• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Frozen synapse is worth your money HARD.
I guess I wanted to like it, but then I finally tried the demo (or free weekend or whatnot). Like pretty much any game that requires strategy or intelligence of some sort, I'm not smart enough, so I didn't care for it.

Of course, I may have ended up buying it anyway. Who knows!

Nabs

I guess I wanted to like it, but then I finally tried the demo (or free weekend or whatnot). Like pretty much any game that requires strategy or intelligence of some sort, I'm not smart enough, so I didn't care for it.

Of course, I may have ended up buying it anyway. Who knows!

The game might surprise you once you play it for a bit.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What are your anticipated daily Christmas sale games? Hoping for a huge discount on Batman AC and Saints Row 3.

Also, how do I view games outside of my region's content again? What should I add at my browser's web address?

EDIT: nvm, it's add ?cc=<region>

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Another pay-what-you-want-for-five-PC-games Bundle is coming:

I really hope they will give some Steam Keys, but I know nothing about GetGames.co.uk and the source doesn't say anyting about it. Either way it's a pretty sweet deal, if you ask me!

EDIT: At least Serious Sam Double D requires Steam

I was just about to say that Serious Sam is steamworks, so the key will most likely work. Everything else does not have the Steam notice on the page (and, from my perusal, they look really consistent with marking things that require Steam).

Offering up only Munch's Oddysse is kind of weird, too. You can't even buy the game separately from the Oddbox on GetGamesGo.

What are your anticipated daily Christmas sale games? Hoping for a huge discount on Batman AC and Saints Row 3.

Also, how do I view games outside of my region's content again? What should I add at my browser's web address?

add "?cc=##" To the end of the page you're looking at. "##" being the region you want, e.g. US, UK, EU, RU, JP, etc.

Or go to: http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us and replace "us" with the appropriate code.

Remember to set yourself back to your native region afterwards. It will remember the code you enter until you change it back.

Boss Doggie

Ahh thanks.

Does this mean I can't purchase the game via that? I realized Arkham City is not available in my regionm but I want to buy that when the time comes...

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ahh thanks.

Does this mean I can't purchase the game via that? I realized Arkham City is not available in my regionm but I want to buy that when the time comes...

No, it isn't that simple, unfortunately. To do that, you'd need a VPN. Even then, it can throw up a flag over at Valve that your account, which has always been associated with one region, is now suddenly buying stuff from another region.

Hell, a few years back I went to Canada during the sale and couldn't buy stuff. I had to send a support ticket to Valve to get a temporary clearance on my account.

You'd be better off finding a Gaffer you can work a deal out with. Either trading games or sending cash via paypal.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Yeah it's blocked.

Edit: No worries though, I can wait. I'm sure it'll go on sale again. I'm still playing Skyrim anyway.

Just wanted to put here I gifted so no one double gifts (had it happen before). Figured it was the least I could do since he gave me Witcher 2 a while back.

Boss Doggie

No, it isn't that simple, unfortunately. To do that, you'd need a VPN. Even then, it can throw up a flag over at Valve that your account, which has always been associated with one region, is now suddenly buying stuff from another region.

Hell, a few years back I went to Canada during the sale and couldn't buy stuff. I had to send a support ticket to Valve to get a temporary clearance on my account.

You'd be better off finding a Gaffer you can work a deal out with. Either trading games or sending cash via paypal.

So via the gift thread then. Hopefully, if it does come out as a sale, I get a good trade.

1-D_FTW

Another pay-what-you-want-for-five-PC-games Bundle is coming:

I really hope they will give some Steam Keys, but I know nothing about GetGames.co.uk and the source doesn't say anyting about it. Either way it's a pretty sweet deal, if you ask me!

EDIT: At least Serious Sam Double D requires Steam

Saw that. Will definitely be getting for Explodemon. Doesn't seem like it's coming to Steam, so mine as well buy it this way.

Holy crap, Bastion 66% off. But I should spend no more before the Winer Sale, goddamit Gabe! On the other hand, tomorrow is a holiday so I could play all night long... Fuck :(

mrgone

I'm trying to resist. I have many games in my steam backlog. Is this game any good?!

I like what I played in the 360 demo quite a bit! Demo's up on Steam as well, so you've got a day to give it a shot until it's inevitably on sale again in two weeks :)

Lumine

Bastion is quite excellent, pick it up if you're on the fence. I loved it.

edit: Beautiful handdrawn graphics, memorable music, great hack&slash combat both on kb/m and controller, lots of stuff to collect and upgrade, a very unique narration, new game+
Really, what's not to love? Defenitly one of my favourite games this year.

1-D_FTW

Yeah. If I buy it today, it'll be because I respect the guys who made the game and am feeling charitable. Fully expect it'll be 75 off for Holiday. And I'm sure I won't touch it before then anyways.

Askani

I was thinking about that, but aren't the D-pads garbage? And didn't they revise them and they are still garbage but slightly less garbage?

Sadly, I'm missing out on this entire gen of console games. I don't know alot of this stuff anymore.

Blizzard

Banned
I was thinking about that, but aren't the D-pads garbage? And didn't they revise them and they are still garbage but slightly less garbage?

Sadly, I'm missing out on this entire gen of console games. I don't know alot of this stuff anymore.
I really dislike the D-pad and try not to ever use it in games unless I'm forced to for extra functions. Other than that the 360 controller works great.

If you really want a D-pad for something you probably want a different controller.

Askani

I really dislike the D-pad and try not to ever use it in games unless I'm forced to for extra functions. Other than that the 360 controller works great.

If you really want a D-pad for something you probably want a different controller.

Get an Xbox 360 pad for dual-analog games and a USB Saturn pad for everything else.

Probably the best bet. I really need the 360 style pad now. Had one time considered a PS3 controller but I talked myself out of it. Also, I can always get a cheap D-pad controller later.

You don't use d-pad in bastion.

I know, but I was hoping for a "one controller solution" for anything I may want it for in the future.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I know, but I was hoping for a "one controller solution" for anything I may want it for in the future.
Well, a PS2 or PS3 DualShock would be a pretty good "all in one" solution (PS2 controllers via USB adapters, not sure if PS3 controllers can be used native or not, Google it) but the 360 controller outclasses it in every area that's not dpad and the Saturn pad outclasses it in every area not that's not analog and trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom