• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

Trigger

And how the hell do people have such insane fame numbers?! There's hundreds of people with tens of thousands of fame points. I have 500!

Maybe they're grinding? I suppose you could hit that number by doing lots of quests and not using your influence at all. I have like 280 something, lol.

Vamphuntr

Yeah, my game is in a no event state as well. Still waiting on the army missions and hopefully the last after that.

The last story mission I did was to
get the watch from Lily dad's corpse from the ranger station at the beginning of the game.

Also it seems no matter what I ask Lily to find on the map, it no longer displays anything even though building are still full of items.

samjaza

Well the game looks interesting, but i guess i will have to wait for it to come out on pc, hopefully they announce something soon.

aku:jiki

Maybe they're grinding? I suppose you could hit that number by doing lots of quests and not using your influence at all. I have like 280 something, lol.
Yeah, they must know something the rest of the community for this game doesn't yet. The achievement community is all struggling to figure out how to gain fame to get 500 for the achievements, but these guys have 30,000, haha.

Would've liked to know what they did earlier today, before I spent like 3 hours grinding out XP for the measly 1 fame point per 1 level gained.

I tried to check for you but I'm too lazy to start the game on a new account (so I end up at the bottom and don't have to scroll through 80000 pages of names to get there).

I did notice that some jackass has already hacked the leaderboards and placed himself on top of all of them, though. And how the hell do people have such insane fame numbers?! There's hundreds of people with tens of thousands of fame points. I have 500!
All you have to do is press Y a few times till it goes to Global ranks, then go up. It cycles to the end of the list

Geez.

Maybe if it was 1200... $20 is asking a lot for a janky XBLA game.

I gotta admit I hesitantly took the plunge yesterday but played for about 4 hours but im glad i did. Game has more depth and interesting ideas to it than most $60 games.

I kinda wish something like this was on the vita. Graphics would suit it fine and it would be the killer app people would be asking for. Then again, im just glad a game like this exists.

Vamphuntr

So for those that beat the game do you actually have to go somewhere special to trigger story missions? I've been doing nothing but the random boring missions since no story missions are popping up anymore. I've checked around forums and it seems to be pretty common :/

Nice sales, now gives us the coop!!

So I think I ran into the "Too Many Infections" glitch finally. I just switched bases from the church to the warehouse when an infection marker popped up right now to my new base and the Too Many Infections message popped up. So I cleared it out only to realize it was still there and their weren't any other infection zones around where I was. I looked on my map and found 2 more side by side in two orchards in the direct center of the map, so a good ways away from my old and new bases. I took a truck there and wiped out the infections and the message cleared up. So far my game is going great, no losses yet, everyone is happy, I have plenty of supplies (though building supplies is starting to become more and more crucial), and I have a wide range of good leveled up characters. Backed up this save file just in case I get that glitch again and I don't know where the infections are. So far though this game has been nothing but spectacular, just needs that coop.

I feel a little cheap but I had to do it... I'm only glad it worked.

I found a way to avoid the death of a character in the case of an accidental mishap resulting from being mauled to death by a feral and a horde on the way back to base returning some supplies.

I even got the achievement for having a character die. As Maya lay their being ravaged by the Zeds, I dashboarded.

Upon resuming, the rucksack I had been carrying was laying on the ground exactly where I had been ambushed, and Maya was at the base in Hurt status, but not dead. So somehow the game captured the state between events but right before I guess the character actually died and switched me to the next one.

I fear for Maya overly so now because she's gone missing twice since the event, and she's my second best character after Marcus. I can't shake this feeling that it's one of those Final Destination things where she was snatched from death and now it's back to finish her off...

I think something may be wrong with the game, No story missions are appearing at all. I am pretty sure I am near the end as well :/ Anyone know of a way to progress?

LowerLevel

I feel a little cheap but I had to do it... I'm only glad it worked.

I found a way to avoid the death of a character in the case of an accidental mishap resulting from being mauled to death by a feral and a horde on the way back to base returning some supplies.

I even got the achievement for having a character die. As Maya lay their being ravaged by the Zeds, I dashboarded.

Upon resuming, the rucksack I had been carrying was laying on the ground exactly where I had been ambushed, and Maya was at the base in Hurt status, but not dead. So somehow the game captured the state between events but right before I guess the character actually died and switched me to the next one.

I fear for Maya overly so now because she's gone missing twice since the event, and she's my second best character after Marcus. I can't shake this feeling that it's one of those Final Destination things where she was snatched from death and now it's back to finish her off...

I hear ya bro. I went looking for building supplies too in a house near the church before leaving for my daughter's recital. Using Marcus, thinking since he is my best, it would go easy. For some reason while looting the house, quietly no less, the place gets swarmed by 6 Zed, including a swat guy? Marcus (with a little help from me and the controller) goes Batman on all of them and I don't take a hit! Powerhouse with the two handed axe = badass. He was winded as fuck, but he prevailed. Damn left bumper+"y" mashing fool... Of course, I grab a rucksack and see the telltale sign of a horde approaching. So I wimped out back to the church. Have yet to take on a horde without a car... So scared to loose a favorite. But of course, I get back to the church to see Alan have an action with the priest! Which in turn shortly later helped cause Maya to be depressed or some shit. Already lost Sam, PLEASE not Maya too!

LowerLevel

Hopefully more developers start to make moderate budgeted retail style games like this, whether on PSN/XBLA/Steam or retail.

I wonder if Microsoft is going to make a move and purchase Undead Labs?

As much as I would LOVE MS to have more 1st party options, I do not want them to buy this team. I'd be afraid they'd pull an ActiBlizz and force to many sequels or prematurely release Class 4 or something. Maybe secure complete publishing rights? That I'd go for.

harSon

Banned
As much as I would LOVE MS to have more 1st party options, I do not want them to buy this team. I'd be afraid they'd pull an ActiBlizz and force to many sequels or prematurely release Class 4 or something. Maybe secure complete publishing rights? That I'd go for.

That might not be the case considering the reason they ultimately went with Microsoft is because they were the only publisher that wasn't demanding that they do a World of Warcraft style game.

I hear ya bro. I went looking for building supplies too in a house near the church before leaving for my daughter's recital. Using Marcus, thinking since he is my best, it would go easy. For some reason while looting the house, quietly no less, the place gets swarmed by 6 Zed, including a swat guy? Marcus (with a little help from me and the controller) goes Batman on all of them and I don't take a hit! Powerhouse with the two handed axe = badass. He was winded as fuck, but he prevailed. Damn left bumper+"y" mashing fool... Of course, I grab a rucksack and see the telltale sign of a horde approaching. So I wimped out back to the church. Have yet to take on a horde without a car... So scared to loose a favorite. But of course, I get back to the church to see Alan have an action with the priest! Which in turn shortly later helped cause Maya to be depressed or some shit. Already lost Sam, PLEASE not Maya too!

Same happened to me with Marcus...except my Marcus died.

I got overconfident while fighting a horde in the narrow space by the restrooms in the church base town. I felt like a badass taking down the horde, but then my stamina was spent and an f'ing feral blindsided me. I escape once, but now other zombies were there. Slowed me down and then the feral got me again and ripped Marcus in half.

The game reminds of Dark Souls in that aspect. If you get overconfident and get careless, you're setting yourself for a fast death.

Karak

If this was a full price game I would buy it. Easily one of the best games of this gen. Probably the best RPG of the generation.

Agreed

That might not be the case considering the reason they ultimately went with Microsoft is because they were the only publisher that wasn't demanding that they do a World of Warcraft style game.

Ya I don't think MS fully changed there ways but there was a thread here where a couple devs on their twitters or on a news story had said that MS came to them and wanted devs who were working on NONE normal industry games.

Planned changes for upcoming patch currently in certification
Hola fellow survivors. Just wanted you to know we submitted Title Update 1 to certification this afternoon.

Title Updates have to go through a "mini certification" process, so it will be a bit before these roll out, but we wanted to let you know what was coming. We expect the update to be available next week. We'll keep you posted as we have more specific information.

Here is what we've fixed:

NEW: Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer's Mill.
The "Too many infestations!" event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
UPDATED: The "Too many infestations" to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer's Mill when called to gather supplies.
You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson's farmhouse.
Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
Fixed various translations bugs.

Jeff
http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthread.php?18672-Title-Update-1-submitted
Left my crew with a "DANGER: Big Un Sighting". Hopefully things will be ok. Barricaded the windows just in case that makes a difference.

Killed two of those damned things back to back right before, seems like they just won't stop popping up.

Vamphuntr

Apparently I'm stuck with the game breaking bug. There is a bug that prevents story missions from spawning and preventing you from beating the game. Many people are stuck on gamefaqs and on the official forums.

Awful. I played so much that I pretty much looted some resources completely and with time passing until a patch that will correct this I'm screwed. This game is beyond broken :(

Mindlog

Finally got to spend some quality time with the game. Got the hang of various systems and missions. Slowly upgrading my church. I've scouted out enough supplies to last a very long time. Picked up a few more survivors.

Forgot about the Doctor. So, Ed's dead.
Still... Doing well.

Strange quirk. I drive backwards pretty much everywhere. The lower speed helps with framerate and mowing down every zombie is easy.

Apparently I'm stuck with the game breaking bug. There is a bug that prevents story missions from spawning and preventing you from beating the game. Many people are stuck on gamefaqs and on the official forums.

Awful. I played so much that I pretty much looted some resources completely and with time passing until a patch that will correct this I'm screwed. This game is beyond broken :(

This is happening to me too :/ Totally sucks.

Trigger

Wow, what point at the game has this happened to you?

Planned changes for upcoming patch currently in certification

NEW: Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation

So this means no one can die when you've turned the game off, right? I think that's reasonable, can't have too much out of your control or then the game feels cheap.

Vamphuntr

Wow, what point at the game has this happened to you?

After doing the memento mission :/

I tried doing what they said on the forum and to simply exit the game and come back but it's not working. Happened to people on gfaqs and the official forums too.

So this means no one can die when you've turned the game off, right? I think that's reasonable, can't have too much out of your control or then the game feels cheap.

Those that are not your friends can still die, ie those you cannot play as yet because their trust isn't maxed.

Feral Zed is a true asshole. The fat boss zombies are easy to kill in comparison.
I'm the opposite, I just keep spamming attack and the feral zed will fall over eventually, FINISH HIM with LB+Y. Fatty on the other hand, if I don't have any firebombs with me then I'm shit out of luck. What's your easy method for killing him?

Kard8p3

Damn you GAF, you made this so appealing. I don't need to spend any more money until I can drop some cash on The Last of Us; but I already did it ;_;. SoD is downloading as we speak. This better be worth it..

Trigger

After doing the memento mission :/

I tried doing what they said on the forum and to simply exit the game and come back but it's not working. Happened to people on gfaqs and the official forums too.

Ah, I was a cunt and ignored it.

Damn you GAF, you made this so appealing. I don't need to spend any more money until I can drop some cash on The Last of Us; but I already did it ;_;. SoD is downloading as we speak. This better be worth it..

It is.
Xs8eiNf.gif

I'm the opposite, I just keep spamming attack and the feral zed will fall over eventually, FINISH HIM with LB+Y. Fatty on the other hand, if I don't have any firebombs with me then I'm shit out of luck. What's your easy method for killing him?

QFT. Everytime I see a mission asking me to kill one I just load up on bombs because nothing else seems to work effectively.

Finally got around to playing it, and I'm really enjoying it so far! If this had a co-op mode, it would be even better.

Maybe in a potential sequel.

Finally got around to playing it, and I'm really enjoying it so far! If this had a co-op mode, it would be even better.

Maybe in a potential update.

Fixed. Dev's have said they are hoping to get it in sometime in the future. No promises, but there's still hope for co-op SoD.

Is there a way to get guys to automatically go out and get supplies? Maybe I am just using outposts wrong. I assumed that by setting up outposts at sites with materials, guys would automatically go out and scavenge. But that doesn't seem to happen. For example two outposts I had in the first area, have construction materials. I'm now about 15-20 hours into the game and those places still have the bags of construction material in there if I go and check. I can still bag it and take it home.

Does setting outposts up there just lower the amount of supplies you lose per day or something? Basically, I have 4 outposts with construction material but never seem to get any unless I go and get it myself.

Outposts are for establishing a (somewhat) safe zone that has a supply locker connected to your main base. You can't drop off supply bags, but you can offload or take inventory there. Also from the base screen of your journal you can select outposts at the bottom of the screen and build traps.

As for gathering supplies, if you open the crate and highlight the supplies there is an option to send a runner to pick it up. I can't remember which button, maybe X or you might use down on the d-pad. Be wary though because if you send a runner through some hairy shit you might get a call on the radio for assistance. I just had one of my runners try to run through a horde.. she went down and I nearly lost my character trying to save her ass. Wasted all of my bullets and firecrackers trying to get those fuckers off of her but in the end she pulled the pin on her grenade and took em all to hell with her. :'(

Oh.
So I've just found out that this game continues even when you've switched off to a fashion.

I've been away a couple of days with work and was doing quite well on the game.

Am i now going to return to all that undone because i couldn't play every day?

wwm0nkey

Oh.
So I've just found out that this game continues even when you've switched off to a fashion.

I've been away a couple of days with work and was doing quite well on the game.

Am i now going to return to all that undone because i couldn't play every day?

No its not THAT bad, just make sure you didn't leave anyone unhappy. Worst case is maybe 1 person died and some supplies need to be restocked but thats it and it will take minutes to get back on track

Grimsen

Great game that came out of nowhere for me.

Watched the GB quicklook, and played the demo, and bought the game before my 30 minutes was up.

Having a good time so far.

Is moving to another homebase worthwhile? Does it add more building slots?

Every time I see this game the more I want to get it. For all of you who have been playing is the screen-tearing over exaggerated? I watched the IGN review and I felt like it was tearing 90% of the time.

wwm0nkey

Every time I see this game the more I want to get it. For all of you who have been playing is the screen-tearing over exaggerated? I watched the IGN review and I felt like it was tearing 90% of the time.

IGN had some weird capture equipment, its not that bad at all.

Fjordson

Not as bad as that, but it definitely has tearing.

Try out the demo and see how you feel. I think most of the technical issues fade a bit when you get into the rhythm of the game, but there are issues, no two ways about it. Framerate dropping when you're driving is also pretty noticeable, but it's nothing game breaking in my opinion.

charsace

Let him do his charge. At the end of his charge you can melee him.

http://undeadlabs.com/2013/06/news/breaking-records/

Incredible and fully deserved.

Hope this is a thumbs up for Class 4.

Bloody amazing, I can't begin to imagine how the developers must e feeling after seeing it just explode straight out of the gate.

Absolutely deserved and I truly hope they go on to big, big things. I know for sure I'll be following any and everything they put out.

Anyway, finally progressed the story some last night. Managed to unlock that 'special feature', which is bloody handy and a bloody joy to use. Set up a workshop, but haven't yet moved to explosives, began a search for a new location to move to and discovered an abandoned town that was creepy as hell when playing at 3am at night.

Jesus, this game man. THIS GAME.

Top Bottom