• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Good stuff Codies finally ditching GFWL, just Crapcom and Warner Brothers remain.

I was always intrested in Fable 1 but the price never went down at retail. Already got AoE 3 Complete for 10cents from GFWL lol.

1-D_FTW

3 titles from Microsoft will be added soon:

http://i.imgur.com/UFrjG.jpg

Fable: The Lost Chapters
Age of Empires 3 + Expansion
Unknown Title

And Remedy is probably self-publishing and funding the port of Alan Wake:

http://i.imgur.com/z8kVi.jpg

It most likely be Steamworks.

It'll never happen, but what I wouldn't give for Forza.

Heck, I would have even kept my Amazon BF Gold Box 360 ticket if they allowed open USB. But to play Forza with a decent wheel would cost me 300 dollars. And that's not happening when I have a G27 that does the same exact thing.

Probably that Flight game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Unknown title better be Viva Pinata or I'm gonna be pissed.

So if it wasn't clear when Fable 3 went up it should definitely be clear now. Microsoft has given up on trying to take over the digital PC market.

For now, at least. I can see them coming back full-force with Windows 8, can't wait to have the Xbox 360 experience on my PC!

Flunkie

Banned
Seems like Microsoft is throwing in the towel on trying to dominate stuff. iOS, Steam, etc.

Embrace it. Now turn all your hate towards EA.

Unknown title better be Viva Pinata or I'm gonna be pissed.

For now, at least. I can see them coming back full-force with Windows 8, can't wait to have the Xbox 360 experience on my PC!

Xbox 36C

It's Kinectimals, bookmark this post.

I can see that. It just got ported to iOS.

If Microsoft really wants to start getting serious about GFWL on Steam then they should contact Valve about making the two services work in harmony. Even just things like having Steam download a signed patch which GFWL then installs to prevent the Games-For-Windows-Loop-of-Death from happening so often.

Dammit :( I know it's "only" 6 bucks, but that's 6 bucks that could be spent somewhere else.

I've put about 100 hours into AP alone for what it's worth.

Zimbardo

Microsoft, could you guys just add ALL your Xbox and Xbox 360 games to the PC? Please?

I want Fable 1, 3, AND 2. Most of all I just want all the Halo's in HD and 60 FPS. ;_;

yeah that'd be nice if they threw them on the pc.

i grabbed Halo 2 for pc off amazon a couple weeks ago. its a really nice port. 1080p/60fps/xbox gamepad support/ xbox live achievements/ an online community that still exsists.

was good for the $15 i spent on it.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000NV8F58/

ElRenoRaven

I imagine they'll do the laziest thing possible and just release it as-is.

That would be my bet. Microsoft really doesn't give a shit about PC gaming anymore so why would they actually do some work on an old game? Besides they're busy prepping to try the whole Xbox live on PC thing again when Windows 8 hits.

Mrbob

So Codemasters threw in the GFWL towel, who does this leave us with? Capcom?

Also, I would buy Age of Mythology + expansion on Steam in a heart beat. I'm more a fan of this side series game than Age of Empires.

Blizzard

Banned
As far as I know, pretty much all the King's Bounty games are good. I love the music especially. Remember the Christmas sale is about to start though.

And regarding Halo, I haven't even played the Halo game(s) that ARE on PC, but I'd be happy to go through the singleplayer if they were. Am I the only person who is interested in Halo singleplayer because the story sounds interesting to me? XD

ElRenoRaven

As far as I know, pretty much all the King's Bounty games are good. I love the music especially. Remember the Christmas sale is about to start though.

And regarding Halo, I haven't even played the Halo game(s) that ARE on PC, but I'd be happy to go through the singleplayer if they were. Am I the only person who is interested in Halo singleplayer because the story sounds interesting to me? XD

Oh they're good. Both PC releases they had play great too. I really hate that MS spews the bs that they care about PC gaming yet have half-assed handled their biggest franchise when it comes to the PC. I would really love to see them to a proper set of all of the 3 main games at least with online play and improved graphics such as those they used for Halo Anniversary on the Xbox. Sadly they never will. Hell we still haven't gotten Halo 3. They could at least freaking give us that.

Finally tried Orcs Must Die which i got for about 3 quid a few days ago in the sale, oh what a brilliant, fantastic game that had totally flown under my radar.
Absolutely superb.

Agreed. Got sucked into it big time, finished the normal difficulty at about 15 hours in.

Might even try out the nightmare difficulty after a while, too many games to play through right now!

I'd like to play some Gears of War 3 on PC.

Oooh, that one too.

I think I've gone 100% PC/Handheld gaming at this point. I only keep my 360 for my arcade games and a few retail games (Banjo, Halo 3, EDF2017). I can barely even stand going back to Halo Reach. On my monitor it's a blurry mess.

I was so sad to hear that Halo 4 was going to be made for the 360. At the very least just wait and put it on the next-gen Xbox. I loved how Halo 3 looked, but after ODST and Reach I have very little interest in how Halo 4 will look on the 360. Best case scenario they will Twilight Princess the game so that there will next-gen version of the game. Wait, no, BEST case scenario is they put it on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom