• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
So howbis it looking in the US? Most sites crashed/were slow here in the UK when Tickets went on sale. My nearby IMAX had most showings 75% booked and that was like 6 hours ago so I doubt there's any left now for the first couple days. Is the hype real worldwide?

one of the websites went early, so all the others freaked out and went up early too. some of the sites died or had problems or sold out immediately or any combination of the three but at least some of the theater websites didn't. i know i was able to grab the marathon tickets using a theater website but they've since pulled the marathon from their listings.

kendrid

Banned
you coming over up to Crystal Lake here in Illinois?

not even sure where you would be coming from.

But if you don't get tickets before that trailer showing its going to be a bitch

Lake in the Hills AMC12 has a ton of tickets for 3D, some for 2D on Friday night. Nice power recliner seats and no fighting for a good seat.

How are y'all buying ticket everything down for me

Fandango and AMC websites were both down without hope so I tried the fandango app and after a few tries it worked. Not without issue, but eventually I got through. Better than the site that just wont load at all in the first place.

Kimawolf

woo got my Star Wars tickets to the marathon showing! starts at 4 AM thursday! I will be on vacation the last half of Dec so im set!

zaryn

fandango app uses seperate servers folks.....try using that, it definitely seems to be loading on the app

Confirmed. Site wouldn't load at all, but just scored 5 7:00 PM tickets for 12/17 in Oviedo, FL. I had no idea there would be showings this early.

celebi23

woooooo!!!!!!
iCtboq7.png

Sucks all of my friends are busy that day :/ Should be a blast though :D

So is Disney going to technically make the money they paid for the franchise and first film back before it even released due to merchandising and advance ticket sales?

Prompto

Banned
The fandango website said an imax screening was sold out but on mobile I was able to get tickets. Thats weird. Hyped I was able to get an imax sceeening opening day though.

TheRed

I got two tickets for IMAX Friday Dec.18 I'm pretty happy with that. But it timed out as it charged me so idk how to view my ticket? I was definitely charged $42 in my bank account though.

bionic77

Theater I want to buy tickets for is not selling yet.

It is UA at King of Prussia.

Is there a list of which theaters or chains are selling or when? Or is it just a crapshoot?

TheXbox

God damn it, Fandango. I want tickets for Saturday. They should have a separate domain for all the schmuks trying to get in Thursday night.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Lincoln Square is impossible. Holy shit. I've spent the last hour trying to get through now.

You, me, and the entire city is trying to watch there, haha. I gave up and bought tix at a different theater. I'll watch my second time at Lincoln.

Kvik

I've booked for Saturday 19th at 12pm (non 3D) at my local cinema.

Too bad IMAX doesn't have non 3D sessions, otherwise I'd love to see it in IMAX.

Confirmed. Site wouldn't load at all, but just scored 5 7:00 PM tickets for 12/17 in Oviedo, FL. I had no idea there would be showings this early.

Lucky! All the seats in the 7pm at my theatre of choice were sold out within 5 minutes of sales going up. Well, thats not completely true. There were maybe 6 seats available in the very front row toward the sides.

I was lucky to get fairly decent seats in the 1030pm showing. There were a few more showings that were earlier but they were similarly filled within the first 10 minutes.

Boke1879

So is Disney going to technically make the money they paid for the franchise and first film back before it even released due to merchandising and advance ticket sales?

Dude I think off the merchandise alone they'll make the money back. People are going crazy for SW figures. Just imagine everything else? Backpacks, lunchboxes. I read somewhere that the brand made like over a billion dollars in a non movie year just on merch alone.

ShutterMunster

You guys without tickets should definitely look into seeing it at a Dolby Cinema (Dolby Atmos+Dolby Vision). I'm pretty sure The Force Awakens will be mastered for Dolby Vision, so it very probably will look better than then in non laser IMAX showings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom