• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

KageMaru

Just shy of 500k sales.

Wow, should breeze past it over the weekend. Could 1m be in sight?

Awesome, I was wondering what the sales were up to now.

I'm curious what the budget was for this game. I would love for UL to do a postmortem on the development, would be interesting to see how a small team tackled such an ambitious title.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Damn this game is stressful. Been playing it for a week now and I've left the first town only once properly to go meet the judge and that was today. Did a mission, high-tailed it back to the church. Eeep.

What are outposts for and why should I build one?

Trigger

I commited mass suicide with several survivors, and now my morale is low. On the bright side I have enough beds for everyone now.

What are outposts for and why should I build one?

They create protected zones that ward off hordes. You can also access the supply locker at outposts. I want to say that they also prevent infestations, but infestations are still buggy right now.

Mindlog

Any news on the title update? I haven't been playing lately because of the infestation issue, but I really want to. =(
I had that happen to me again. It was infuriating. I cleared around 5 infestations that popped up around my church, but it didn't help. Finally decided to just move to the warehouse and take my chance turning the game off.

Serendipity! Turns out all the infestations were around the warehouse. I cleared them out and Infestations were no longer a problem. My campaign continues.

For me the "Too many infestations" message appears and disappears every now and then, it's not a constant nuisance.

Somehow went from 8 to 23 ammo since I stopped playing yesterday. Whatever happened, I'm glad it did. Log tells me Marcus and Aaron found 10 stock each on scavenging runs. Sweet.

Anyone know what happens if you actually run out of something?

PhatSaqs

Banned
Awesome, I was wondering what the sales were up to now.

I'm curious what the budget was for this game. I would love for UL to do a postmortem on the development, would be interesting to see how a small team tackled such an ambitious title.

Agreed! Easily one of my favorite games of this generation despite the bugs.

Shifty76

For me the "Too many infestations" message appears and disappears every now and then, it's not a constant nuisance.

Somehow went from 8 to 23 ammo since I stopped playing yesterday. Whatever happened, I'm glad it did. Log tells me Marcus and Aaron found 10 stock each on scavenging runs. Sweet.

I'm perpetually out of building supplies. I got a message about black mold that we were unable to repair due to lack of supplies and I got a -10 or -15 happiness hit

Cheech

I'm perpetually out of building supplies. I got a message about black mold that we were unable to repair due to lack of supplies and I got a -10 or -15 happiness hit

I ran out of ammo and came home to zombies all over the place. Not sure if it was coincidence, but I put out a call for ammo ASAP. Heh.

Part of the interface just went and disappeared on me. Can't talk to people any longer, which is a problem since that's required to start missions.

Pretty sure it happened after the mission where the
courthouse
is attacked. As soon as I got there notifications pooped up saying
Judge and Carl
had died. Killed all the zombies, completed the mission, got the "hey you did the thing" notification, after which nothing happened. Went to help kill a nearby swat zombie, was no one in the office where the icon was. Karen or someone came running in a couple of seconds later. Couldn't initiate the mission, no prompt appeared.

Oh crap, now I remember I tried looting the place before she showed up but couldn't do that either. I can't access the supply locker. The HUD element that lists your resources and stuff doesn't show up. Exiting and reloading does nothing. I can enter cars and open doors, but not actions relying on UI elements to appear. This bug fucking sucks. :(

Quitting back to the dashboard and restarting the game helped. Phew. That was scary.

Don't know your problems with the treehouse base guys, it's serving me fantastic so far.
It's not bad at all, basically a somewhat better church in a different town. But the warehouse is better. I think two more outposts, one more parking spot and two more facilities than the Savini residence.

Trigger

My group is too big. I needed Snyder's space and facilities. I thought the Fairgrounds looked neat, but I recall hearing bad things.

charsace

Depending on the resource people might leave your compound.

I really want a bigger budget sequel to this before the MMO. They could take the current map, make it bigger, improve the graphics and physics, and human AI that you compete against, fully destructible environments, and other things. Then they can put out an MMO.

Mindlog

Patch just as the leaderboard breaks .5 million. Nice!

This is just a repost of the old patch notes. I haven't seen anything on the forums to indicate something different.
Here is what we've fixed:

NEW: Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer's Mill.
The "Too many infestations!" event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
UPDATED: The "Too many infestations" to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer's Mill when called to gather supplies.
You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson's farmhouse.
Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
Fixed various translations bugs.

Jeff

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Does this mean Marcus can't freaking die from teh Fever?!?

Because if he died, I'd be uber-pissed.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
My Marcus died early (Fever/Mercy Shot) in the game. And this happened shortly after I levelled the heck out of him :( Will the patch restore him to me I wonder.

Grimsen

Yes! patch!

I love this game sooo much. Maya is my main gal since Marcus passed. Now that I'm comfortable in my warehouse, I'm leveling other dudes with guns to try the different abilities, and slowly playing story missions.

The "Too many infestations!" event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
UPDATED: The "Too many infestations" to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.

Good.

Dram

Can the
Doctor
die? I had the request to help him in the cemetery, but I was doing another mission. When I finished it, the
Doctor's
mission wasn't there anymore.

Also during the memento mission, is it over once you find the
watch
? I was expecting there to be a cutscene when I got back to the church.

I'm not sure how well this patch worked. It still says we're surrounded by infestations but there are none on my map so they must be pretty far away.

BMzGvb8CAAAVJUS.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm not sure how well this patch worked. It still says we're surrounded by infestations but there are none on my map so they must be pretty far away.

BMzGvb8CAAAVJUS.jpg

Have you driven around or used the vantage point in your town lately? I was thinking it was still bugged too until I got up high and found three infestations in my neighborhood.

Man, that ending.

Jesus, not what I expected at all. Still, I'm assuming based on the description underneath the pop up
oh, shit
and what Marcus says to Lily
let's get to work
, that we'll be getting some DLC at some point or it will it will somehow tie into Class 4.

I'm hoping it's the former, would love some DLC.

Overall, this is possibly the best game I've played all year and is in the top three of best and most engrossing games I've played this generation. Sure it has jank and a lot of other technical issues, but the gameplay is just superb and near flawless in my opinion.

It's the zed games I've dreamt about for years. All zed games will now be compared to this. This has set the benchmark, let's see if any other developer is capable of rising to the challenge.

I love you SoD, let's make babies together.

I'm fiending for some SoD dlc. Gonna boot up the game today and finally route out all the infestations.

yeah, we definitely need some DLC. Let's start a petition.

On another note, has anyone unlocked the avatar awards yet? I've only managed the swine and bovine one so far...

tw1164

Have you driven around or used the vantage point in your town lately? I was thinking it was still bugged too until I got up high and found three infestations in my neighborhood.

I had the same problem. I drove around and used towers to check. I couldn't find any more infections. I seem to have a larger problem post-patch then I did pre-patch.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh boy. These posts are not instilling confidence... Let's start the countdown until patch 2.

Trigger

I've decided to start a new game. Now that I know how things work, I want to put more effort into the story stuff. I want to see if any of the story missions can have different results. I also regret having so many people now.

On the bright side I seem to keep acquiring these BZ75 pistols with 100 shots in one magazine. Don't think that's supposed to happen. 9mm rounds, but still, get 100 of them free with each gun.

I've decided to start a new game. Now that I know how things work, I want to put more effort into the story stuff. I want to see if any of the story missions can have different results. I also regret having so many people now.

Yeah, I started a new game immediately after finishing. I think this one will be my 'no fucks given' play-through, will set up home in the Alamo, won't set up an infirmary, won't train survivors, won't pick up new survivors, use guns whenever and wherever possible and see how it goes.

GoxRx

The patch has improved my experience, at least the fps are more stable now.

My only problem is that the game says: too many infestations and I look at the map and I can't see any :(

"Note: In order to get the game out to our players in Germany as quickly as possible, we had to release a “new” version of the game. Due to a mistake made during publication, the new version was sold all over the world instead of just in Germany. That means that everyone who bought State of Decay on or after Wednesday June 12 has the newer version, and will get TU1 in about a week. (Each Title Update has to be certified for each version.)"

http://undeadlabs.com/2013/06/news/title-update-1-rolling-out/#more-6164

"And while TU1 is getting certified for our newest players, we’re already on to Title Update 2. Watch our forums for patch notes coming soon. Real soon. See you next week :) "

bought it late so looks like i'll get the patch next week

Top Bottom