• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

NIN90

Well they surely have to beta test the singleplayer. Maybe it's a closed beta.
In that interview that was posted on the last page the blizz guy even says that people expected to train medics in the multiplayer.

KareBear

Kronotech said:
So a friend of mine says that his brother told him he has a copy of Single Player Beta. My friend is trustworthy but his brother is not. Brother was going to send it to him (they don't live with each other).

Was there ever a Single Player Beta that went out?

Ahahaha if there really was a Single Player Beta you would know about it.

LaneDS

Ashhong said:
i figured. i have to stop sending probes with a mineral to the assimilator.

I'd say it's probably not going to make or break most matches since it's such a small amount, but I'm also sure at a pro level every single resource counts. I generally just right click nexus then shift-click assimilator when making the move.

Or you know, I did, till Blizzard took away our needle /cry

Zertez

With as little information that has leaked, I doubt there has been a single player beta outside of Blizzard. Im sure if they sent out single player beta disc to people, a lot of things would be spoiled by now.

Ashhong

LaneDS said:
I'd say it's probably not going to make or break most matches since it's such a small amount, but I'm also sure at a pro level every single resource counts. I generally just right click nexus then shift-click assimilator when making the move.

Or you know, I did, till Blizzard took away our needle /cry

ah, ill remember to click the nexus first.

play using the AI launcher, theyre pretty good. I underestimated them and they came at me with 8+lings before i even had my 2 gateways up :lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kronotech said:
Yeah that's what I figured. I never trusted his brother anyway.

He's probably talking about one of the many AI cracks for the multiplayer beta. If he's talking about the campaign, he's lying out of his ass.

You know what? I hate this game. I hate everything about Bnet 2.0. I hate the fetishtastic emphasis on clicks per minute. I hate the straight-from-1997 refusal to automate anything. I hate the obscene unit counts. I hate the cutesy little gimmick macro stuff. I hate that there's so much they left the same almost as much as I hate that there's so much changed for the worse.

But I will be damned if this thing isn't the most addictive game I've played in ages. It literally burns not being able to boot er up.

Son of Godzilla said:
You know what? I hate this game. I hate everything about Bnet 2.0. I hate the fetishtastic emphasis on clicks per minute. I hate the straight-from-1997 refusal to automate anything. I hate the obscene unit counts. I hate the cutesy little gimmick macro stuff. I hate that there's so much they left the same almost as much as I hate that there's so much changed for the worse.

But I will be damned if this thing isn't the most addictive game I've played in ages. It literally burns not being able to boot er up.

Jesus dude, you hate it that much? Other than the APM, I don't really have a problem with anything else you listed. Even then, my friend has a really low APM and kicks serious ass.

I love SC! I'll even play the original between now and July 27.

Ashhong

Son of Godzilla said:

the fuck, refusal to automate what?

IceMarker

Son of Godzilla said:

This post is somewhat similar to how I feel about that game.
I feel like I wasted my $75 I payed for the CE, but at the same time feel like it's the best gaming related decision I've made in my life. :D

Really I'm only buying the game for the single player because RTS and DotA style games in general scare the shit out of me online.

mcrae

Son of Godzilla said:

ya man, i agree with the poster a few posts up who says 'wtf'

cutesy little gimmick macro stuff?

Son of Godzilla said:

:lol

So this game will be the biggest guilty pleasure in the world?

ZealousD

Went ahead and uploaded my Zerg and Protoss walkthroughs, and then did one more video on attacking with units. I recorded the attacking tutorial in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXN5nakDZi8

That's the link to the first video for Zerg. All the other videos are connected by the video responses.

Tell me what you guys think!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
watervengeance said:
Good place to start. Hopefully it won't get leaked (probably will).
you kidding? i hope it leaks on the first tourney and is cracked the next day with lots of publicity.

Bisonian

Ashhong said:
i figured. i have to stop sending probes with a mineral to the assimilator.

Group 3 peons off your minerals, right click on assimilator, and immediately hit 'C'. C is the hotkey for return resources. Peons that have nothing will go start mining gas. Peons that are holding a mineral will go turn it in at the command center, then head off to the assimilator. Works like a charm.

