• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State Of Decay |OT| Eat Flesh

It might be game breakingly powerful, but I've moved my group from the farm to the warehouse and I'm feeling good about it. The farm seemed good in theory but I couldn't find the nearby infestations and it took ages to go on supply runs. Now I'm in the big town I feel much safer. Time to finally work on the main story after getting bogged down in survival for the past week.

That warehouse is my next move if I can get the materials. I'm like you though, I want to move there, get safe, THEN attack main story, scavenge.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
That warehouse is my next move if I can get the materials. I'm like you though, I want to move there, get safe, THEN attack main story, scavenge.

There are loads of materials just opposite the warehouse in the supply store. I just kept making runs, got three loads out of it.

It might be game breakingly powerful, but I've moved my group from the farm to the warehouse and I'm feeling good about it. The farm seemed good in theory but I couldn't find the nearby infestations and it took ages to go on supply runs. Now I'm in the big town I feel much safer. Time to finally work on the main story after getting bogged down in survival for the past week.

I quite liked the farm, tip for making supply runs a little faster - take out one of the flat bed trucks with you and once you have one of the resource back packs on jump into the back of the truck drop the back pack and go find another resource pack.

Only thing is you have to frive a little more careful than usual.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I quite liked the farm, tip for making supply runs a little faster - take out one of the flat bed trucks with you and once you have one of the resource back packs on jump into the back of the truck drop the back pack and go find another resource pack.

omg that actually works?! that's awesome. Will be breaking the shit out of the game later then!

Ashtar

only thing is you have to frive a little more careful than usual.
WHAAAAT I was just thinking last night that they should have something like that and then lo and behold they do
rejoice.png

WHAAAAT I was just thinking last night that they should have something like that and then lo and behold they do
rejoice.png

lol, It's not perfect though, if the bags start to slide to the back of the truck they sometimes fall out so you have to tap the break to bring them closer to the front.

bidguy

Banned
i cant move into the warehouse for some reason
i have enough materials and 12 people in my group but i cant see anything except for outpost and something else.

im currently doing the mission were you have to find a new homebase

i cant move into the warehouse for some reason
i have enough materials and 12 people in my group but i cant see anything except for outpost and something else.

im currently doing the mission were you have to find a new homebase

I think you have to complete that mission first, I think the mision is just to scout out prospective bases not actually move into one.

Ashtar

okay so so I was on the SoD forum, you can remove outpost?!
ohhh.png
Wow That's dope I still have like 5 outposts in the old town I'm bout to have my new fort on lock down

Ashtar

I didn't even know about the dropkick until around 15 hours into the game.

word is bond chief if I didn't check these forums I'd never know that you could do those specializations and crap. Spin kicks, trips, weapons experts! given some of it is my fault, im at home and this tv cuts off part of my screen so I can't fully read whats on the edges of the screen.
I thought I was a zombie wrecking machine before! if marcus and Maya ever come back from there "mission" then I'll really have this town on lock
boss.gif

Trigger

word is bond chief if I didn't check these forums I'd never know that you could do those specializations and crap. Spin kicks, trips, weapons experts! given some of it is my fault, im at home and this tv cuts off part of my screen so I can't fully read whats on the edges of the screen.
I thought I was a zombie wrecking machine before! if marcus and Maya ever come back from there "mission" then I'll really have this town on lock
boss.gif

I know that feel.

Ashtar

So marcus and maya (aka the world class wrecking crew)have been on some mission for the last for the last couple game days.... I've moved, built a hospital, a dojo a library and they still haven't come back.
If Marcus is getting them draws I understand..... but for 3 days though? I want to specialize both of em but I can't.... WTF
My other problem is these freaking infestations making everyone run away....... my population is down to like 9 now because 4 people are missing.
They always complain about these infestations but where do I find them, I tried surveying to no avail..... do I have to do it Iraq style and just go house to house killing people?
How does that happen?
the tv im playing on is tiny like barely bigger than my laptop (13') so ~ 15-16inches I'd say so the widescreen doesn't quite fit..... it's a bummer

Dacon

Banned
I got the mission to find places to move, found the Kirkman residence but the game wouldn't let me move there despite having all of the supplies. I could only establish an outpost. What gives?

I cant build a workshop at the church of ascension either, which is kind of annoying me.

FerranMG

Well, yesterday finally got the last non-story related achievement (building one of each type of facility. Dammit, took it long enough to get so many materials!).
Tomorrow I'll be taking the last mission and hopefully beat the game.

It's been an amazing ride so far, but I have to say, I enjoyed it much more at the beginning than right now that I'm almost at the end.
For the last few hours, I have barely had missions to do, and the game has felt a bit shallow.
I've had to constantly go rescue people "lost" or stuck in some building across the street (my base is at the warehouse).
Finding materials has gotten to be a bit tedious. It's the resource I've needed the most, and the one that experienced a higher daily decrease, so I was almost always at 0. I think my community currently spends 0 fuel per day, and 27 materials per day. Not balanced.
Still, the first 10 or 15 hours of the game were amazing, and I truly felt immersed in the world.

I dashboarded twice at the beginning because I was very close to have Marcus and Maya killed, and I didn't want to.
At the end, however, I realized missing some character is part of the game. So I felt sad when Maya was suddenly surrounded by lots of zombies: carrying a rucksack, I managed to take most of them out, but a feral jumped on her and there was nothing I could do.
I had to put out Ed because he got gravely ill. I took him for a ride to kill some zombies with the car before finally killing him.
And I sacrificed some guy wearing an Undead Labs shirt because I wanted the achievement.

As I said: an amazing ride so far. I can recommend this game to anyone.

BTW, I can't help but find very suspicious where some of the scrap cars are placed in the game: always at the entrance or exit of the cities, and always in a way that it's almost impossible to pass through them at full speed with your car.
I think they are strategically placed there to mask the loading of the area you are about to enter, since you have to reduce your speed and maneuver a bit between them. I think this can give 2-3 seconds of extra loading time before actually entering the area.
Anyone thinks the same?

605k sales so far.

It's slowed down some, but still fantastic to see this past the 600k barrier. 1m isn't entirely out of the question by the end of the year, especially if they put it on sale...

EvaristeG

Banned
Bought this game yesterday and played it for like 1h30/2h. It's good, no question, but god I haven't played a game that is so unpolished for a while. So many bugs, clipping/framerate/tearing issues.

Bought this game yesterday and played it for like 1h30/2h. It's good, no question, but god I haven't played a game that is so unpolished for a while. So many bugs, clipping/framerate/tearing issues.

This is certainly true. I was able to look past it due to the level of ambition behind the title. it truly is incredible. Anyway, I expect any sequel/MMO will be much more stable and not suffer as many problems.

Denzar

I was pumped when I heard this came to PC. I was disappointed when I found out this has no co-op. :(

I know the original plan was to release an MMO, but co-op sounds/sounded like a given for this game, no?

I was pumped when I heard this came to PC. I was disappointed when I found out this has no co-op. :(

I know the original plan was to release an MMO, but co-op sounds/sounded like a given for this game, no?

It wasn't originally planned as an MMO, that's Class4.

Class 3 - State of Decay was going to have a multiplayer mode but it was cut. The developers have said they will try to work co-op back in at some point. It's a fantastic single player game, you won't miss not having a co-op buddy around too much.

Holy shit!

Great to see MS supporting this fantastic IP. Now lock down Undead Labs and give them all the money/resources they need to make a sequel. DO IT NAOW.
Personally I hope they go multiconsole, this game is so awesome everyone should play (and buy!). Also the more money Undead Labs gets, the more they can put into the next game/s and their kids bellies! Think of the kids Miles, the kids!

