• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Advanced Tickets Info: Marathons, Exclusives etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuTwaeX.gif

Leicester Square Odeon premiere screen 3D midnight boi!

I do
Didn't jurassic World do it?

I...have no idea. Havent seen it and didnt really follow it. I feel like SW could break the billion mark in record time. My Dad is in his 50s and his co workers of roughly the same age bracket are going to see it.

They saw the originals out of university. Its cultural on a whole other level to most movie franchises. Kinda reminds me of something Kerry King of Slayer said about Metallica when they had The Big Four tour.

He said that Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth were all big and iconic bands in their own right but Metallica bring people out their caves.

Not even interested in dealing with the opening night rush, I'll go Friday or Saturday early showings, hopefully It won't be crazy and everyone is going to just be rushing for the opening night showing tix

Magwik

Banned
Not even interested in dealing with the opening night rush, I'll go Friday or Saturday early showings, hopefully It won't be crazy and everyone is going to just be rushing for the opening night showing tix
There is no opening night rush if you're there the entire day watching the other movies ;)

That's the main reason I wanna go opening night. I remember for the dark Knight people dressing up. I'm being kylo ren for Halloween and thinking about wearing my costume to the opening

Id love 2d imax but alas.

Even though theyd have just about 2 weeks till the new year....do people think it could do 750mil plus worldwide or more in 13 days?

That's what I want too. I can't do 3D and I wear glasses right now so wearing the 3D is a pain. I really want to watch the marathon but I don't want to do a 3D showing.

God damn. Finally!

Midnight at BFI. They still had plenty of seats left, but my selection was taken by someone else after numerous attempts, so I assume lots of people are picking seats, only for the system to take ages to confirm, so they have to reselect. Rinse and repeat until outright failed or success is achieved.

What a waste of a day, though...

Don't worry. Tickets in the US don't go on sale until the trailer premiere, which is in the evening during football.

awesome

God damn. Finally!

Midnight at BFI. They still had plenty of seats left, but my selection was taken by someone else after numerous attempts, so I assume lots of people are picking seats, only for the system to take ages to confirm, so they have to reselect. Rinse and repeat until outright failed or success is achieved.

hmmm..nice reminder for me to make an AMC theater account this morning so the checkout goes smoothly

That's what I want too. I can't do 3D and I wear glasses right now so wearing the 3D is a pain. I really want to watch the marathon but I don't want to do a 3D showing.

Yeah...i saw Mad Max in 3D at the BFI Imax and it was glorious, I mean I don't care for 3D but for whatever reason I was so hyped for that...but i had baaaad headaches for a week after and opticians said I have a stigmatism in my left eye so had glasses every since. Not too fussed but...eh. I'm not bothered about the Marathon but it's just...IMAX...

God damn. Finally!

Huh...

Good on you for sticking with BFI. I gave up a few hours ago because I heard that everything was sold out. Still content with Leicester Square though, much easier to travel to.

Yeah...i saw Mad Max in 3D at the BFI Imax and it was glorious, I mean I don't care for 3D but for whatever reason I was so hyped for that...but i had baaaad headaches for a week after and opticians said I have a stigmatism in my left eye so had glasses every since. Not too fussed but...eh. I'm not bothered about the Marathon but it's just...IMAX...

I just can't see 3D like that. Because of the way my eyes are the glasses and shit don't work.

Huh...

Good on you for sticking with BFI. I gave up a few hours ago because I heard that everything was sold out. Still content with Leicester Square though, much easier to travel to.

Unless their site is ultra borked, it was still showing a dozen or so seats. Not many together, but odd batches here and there, so I naturally decided to check out.

Worst case, I'll have Sunday for Empire as a "last resort" if BFI somehow sold me dud tickets.

I can now use the remainder of the day...also doing a whole lot of not much, haha!

Unless their site is ultra borked, it was still showing a dozen or so seats. Not many together, but odd batches here and there, so I naturally decided to check out.

Worst case, I'll have Sunday for Empire as a "last resort" if BFI somehow sold me dud tickets.

I can now use the remainder of the day...also doing a whole lot of not much, haha!
Ah, cool. If I really like TFA, I'll probably book some tickets for BFI down the line. I need those special IMAX shots.

I also have not much to do today haha! Just waiting for the trailer.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That marathon event sounds grueling. I once watched the original 3 back to back to back and had enough by the end of Empire.

Anth0ny

man, I used to watch my star wars trilogy videos back to back to back all the time back in the day when my grandparents used to babysit me

I was a bored kid.

there's no way I can stomach the prequels in one sitting, but the original trilogy contains my two favourite movies of all time. i'm pumped.

Magwik

Banned
man, I used to watch my star wars trilogy videos back to back to back all the time back in the day when my grandparents used to babysit me

I was a bored kid.

there's no way I can stomach the prequels in one sitting, but the original trilogy contains my two favourite movies of all time. i'm pumped.
Nap until you hear duel of the fates
Go out and get something to eat during episode 2
Sort of watch episode 3
Stay for 4-7

chidrock

Called my local AMC and they said they would be selling the tickets at 10:30 this morning. Showed up in time only for them to not know what's going on and to say to check back later.

Thought I got lucky because it was my day off too.

BFIB

what? i dont see them on sale.

Yeah, had a freak out moment there. If you go to fandango, it shows "Buy tickets" on the ep VII page. Even has you select the theater and everything, but then it doesn't pull it up when it redirects you to that theater page.

lawnchair

Banned
not only will i be one of the first people in america to see the new star wars but i will watch all previous star warses in order in the theater right before

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Man I don't think I could watch all 6 back to back and then still be as excited for 7. By then I'll be fuckin tired of watching movies, even star wars. I watched all 6 this past weekend again, partly to catch my girlfriend up and partly because we went to Star Wars in concert on Friday. That's probably the last time I watch them this year now. I think even spaced out I got a little fatigued but buying midnight tickets has definitely awakened the hype again.

Boke1879

Man I don't think I could watch all 6 back to back and then still be as excited for 7. By then I'll be fuckin tired of watching movies, even star wars. I watched all 6 this past weekend again, partly to catch my girlfriend up and partly because we went to Star Wars in concert on Friday. That's probably the last time I watch them this year now. I think even spaced out I got a little fatigued but buying midnight tickets has definitely awakened the hype again.

Yup. I couldn't watch them all back to back. You'd literally get tired as hell and there is only so long you can sit in a seat. It's there for the superfans though.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Yup. I couldn't watch them all back to back. You'd literally get tired as hell and there is only so long you can sit in a seat. It's there for the superfans though.

Yeah, I was reading an article from someone who attended an MCU marathon, and how he slept through much of it and and was eating hot dogs and popcorn for breakfast. No thanks.

So I just jumped in on a couple of UK tickets for the evening of the 17th. Don't go letting me down J J!

:p

Booked my tickets. No IMAX 3D stuff for me...Odeon say they've had no complaints (not sure to believe them) but as much as I love IMAX, and Star Wars...it ain't really worth feeling like shit for a few days after. Anyhoo...got tickets at my local Odeon for the 19th (stupid father finishes stupid work on the Friday and has a leaving do to go to so no late night 18th performances)...but come 2pm on the 19th i'll be at the Odeon in Epsom, enjoying the hell out of it.

Hopefully.

*looks at JJ suspiciously*

edit: as for all the marathon stuff...daaaaaaamn...I just don't have the energy for them really...last time I marathoned something was MGS4 and that took about 26 hours and I felt exhausted afterwards. Actually I saw TDK trilogy in one go but that wasn't too bad. When AoU was coming out some friends and I were thinking about the Marathons but....jesus. It would have been awful.

Did this when The Dark Knight Rises came out. 6 movies is way too long tho

I would love just the original three to come back to theaters for a special event. I don't really like the idea of watching 4 movies in a row. I should've done the Dark Knight one though.

Anth0ny

maybe I just have super human movie watching abilities

but I watched every phase 1 MCU film the day before avengers came out. two sittings (I grabbed food halfway through)

it was amazing and I was hype as fuck

then I watched avengers and it EXCEEDED ALL EXPECTATIONS AND IT WAS AWESOME

i fully expect the same to happen with TFA :)

Plasmid

Shitty that Malco just spent millions on a new theatre in my town and they're NOT doing the marathons.

Will buy tickets early though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom