• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toparaman

Banned
Got two reserved seats dead center in the back for IMAX 3D using Fandango!

Never seen a Star Wars movie, but getting caught up in the hype. I'll be sure to catch up before December.

When does this movie take place chronologically in the series?

Why did you buy tickets two months in advance for a movie you don't even know basic info about?

It is done.

uI62eif.png

Only reserved seating was 3D. So, just gonna do it old school and have to show up an hour early.

Miker

I have two tickets for the 12/17 9pm showing, but the seats aren't reserved. How early do you think I should show up? I was gonna get there around 5:30, but I've never been to any big movie on opening day before, much less a Star Wars movie at that. If it helps, it's at the Dallas Cinemark 17.

TL21xx

Banned
Alamo was a nightmare here in Austin. Tried the second it went up and couldn't get a single showing anywhere. Am now going for the museum IMAX, they ticket on their own servers. I've never had issues scoring tickets from them in the past. Crossing my fingers!

So I'm about to check out for the marathon, but the theater doesn't list reserved seating. The one that does simply doesn't show up at all on the listings...should I wait?

Well shit. Tickets went up early. I was able to snag some for a 10:30pm showing, fairly good seats though not perfect. At least I got them. I had to try to buy them at least 8 times before it went through!

XAL

Blah...debating on back up Fake IMAX tickets in case REAL IMAX tickets don't appear/happen.

I bought 7 LIEMAX tickets by accident thinking they were real IMAX.

Little did I know real IMAX venue was sold out 30 seconds into the presale.

But at least I have tickets at a theater on the 17th with good seats.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Bah, wasn't expecting it to go up until halftime. Was still able to get tickets in Cinemark's XD screen for 7:00, but not as good of seats as I wanted. Also went ahead and picked up a separate ticket for myself for a Saturday matinee 2D showing where I will have the best seat in the house.

fenners

Yeah, they're getting fucked right now. Got to the tickets screen once and now I keep getting Database errors.

Now on the ticket page - 'This show is not on sale yet. Please check back soon.". Yeah right. I know people who successfully checked out when all this started happening. Joy.

BraXzy

So howbis it looking in the US? Most sites crashed/were slow here in the UK when Tickets went on sale. My nearby IMAX had most showings 75% booked and that was like 6 hours ago so I doubt there's any left now for the first couple days. Is the hype real worldwide?

I honestly don't even think they sold all of them. There's no way they already sold out at these 2 theaters I've been keeping an eye on near me for the past 2 hours.

Well the Lowes theater I am near sold out for that Saturday. I cant get into the Regal Website or Fandango(which is where i ordered mine from). So i have no idea to be honest.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
HARKINS NORTHFIELD 18 Denver, CO

Heck yeah! Hope it's in the giant theater where they did the big Avengers Marathon.

Tickets bought!

Took about 30 minutes to slowly navigate though Movietickets.com

Effect

Got my tickets for my sister and I for Saturday at noon. Can't see it before that day so going have to avoid a lot of forums, etc Friday and Saturday morning. Didn't expect Cinemark to put tickets up early. Got ones for the XD 3D showing. Here's hoping the 3D isn't bad. XD sound is really good though and that's the best screen in the building.

Actually if anyone uses Cinemark.com the main link leads to just the Thursday and Friday showings. You have to click your theater and click "more" where the days to select Saturday or Sunday showings that month.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I had much more success going through the fandango app, fyi, for anyone still looking.

Bought tix for the Sunday. Reserved seating thankfully. Excited!

Worried that the Regal over sold those tickets. HMMM/
That's what I'm worried about. I bought mine on Fandango then tried the regal app to see if they redirect to Fandango or do it themselves. Bit the app wouldn't load. At least these are backup tickets. Main tickets I want go on sale at 5pm tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom