• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

Sandbox mode would be sweet. I wonder if they'll let us make a character from scratch?

Oh god YES!!!!!!!!!!

7FtSsT1.gif

Trigger

I hope "new mechanics" include more interaction with npc survivors and some light sustainability upgrades for your home base. Ammo and construction materials are hard to get and go fast.

I hope "new mechanics" include more interaction with npc survivors and some light sustainability upgrades for your home base. Ammo and construction materials are hard to get and go fast.

Oh definitely. We need an ammo bench and stat. Never really did make sense that you could create suppressors, but not ammo.

someone need to make a new thread for new info (many PC guys might don't click here and might don't know it's coming to steam)

two threads already. Such is the draw of SoD.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=593736
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=64296476&posted=1#post64296476

derFeef

I hope new mechanics mean the difficulty is massively ramped up and it really is about how long you can hold out for.

The standard zombies are not really a threat, they are just a bit annoying imo. My Marcus is a BEAST. Also there are too many cars imo, they make everything quite easy.

Trigger

Making the zombies tougher won't change things IMO. It's my knowledge and skill that makes them boring. Beefed up stats won't take that away.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Man, I'm finding this game a bit too stressful ATM. I logged in today after a couple of days away and one of my dudes died and they used up all my materials that I'd been saving to upgrade. And then I go out and my main guy gets merked super fast by a cunting feral zombie. Dammit! Actually wish I'd not played it at all. I only get to play for an hour or so at a go, and by the time I've rescued the various missing survivors and got a little bit of food it's time to stop playing, I've not advanced the story at all for about 5 sessions.

Should I just ignore everything and get stuck into the story missions? I feel like my attentions are too split in every direction right now.

Lima

Just do what you want. The "story" is nothing special. I would just do enough missions so that you get access to the northwestern part of the map.

Fruitster

Sandbox mode? Just when I though I was done with this game. Probably worth keeping hold of the 360 for a while longer then.

Raide

All I want to do is play a Zombie and infect other players so I can have a zombie horde roaming around everyone's safehouses. :D

Vamphuntr

Oh my God that ending.

Someone give these guys more time and more money. They'll make a great game.

My feeling were oh my god at the lack of an ending. At least that what it was when I beat it before any patch. You could also rotate the camera around
and see there was nothing beyond the wall
. Hopefully they patched that.

Dram

Would anyone have been mad, if the game had a sad ending? Maybe when the
wall was destroyed
, there was just a hoard of zombies waiting on the other side? Then it fades to black as your characters are killed?

Trigger

Would anyone have been mad, if the game had a sad ending? Maybe when the
wall was destroyed
, there was just a hoard of zombies waiting on the other side? Then it fades to black as your characters are killed?

That would make the entirety of the game feel pretty pointless.

You can see that at the reservoir. It's definitely the Pittsburgh skyline. I see US Steel, PPG, and the Highmark building.

Ah, cool. I assumed we were in the South or Midwest in SoD.

Oldcastle

Neo Member
Yeah, you never find stuff just laying around unless you come across a dropped backpack.

Search everything in the beginning and make sure to drop stuff you don't need off in supply lockers so any survivors can use it. If you fail to properly arm them, their chances of dying goes up considerably.

I wish resource management was easier. I don't like that I have to dump everything in a supply closet, and switch characters to give an item to someone else. That does me no good if I have some medicine I want to give an injured player, or a gun I've just found, or really anything I've found. I also wish things wouldn't just go disappearing from the supply closet. I dumped a bunch of guns in there and a bit later was using a different character and wanted to grab one and they were all gone.

DocSeuss

I can't figure out if I love this game or not. The "oh my god there's an infestation SOMEWHERE but we won't tell you where" is driving me insane.

I wish resource management was easier. I don't like that I have to dump everything in a supply closet, and switch characters to give an item to someone else. That does me no good if I have some medicine I want to give an injured player, or a gun I've just found, or really anything I've found. I also wish things wouldn't just go disappearing from the supply closet. I dumped a bunch of guns in there and a bit later was using a different character and wanted to grab one and they were all gone.

Well, the survivors have to arm themselves too y'know. I do agree that it should be easier to give resources when you switch characters, but having your supply locker stay static wouldn't really make sense as survivors often go out on their own and need to be sufficiently tooled up otherwise it's good night...

I've held off but if the patch that's coming fixes everything this might be my 360 swan song

I think we're at least another two patches away from everything being fixed. Honest opinion, the game has a lot of jank, but that's just part of the charm for me. The unavoidable after effects of creating an incredibly ambitious title.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
^ Oh wow, really? o_O

I don't know why I have been missing this, seems like a real blast to play!

