer support they had 350 of them and they sold out sometime before 7AM PST Sunday morning. They can't provide info on when more will come other than that the release date is in early November and maybe more will be on the website then. Or... you could try to buy one in stores, but how many of us actually have a KMart around anymore?

And yeah, I'll probably have to buy one for double price if I want it. Rumor is that there is a companion figure coming out for that Kylo which also has a similar base (Finn with Luke's ANH Lightsaber, also in a snow-deco)

Metalmarc

AND I missed Kmart Kylo Ren? Ugh I quit. :(

Man that's what I get for not being active online today. what a crappy way to start off my birthday. Ugh. Gonna have to pay some scalper $75 for one of those Kmart Kylo ren's (if I'm lucky lol).

Any gaffers get an extra preorder and wanna hook me up? (Did I mention it's my birthday? Lol)

And while I'm begging, anyone willing to part with an extra black series or Disney die cast Phasma? (Lol, worth a shot)

Don't pay a scalper just be patient and wait for the restock at the end of the month, probs 30th sept

MattyG

Banned
Kind of a big character spoiler. A returning character we haven't seen in previews, minor plot spoiler.
He's in the opening. He's got pieces of his body replaced with metal and he's pretty old. He sees the light saber and knows instantly who it belongs to. He's on Jakku. He's played by a pretty big actor but I can't remember his name.
I still don't think that's him.

Yeah I hope nobody pays $50+ for these figures. I doubt any of them are going in the vault for good right now. There's no incentive for Disney not to restock.

I wouldn't be surprised if scalpers kept supply low on some of the figures, at least for a little while. At some point obviously they will saturate the market and you'll see prices on sold listing start to drop, at which time they'll move on to the next thing. That said, there's no reason at all to pay $50+ for any of the figures right now.

I remember the Transformers drought around the time the first of the Bay movies came out. Dark days.

Hex

Banned
I still don't think that's him.

Agreed.
Not confirmed anywhere and does not really fit, though I would not be opposed to it except for
the fact that most spoilers say that Sydow dies fairly quickly

My belief is that Sydow is the guy who shows up on Jakku in Aftermath.

My belief is that Sydow is the guy who shows up on Jakku in Aftermath.

I hope Sydow brings all the films together somehow. He's old enough to be a character that remembers the clone wars and the Jedi purge. Be interesting to see the perspective of the events of both trilogies from an outsider and maybe link them better to the new one.

Kotobukiya is continuing their 1/10 ArtFX+ series with these guys in December. 2-pack, of course.

343420.jpg

Toothless

I succumbed to the evil of the impulse buy and just bought three TFA shirts.

WOxWGjq.jpg

AXeJr7Y.jpg

JXoDCrG.jpg

I plan on seeing TFA on Fri, Sat, and Sun of opening weekend, so I glad I found a fitting wardrobe to go with it.

//ARCANUM

WOxWGjq.jpg

AXeJr7Y.jpg

JXoDCrG.jpg

I plan on seeing TFA on Fri, Sat, and Sun of opening weekend, so I glad I found a fitting wardrobe to go with it.

Could you please provide some links to the shirts you purchased? Or were they all in store? Thanks!

Boke1879

Holy shit at the shipping. I'd be paying 40 bucks for this lol

Like I REALLY want to buy that Rey figure. But damn almost. $40 bucks. Should I wait guys. My local stores don't have any Rey in stock and don't know when they will be. Should I bite?

Bii

Holy shit at the shipping. I'd be paying 40 bucks for this lol

Like I REALLY want to buy that Rey figure. But damn almost. $40 bucks. Should I wait guys. My local stores don't have any Rey in stock and don't know when they will be. Should I bite?

I would wait.

I was able to order a Rey off of Amazon just two nights ago. It was going in and out of stock but was able to secure one. It's scheduled to be delivered to me next week. So it seems like online retailers (and B&M stores) are getting restocks in waves.

Edit: if you have it shipped to store for pick-up, would it still charge you shipping?

Boke1879

I would wait.

I was able to order a Rey off of Amazon just two nights ago. It was going in and out of stock but was able to secure one. It's scheduled to be delivered to me next week. So it seems like online retailers (and B&M stores) are getting restocks in waves.

Edit: if you have it shipped to store for pick-up, would it still charge you shipping?

The store in my area won't do the ship to store option. Yea I think I'll just wait and try my luck with amazon.

Hoo-doo

Banned

WOxWGjq.jpg

AXeJr7Y.jpg

JXoDCrG.jpg

That second shirt is probably the worst looking shirt i've ever seen. Cringe.

Toothless

Could you please provide some links to the shirts you purchased? Or were they all in store? Thanks!

All of them were in store at JCPenney. I can link them here though.

Phasma

BB-8

Kylo Ren

That second shirt is probably the worst looking shirt i've ever seen. Cringe.

TBH, I don't like it much at all, but I got it because the BB-8 was a "buy one get one free" in a similar style, and it was the only TFA one... all of the other free ones were kinda shitty, so I got the Kylo Ren one just because Kylo Ren. lol, I plan on just using it as a sleep shirt.

Picked up three more of the Titanium ships: Y-Wing, Slave I, and the First Order Special Forces Tie Fighter.

No complaints with the Y-Wing.

I wish Slave I could be posed fully upright. There's an angled hole on the back for the stand to plug in but it's just not enough.

The FO Tie Fighter feels kind of cheap compared to the one that came in the four-pack.

Planning to get the Resistance and original X-Wings and I'll call it a day with Wave 1.

//ARCANUM

Might be slightly OT, but I'm just gonna leave this here

http://www.nixon.com/us/en/ccp/star-wars

Absolutely on topic! Thanks so much for sharing! These are awesome.

All of them were in store at JCPenney. I can link them here though.

Phasma

BB-8

Kylo Ren

TBH, I don't like it much at all, but I got it because the BB-8 was a "buy one get one free" in a similar style, and it was the only TFA one... all of the other free ones were kinda shitty, so I got the Kylo Ren one just because Kylo Ren. lol, I plan on just using it as a sleep shirt.

Awesome thank you!

I'm ready for the next waves of Black series figures. I need to get my hands on a Phasma and Hux. Do they announce release dates or do they just sort of appear?

Boke1879

I'm ready for the next waves of Black series figures. I need to get my hands on a Phasma and Hux. Do they announce release dates or do they just sort of appear?

I heard October. I'm thinking maybe early in the month. I hope so at least. I'm ready for them to. I really need to find Rey and I'll a complete set of the first wave.

I plan on getting ALL of the second wave but I really want Phasma and that red guy. Hux and Poe next, and then try my luck with the snowtrooper, tie pilot and the constable.

//ARCANUM

they apparently were already on Amazon and already sold out. I'm sure they'll have more at some point, I'm just hoping I happen to be online when they randomly show up :/.

as for retail stores, also entirely random at this point.

Boke1879

they apparently were already on Amazon and already sold out. I'm sure they'll have more at some point, I'm just hoping I happen to be online when they randomly show up :/.

as for retail stores, also entirely random at this point.

It's truly crazy. I'm sure the closer we get to the movie release these things will be more readily available but I can't find Rey anywhere for market price lol. She's all I need to complete Wave 1.

and you're right. I hope I'm randomly online when Wave 2 shows up. My main goals initially are Phasma and The Enforcer.

Just bought the kylo ren force fx saber. Jesus I never spend big money on collectibles but my inner Fanboy just took over. It's so awesome.

Bii

Just bought the kylo ren force fx saber. Jesus I never spend big money on collectibles but my inner Fanboy just took over. It's so awesome.

Take pics!!

I just ordered it from Amazon Warehouse in "very good" condition. Supposedly the box is damaged but everything else is fine. I'll see it when I get it.

I heard October. I'm thinking maybe early in the month. I hope so at least. I'm ready for them to. I really need to find Rey and I'll a complete set of the first wave.

I plan on getting ALL of the second wave but I really want Phasma and that red guy. Hux and Poe next, and then try my luck with the snowtrooper, tie pilot and the constable.

I've seen Rey up on Amazon a few times. Just an FYI. Is there a way to set up notices for 1st party availability on Amazon. I don't want to buy from a 3rd party.

Take pics!!

I just ordered it from Amazon Warehouse in "very good" condition. Supposedly the box is damaged but everything else is fine. I'll see it when I get it.

Pictures dont do the color justice. some amazon reviews said their speakers are quiet in theirs, but mine seems really loud. (in a good way)

zeemumu

If I remember correctly they added the crossguard hilt pieces to the "build your own lightsaber" station in the gift shop outside of Star Tours.

Top Bottom