• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

Marcus died. I made the trip to make the trade, found an extra loot rucksack and made it back to church. Literally right outside, a big zombie that ran on all fours killed me.

juraii

this game is already a big hit the only reason half my friends don't own this is because of multiplayer. that would make it a really big hit oh Co-op where art thou

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Guys. How do i "move out" of the church ?

I found a big ass farm in one of the missions (lily's brother), and i set up an outpost there, but .. nothing's happening. All the survivors are still at the church ? Is it because I have some upgrades being built ? or is there some other way entirely to make a new base camp ?

Trigger

Guys. How do i "move out" of the church ?

I found a big ass farm in one of the missions (lily's brother), and i set up an outpost there, but .. nothing's happening. All the survivors are still at the church ? Is it because I have some upgrades being built ? or is there some other way entirely to make a new base camp ?

You chose the wrong selection on the menu. All you have to do is select "relocate base" on the menu while at the farm; you don't select the outpost option. Everything will move there (except base upgrades). It's not possible if you don't meet the requirements (which is always a matter of how big your group is and building supplies).

Where is the farm by the way?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You chose the wrong selection on the menu. All you have to do is select "relocate base" on the menu while at the farm; you don't select the outpost option. Everything will move there (except base upgrades). It's not possible if you don't meet the requirements (which is always a matter of how big your group is and building supplies).

Where is the farm by the way?

The farm is around the center of the map, it's the place you rescue Jacob (I think that's what lily's brothers name is). I don't have the relocate base option at all.

Trigger

The farm is around the center of the map, it's the place you rescue Jacob (I think that's what lily's brothers name is). I don't have the relocate base option at all.

You may have the wrong location. All potential home sites have the option to relocate. Maybe a dumb question, but does it say "potential home site" on the map?

Lima

anyway around this? I got the demo with my us-account, but I cannot unlock the game with my german (main) account. Proxy?!?

You need to unlock the full game with your US account. You can't unlock it with your German account because the game is not uploaded to the marketplace yet.

Minsc

Gold Member
When will this game be released on pc?

"Not soon"

community director Sanya Weathers said:
We are still working on the PC version, and I don’t have a really good estimate for completion. Too much depends on third parties. It isn’t going to be soon by any meaningful use of the word ‘soon’.

Hopefully sometime this year, but I don't know if you should count on it.

bitoriginal

Arghh. How the fuck do I find more survivors? I keep helping people out but I only earn a bit of trust, I sent out a call to survivors and waited 20 minutes and the woman couldn't find any. I want to move to the warehouse but I only have 8 people, and my building supplies keep diminishing. It's really starting to irritate me. I also have the too many infestations glitch.

derFeef

That's the first open world sandbox game (I played) where you bascially can do what you want, and STILL contribute to the main goal of the game. It's so awesome.

Trigger

I'm starting to wonder if the side-quests have multiple routes. I'm not happy with how the Grange's storyline concluded. Maybe I did something wrong.

Arghh. How the fuck do I find more survivors? I keep helping people out but I only earn a bit of trust, I sent out a call to survivors and waited 20 minutes and the woman couldn't find any. I want to move to the warehouse but I only have 8 people, and my building supplies keep diminishing. It's really starting to irritate me. I also have the too many infestations glitch.

Those are the only methods. If you keep playing for awhile something will come up eventually. Use this opportunity to train your other survivors.

This is also my situation.
I'll try sending out one more call, after that I guess I'll just have to keep living in the house and let whatever happens happen. Hopefully I'll stumble upon survivors sooner rather than later.

Thought it'd be quick and easy to find survivors in a new town. That bunkhouse I built will have been a complete waste of resources. Don't know if I should tear it down and build a training area/dojo instead.

More opportunities to help them will eventually arise, and once the Trust bar is filled, they will request to join you, give it time.

Lily and her radio actually never helped me in finding any survivors, it doesn't even work on locating resources now, don't know what the deal is.

bitoriginal

I'll try sending out one more call, after that I guess I'll just have to keep living in the house and let whatever happens happen. Hopefully I'll stumble upon survivors sooner rather than later.

Thought it'd be quick and easy to find survivors in a new town. That bunkhouse I built will have been a complete waste of resources. Don't know if I should tear it down and build a training area/dojo instead.

This is my problem. I'm not going to bother improving the Church because I want to move out, but I can't move out until I find survivors, which appears to be completely random. I could play for another 4 hours and be no closer to my goal. Kinda destroying my incentive to continue at this point.

Jhoan

I instantly fell in love with the demo, caved, and bought it. It's been pretty damn good technical issues aside. This game is a lot like Dark Souls in that if your character dies, you have to go retrieve their stuff but with perma-death character switching ala ZombiU.

I lost my Marcus and Maya yesterday. They got torn up by a pack of zombies including a Feral and they had some damn good stats. :( I'm currently using the dude with the beanie and got a new survivor bringing my total up to about 13 or so. Specializing in Blunt Weapons and got the Rage perk. The Pastor's getting sick so I'm gonna have to get medicine for him.

I moved my base to the outskirts of Marshall next to the Gas Station. So far, I have a Med Bay, a Watch Tower, a sleeping quarter, and I believe a Construction tent to maintain my weapons and speed up construction as well as several dedicated parking spaces by default. The game is recommending that I make a Garden but I might make a Library and a Training quarter. But construction resources have been low so I have to keep fetching them. I wish there was a fast travel feature in this game to cut traveling time. I also have a bunch of infestations and several missions to do. I've been loving every minute of the game.

Trigger

Keep it and also get a dojo for the the benefits. It's worth it to have the extra beds.

This is my problem. I'm not going to bother improving the Church because I want to move out, but I can't move out until I find survivors, which appears to be completely random. I could play for another 4 hours and be no closer to my goal. Kinda destroying my incentive to continue at this point.
Oh, that was my situation before I moved to the Savini house in Marshal. You will eventually have to move to a lesser location than the warehouse, as resources become more scarce back at the church. And if the first town is out of survivors, that's that in my experience, more aren't gonna pop up.

Survivors haven't popped up for me in Marshal yet, but they'll have to eventually. Just a matter of how much construction material I'll have to waste waiting for my 7 to get upped to 12.

With 8 survivors you can either move to the farmhouse or the Savini house. I wanted to be closer to resources, missions and whatnot, but generally people seem to think the farmhouse is a better base. I dunno.

If you've got 8 survivors and
the Pastor and/or Alan are not yet gone, time may be of the essence as they will eventually catch the zombie flu
and then you'll only have 6-7 and will have to move to an even suckier base.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Which warehouse is it everyone keeps saying to move to ? Or is the best one in the game. I haven't seen one yet that I can move to, only some houses and that farmhouse. I'll probably move soon though, getting a bit fed up being at the church plus my survivors are always going bloody missing. Maybe that's just something that happens regardless though.

Well looks like I finished the missions with the sherrif and mayor, the army, and the wilkersons, I still have missions for Ray, and I don't know what else is left at this point for main story. There has be be something else. Last I talked to that one groupd of survivors I told the guy about what the woman's previous job was LOL that was funny! :D

Keep it and also get a dojo for the the benefits. It's worth it to have the extra beds.
The place only has three facility spots. Got a bunkhouse, medical area and basic workshop. Suppose I'd waste the most material by scrapping the bunkhouse, but it's kind of a waste of a facility slot until I find more people.

SinsArmor

Neo Member
Which warehouse is it everyone keeps saying to move to ? Or is the best one in the game. I haven't seen on yet that I can move to, only some houses and that farmhouse. I'll probably move soon though, getting a bit fed up being at the church plus my survivors are always going bloody missing. Maybe that's just something that happens regardless though.

its in the bottom left town on the map theirs like a river separating the town its in the left half you cant miss it coming in to that half of the city from the main road

Lots of my characters are missing, anyone else having this?

to many hordes/infestations on the map (its a known bug even if they all the way across the map they still count) you have to go and find them again i had the same thing happen but it was only one char i was missing

Are you having any missions that say "A friend/survivor is in danger" on the map? If so that can be why they are missing. I've heard sometimes the missions don't show up but that's how I've been finding the people.

Vamphuntr

Well looks like I finished the missions with the sherrif and mayor, the army, and the wilkersons, I still have missions for Ray, and I don't know what else is left at this point for main story. There has be be something else. Last I talked to that one groupd of survivors I told the guy about what the woman's previous job was LOL that was funny! :D

It's impossible to finish the missions with the army and not finish the game....