Personally I hope they go multiconsole, this game is so awesome everyone should play (and buy!). Also the more money Undead Labs gets, the more they can put into the next game/s and their kids bellies! Think of the kids Miles, the kids!

Hehe, it would certainly be fantastic if that was possible but with MS owning the IP, that's pretty much a non starter.

Hopefully with MS owning the IP, they'll be willing to invest a lot more money and other resources into a sequel/Class 4. I'd prefer a sequel personally, but Class4 will be just as good.

I wish there was an ETA on the Sandbox mode.

You and me both.

Grimsen

I tried that once with a NORMA and the bag got stuck in midair while I drove away. It didn't work at all.

Trigger

Silly question but any ideas on how to get more Large Backpacks?

I'm like 20 hours in and I still only have one. :)

Really adore this game btw.

Campsite almost exclusively have them. Check near the starting area. You can randomly find the back packs anywhere, but I have better luck personally with them.

Tawpgun

Finally caved and bought it. Really enjoying it so far. But I have no desire to level up my scrub players. I'm just going between Maya and Marcus. Sucks because it would help to have someone who specializes in different things.

Trigger

I like scrub survivors. They add an element of realism in a way. Not many people know how to handle a gun or practice some useful skill. I am curious why so many people in Trumball county are lushes tho.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
FUCKING FERAL GOT ME

RIP IN PEACE MAYA

NOOOOOOO!!!!! Motherfuckers, RIP dude. I constantly live in fear of ferals now, all three of my deaths have been at the hands of one, they are ridiculously overpowered. I keep a grenade on my person as much as possible just to deal with them.

Finally getting my warehouse upgraded properly, picking the town clean of materials. I get a lot of zeds coming over the fence still - what's the deal with outposts? Should I be dotting them around the map, or should I be bunching them up around my base like towers and minarets on a castle?

Anyone know what the community uses (wastes is more like it) materials on when I'm offline? I hate coming back to find they've used up all the materials I've been stockpiling to build some upgrades, probably my least favourite mechanic. I think that people should still be able to move on the world, but having characters die and non-food resources used up is a bit annoying, it makes me feel obligated to play often which, as a grownup, I can't do all the time.

Trigger

NOOOOOOO!!!!! Motherfuckers, RIP dude. I constantly live in fear of ferals now, all three of my deaths have been at the hands of one, they are ridiculously overpowered. I keep a grenade on my person as much as possible just to deal with them.

Finally getting my warehouse upgraded properly, picking the town clean of materials. I get a lot of zeds coming over the fence still - what's the deal with outposts? Should I be dotting them around the map, or should I be bunching them up around my base like towers and minarets on a castle?

The protective areas of the outpost should overlap with the area around you base. If you do that than any hordes that come your way will get hit by traps first. The warehouses, gas stations, and fast food joint near the warehouse are good spots.

Anyone know what the community uses (wastes is more like it) materials on when I'm offline? I hate coming back to find they've used up all the materials I've been stockpiling to build some upgrades, probably my least favourite mechanic. I think that people should still be able to move on the world, but having characters die and non-food resources used up is a bit annoying, it makes me feel obligated to play often which, as a grownup, I can't do all the time.

What resources get used is random. I've actually noticed that stockpiling more resources for things like ammo and construction materials seems to cause them to be consumed more quickly. IMO, the best strategy is to just have a little more than the minimum before quitting before the day. The most you'll ever lose is morale and resources from time away. Playable characters no longer die when you log off. As long as you have morale maxed you'll be fine.

Tawpgun

So I've been leveling up Martin... but now he's gone. I recently switched him out for Marcus. But Marcus took a beating so I needed to bring him back. But now Martin is gone, so are a bunch of people, and I can't interact with the supply locker or talk to anyone...

Restarted the game, can talk to people now, but seriously. Why the fuck did Martin disappear from my people.

Ashtar

So I finally found where maya and marcus went, they were waiting at the last mission for me. I beat the mission but I didn't see any actual ending..... what am I supposed to see?

Top Bottom