LaneDS

Rez said:
I never used the Patrol command.

When is it useful?

I've used it with my observers on occasion if I'm in a position where I don't have enough of them yet and need them to span sections of the map.

Bisonian

Rez said:

When is it useful?

The only time I can think of that I used it was to have a ling patrol between two empty expansion sites. Even then a ling at each is probably better.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Rez said:

When is it useful?
I use it to keep my scouting probe moving without going back to it repeatedly to queue up new move commands.

Kagami

Say, what's the state of the map hack situation?
Haven't seen anybody talk about it in a while, but do we have reason to fear it being as bad as SC1 on battle.net?

zoukka

nilbog21 said:
where at?

Gigantti, Gigante whatever it is called in your country :b Webstore had free shipping also.

Oh hai zoukka! Welcome back.

Hiya! Already miss the Beta :( Once the game ships, we'll finally be able to play tourneys etc, without stupid stat/friend-list resets.

Oh and I was rocking Diamond league with a Queen avatar before the last reset :eek:

Razer shows StarCraft II-themed peripherals

Computer gaming peripherals maker Razer on Tuesday partnered with game maker Blizzard Entertainment on three new StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty-branded gaming peripherals. This includes the Spectre mouse, Marauder keyboard and the Banshee headset. The three share Razer's APM (Actions-Per-Minute) lighting system, have StarCraft styling cues and are portable.

The Spectre mouse has five buttons and a multi-color LEDs, along with a 5600dpi Razer Precision 3.5G laser sensor. It claims a quick 1ms response time as well. The mouse connects using a gold-plated USB connector at the end of a braided 7-foot cable. It will be priced at $80.

The Marauder keyboard has elevated keys for fast inputs and a dedicated real-time macro recording system. Its keys are fully backlit and laser-etched. It likewise has 1ms response time response and has a 7-foot braided cable. It will cost $120.

The Banshee headset can be configured for custom equalizer, pitch and volume adjustments, with eight presets. It has a detachable microphone boom to ease carrying and sports 50mm drivers. Sony prices it at $120.

StarCraft II is due out in stores on July 27, with all three Razer peripherals due out at around the same time.
razerspectre.jpg

razermarauder.jpg

razerbanshee.jpg

ZealousD

Blizzard just opened a promotional website, connected to Facebook. There's a collective progress bar. As people do stuff on the site, the progress bar will slowly increase, and we'll get things like concept art and videos.

http://us.starcraft2.com/dominion/

ZealousD

MrCompletely said:
Any Sc2 coverage at E3? Are they showing any single player stuff? is Blizzard even there?

Nope. Blizzard stopped going to E3 when they started Blizzcon.

mcrae

The Lamonster said:
I would like to see some more campaign footage but I think the next time we'll hear anything new about SCII is at the Korean event on June 24.

yeah sounds likely.

btw, i gotta find the official sc2 thread. I never check gaming side really, only check my subscriptions.. i bet the official thread has much more discussion eh.. lol.

anyways, anyone remember when the beta was rumored to start up again? is it just a week before release? july 20th?

ZealousD

mcrae said:
btw, i gotta find the official sc2 thread. I never check gaming side really, only check my subscriptions.. i bet the official thread has much more discussion eh.. lol.

Official Threads don't go up until a week before release. For now, this is the thread you want to be in if you're talking about SC2.

ZealousD

Anybody in Australia or New Zealand should go to the Battle.net forums ASAP and post a Traceroute.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25399742814&sid=3000

Right now, Blizzard is considering throwing Oceanic players onto the Southeast Asia server, throwing them in with a lot of people who don't speak English. And it seems that based on their ISP, they'd actually encounter latencies higher than if they were connected to the US.

If enough Oceanic players post high latency data to Blizzard's SEA data center, Blizzard will likely consider putting them on the NA server.

mcrae

ZealousD said:
Official Threads don't go up until a week before release. For now, this is the thread you want to be in if you're talking about SC2.

ah right, i totally forgot you've been working on the official thread. hope its still coming along good!

Top Bottom