Vamphuntr

Hmmmm... well then maybe not finished. I got the achievement for "Found out what the army was up to" I'm guessing that's not the final one then.

Well, the last missions in the game are all about the army. You probably got the issue where story missions aren't spawning anymore. I had that too and it took a while for it solve itself.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
its in the bottom left town on the map theirs like a river separating the town its in the left half you cant miss it coming in to that half of the city from the main road

to many hordes/infestations on the map (its a known bug even if they all the way across the map they still count) you have to go and find them again i had the same thing happen but it was only one char i was missing

Thanks very much :) Spotted it there now, Snyder Trucking Warehouse ? 12 people though, yikes. Better start looking for more survivors. Seems like a good spot.

Trigger

Thanks very much :) Spotted it there now, Snyder Trucking Warehouse ? 12 people though, yikes. Better start looking for more survivors. Seems like a good spot.

Yep, that's the place.

The place only has three facility spots. Got a bunkhouse, medical area and basic workshop. Suppose I'd waste the most material by scrapping the bunkhouse, but it's kind of a waste of a facility slot until I find more people.

Oh, sorry. I was thinking of the warehouse.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, that's the place.

Excellent, ta :)

Part of the 'Too many infestations' bug, I think. It makes your folk go missing more often. Hold out and you'll get a rescue mission eventually.

That's good to know it's at least part of a bug. It's becoming annoying as hell.

I really do hope the PC version ends up having mods, there's so much you could do with the game world and those mechanics. It would be brilliant. I hope they continue to add stuff to the 360 version but I'm guessing with the price of patches, maybe not.

Only people that have died in my game so far have been neighbours. And Ed because I took too long to get the doctor and the mission disappeared. Wish the game would tell you which missions were timed.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Excellent, ta :)

That's good to know it's at least part of a bug. It's becoming annoying as hell.

I really do hope the PC version ends up having mods, there's so much you could do with the game world and those mechanics. It would be brilliant. I hope they continue to add stuff to the 360 version but I'm guessing with the price of patches, maybe not.

Patches are incoming too! :)

DarkStar

Part of the 'Too many infestations' bug, I think. It makes your folk go missing more often. Hold out and you'll get a rescue mission eventually.

Yes it keeps showing too many infestations, I been playing for 2 hours and they are still missing, I did go back to the ranger station and did the "Memento" mission. But no effect still.

Jhoan

So I just boot up the game only to see the Start a New Game option instead of the Continue option. I lost several hours of progress. I'm so mad. Dear God! This sucks so badly. :(

How does the game save any way? Does it save when you go back to your home because I could've sworn I did. I know it uses an Auto save function but I don't know when.

So I just boot up the game only to see the Start a New Game option instead of the Continue option. I lost several hours of progress. I'm so mad. Dear God! This sucks so badly. :(

How does the game save any way? Does it save when you go back to your home because I could've sworn I did. I know it uses an Auto save function but I don't know when.

It autosaves fairly often and when you quit the game.

Jhoan

It autosaves fairly often and when you quit the game.

That's pretty strange. I dunno if it's a bug that I might have got hit with then since my record got deleted. Oh well there's no use crying over spilled milk as the saying goes. At least this least time, I'll make sure my Marcus and Maya survive the whole game if not most of it. I'm gonna breeze through several missions as well so I can get the move the base option. It still sucks. :(

charsace

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You need to get them weapons. You should also be playing many characters to level as possible to level them and give them good weapons. Right now I play 5 characters. I started a second play though after seeing how things are and right now my characters don't get stuck nearly as much as they did in my first play through probably because I leveled a bunch of them and gave them weapons. You can also track the runners on your map with out the missing mission pop up showing up.

aku:jiki

My brother was playing this and I thought,
Why didn't they get the walking dead Ip?
Because they already have Microsoft taking like 60% of their profits and didn't need to give away another like 20%.

You need to get them weapons. You should also be playing many characters to level as possible to level them and give them good weapons. Right now I play 5 characters. I started a second play though after seeing how things are and right now my characters don't get stuck nearly as much as they did in my first play through probably because I leveled a bunch of them and gave them weapons. You can also track the runners on your map with out the missing mission pop up showing up.
I don't think it works like that. My Marcus is 100% maxed out in all skills and specializations and I had a long stretch where he went missing all the god damn time, it was pretty annoying.

Top Bottom