• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
I wonder if i can use the Assassins Creed Revelations ancestors pack from Greenman Gaming with the Steam version. I assume they give you a key to put into the main menu of Revelations.

graywolf323

Since it's midweek madness so close to the wintersale I say slim to none. Will probably be a daily for 40% again.

I remember one year they had a one week sale on Kalypso games the week before the Christmas sale started

and then Tropico 3 promptly went on sale for even less during one of the Christmas sale's daily deals the first week of the Christmas sale

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I remember one year they had a one week sale on Kalypso games the week before the Christmas sale started

and then Tropico 3 promptly went on sale for even less during one of the Christmas sale's daily deals the first week of the Christmas sale

well that's that then I guess lol

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
This bundle knocked knocked off 4 games on my list that I was wanting to purchase.

moojito

I really love the look of anno 1404, but it says "Notice: The game is currently not available for purchase.". Anyone know what's up with that? I'm in the uk, if that makes any difference.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I really love the look of anno 1404, but it says "Notice: The game is currently not available for purchase.". Anyone know what's up with that? I'm in the uk, if that makes any difference.

It was removed from the Steam store awhile ago, but I can't remember the reasoning. Probably Ubisoft's fault. I've been meaning to check it out myself, I liked the DS game.

Tomodachi

Anno 1404 is really great. I have a disc version that is a pain to update via the automatic updater ubisoft created, it downloads and install a little patch then launch the game. Next time you'll launch the game, another little patch gets downloaded. After 5-6 times you get the latest version... that won't let you install the venice expansion pack since it's a previous version on disc. So you have to unistall everything, install anno and the venice pack right away, and only then you can update the game. Good times, thank you for all this Ubi.

Could be better with the gold edition, though.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It was removed from the Steam store awhile ago, but I can't remember the reasoning. Probably Ubisoft's fault. I've been meaning to check it out myself, I liked the DS game.

There is a bug in it that causes saved games to be corrupted. Ubisoft released a patch for every version but Steam, I guess because they couldn't be bothered to take the 5 minutes necessary to make it work with Steam. So Valve told them to fuck off and yanked it.

Zzoram

Ubisoft refused to put out a Steam patch for some game breaking bug I think, but they patched the non-Steam versions and even removed TAGES from the non-Steam versions but refused to do it for the Steam version.

Valve pulled the game because they weren't fixing it.

MRORANGE

Ubisoft refused to put out a Steam patch for some game breaking bug I think, but they patched the non-Steam versions and even removed TAGES from the non-Steam versions but refused to do it for the Steam version.

Valve pulled the game because they weren't fixing it.

that's new, never heard about this before - got any links?

MNC

Since it's midweek madness so close to the wintersale I say slim to none. Will probably be a daily for 40% again.

pretty sure it went to 40% off during the Thanksgiving sale as well so I'd wait and see what happens during the Christmas sale

worse that'll happen is it'll be 40% off again

What are the chances Witcher 2 is cheaper during the sale than it is right now?

I remember Vampire: Bloodlines all too well. 30% off during Christmas/Summer (I forgot)

75% off a week later, as a daily deal.

Shit happens, folks!

Barrett2

Question: Does a wired 360 pad work for Steam Mac games? I have a wireless 360 pad but it seems like it would be a hassle connecting it.

commissar

steam is so confused

friend is in tf2, view game info says it's a css server with no players.
join game launches css.
yet he actually IS playing tf2 on a vac server and everything

I suspect with christmas sales coming up steam is gonna be pretty unusable :[

ShaneB

Played the King's Bounty PA demo, while it does seem awesome, it's a timesink in a backlog of games I already have. The smart choice prevails today, I can skip it for now.

I also hear from my friends that units are not unlimited.

Some vendors do have an unlimited supply of particular units, but they're often trash units which are mostly for cannon-fodder like peasants and the angry fish/plant monsters. It's very easy to lose the game completely by being reckless and sacrificing too many of your dudes in combat to the point where you simply can't replenish them, which I really enjoyed to be honest but it's obviously not for everyone.

Relax.MX

Is a joke? this this appears in my inventory, a copy of TF2 that is not tradable until 31 december of 1969 wtf

sj8Vt.jpg

00:00:00 1/1/1970 is the beginning of time as far as computers are concerned, so your timezone adjustment has set it back to the 31/12/1969. I think it means you can't trade it :)

Those are just the guest passes that you get when you buy some multiplayer games to let your friends have a free trial. They shouldn't be showing up as they've expired and since they've expired you can not send them.

Baha

The point isn't that they're no longer tradeable, the point is why are they showing up now, so close to the sale?

This is most likely just a bug, the previous beta that changed the manage gifts and guest passes had some pending gifts that disappeared when the the non beta client came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom