• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

aku:jiki

Nice, my camp isn't all decimated to shit today and is in fine status. Gotta enjoy the little things!

After doing the memento mission :/

I tried doing what they said on the forum and to simply exit the game and come back but it's not working. Happened to people on gfaqs and the official forums too.
I have the same problem, and it did finally get unstuck after a few hours. Like way after I had delivered the watch, I went to home base for another reason and Lily was like "my dad's watch!" I think it may have been after I started the game again.

I'd say give it a shot and keep playing 2-4 more hours, that's about how long it took to snap out of it and start working again for me.

Well I just bought the full game as my trial ended, was on my way to get the medicine for the church as Maya and the next thing I know I'm pounced upon by some zombie and my hatchet breaks. Maya is now dead....

derFeef

Hours fly in this game. I have a new favourite survivor, a woman with a beanie ;)
However, I am trying to use whoever I can to do things to even out their leveling a bit.

So when is it time to move out to another base?

Trigger

I've decided to take a day off to focus on other things. I'm kinda curious to see how my base will look when I return later tonight.

So when is it time to move out to another base?

Light spoiler:
The game will suggest you move after you move the story forward a bit more.

I'm the opposite, I just keep spamming attack and the feral zed will fall over eventually, FINISH HIM with LB+Y. Fatty on the other hand, if I don't have any firebombs with me then I'm shit out of luck. What's your easy method for killing him?
Does driving a car into him do anything at all? I backed into him like four times and eventually I accidentally run into something that explodes for some reason, and he's still not dead. Have had to try to create some distance and just shoot him a bunch in the face.

It's kind of the small uns that keep running up that makes the fight difficult to manage though.

could someone link me the marketplace link? I'm to stupid to find this

edit: somehow this game is still not released here in germany. have to use a different account. mystery solved

Got absolutely mauled by a mob of zombies and Ed didnt make it (was getting swamped by about 20 of them). And I bailed with a little bit of my health left. Went back with a car a minute later and smashed them all over and ran over a stray zombie near where ed died. The zombie dropped ed's bag so he must've turned. So surprised with the level of detail in this game.

moai

noooooo, just lost ed :( got overconfident and on my way home saw a house that i didn't noticed before, "couldn't hurt to check it out" i open the door and there was 1 feral zombies and two normal ones that teared me apart.

Man the LB+A and then LB+Y approach to combat is a bit overpowered, the fastest way to do combat apart from taking your gun/grenades out.

Looking forward to the patch, don't want to see any more playable characters die on me :(

Kard8p3

Man this game is amazing, and I only just got back the tutorial area.

It's my first night; and I am too scared to leave, lmao.

You guys are using the leaderboards to measure sales? If another user on my 360 plays the game, do they not get added to the leaderboard too?

I think your account needs to be logged in if you want somebody to play a XBLA game of you. Or maybe that is only when the console is offline or I am completely wrong.

Anyhow, it should probably be only seen as an indication, I doubt it makes a very significant difference.

I think your account needs to be logged in if you want somebody to play a XBLA game of you. Or maybe that is only when the console is offline or I am completely wrong.

Anyhow, it should probably be only seen as an indication, I doubt it makes a very significant difference.

If the license is on that 360, the user that bought the game doesn't have to be logged in. And can be played online or offline.

You guys are using the leaderboards to measure sales? If another user on my 360 plays the game, do they not get added to the leaderboard too?

http://undeadlabs.com/2013/06/news/breaking-records/
"We have sold more than a quarter million copies since we released the game two days ago. State of Decay has smashed all kinds of records. The only game that ever sold more on XBLA this fast was Minecraft…an already hugely popular game.

There just aren’t the words to describe the feeling.

This was you. We did not have an ad budget. We didn’t have a physical copy to load onto shelves, no worldwide multimedia push, no studio reputation with millions of followers. All we had was what we believed was a great game and a great community. And make no mistake, a solid game is not enough, not in 2013. Plenty of great games wither away in obscurity. This train got rolling because you got out and pushed.

Oh, and by the way, we're already north of 270K"

derFeef

I am getting mad Monster Hunter vibes sometimes. Gather up, take from stash what you need -> go for the next mission, a scavenge run or clear out infestations.

I hit one of the big fat fatties with a truck and the truck flipped twice and landed on the hood. Next gen video sharing needs to get here faster.