The fact that it's single-player also like the tastiest cherry on top! Hohhh.

Seventy5

So I gave in and bought a 360 to play this yesterday even though I am hopelessly addicted to The Last of Us multiplayer, and it wasn't what I expected. Its actually quite a bit better than I thought it would be. There is a little graphical jank going on, but its totally irrelevant given how cool this game is. I really like the lack of hand holding and the scavenging for survival. Sometimes zombies are hard to see, which would normally bug me but it works here because it makes it more tense. Overall I'm satisfied with my impulse 360 purchase, which is a little easier to palate since I found that I had bought Viva Pinata TiP on GoD a while ago, so I win.

Novak

I got Powerhouse to lvl 3 and the diary says i can pick Utility skill in skills menu, but I can figure out how. When i scroll down to Utility skill the only option i get is B (Back)

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I got Powerhouse to lvl 3 and the diary says i can pick Utility skill in skills menu, but I can figure out how. When i scroll down to Utility skill the only option i get is B (Back)

You have to press X on the skill that you want.

Novak

You have to press X on the skill that you want.

I found it. I was looking in the wrong place.
tnx

what are the best skills for Marcus and Maya?

Before setting up an outpost should I leave some resources in the building? I left one bag of medicine in Vet station before turning it to the outpost and now it is designated with health (cross) symbol. Does this make any difference? Should I put outposts in houses with different resources?

And one more.....should I go to lookout position (radio tower in the first town) every day or one time is enough?

Trigger

I found it. I was looking in the wrong place.
tnx

what are the best skills for Marcus and Maya?

There is no "best" in this game. The skills are all pretty solid. Me personally, I prefer to give Marcus the combat endurance perk (max cardio needed) and specialize in melee weapons to get the best out of his Powerhouse skill. Maya can be anything you want.

Before setting up an outpost should I leave some resources in the building? I left one bag of medicine in Vet station before turning it to the outpost and now it is designated with health (cross) symbol. Does this make any difference? Should I put outposts in houses with different resources?

I was under the impression that turning a locale into an outpost lost you access to whatever goods were un-looted, but I don't visit them often honestly.

And one more.....should I go to lookout position (radio tower in the first town) every day or one time is enough?

As often as you want. New hordes, freaks, and infestations can pop up anytime. Survey locations are a good chance to get a lay of the land before you start scavenging.

Ryan_IGN

I love that this has turned into a love-filled 53-page thread. I remember back in the day when it was a humble little 3-page thread and we started posting our IGN Let's Play videos. :)

I love that this has turned into a love-filled 53-page thread. I remember back in the day when it was a humble little 3-page thread and we started posting our IGN Let's Play videos. :)

Heh, it'll grow considerably more once it's released on Steam.

Also hoping for some DLC, but that might not be likely. Any chance you guys could harass them for some DLC on our behalf. ;p

Razdek

Banned
Holy crap, I was going around killing everything in sight and feeling pretty cool when all of a sudden 10-15 zombies swarm me and I'm about to die until I climbed a tower. Scared the crap out of me and it's awesome how fast things can change at any given time.

SystemBug

Two zombie herds caught a wiff of my car spiffing engine noise. It's one of those muscle cars - they are loud. I stepped on the peddle and started to accelerate as quickly as possible.

I hit a rock, I was in mid-air and I knew in that moment that I was truly f**ked.

Car lands upside down and the two herds were almost on me. I scurried out of the smoking car and quickly scanned the environment. I am in an open field. No cover. Nothing really to break the line of sight. Luckily I had 2 alarm clocks. I never used them before but I was getting desperate.

I sprinted my ass out of there and chucked the alarm clocks into two separate places. I somehow managed to distract them and found safe haven in a nearby bush.

I am 12 hours in and my Marcus is still alive. I can't believe how good this game is.

Trigger

Holy crap, I was going around killing everything in sight and feeling pretty cool when all of a sudden 10-15 zombies swarm me and I'm about to die until I climbed a tower. Scared the crap out of me and it's awesome how fast things can change at any given time.

Yeah. The game needs more enemy types. lol, I've become too much of a pro at killing zombies even with weak characters. My total lush, art student with a bum knee has been wrecking shit.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It might be game breakingly powerful, but I've moved my group from the farm to the warehouse and I'm feeling good about it. The farm seemed good in theory but I couldn't find the nearby infestations and it took ages to go on supply runs. Now I'm in the big town I feel much safer. Time to finally work on the main story after getting bogged down in survival for the past week.

Top Bottom