• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Why
Whyyyyyyy
jubeB.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so have we put holden on suicide watch now that its come out protoss had the highest winrate at dreamhack and mlg?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Q8D3vil said:
remove the ignore :mad:
I can't... need to add you again, I need your friends code and name :p

Pandaman said:
so have we put holden on suicide watch now that its come out protoss had the highest winrate at dreamhack and mlg?

You know he is just going to QQ moar. He needs some more Karaks in his life.

06nbarnhill said:
Ok so I am not a huge starcraft player and I mostly just play friends and vs AI.

I am incredibly bored with the current maps so how would I go about obtaining new vs A.I. maps and making them playable?

Almost all the maps are playable against A.I. Just create a custom game, and search for some maps. Try GSL, TSL, and MLG in the search bar for options. Also, I'm sure teamliquid.net custom maps forum has some. Finally, the Patch Test Realm just went up with the Season 3 maps, so if you get on there you can check out the ladder maps for next season. Good Luck!

Yoshichan

Fuck it. After getting destroyed on ladder today, I decided to do some cake! You guys are missing out Midsummer stuff!

s8lV3.jpg

OAnhH.jpg

Found that I can't be bothered to play zergs who rush now, even if I have a competent wall I just quit. It's not fun for me to win against these clowns.

Yoshichan

Visualante said:
Found that I can't be bothered to play zergs who rush now, even if I have a competent wall I just quit. It's not fun for me to win against these clowns.

Biff

So I was just thinking it might be cool to give an idea of what everyone's rolodex of current vs.X builds are! Have a chance to learn/steal builds, hehe :) I'll start:

Terran - Gold

vs. Z:
- 3rax+stim+concussive against one-base Zerg. Attack leaves at 7:00 with ~50 food (marines and marauders). Build CC in base as attack is happening.
- 3rax+stim+concussive+SCV all-in against early expand Zerg.
- Cloak banshee rush against early expand Zerg.

vs. P:
- 3rax+stim+concussive with 7:00 attack every time. Save a scan to see uphill to kill any sentries trying to FF ramp. Golds can't seem to defend this.

vs. T:
- 3 reaper rush into standard bio
- 6 or 7rax marine all-in
- blue flame hellion drop

zlatko

Banned
zoukka said:
Yoshi... are you scandinavian?

My builds against races?

Build drones - scout - build counter composition.

This is my same build too. Is it Terran? 15 hatch. Is it Protoss? 14 gas/14pool. Is it another Zerg? GG out. xD

Yoshichan said:
Fuck it. After getting destroyed on ladder today, I decided to do some cake! You guys are missing out Midsummer stuff!

http://i.imgur.com/s8lV3.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OAnhH.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

You did the cake? Gross...Is that a Scandinavian Teen flick? Scandinavian Cake?

Yoshichan

Awesome Animals, I thought you and I were buddies :(

Deadman

ZvT: 15 gas 14 pool speedling expand. Baneling nest before lair. Add 2 more gasses as lair is building, spire straight after. Muta ling bane.

ZvP: 15 gas 14 pool speedling expand. Get lair quite fast, roach burrow/movement, speed after. Suicide in to colossus ball.

ZvZ 14 gas 14 pool speedling expand. Defensive bane and 2 spines at natural, drone up, roach + the upgrades. 3rd Base, 2/2 roaches + a few infestors, attack.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zvt: 15 hatch 14 pool
zvp close air: 15 hatch 14 pool.
zvp other: 14pool 16 hatch
zvz close air: 15 hatch 14pool
zvz other: 14 gas 14 pool.

Holden

For 15 minutes Chris 'HuK' Loranger was looked at the gleaming yellow little man, waited for his next Battle.net opponent. Because his rating is too high, (and he tried to find games on the NA server) the search was unsuccessful. Dario 'TLO' Wünsch helped him out and lent his account to the Canadian. Blizzard is not pleased with that.

Because HuK used the account of his team member TLOs even in the Custom Games , during his Germany trip, and in his first official games of the HomeStoryCup, Blizzard intervenes. During the practice game for HuK vs Stephano Dennis 'TaKe' Gehlen received a phone call from Marc Olbertz, Community manager of Blizzard.

In this conversation he threatened that, in case of further Account-Sharing between TLO and HuK, Blizzard will close the account of TheLittleOne. Particularly he did not understand that custom games where played with that account. HuK did not seem to bother to change the account after his practice match for the game against Stephano. Now this could have consequences.

http://www.readmore.de/index.php?cont=news&id=8214

So apparently, you're not allowed to share accounts with your buddy? fuck you too blizzard

edit: http://twitter.com/#!/LorangerChris/status/84244696662155265

blizzard if u want me to play on my own account then at least make it so i can find a game, ive searched probably for a total of 20+ hours

--huk

zlatko

Banned
Hugoboss21 said:

So apparently, you're not allowed to share accounts with your buddy? fuck you too blizzard

This can't be serious. Why? Wtf? It's my account I can let anyone I want play on it, and as long as I don't sell it for $ gain then I don't see where Blizzard gets off. I suspect a lot of back pedaling in the future for Blizzard over this. If they stand their ground then they can go fuck themselves.

Yoshichan

Fucking morons. I will continue borrowing my account to my cousin and friends.

Yoshichan

Awesome Animals said:
We are, which is why I can make the joke with non-malicious intent!
♥ ♥ ♥ !

edit: time to head out and drink + talk Theorycraft II !

Won

zlatko said:
This can't be serious. Why? Wtf? It's my account I can let anyone I want play on it, and as long as I don't sell it for $ gain then I don't see where Blizzard gets off. I suspect a lot of back pedaling in the future for Blizzard over this. If they stand their ground then they can go fuck themselves.
Yoshichan said:
Fucking morons. I will continue borrowing my account to my cousin and friends.

Don't worry. No one will give a damn till you are top 10 grand masters.

BigAT

Hugoboss21 said:

edit: http://twitter.com/#!/LorangerChris/status/84244696662155265
I saw a thread once on the official forums where a guy asked some question and mentioned that he let his wife occasionally try out Starcraft by playing on his account, for single player shit mostly. A blue came in and reprimanded him, saying that he should stop that immediately and buy a second account for her to use and that they were in violation of the TOS and could be banned if they continued. His wife, playing in the same house he lived in...

It's so fucking stupid.

V_Arnold

Jesus christ, you guys are really new to this whole online security thing, huh.
You do not lend accounts left and right. You also cant defend any bad behaviour by saying it was your lover/best friend/cat/neighbor/DUDEBRO. You buy it for yourselves, and that is it.

Do whatever you want, but these are the rules. It is quite simple and understandable why these are the rules.

And HugoBoss, really? :( "Fuck you too, blizzard"? For what? For making an awesome game? Yeah, fuck them hard. :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
V_Arnold said:
You do not lend accounts left and right. You also cant defend any bad behaviour by saying it was your lover/best friend/cat/neighbor/DUDEBRO. You buy it for yourselves, and that is it.

Do whatever you want, but these are the rules. It is quite simple and understandable why these are the rules.

And HugoBoss, really? :( "Fuck you too, blizzard"? For what? For making an awesome game? Yeah, fuck them hard. :(
online security exists to protect the consumer from malicious usage, not to pad a companies pockets by threatening users away from freely using or sharing what they have bought.

Holden

V_Arnold said:

An awesome game, of a remake of a game that came 13 years ago, with less features.

Huk's ladder was broken cause his ranking was to high. Before blizzard should complain they should fix their shitty battle.net

6699_2a2d_500.jpeg

Q8D3vil

An awesome game, of a remake of a game that came 13 years ago, with less features.
i agree with the less features ( lan :( ), but is it really a remake of bw ?
everyone is saying sc2 and bw are 2 different games.

and yeah, fuck blizzard for threatening to lock tlo account.

