• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT2| GL HF GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome Animals said:
OMG, greatest name ever. haha...Time to change my SC, GAF, Steam, XBOX, etc. name to Tyler "TylerFisher" Fisher.

It is a shame my name doesn't flow as well. Maybe Tyler "TFish" Fisher. :p

If you have even the slightest interest in fighting games, they produce stuff here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/crosscountertv

Any of the "____________ Adventures" series of videos are great, they just play online with random people.

I always liked Destiny (he reminds me of someone I knew in high school) but I am not surprised he didn't stick long with Complexity. He has... interesting... yeah interesting manner and styles. Bonnell is still pretty good (relatively) and entertaining to watch. He seems to be doing fine with his streaming so that's good I guess.

Haunted

Mairu said:
Well, he still managed to qualify for IPL 2 where no coL guys were able to outside of Stalife (well, and drewbie and Minigun but they weren't coL when they qualified ;p)
:eek:

I didn't know that. I doubt he will prove me wrong in the IPL2, but who knows. I'm sure a passable player and popular streamer like him will find another team willing to take him on.

Awesome Animals said:
I don't. I'm ridiculously bad at them, which means I like playing them hammered and with other drunk and inexperienced people.

To be fair, neither am I, but I'm starting to find them far more exciting to watch than 90% of starcraft games.

jasonng

lOAXv.png

Obligatory and somewhat nonessential post. Shit, I've actually lost count on which number tonight is. I think it's the 30th Gaf Night? 29th? Anyways, it's the last one before the tournament begins so this is probably the last chance we can goof off before shit gets real.
The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>

<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Star Battle>
<City of Tempest>
<Mafia>
<MineralZ>

Mumble + Stream
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21
-Mumble Info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

WedgeX

Banned
jasonng said:
http://i.imgur.com/lOAXv.png

Obligatory and somewhat nonessential post. Shit, I've actually lost count on which number tonight is. I think it's the 30th Gaf Night? 29th? Anyways, it's the last one before the tournament begins so this is probably the last chance we can goof off before shit gets real.

Completely essential. And I salute you for it.

twofold

cdyhybrid said:
You wouldn't happen to have links to replays/VoDs of games where he uses this particular style would you? :p

http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft2/replays.php?&p1=Nerchio

The games against Happy are great since they show a perfect defense of the reactor hellion opening. The games against Cloud are great to know how to react to a 2-rax.

He still does go Muta from time to time (as well as doing some weird stuff like 7 pools), but there should be more than enough roach/ling/infestor replays there to get an idea of how the playstyle works.

A tip - drop loads of macro hatches, get +1 melee early and make as many Zerglings as you can. Spend minimal gas on Roaches (aim to have 12-20 at all times) and spend the rest on upgrades/Infestors/Brood Lords. You have to attack early with the Brood Lords (17~ish minute mark) - if you wait too long, the Terran can build up a force that'll stomp yours.

cdyhybrid

twofold said:

The games against Happy are great since they show a perfect defense of the reactor hellion opening. The games against Cloud are great to know how to react to a 2-rax.

He still does go Muta from time to time (as well as doing some weird stuff like 7 pools), but there should be more than enough roach/ling/infestor replays there to get an idea of how the playstyle works.

A tip - drop loads of macro hatches, get +1 melee early and make as many Zerglings as you can. Spend minimal gas on Roaches (aim to have 12-20 at all times) and spend the rest on upgrades/Infestors/Brood Lords. You have to attack early with the Brood Lords (17~ish minute mark) - if you wait too long, the Terran can build up a force that'll stomp yours.

I love you. Now I just have to wait for my pizza to get here and I'll have something to watch while I eat!

Dooraven

Hmm so Zerg dominant at MLG, Protoss dominant at DH, Terran dominant at GSL, so far pretty good.

Obviously this doesn't indicate anything about player skill though.

Rubashov

twofold said:

Thanks. I'll check these out tomorrow when I'm back home.

The whole "make as many zerglings as possible" is part of my problem in ZvT. If I can't harass on some maps then it doesn't feel right to have a ton of lings just hanging around doing nothing, but I guess I have to get over that.

Just today i had a game where I was way ahead but the Terran pushed out with what he could muster and I didn't have time/larva to crush him like i should have. A larger standing ground army would have helped.

Yay, won my first Gaf game. Sorry I wasn't talking much, I was worried my mic was giving feedback, since it was weird during the audio wizard.

I'm a scrubby platinum protoss who hasn't played nearly enough games to justify it. I have been playing more recently though.

Kaper

I just upgraded from a 2007 Macbook Pro w/ 8600GT to a new custom built PC and boy does SCII look good on max settings. I just might start playing more.

twofold

Rubashov said:
Thanks. I'll check these out tomorrow when I'm back home.

The whole "make as many zerglings as possible" is part of my problem in ZvT. If I can't harass on some maps then it doesn't feel right to have a ton of lings just hanging around doing nothing, but I guess I have to get over that.

Just today i had a game where I was way ahead but the Terran pushed out with what he could muster and I didn't have time/larva to crush him like i should have. A larger standing ground army would have helped.

Don't be afraid to drop a ton of macro hatcheries when playing ZvT Nerchio style. I couldn't make his Roach/Ling/Infestor style work initially because I'd constantly be limited by my larvae and would end up floating 1500-2000 minerals. It sucked.

Nowadays, I usually end up on 5 hatcheries while on 3 base. It's usually enough to produce a whole bunch of stuff and keep your resources low.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kaper said:
I just upgraded from a 2007 Macbook Pro w/ 8600GT to a new custom built PC and boy does SCII look good on max settings. I just might start playing more.
It's all about sitting on a $5000 PC and still play on extremely low settings, baby!

Q8D3vil

Yoshichan said:
It's all about sitting on a $5000 PC and still play on extremely low settings, baby!
exactly, although mine is between high and medium with ultra texture.
who needs ultra effects anyway

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

Q8D3vil said:
why are you ignoring me yoshi :(
Don't say that, you know how pissed off I was when you wrote to me... I even deleted you as friend + ignore ._. I'll have to add you again.

jersoc

anyone around silver league looking for a practice buddy? I could use one or 10.

jersoc.751. I play mostly late at night like around 2am'ish, but weekends evenings and what not work for me too.

Deadman

Homestory Cup starting in 20 minutes. Here are all the players

Group A:
(T)Jinro
(Z)MoMaN
(P)NightEnD
(P)SaSe

Group B:
(T)ThorZaIN
(Z)HayprO
(P)ToD
(P)HasuObs

Group C:
(Z)IdrA
(P)Grubby
(Z)Delphi
(T)ClouD

Group D:
(Z)Ret
(T)Jimpo
(P)Socke
(P)Adelscott

Group E:
(P)MC
(P)Tyler
(Z)XlorD
(T)DeMusliM

Group F:
(P)HuK
(Z)Stephano
(T)Naama
(P)iNSoLeNCE

Group G:
(P)NaNiwa
(P)Bischu
(Z)DIMAGA
(T)Tarson

Group H:
(Z)DarKFoRcE
(Z)Machine
(P)White-Ra
(T)GoOdy

Today is groups A-D. I dont know where the stream is, probably linked on TL though.

Yoshichan

Post the link here when you find it please :D

Yoshichan

They delayed it CUZ OF BOXER

twofold

Is Haypro alive? I swear he hasn't moved in the last ten minutes. It's freaking me out.

edit - Oh wait, he just stretched is arms. Cool.

Haunted

twofold said:
Is Haypro alive? I swear he hasn't moved in the last ten minutes. It's freaking me out.

edit - Oh wait, he just stretched is arms. Cool.
:lol :lol

Picked the spot in the very corner. That's so Hayder.

I see Grubby to the left and Moman and Adelscott next to him on the right, Nightend just walking through the picture... who's the guy in the bottom right?

twofold

Haunted said:
:lol :lol

Picked the spot in the very corner. That's so Hayder.

I see Grubby to the left and Moman and Adelscott next to him on the right, Nightend just walking through the picture... who's the guy in the bottom right?

I think it's ToD. French Protoss / ex WC3 pro.

Deadman

I just got my first zvt of this season. He 2 rax scv all ins me. The marines that come at first kill my few zerglings, queen, spawning pool. A spine crawler keeps me alive.

Then comes the second round of marines, this time with his scvs. My spawning pool isnt even remade yet, all i have are 4 banelings and the spine. A couple of banelings kill EVERYTHING and i win, lololololol.

Deadman said:
I just got my first zvt of this season. He 2 rax scv all ins me. The marines that come at first kill my few zerglings, queen, spawning pool. A spine crawler keeps me alive.

Then comes the second round of marines, this time with his scvs. My spawning pool isnt even remade yet, all i have are 4 banelings and the spine. A couple of banelings kill EVERYTHING and i win, lololololol.

That's why we 3 Rax all-in ><

jersoc said:
anyone around silver league looking for a practice buddy? I could use one or 10.

jersoc.751. I play mostly late at night like around 2am'ish, but weekends evenings and what not work for me too.

I'm Top Bronze, about to be Silver if you are looking for someone on (assuming you're NA). If I can remember, I will try and add you (shoddy memory). You can add me as well though, AwesmeAnimal.370

Finally finished my placement matches on NA servers and got placed into diamond. The highest rank opponent i faced was a top 8 platinum but the rest were around gold i think (3Z, 1P, 1T).

Hopefully i can compete when i actually face some diamonds but my play is very sloppy at the moment.

Edit: Also, plat in SEA = diamond in US. SEA superior confirmed.

Deadman said:

My last placement match i faced a terran who did a proxy rax into bunker rush followed up by a very obvious cloaked banshee (he scanned my main to check for evo chamber, had only one marine defending and a port in an easily scoutable position). By the time his banshee reached my base i was getting my third and had like 6 queens, he was still on one base.

I let him get his second base up which he turned into a planetary.

Hopefully i face more terrans around that standard :D.

ultron87

Haven't played Starcraft in almost a week. I blame randomly starting a trial of EVE Online.

It isn't even that fun or interesting. I just get a strange pleasure out of making money and building ships. Thankfully it isn't enjoyable enough to make me actually subscribe or anything.

zlatko

Banned
ultron87 said:
Haven't played Starcraft in almost a week. I blame randomly starting a trial of EVE Online.

It isn't even that fun or interesting. I just get a strange pleasure out of making money and building ships. Thankfully it isn't enjoyable enough to make me actually subscribe or anything.

Don't try League of Legends. Your SC2 time will slip to you just being a spectator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom