• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

It was in a random thread. I just remember being surprised hearing it. Honestly it was about 2 weeks ago and that's about the most I remember. It may have been connected to the Gamersutra editorial from the dev who liked working with MS(A comment on that article's page I mean). I just can't remember but a couple of us commented on it. Not huge news or anything just different news than I was accustomed to hearing.

Found one link to another person who said something about it.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Developer-Microsoft-Wants-Weird-Games-for-Xbox-720-354005.shtml

Ah, cool. Thanks.

That sounds great, I hope it works for them. More games like this, Mark of the Ninja, Dust, shadow Complex, etc would be most welcome.

Maybe. lol, it's like the team ran out of time and just said "Fuck it". It just feels incomplete.

Yeah I can totally understand it. At the same time I felt like the story was never meant to be anything grand. More of just missions to send the player on. Seems their focus was more on the gameplay by far. Granted I think the voice acting and dialog was great.

Taking out a fresh character to improve their skills is kind of icky. Especially when the mission surprisingly incorporates fighting a fat bastard and zombie backups that just don't stop coming. The woman i was helping out didn't have any weapons at all. Luckily she also seemed to be immortal, which helped a lot.

That's why you never leave home without a gun and like 30 bullets.

And now Marcus went missing cause of the stupid infestation bug.
I want to shut the game off but when I turn it back on again Marcus will probably be dead. :(

Oh shit oh shit a bloated Zombie, stay away from him folks. Wait, what are you doing, don't fight this guy, stay away. No No not, don't! Back off he will grab you! JESUS CHRIST!

Brutal...

Oh goodness, that sounds...bad. The AI doesn't know how to handle those guys? Or did they not have ranged weapons?

Trigger

Yeah I can totally understand it. At the same time I felt like the story was never meant to be anything grand. More of just missions to send the player on. Seems their focus was more on the gameplay by far. Granted I think the voice acting and dialog was great.

The voice acting and dialogue is pretty good. I can only imagine what a bigger budgeted State of Decay would feel like. I hope they delay the MMO plans and just give me a sequel.

Oh shit oh shit a bloated Zombie, stay away from him folks. Wait, what are you doing, don't fight this guy, stay away. No No not, don't! Back off he will grab you! JESUS CHRIST!

Brutal...

By far the worst of the special zombies. I nearly lost Charlotte when I can across one of them.

Anyway, has anyone found the downed plane yet? I've found the wheel, but haven't had any luck finding the actual plane.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
By far the worst of the special zombies. I nearly lost Charlotte when I can across one of them.

Anyway, has anyone found the downed plane yet? I've found the wheel, but haven't had any luck finding the actual plane.

I saw it. There is a neighbours farm north of the warehouse, then if you go further north from there it is in a big field. Haven't explored it yet though.

aku:jiki

Granted I think the voice acting and dialog was great.
I have to say that the dialogue was a huge downer for me. It's pretty poorly written and almost every character has the same "voice": sarcastic asshole. Even Lily has cunty sarcastic lines, like "my hero" when you deliver goods. Bitch, I can keep this for myself and stop feeding and nursing you fuckers if that's how you're gonna be!

Shoot the bloated zombie in the head, similar strategy to the pregnant necros in Dead Space where you shouldn't shoot its belly.

No, the feral zombie is the worst, especially if it pounces. Hard to shoot because it moves fast, and requires a lot of melee attacks to go down. Getting the knockdown shove ability is crucial.

Trigger

Bitch, I can keep this for myself and stop feeding and nursing you fuckers if that's how you're gonna be!

image.php

Bitch, I can keep this for myself and stop feeding and nursing you fuckers if that's how you're gonna be!

Hehe, Perfect.

I have to agree with Aku, the dialogue isn't great. I wasn't expecting much and it can sometimes surprise when survivors tell you about their personal stories, but for the most part, it's not great. I assume that's more to do with budget than anything else, a sequel with a bigger budget would undoubtedly address this.

Bought it and love it.

WOO! Another joins the fold. Be sure to check out Karak's and Slasher's vids for tips and such as well as ask anyone here for any advice.

derFeef

I be damned. I don't have enough people to establish a base at the big warehouse, treehouse base it is. Living on the edge!

Gbraga

Any fun commented videos for this game? I'm not playing until it comes out on PC, but I'd like to experience it a bit. Doesn't seem like the kind of game that spoilers would ruin.

I be damned. I don't have enough people to establish a base at the big warehouse, treehouse base it is. Living on the edge!

Don't do it man. It's not worth the risk. Try the Alamo in the centre of town?

Any fun commented videos for this game? I'm not playing until it comes out on PC, but I'd like to experience it a bit. Doesn't seem like the kind of game that spoilers would ruin.

