• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenck

Lol, was about to pull the trigger on Orcs Must Die and I had an urge to check out my bank account.

OiQjP.jpg

lol
;_;

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
King Arthur is #4 on Top Sellers.... these poor bastards will buy anything it seems.

Don't fall for it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah my gas tank is practically empty. Tomorrow it gets $4 worth of gas haha.

4 dollars of gas will take you approximately 25 miles, depending on the fuel economy of your vehicle. And, once used, is gone forever.

Orcs Must Die is an epic fantasy adventure that brings you to lands unknown and hitherto unseen, changing your very being now and forever.

The choice is clear.

get the gas

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I pulled the trigger on Orcs Must Die + DLC. It's strange, when I buy something digitally €5 suddenly feels like a bit of money, while when spending the same amount on something physical it feels like nothing. Oh well! Guess I'm just not completely comfortable with buying downloads yet (although I did buy Skyrim on Steam, and I also have a fair amount of PSN games).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
In 12 days?

I don't think its going be any cheaper than it is now unless they drop MSRP down to 10$.

2nd, they could be doing these 19 days of Christmas, to clear up more room for the Winter sale. Still limited to 2 weeks, and 12 titles a day as a daily deal. Valve could be thinking of giving some coverage now to certain titles and just let them be normal sales during winter, ala 50% or less.

Orcs Must Die is one of the best less than 5$ choices you could make. It will be on my GOTY list.

Jomjom

Banned
I don't think its going be any cheaper than it is now unless they drop MSRP down to 10$.

2nd, they could be doing these 19 days of Christmas, to clear up more room for the Winter sale. Still limited to 2 weeks, and 12 titles a day as a daily deal. Valve could be thinking of giving some coverage now to certain titles and just let them be normal sales during winter, ala 50% or less.

Orcs Must Die is one of the best less than 5$ choices you could make. It will be on my GOTY list.

Gas and food will definitely not be on my GOTY list, so the decision seems easy.

What was wrong with Bioshock? I can't remember it very well at this point, I know it had the widescreen = less screen problem though. Bioshock 2 was a far more shoddy port from my memory of it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So... if I add Bioshock Infinite to my wish list now (in the top 10), and I win the draw (haha, yeah right), I'll get the game whenever it's released, right?

NBtoaster

What was wrong with Bioshock? I can't remember it very well at this point, I know it had the widescreen = less screen problem though. Bioshock 2 was a far more shoddy port from my memory of it.

For me, there is a ton of microstutter, it installed the AMD dual core optimizer even though I'm not on AMD, didn't have any sound unless you did something with the windows settings and probably some other junk I forget.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So... if I add Bioshock Infinite to my wish list now (in the top 10), and I win the draw (haha, yeah right), I'll get the game whenever it's released, right?

Yes. The T&Cs of the contest state that currently unreleased games will be added to your account when they hit the digital shelf.

For me, there is a ton of microstutter, it installed the AMD dual core optimizer even though I'm not on AMD, didn't have any sound unless you did something with the windows settings and probably some other junk I forget.

You know, now that you mention it I do recall the stutter. Also, the animation was capped at 30fps iirc, which meant that it looked a bit weird at 60fps.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I remember excitedly installing the BioShock demo only to find myself waiting a day for a Catalyst hotfix to correct an issue with the textures not rendering correctly.

AMD™.

I've told it before here, but my Bioshock story is funny and I'm sure a couple of people haven't heard it. I was in Boston about a month before it came out, and one night I was having some drinks with friends. This guy turns up and joins us, and my mate tells me I should really talk to him, so I struck up a conversation.

After a bit of small-talk he says "Man, it's crazy, since we've been here I've seen like three ads on the TV for our game". I inquire about what the game is called and he says "oh Bioshock, have you heard of it?"

I froze. My mate started pissing himself laughing and said "yeah I'd say he probably has". It turns out the guy was Nate Wells, a senior artist at Irrational who has been there forever. What followed was me gushing shamefully and mildly drunkenly about how System Shock 2 was "the GREATEST THING EVER CREATED BY HUMAN HANDS".

He took it rather well all things considered. I decided that I had to build a new PC for Bioshock when I got back to Australia out of respect for a poor artist who had to listen to me raving at him. And so I did.

Tenck

I've told it before here, but my Bioshock story is funny and I'm sure a couple of people haven't heard it. I was in Boston about a month before it came out, and one night I was having some drinks with friends. This guy turns up and joins us, and my mate tells me I should really talk to him, so I struck up a conversation.

After a bit of small-talk he says "Man, it's crazy, since we've been here I've seen like three ads on the TV for our game". I inquire about what the game is called and he says "oh Bioshock, have you heard of it?"

I froze. My mate started pissing himself laughing and said "yeah I'd say he probably has". It turns out the guy was Nate Wells, a senior artist at Irrational who has been there forever. What followed was me gushing shamefully and mildly drunkenly about how System Shock 2 was "the GREATEST THING EVER CREATED BY HUMAN HANDS".

He took it rather well all things considered. I decided that I had to build a new PC for Bioshock when I got back to Australia out of respect for a poor artist who had to listen to me raving at him. And so I did.

Haha great read.

So did Bioshock beat System Shock 2? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom