• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I'm probably going to pick this up as well. I enjoyed Kanan and can't resist a nice HC.

The Star Wars website has revealed the badge art for Celebration Orlando. They're pretty nice.

Rey.jpg

Luke.jpg

Finn.jpg

Jyn.jpg

Poe.jpg
gosh I want them all. but I'm in germany.

effzee

I didn't want to sidetrack the R1 thread but I had a few questions about the larger universe, especially since I am not well-versed in all of the lore and stories.

The basic story goes like this correct?

1.Anakin (kid with no father aka miraculous birth like lord and savior Allen Iverson) has a strong presence of the force right?
2. Anakin also has built up rage from his condition and what happens to his mother. His arc is simply he grows up to be evil, seduced by the Sith Lord who happens to be the Chancellor who becomes the Emperor. Is Snoke the master for the Chancellor? Does he fit into this hierarchy at all? Or is he new in TFA?
3. The Emperor works the political system to make the Jedi useless, gain all-power, and then has his star pupil turn on the Jedi to kill them all. Anakin/ Vader has twins he doesn't know about and as far as he knows, Padme died cause of his own actions.[/list]

That covers the story up until the OT right? Is there anything major I am missing out on? Up until this point do we know who Anakin's dad is? Do we ever find out?

Then...20-30 years later

1. In the OT - The Empire builds the Death Star to destroy the rebels threatening their reign. In R1 we see how the rebels steal the plans and get them to Princess Leia who then sets the events in motion through which we discover Luke, Ben in hiding, and all the rest which happens in the OT
2. At the end Vader is destroyed, Anakin is redeemed, and everyone is happy.

Then...and I guess this is the part that kills me...only 20-30 years later

They end up in the same god damn scenario again? Another star pupil turns on the Jedi? Another Death Star type weapon? Luke just up and leaves even though the First Order, which is the Empire again, is armed, dangerous, and has recruited his nephew to lead it? How? I guess this is why I can't enjoy TFA - its just the same plot over again. To me it doesn't make sense and its so lazy in terms of the story.

I guess only way to resolve it well is if parts 2 and 3 in this new trilogy explain why and what happened with Luke and his nephew.

sphagnum

Banned
I didn't want to sidetrack the R1 thread but I had a few questions about the larger universe, especially since I am not well-versed in all of the lore and stories.

1.Anakin (kid with no father aka miraculous birth like lord and savior Allen Iverson) has a strong presence of the force right?
2. Anakin also has built up rage from his condition and what happens to his mother. His arc is simply he grows up to be evil, seduced by the Sith Lord who happens to be the Chancellor who becomes the Emperor. Is Snoke the master for the Chancellor? Does he fit into this hierarchy at all? Or is he new in TFA?
3. The Emperor works the political system to make the Jedi useless, gain all-power, and then has his star pupil turn on the Jedi to kill them all. Anakin/ Vader has twins he doesn't know about and as far as he knows, Padme died cause of his own actions.[/list]

That covers the story up until the OT right? Is there anything major I am missing out on? Up until this point do we know who Anakin's dad is? Do we ever find out?

Then...20-30 years later

1. In the OT - The Empire builds the Death Star to destroy the rebels threatening their reign. In R1 we see how the rebels steal the plans and get them to Princess Leia who then sets the events in motion through which we discover Luke, Ben in hiding, and all the rest which happens in the OT

They end up in the same god damn scenario again? Another star pupil turns on the Jedi? Another Death Star type weapon? Luke just up and leaves even though the First Order, which is the Empire again, is armed, dangerous, and has recruited his nephew to lead it? How? I guess this is why I can't enjoy TFA - its just the same plot over again. To me it doesn't make sense and its so lazy in terms of the story.

I guess only way to resolve it well is if parts 2 and 3 in this new trilogy explain why and what happened with Luke and his nephew.

As far as we know Snoke is unrelated to Palpatine in any way, but the sequel trilogy is still need so not all mysteries have been explained yet.

Also Anakin doesn't have a father, just the Force. In the old canon it was implied that the Force created Anakin in response to Darth Plagueis' meddling.

So, I haven't watched rebels yet but, Is Sabine related to Satine?

Not so far, but my gut says she'll turn out to be Satine's
niece, daughter of Bo-Katan

But yeah, Satine and Sabine are both from Mandalore, and seem to know some of the same people. Sabine's family was
a subservient clan to the House of Vizsla, as in Pre Vizsla, leader of the Death Watch.
Her helmet and armor were inherited, and the paint job she gave her helmet looks like
the Nite Owls insignia, which Bo was leader of.

But yeah, Satine and Sabine are both from Mandalore, and seem to know some of the same people. Sabine's family was
a subservient clan to the House of Vizsla, as in Pre Vizsla, leader of the Death Watch.
Her helmet and armor were inherited, and the paint job she gave her helmet looks like

Or Satine had a secret daughter with Obi and after she died Bo-Katan raised her.

Vyer

Then...20-30 years later

I mean...the Dark Side seduces and corrupts those strong in the force. That those will likely include Jedi more than once isn't really a stretch. A lot of the history the movie tells us includes that happening in the past. That whole scenario is essentially one of the main conflicts for the Jedi as a whole.

Not too mention the situation with the Jedi between the PT and TFA is considerably different.

As far as exactly what happened and why it happened... well we don't know yet. Seems a little odd to be upset that we already don't have all the answers from two movies that don't exist yet.

She's Mandalorian. :p

Maybe it's just me, but it's a little odd to call someone from another galaxy that's never been near Earth Asian. Or any other Earth ethnicity. But yes, they are based on what people on Earth look like.

Sayers

The problem with that theory is that Saxon says Sabine's mother was very disappointed in Sabine for leaving the Imperial Academy. That doesn't make any sense coming from the woman who declared that
"no outsider will ever rule Mandalore"

The problem with that theory is that Saxon says Sabine's mother was very disappointed in Sabine for leaving the Imperial Academy. That doesn't make any sense coming from the woman who declared that
"no outsider will ever rule Mandalore"

Yeah, it's true. Maybe there's some explanation? Maybe Bo wanted Sabine to infiltrate the academy/Empire? Or maybe it was just the equivalent to a college education? (Or maybe Bo has nothing to do with Sabine, who knows.)

Wanderer5

Just came back from Rogue One and damn that was really good, especially with its third act.

I cracked up a bit at the
Death Star kind of misfiring on Scarif, and such, gave Jyn and Cassian enough time to get on the beach.:p

curb

Banned
Got my ticket to go see Rogue One again after Christmas. Looking forward to catching all those little things I missed the first time
(mostly Chopper)

I asked Kieron Gillen on Twitter who he would fancast for Dr. Aphra and he replied with Ellen Wong

MV5BMTk4MDAxMzQyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDgyMzUzNw@@._V1_UY317_CR124,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Secondly, ever since I started reading Triple-Zero with a mechanical Sheldon Coopers voice, I have laughed so many times. Perfect voice IMO.

I asked Kieron Gillen on Twitter who he would fancast for Dr. Aphra and he replied with Ellen Wong

MV5BMTk4MDAxMzQyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDgyMzUzNw@@._V1_UY317_CR124,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Secondly, ever since I started reading Triple-Zero with a mechanical Sheldon Coopers voice, I have laughed so many times. Perfect voice IMO.

These are terr...actually, I kind of like both of these ideas.

sphagnum

Banned

Nah, he definitely has Creepio's voice.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Never knew about that recording :D

STAR WARS Audience Reaction 1977

This audio was recorded in 1977 when my mother took me to see Star Wars.
(for the second time)
Hearing her laugh (@ :42 & @ 2:54) and cheer with me and the rest of the audience is absolutely priceless to me.
You can also hear me making laser beam sounds at the end of this recording, because "Star Wars" got me all fired up! :)

first youtube upload about the recording

Sulik2

Then...20-30 years later

This is why Kreia was right. The force is evil and needs to be destroyed so civilization could progress without its influence.

Top Bottom