If you can get them to fall down and then run them over, you can kill the quickly, though the pop up pretty fast. Just hit one once and he fell down and managed to run him over before he popped back up.

Also had to take Raul for a few walks because of his anger, but he has been fine after the third one, pretty much going out and doing non-stop supply runs for food, I think we turned a corner in his development. :*)

OrangeOak

So I want to move from church but I don't know how to find other places that are good to live in.
How to recognize place in where you can built base?

I need to get to the point where I can move to the warehouse. Gotta do a few more story missions I guess.

Have you saved Lily's bro yet?

I moved to the warehouse too. I must just be getting some bad luck. Gotta start building up my defences now.

That sucks, get a watchtower up as soon as, hopefully that will bring some relief. Also might be a good idea to turnt he nearby buildings into outposts to stop infestations and keep hordes, ferals, etc to a minimum near your home base.

quickwhips

Those guys deserve it they really loved making this game if you met them at PAX East. Its such a good game and its crazy how each play through can go so different.

So I want to move from church but I don't know how to find other places that are good to live in.
How to recognize place in where you can built base?

It's linked to a mission you'll receive after you say Lily's bro Jacob. He'll be in the church and you won't be able to miss it. If you've rescued Jacob and it hasn't activated yet, do some missions, resource scavenging and it will pop up eventually.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It's linked to a mission you'll receive after you say Lily's bro Jacob. He'll be in the church and you won't be able to miss it. If you've rescued Jacob and it hasn't activated yet, do some missions, resource scavenging and it will pop up eventually.

Cool. And there warehouse is somewhere SE of town right?

edit: this is game that I would really like to have a nice paper strategy guide.

Tangeroo

I apologize if this already been answered but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to select weapon specializations or skills. I have several characters at level 7 in multiple fields (fighting, powerhouse, wits, etc) and it tells me I can select skills/weapon specializations but I have no idea how to actually do it.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
noooooo, just lost ed :( got overconfident and on my way home saw a house that i didn't noticed before, "couldn't hurt to check it out" i open the door and there was 1 feral zombies and two normal ones that teared me apart.

I lost a character like that last night. Man I was pissed at myself.

OrangeOak

Thanks.
I totally forgot about this guy asking for a new place to live :D
Also great to see that this game sold so well.I hope this means good support and coop patch!

I apologize if this already been answered but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to select weapon specializations or skills. I have several characters at level 7 in multiple fields (fighting, powerhouse, wits, etc) and it tells me I can select skills/weapon specializations but I have no idea how to actually do it.

I haven't reached this far into levelling up as I've been swtiching characters regularly, but I expect it's linked to the workshop somehow.

Apologies couldn't be of more help. Here's the wiki, maybe this will be of help...

http://stateofdecay.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons

Thanks.
I totally forgot about this guy asking for a new place to live :D
Also great to see that this game sold so well.I hope this means good support and coop patch!

No probs and yes, it's bloody fantastic they've found success.

Picked this up after reading the thread... Damn you Gaf. Sure the game is a little Janky at spots with some pop-up but for $20 hey. I am still early on just got to the Church and the run to the Vet. Demo had bigger bags at the campsite and the full version didn't :( I'm the type that has to check every single house so this should keep me busy for a while.

Lily's brother is gay, right?
Just wanting to make sure I was interpreting that rescue scene the way it was intended. If so, I like the way more and more games are nonchalantly creating gay characters like its no big deal. Because it shouldnt be.

Trigger

I wish this game had hostile survivor groups. It'd make scavenging more interesting, I think.

Lily's brother is gay, right?
Just wanting to make sure I was interpreting that rescue scene the way it was intended. If so, I like the way more and more games are nonchalantly creating gay characters like its no big deal. Because it shouldnt be.

Yes, it's a lot more apparent later down the line.

Yep, for reference sake, it's called the Snyder trucking warehouse.

If you thought the first town was impressive, the second town where this warehouse is located will blow your mind.
I know what you mean. It was the perfect moment for me. I wanted to have an adventure so I walked from the church to the other town. By the time I got there, it was night. Not a zombie in sight. Totally quiet. Abandoned cars everywhere. It really felt like something from 28 Days Later or TWD

And then I climbed the nearest survey point and...damn

Top Bottom