• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

Game wasn't really on my radar but I knew about it, no coop is a downer but hopefully that it has good success so they work on the coop patch they would like to do. I know From Dust developers had said something similar and even though the game sold good, we didn't hear anything about the coop patch they wanted. Anyways, probably going to pick this up, game looks really fun and the perma-death will add an exciting feature.

Game wasn't really on my radar but I knew about it, no coop is a downer but hopefully that it has good success so they work on the coop patch they would like to do. I know From Dust developers had said something similar and even though the game sold good, we didn't hear anything about the coop patch they wanted. Anyways, probably going to pick this up, game looks really fun and the perma-death will add an exciting feature.
I don't know anything about the From Dust devs, but having been a part of the SoD forum community, I can say that they're down to earth, personable, and honest and if they say they're going to add coop, they're not going to renege.

The devs were super close to the forums, always answering questions, discussing and sharing every aspect of game development and involving the community in everything. Hell, they just did a contest for forum members and the winners are being flown out to their offices for a launch party and others are getting free copies of the game.

So I'd say we can trust Undead Labs on their promises

So excited for this! This week just got SO much better! I really, really, REALLY, do hope that co-op is something that will happen in the future.

iRdEmSut4Iq7O.gif

Loved this part.

Anyway, we're only 2 and half hours away from a new let's play and only 15hrs or so away from release.

Excited!

OXM - 8/10
+ Open world full of enticing structures and hidden loot; noise management adds lots of tension.
+ Appealing mix of stealth, melee, and ranged combat; weapons galore; base/character upgrades.
– Mediocre graphics; minimal story; permanence of death may bug some players.
? How come zombies can climb fences but not ladders?

Warablo

I will most likely pick this game up.. Also hope the DayZ standalone does good, I want it on next-gen consoles..

EDIT: Bing rewards redeem feature is acting up.. Keeps redirecting me to Bing Home.. Can't redeem my points for this game.. lmao..

Less than 30mins left until episode 4 of let's play.

WOOOO!

Can't wait buddy, should be awesome. Game sure has got me hooked, and ready to go. Really liking all the little things you can interact with in the open world to keep you busy. Wonder if we will get another Hank Hill impersonation from Ryan?

Karak

I wonder if you can run into some non-friendly human survivors or if its just zombie killing.

You can.

Influence mechanic looks great. Loving that you can't just grab stuff but have to earn it through influence.
Expect to hear teeter-totter or equal summations of the overall usage/cost mechanics in the game.

The real issue the big crux really is that for many people the small technical issues like the FPS and popup WILL cause the typical polarization we all know and love.

eXistor

Give me an open world and zombie-survival thrown into it and I have to play it. I'm expecting some jank though, hopefully the game-enhancing kind.

Expect to hear teeter-totter or equal summations of the overall usage/cost mechanics in the game.

The real issue the big crux really is that for many people the small technical issues like the FPS and popup WILL cause the typical polarization we all know and love.

Yeah, the pop in and slow down was a bit more noticeable in this video. Still nowhere near enough to put me off. Hell, I'm so pumped for this game I doubt anything could put me off at this point.

I didn't mention this yesterday, but how cool is booking it out the window when shit really hits the fan. I love it, so epic and cowardly at the same time.

Karak

I didn't mention this yesterday, but how cool is booking it out the window when shit really hits the fan. I love it, so epic and cowardly at the same time.

Last Stands, leaping through windows, fighting enemies off pickups, slow motion knees to the head, zombies stuck to your vehicle as you drive around.
Its pretty much all cool.
All the videos i've seen have some seriously brutal screen tearing :S
If its the IGN videos or copies of those videos, it is their recording software. Per them.

Yet another great episode. Was hoping they'd show more of the base building mechanic, but the broad strokes were fine.

Can't wait for the review and final episode.

Last Stands, leaping through windows, fighting enemies off pickups, slow motion knees to the head, zombies stuck to your vehicle as you drive around.
Its pretty much all cool.

I fear for my social life after tomorrow.

I'm wondering whenever PC does release if it will have mod support and coop...

This isn't likely to happen.
I think they said that they mainly focused on the XBLA version but it was a while ago so it might have changed since. First, let's hope that they release a GFWL-free optimized and decent port (and when I mean decent I mean screen resolutions, detail settings and key mapping) and then we'll see about mods and coop.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I might say screw it and wake up at 6AM just so I can download it right around release. Only games I've done that for are Symphony of The Night and Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

I might say screw it and wake up at 6AM just so I can download it right around release. Only games I've done that for are Symphony of The Night and Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

Waking at 7am and will be refreshing Xbox.Com until it pops up and then begins my 40hr+ gaming session.

kejigoto

Banned
Been looking forward to this one for a long time but right now I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. I hardly ever game on my 360 anymore so the idea of a PC port is very appealing since I primarily play there but there's no word on what is going on with the PC version.

With money being a little tight at the moment $20 is a high asking price for something that I may not come back to if a PC version pops up soon. Trying to decide if I should just jump on it day one and say to hell with it or if I should hold off to see if the PC version does actually come out.

Seems recently Microsoft isn't too big on supporting the PC so I could see this just staying on XBLA.

The lack of co-op and such doesn't bother me because I don't have Gold anymore.

kejigoto

Banned

Oh nice thanks for that and definitely appreciate the info! Just wish we had a time frame on when it will arrive though. I could see the mod community doing a lot with this one plus I'd like the extra performance.

Thinking I may jump on this tomorrow though just to play it. Been playing a lot of the Dead Linger Alpha which is still in rough shape but coming along. This feels like a more polished zombie survival experience I've been looking for.

Ryan_IGN

My IGN review is written and in the editing process now. Look for it at midnight tonight if you're interested.

Thank you all for the kind words about our Let's Play videos!

My IGN review is written and in the editing process now. Look for it at midnight tonight if you're interested.

Thank you all for the kind words about our Let's Play videos!

Awesome, can't wait.

By the way, still waiting for more Hank in the let's play video. Final video tomorrow...

Top Bottom