• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Outlaws has sold around 800,000 copies according to Games Industry

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
lol seriously. Ubisoft tiresome open world game design combined with Disney/Kathleen Kennedy era Star Wars… can you think of a less appealing combo?
Don't get me wrong, I'll probably still pick this up for $15 lol. That's my Ubisoft price on basically everything they put out (except Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia).

But Star Wars is just going nowhere man. Get any license but this. They could get Battlestar Galactica for pennies and everyone would be as excited as Robocop. Do something different because Star Wars sucks ass.

Last edited:

Alebrije

My Bet the Game Will sell 2-3 millions by end of 2025, UBI games have long legs because price reductions. Anyway 2-3 millions are weak.

Kacho

The guy who said this on the podcast said "Xbox and PlayStation", so it sounds like that's not counting PC? I can't imagine they sold a bunch of copies on PC given it's on Epic Games Store and Ubisoft client, but not Steam...
Yeah, I very much doubt it sold gang busters on PC due to the store fronts the game is stuck on. That’s where games go to die.

With such a terrible year for Ubisoft, I expect an apology tour in the near future. Day 1 Steam releases with achievements, Splinter Cell return, and various other things to regain goodwill.

Jaybe

Yth03ns.jpeg

Kacho

I wonder how much of a factor the insane prices was. That was a regular talking point a couple months ago. No one wants to drop $70 on the dirty poor edition.

XXL

To be fair. It's 2-3 days of tracking.

But regardless, it's not great if that's worldwide.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
So around 5 days worth of sales data including early access.

For comparison ( Sell through numbers )
Black Myth Wukong - 10m in 3 days
Zelda TOTK - 10m in 3 days
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet - 10m in 3 days
Hogwarts legacy - 12m in 2 weeks
Elden ring - 12m in 3 weeks
Gow Ragnarok - 5.1m in 5 days
Spiderman 2 - 5m in 10 days
TLOU part 2 - 4m in 3 days

Star wars outlaws - 800k in 5 days

Dont forget Palworld sold 8m in 6 days

GymWolf

Gold Member
Do we have an estimated budget of this game?
We only know this:

Star Wars Outlaws promotional campaign is the largest that Ubisoft has ever organised, according to CEO Yves Guillemot. In return, Guillemot expects "strong sales" from Star Wars Outlaws, arguing that its one of the most anticipated games of the year. Despite this, the game has recently faced criticism for its visuals.

tkscz

I'm surprised to be honest. I wasn't expecting a good game but I thought the IP would secure at least decent sales. It looked like the kind of game that is bashed online but actually performs well.
Then you haven't been paying attention to the Star Wars fandom. Disney has killed it for the majority of them. For average people with passing interest, there is now too much, too many shows too many movies, just too much. For long term and hardcore fans, the quality of story and character has been draining and most no longer care about current star wars. You still have the ultra hardcore who still love the idea of anything with Star Wars on it and Disney core who love the new direction of star wars, but they are significantly fewer than the former group of fans. The Star Wars name doesn't carry the weight it once did, even compared to 6 to 8 years ago.

Couple that with Ubisoft being the developer. Ubisoft has not been doing so well lately, not sure why they're losing people as I've never really been into their games to begin with and I heard good things about the latest Assassin Creed games at least.

Last edited:
Top Bottom