V_Arnold

Alright. For me, its fucking simple.
Blizz does not threaten/enforce the EULA upon selected players: that EULA is powerless.
EVERY SINGLE friggin little guy from USA and EU will sue them to hell if Blizzard dares to ban them for account sharing and the could even wriggle out of bans cause 'my friend did it. And there is a precedent with Huk/TlO from here on if they are not trying to make this right, feels good, huh?

If you have something as a rule, it is the rule for everyone. That is about as far as any company should go when working with millions of people.

There is one think that Liquid Huk and his nice guild of Team Liquid could do, instead of searching for Elephants in the Room: try to make out a deal with Blizzard that allows them to have a multi-region "clan" account for the team (and for every major team out there with a championship win under their buckle) where it automatically counts as a +1 grandmaster in every region, does not have their ELO modified, and all team members (and only them!) can use it freely, in every region.

THAT is productive.
"Fuck you, Blizzard" is not productive.

V_Arnold

HugoBoss, awesome picture. Too bad it does not work with Blizzard games. But whatever, their name is in Activision Blizzard, so they *must* be evil, right? Right?

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
EULA's are powerless though.

Blizzard was pretty good with the hundreds of thousands of WoW account bans, SCII account bans where something happened against the EULA (account share, multiplayer cheating, hacking). Unless you mean they cannot say in the EULA that your children will be theirs and bring it to the jury, yeah. But otherwise... :D

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
They don't want people sharing as they're greedy companies who don't give a shit what there customers think, I'll continue to let people I trust play on any number of accounts for different games I have.

V_Arnold

Ikuu said:
They don't want people sharing as they're greedy companies who don't give a shit what there customers think, I'll continue to let people I trust play on any number of accounts for different games I have.

Alright. I will stop posting in this regard then, because I cannot understand what is greedy about this.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
You don't see what is greedy about telling someone they can't let their wife play on their account?

BigAT

Do you work for Blizzard or something? I don't see how you can be so staunchly for something that is so clearly anti-consumer.

ultron87

Ikuu said:
You don't see what is greedy about telling someone they can't let their wife play on their account?

Sure, I agree that letting household members play is fine. But where does it stop? Do you let your friends use your account? Co-workers? Should everyone you know and trust never have to buy a PC game that you own again?

Game sharing with PC games where anyone with your account info can download and play all your games is sticky business.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ultron87 said:
Sure, I agree that letting household members play is fine. But where does it stop? Do you let your friends use your account? Co-workers? Should everyone you know and trust never have to buy a PC game that you own again?
starcraft bw did fine locking one player per cdkey within any 5 minute span.

Yoshichan

Wow, what happened to V_Arnold?

V_Arnold

I am under the impression that if you do not agree with certain policies, you vote with your wallet, and that is how the system works. If I do not like not being able to do certain stuff with my account, then I do not buy the game, end of story.

I just do not see why Blizzard should open up regarding this. Where is that line? For someone, it is the wife (which, as far as I know, is a sudden change as in WoW, if you were in the same family - brother, wife, etc, you could legally share your account, unless that got modified), for another, some friend or a roommate.

I do not see what is anti consumer in a product that I buy for myself, and I can install the client to every single computer I meet, I can use SCII from anywhere in the world and have no limitations on the number of game installations, and I can continue to play with it online freely, till the end of time / server closures. I do not see the anti consumer property of this game, sorry. I bought this game for myself, and if I want my girlfriend to play with it, I buy one for her birthday, big deal.

Yoshichan said:
Wow, what happened to V_Arnold?

I dunno. Never liked jumping on the "fuck you, company xy whose game I currently play regardless" bandwagon when they are not even banning me, they are WARNING someone for their obvious breach of EULA. Jeez. Bad me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom