• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wutwutwut

Sill going to say no. I can't really think of an instance where they honored legacy games that weren't Valve titles. Typically the third party games that can be registered on Steam were that way from launch.

Plenty of indie games that later came out on Steam can be registered using the original key you got. SpaceChem and Fractal are two examples I'm 100% sure about.

KarmaCow

I'm really tempted to just make a 'Indie Bundle' category for all these games that will not get played until after exams next year some time in the future.

Wjbn1.gif

This is my favorite gif ever.

kswiston

Plenty of indie games that later came out on Steam can be registered using the original key you got. SpaceChem and Fractal are two examples I'm 100% sure about.

Those cases are a little different than expecting Steam to honour 2-3 million Age of Empires 3 keys from up to 6 years ago.

Unless I am mistaken and AoE 3 stands for something completely different.

Still going to say no. I can't really think of an instance where they honored legacy games that weren't Valve titles. Typically the third party games that can be registered on Steam were that way from launch.
The most recent case is Supreme Commander. I recall people saying in this thread (or the older one, I'm not sure) that they could use their keys to redeem the game on Steam.

masterkajo

So, I remeber reading that King's Bounty is good. Never played it but I remember it being compared somehow to the Heroes of Might and Magic series and I do like that one. Which King's Bounty would you recommend?

Also, The Witcher 2 will hopefully go below -40% in the christmas sale (or worst case again -40%), right?

Nairume

Banned
So, I remeber reading that King's Bounty is good. Never played it but I remember it being compared somehow to the Heroes of Might and Magic series and I do like that one. Which King's Bounty would you recommend?

Also, The Witcher 2 will hopefully go below -40% in the christmas sale (or worst case again -40%), right?
It's like HoMM in the sense that it uses HoMM's party and combat mechanics. Otherwise, it plays out like a WRPG instead of a TBS.

As I recall (only played KB1), the first game is more open ended and easier to get outmatched and lost. Armored Princess is more linearly structured but in a positive way, and has an expansion that adds more content. Honestly, if you are thinking about go for AP and its expansion, you might as well pay the extra buck to get the first game bundled with them.

It looks like NightSky HD is in the bundle. Someone try it and report back.

I didn't get it with my key. I already owned NightSky, though. I don't know if it's a free update for people who already own it? Guess I could start it up and try it out.

EDIT: Still the same ol' NightSky for me.

Joe Molotov

I didn't get it with my key. I already owned NightSky, though. I don't know if it's a free update for people who already own it? Guess I could start it up and try it out.

NightSky HD going to be a free download for previous owners of NightSky. You can either download the HD version from the HIB download link now, or wait for the update to hit Steam.

1-D_FTW

Nevermind, already answered. Pretty meh except for Frozen Synapse, tbh.

Have you tried Explodemon on PSN? Because the videos all look pretty great.

Yeah. I didn't own it before now, and that's what I get in Steam. Plain old Nightsky as the title.

Dambrosi

Banned
Have you tried Explodemon on PSN? Because the videos all look pretty great.

Yeah, I've tried Explodemon. Not quite as good as 'Splosion Man or Ms. 'Splosion Man, but that might be down to its less open structure. The humour was sadly inferior to both, too.

Yeah. I didn't own it before now, and that's what I get in Steam. Plain old Nightsky as the title.

I don't even know what Nightsky is, I just bought it blind along with the rest of the Bundle for less than threeeeeeee quiiiiiiii~~~d :) Looking forward to it.

Baha

So new steam beta is out (or has been out, I just opted in today). It added some sorting features for the friends list under the Friends drop menu:

- Show Avatars (this might be old, haven't checked yet)
- Show Online Friends Only
- Show Everyone in the Friends List

Also, they added Game Transactions to the Account page. That's right, if you're like me and spent unknown amounts of money on tf2 keys or hats in the Mann Co. store, you can now view your history and sink into depression over the amount of money you've spent on virtual items in the past year or two.

I've spent $199.19 from October of last year to July of this year. FML.

So new steam beta is out (or has been out, I just opted in today). It added some sorting features for the friends list under the Friends drop menu:

- Show Avatars (this might be old, haven't checked yet)
- Show Online Friends Only
- Show Everyone in the Friends List

Also, they added Game Transactions to the Account page. That's right, if you're like me and spent unknown amounts of money on tf2 keys or hats in the Mann Co. store, you can now view your history and sink into depression over the amount of money you've spent on virtual items in the past year or two.

I've spent $199.19 from October of last year to July of this year. FML.

None of those are new, I'm not in the beta and have them also. :X

Chavelo

Does anyone have a list of the current bundles out there atm that are able to be activated in Steam (at least in some form)? Need to make sure I am not skipping any. D:

milesdm

Don't know if this has been established already, but Steam holiday sale MAYBE starting tomorrow.

We are sharing with our Facebook fans first, the PC launch date is set! We will be launching Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon for PC via download on Steam tomorrow (December 14). The game will be participating in the "Steam Holiday Sale" and will be 25% off at $14.99 (regular price $19.99) through January 2nd.

[...]

[Earth Defense Force] game will be $14.99 at launch through January 2nd on Steam.

milesdm

NO NO NO NO

You're reading that wrong btw. It's available tomorrow. But it's also available to participate in the sale, starting the 19th.

Ahhh, my bad. I figured that with the discounted price, but I guess it'll be the first week discount for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom