• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Outlaws - Kay Vess Appreciation Thread

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Thanks for confirming that Fifa, GTAV and Fortnite are very popular.

Obviously it's early days - Korea and China have hardly made anything - but games like Stellar Blade and Black Myth Wukong seem to have more of a future than the latest Sony live-service or Ubisoft open-world slop. Things fall apart all the time. Best not to take anything for granted.

cool.gif

The heavy hitters are gonna be "western" games for the forseeable future.
The days of the East being king of the hill isnt coming.
But keep hope alive i guess.

cool.gif

The heavy hitters are gonna be "western" games for the forseeable future.
The days of the East being king of the hill isnt coming.
But keep hope alive i guess.
I don't necessarily want Asia to take over. If I hope for anything is for the western world to cure itself of its woke/DEI death spiral. By the way, these same factors are at play in the political and economic world and the implications there are far scarier.

Bernardougf

Yeah. Your nose and ears are growing your entire life, the skin is slowly losing its elasticity and some of your "baby" fat from your face will disappear or diminish considerably.

Although her jaw line is obviously increased... probably to make her even less attractive?
Believe me I know aging 😅... part of my whole profession is about it.... Jawline incrise, bigger splitted chin, different positioned eyes and some other aesthetic changes...the base model probably will be a very beautiful 50 year old woman if she takes good care of herself....they uglified her, they didnt aged her.. I will go beyond.. as on par for western games now they gave her more masculine festures... is not so much about making her ugly, is about taking away feminine traits and traces, ugliness is a byproduct.

Someone was saying earlier about contacts in the industry saying they are trying not to offend trans... I for myself think they are trying to appease them, since a lot of this colored hair weirdos are friends or work with transpeople (or are one),

Its a combination, hatred/envy of feminine beauty and trying to appease to trans people.

In a way hiring a beautiful model and doing this to her must be very cathartic to some of them, its a fucked up and dangerous hive mind.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Ok, real talk - was her model in the sequel really “chubbier” or is it manufactured outrage? If it was real - did the devs ever addressed it?
95% of the pictures of Aloy you'll see posted are from a certain trailer where she really did look chubby and weird. The actual game model, while not 100% faithful to the real actress, doesn't look nearly as bad as some people would have you believe. I personally thought she looked fine.

Moonjt9

No Silksong? = Delivering the pain.
Jesus Christ! Is it just incompetence or what? There are only two options. Absolute incompetence of the modelers or a concerted effort to uglify women. This is insane. I nearly jumped after scrolling down past that beautiful actress.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

I don't necessarily want Asia to take over. If I hope for anything is for the western world to cure itself of its woke/DEI death spiral. By the way, these same factors are at play in the political and economic world and the implications there are far scarier.

You are paying too much attention to woke/DEI shit.
Which is why you think the gaming industry is in a "death spiral" because of it.

FeralEcho

Xbox:
64nbZRa.png

Playstation:
5tX2I4D.png

They aint taking over shit.
The First Descendant with all those beaitufl charaters the Anti-Woke crowd are so proud of is dropping players fast.......cuz the novelty of looking at booty only last so long
Watch this game and AC:Shadows make a billi each.

Genshin Impact is my jam though............
World's population is retarded....News at 11.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Yeah she is quite fetching but don't let that distract you from hearing her beautiful singing voice during the hella good fishing minigame:

You are paying too much attention to woke/DEI shit.
Which is why you think the gaming industry is in a "death spiral" because of it.
Paying too much attention? Really?

As if this crap isn’t infesting almost every major western AAA studio these days and being rubbed right in our faces like this

1zYWudF.gif

Your “paying too much attention” claim could have worked in like… 2018/2019.
We’re way beyond that now.

You didn’t see the Insomniac internal documents? Hah.

iFPNbZ9.jpeg

gRNK6PT.jpeg

Dude really said “a model of some sort” wtf

jake-gyllenhaal-no.gif

Fuck Battalgia. This is his usual bullshit. Like when he was crapping on Eve from Stellar Blade for being from another time or some shit.

This is photoshopped, right? What’s the story of this pic?

Nope. It's legit. He posts all sorts of stuff like this on his Instagram. Apparently it's okay for him to express his sexuality by posting BDSM themed photoshoots on his social media, but straight men aren't allowed to express ours by enjoying video games with attractive women in it.

I knew it! My gaydar was right

Has alex came out as gay? trans? What’s his/her pronouns?

I think he's just gay. Regardless, he's a hypocrite, as explained above, and a dick head.

Mokus

Believe me I know aging 😅... part of my whole profession is about it.... Jawline incrise, bigger splitted chin, different positioned eyes and some other aesthetic changes...the base model probably will be a very beautiful 50 year old woman if she takes good care of herself....they uglified her, they didnt aged her.. I will go beyond.. as on par for western games now they gave her more masculine festures... is not so much about making her ugly, is about taking away feminine traits and traces, ugliness is a byproduct.

Someone was saying earlier about contacts in the industry saying they are trying not to offend trans... I for myself think they are trying to appease them, since a lot of this colored hair weirdos are friends or work with transpeople (or are one),

Its a combination, hatred/envy of feminine beauty and trying to appease to trans people.

In a way hiring a beautiful model and doing this to her must be very cathartic to some of them, its a fucked up and dangerous hive mind.
"Trying not to offend trans"? That's new. So for the Ubisoft developers the trans are aware that they are ugly => it means it is offensive if there are more beautiful women around them => that is why they have to make female characters in their games less attractive not to remind them how real women can look => the female developers are cutting short and dyeing their hair blue out of empathy.

Calculating Figure It Out GIF

I am really not joking or being fresh with this question.

Is she supposed to be from an alien race that is close-ish to a human in the Star Wars universe?

Her facial structure has these uncanny features that would make sense only if she wasn't human.

Cause if that ain't the case, wow... that some shit rendering of the model.

Last edited:
Screw Ubisoft, for turning such a beautiful Latina, into a goblin.

cebPLz7.jpeg
yUwtrKL.jpeg
1pERQcG.jpeg

She is a knockout for sure. I wonder what the terms of her contract were? If she was contracted for voice work and her likeness, she should sue for breach of contract. I’m sure she wasn’t in the studio saying “hey, can you make me look more uggo?”
They could always pull an Insomniac and edit the character model to, you know, look like the actual actor that is portraying them.

Fahdis

I am really not joking or being fresh with this question.

Is she supposed to be from an alien race that is close-ish to a human in the Star Wars universe?

Her facial structure has these uncanny features that would make sense only if she wasn't human.

Cause if that ain't the case, wow... that some shit rendering of the model.

Its just a square jawed man with a wig pretending to be a woman. Real name Gay-Ness.

whyman

I mean, yea the in game model is strange considering the real life counterpart. But you are all also picking low setting worst cases. Pretty sure we can find many examples like that from other games.

Ubisoft has honored the beautiful and talented actress Humberly González by recreating her perfectly in its latest AAA release, Star Wars: Outlaws, as the protagonist Kay Vess.

Hcdc38m.jpeg

Now that the game is finally releasing, we have even more media to appreciate Kay's immaculately sculpted and rendered look.

sKkyN3g.jpeg

UkVGiXc.jpeg

DfNyITS.jpeg

Ivvkkjq.jpeg
That's a Brenda working the 7-11 night shift and fucking the local meth dealer behind the dumpster.

Black_Stride

World's population is retarded....News at 11.

images

User is out of touch.

• Call of Duty still has some of the best gunplay out there.
  • Fortnite while not for me, is actually quite fun without the ADHD levels of building.
  • Grand Theft Auto Online is some other shit, I had to stop for my own sanity.
  • Minecraft fucking rules.
  • Rocket League is amazing.
  • Siege is probably the best tactical shooter since............
  • Apex Legends is TitanFall gunplay so it automatically wins. (Should have been TitanFall on the list)
  • Valorant is like Counter Strike......but evolved.
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 needs a PC port
  • Genshin Impact is legit even as a F2P player.
  • Gran Turismo and Forza Horizon are a car lovers dream.
  • Sports games are for the sports fans, cant fault them for loving the sport enough they play videogames about them.

Where exactly are the retarded people?
Because, it seems to me like people are just playing good games?

ThesaurusRex

Neo Member
I do think the hair can be explained in part by them trying to be "lore accurate". It looks to me as if her hairstyle very much seems to be trying to imitate some of the styles that were popular back in the 70s. This is seen in Star Wars mainly on the men, of course, with the big sideburns and longer hair. Leia obviously opted more for fancy braids. But it's not uncommon for stuff set in the original trilogy to imitate 70s fashion. Did they do a good job in this instance? I don't think so. She's no Farrah Fawcett. But I think that's what they were going for.

makaveli60

Fuck Battalgia. This is his usual bullshit. Like when he was crapping on Eve from Stellar Blade for being from another time or some shit.

Nope. It's legit. He posts all sorts of stuff like this on his Instagram. Apparently it's okay for him to express his sexuality by posting BDSM themed photoshoots on his social media, but straight men aren't allowed to express ours by enjoying video games with attractive women in it.

I think he's just gay. Regardless, he's a hypocrite, as explained above, and a dick head.
I had my opinions of him already, but yeah, he’s really just a clown.

DaGwaphics

Starwars has that 80s Americana aesthetic, with that in mind the Sigourney Weaver (as ripley) with shades of the Twilight girl vibes don't bother me for a character like this. And when the lighting holds, the model doesn't look bad. Some serious inconsistency in lighting and animation though, this one will fuel the meme culture for a long time.

The funniest thing about the animations that have spread around is how sometimes the eyes look too different between shots for this to be the same person.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

"Trying not to offend trans"? That's new. So for the Ubisoft developers the trans are aware that they are ugly => it means it is offensive if there are more beautiful women around them => that is why they have to make female characters in their games less attractive not to remind them how real women can look => the female developers are cutting short and dyeing their hair blue out of empathy.

Calculating Figure It Out GIF
20 years ago what you said would've been absurd.... right now ? Its actually very possible in their upside down bubble.

Par for de course.. think some absurd line of woke tought and discover that its actually true.

Last edited:
Top Bottom