I haven't seen any apart from the IGN let's play vids, but I haven't really been looking. If anyone comes across any, please do post them.

aku:jiki

I have to agree with Aku, the dialogue isn't great. I wasn't expecting much and it can sometimes surprise when survivors tell you about their personal stories, but for the most part, it's not great. I assume that's more to do with budget than anything else, a sequel with a bigger budget would undoubtedly address this.
Nah, their writer is just the type of jackass who thinks snotty sarcasm is the ultimate form of comedy. Personally, I think that's the kind of thing that's fun between friends but just sucks in a game or movie. So cheap and easy.

And, yes, I made that exact face every time Lily busted out that line.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Infestation bug sucks.. I want to stop playing until it's patched.. but if I wait a few days.. people will die.

Don't do it man. It's not worth the risk. Try the Alamo in the centre of town?

I haven't seen any apart from the IGN let's play vids, but I haven't really been looking. If anyone comes across any, please do post them.

Looking at the stats, the Alamo is assballs. Literally worse than the church. The Savini house is at least equivalent. If you've got less than 12 people it's either that or the farmhouse.

Infestation bug sucks.. I want to stop playing until it's patched.. but if I wait a few days.. people will die.
Right?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So I was able to continue my game and it leaves you just before the final mission (my character never died) and it's taken me forever to get 12 people due to them going missing often. But I finally did it and ready to move into the warehouse.

No materials.

Shit.

It sounds daft but it's just something I wanted to do before leaving it again for a proper playthrough later on. I just....have to.

Trigger

So I was able to continue my game and it leaves you just before the final mission (my character never died) and it's taken me forever to get 12 people due to them going missing often. But I finally did it and ready to move into the warehouse.

No materials.

Shit.

It sounds daft but it's just something I wanted to do before leaving it again for a proper playthrough later on. I just....have to.

There's a construction site not far from the grocery store in Marshall. Should be loaded with building supplies.

Is it an actual bug that you keep on getting "Too many Infestations" when there really isn't one? I've gone to multiple survey points and can't spot any infestations.

And then people are crying over it, morale is going down. Tough it out, you pansies. At least you're not in Prototype's New York where whole buildings are transformed into infected pustule abominations.

Lima

Is it an actual bug that you keep on getting "Too many Infestations" when there really isn't one? I've gone to multiple survey points and can't spot any infestations.

No it is just that it could be any building in the whole game, even the ranger station up north.

eso76

Isn't this the best zombie simulator ever ?
it's ugly, rough, unpolished, but its the closest anyone has ever gotten to..well, the zombie game I had in mind/always dreamed of/designed on paper.

Trigger

I wish I could assign priorities to my group as a whole. Who gives a fuck about a Big Bastard that's in the country if we're based in the southwest of the map? Why is Jacob at the grocery store when we have an eternal food surplus?

That's what I'm experiencing. There are no marked infestations on my map, yet Lily keeps crying there are too many.

wrog

I went back to the ranger station (tutorial area), cleared two infestations there and „too many infestations" never appeared again.

BTW, I finally finished the game today and got all of the achievements. I had to reload save because I never died :)

charsace

This game is so full of jank, but still so awesome.

I can't wait to replay the PC build on higher res, hopefully with mods.

So much tension is built with permadeath.. though I wish the missions didn't come so quickly sometimes.. as I want to explore without fear of having to progress.. but I guess that's part of the point.

It's strange because I had an idea about a game that is very much like this the other day with my brother and I had read nothing about this.
The missions purposely come at you quickly. A lot of things in the game is logical so its only logical that 2 weeks into a zombie apocalypse that things would be hectic.

Ilive1up

so, my marcus just died. i have no idea why. i was playing as someone else, and it just popped up that he was killed.

SUCKS! he was maxed all levels and had upgrades. shittttttt!

Trigger

so, my marcus just died. i have no idea why. i was playing as someone else, and it just popped up that he was killed.

SUCKS! he was maxed all levels and had upgrades. shittttttt!

Weird. Did you check the event section of the menu? Or maybe he died in transit to some location.

charsace

I would rather they make a sequel that is 16 players max than a full out MMO. I can't see the full out MMO lasting because I don't see how you could make it a care bear MMO.

Weird. Did you check the event section of the menu? Or maybe he died in transit to some location.

Usually if this happens, a message will pop up saying they need help and you can go help them out. Had this happen to two runners at the same time, managed to help one and hurry over and help the other.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it I'm giving up on that for now. Lost another survivor due to getting reckless with one of the fat boys again. I've played this far too much and too intensely for the whole weekend :p Time for a break.

Top Bottom