• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toparaman

Banned
Wish there was a concrete time for when the tickets are on sale. I don't have TV, so watching the game is probably out of the question right?

Wish there was a concrete time for when the tickets are on sale. I don't have TV, so watching the game is probably out of the question right?

Fandango sites were previously showing 7pm as the sale time. Heard from an indie theater owner today that 7:30pm was the time he was told. So I think anywhere between 7pm/7:30pm PST is your bet.

Cryoteck

There's a marathon in my area but I don't think I'm up to it. I went to a Hobbit marathon last year when a friend got me tickets and that was a slog. I don't think i would have the energy to enjoy force awakens after six films.

Skele7on

Banned
Obtained, IMAX at 13:15. Shame the midnight one was taken. Ah well. Difficult to find good seats for 9 people.

Yeah we got 8 seats for my local at around 10am even then it was a headache.

There's a marathon in my area but I don't think I'm up to it. I went to a Hobbit marathon last year when a friend got me tickets and that was a slog. I don't think i would have the energy to enjoy force awakens after six films.

dependent on the order I would skip episode 1&2 and just go and start from episode 3 as that way you'll be doing yourself a massive favor.

I will only watch 3,4,5,6 in the run up to 7

Anth0ny

surely they're going to do reserved seating for the marathon, right?

because if I have to get there at the start of episode 1 or leaving during episode 2 means I lose my seat then I'm gonna be pissed

Toothless

People in the UK:

From what date to what date are the tickets available? Wanna know if the 7pm on Friday the 18th will be on sale or if these are just Thursday premiere tickets on sale.

Toothless

Alright, cool. Wanted to make sure I don't go crazy on ticket sites tonight to find that December 18 shows aren't being sold.

teiresias

This is "fake" 3D right? As in it's converted rather than filmed in 3D? Definitely going to convince my friends we should see a 2D showing in that case (I'm a bit more ambivalent if it was actually filmed in 3D).

This is "fake" 3D right? As in it's converted rather than filmed in 3D? Definitely going to convince my friends we should see a 2D showing in that case (I'm a bit more ambivalent if it was actually filmed in 3D).

I believe it was Filmed in Imax, and I dont know if its possible to have 3d using Imax film.

I'm going to be in class tonight when the tickets open up. Luckily this class takes place at a computer with internet access.

School internet sometimes sucks, though. Better be fucking reliable tonight. If I show up and there is any sort of problem I'm just leaving.

mattp

ok so have they said an actual time for these tickets to go on sale yet? or is it still just "some time after halftime"?

Toparaman

Banned

Correct.

And from what I heard there's only one scene that was shot in IMAX, so if the choice is between standard 2D and IMAX 3D, I would go with standard 2D.

Ennosuke

Just bought tickets for the 17th, 7:45pm :) I also could have ordered 0:01am, but I prefer the regular evening time.

Got tickets for some decent times in IMAX, though getting them was hell with the server issues... No presale for midnight showings yet, so that's another battle for another day unfortunately.

Vue (uk chain) let me book tickets for myself, my wife, my brother in law and his kids but is now declining my card every time I try to book for my little brother. Arseache.

Cyd0nia

Banned
Thanks to Twitter I used the Odeon app after struggling with their SHITTY website for over an hour. It works.

Midnight showing booked 😁

Cryoteck

Question for those who bought tickets where already available. What was the limit on how many tickets you could get? I have a group of 8 and want to know if I need 2 or more people to order.

I just called my local USA Theater for Cinemark.

- Marathon starts at 3 am (May change at different timezones)
- Marathon costs $50
- Marathon will not be at Imax screens (Unless specifically stated otherwise)
- Marathon will not have reserved seating (Unless specifically stated otherwise)

I dont know how Accurate this information will be, I may call a few other theaters chains to see how things differ.

- Marathon costs $50
- Marathon will not have reserved seating (Unless specifically stated otherwise)

I dont know how Accurate this information will be, I may call a few other theaters chains to see how things differ.

3 am on Thursday or 3 am on Friday?

ViciousDS

Banned

- Marathon costs $50

$50 for all 7 seems like a pretty fucking badass steal to me......to bad I'm not driving to naperville to see the marathon. Can't believe Crystal Lake didn't have it considering how big regal 16 is.

3 am on Thursday or 3 am on Friday?

3am Thursday night. Unlike previous marathons which would end at a midnight release, these marathons will be showing The Force Awakens at 7 pm.

The first 6 movies are roughly 2 hours plus change each so it would be about a 13 hours of screening with about 15-20 minute breaks in between.

At least 1 of the theaters I called will have reserved seating.

wait so, the "midnight showing" is actually 7pm the day before? haha

Midnight screenings as a practice basically stopped in 2012. Studios now do 'em at 7pm the preceding day (and some theaters will sometimes add a 9pm screening as well)

Same general principle, just hours earlier.

mattp

Midnight screenings as a practice basically stopped in 2012. Studios now do 'em at 7pm the preceding day (and some theaters will sometimes add a 9pm screening as well)

well, shit. thats kind of hilarious (i havent done a midnight showing in years)

ViciousDS

Banned
wait so, the "midnight showing" is actually 7pm the day before? haha

This time out, you're not having the monthlong lines, and you're not having an explosion of midnight screenings. People are just showing up to the theater with an hour to go and taking the seat they purchased a month before.

^^^^^^^^^^ what he said.....was about to post that most places have 7pm showings on thursday nights with additional showings.

Yeah. This time out, you're not having the monthlong lines, and you're not having an explosion of midnight screenings. People are just showing up to the theater with an hour to go and taking the seat they purchased a month before.

That is kind of funny. 5 years from now we'll have noon showings on the preceding day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom