• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hmm, has Steam changed the way it rounds numbers...? The last time Limbo was 75% off it cost €2.49 (down from €9.99). Now it's 75% off again, but this time the price is €2.50. No big deal, of course, I just found it a bit odd.

bs000

This is weird. My game categories were mostly nuked. Any changes I made recently (like the past week) are still there, but everything I did before that has all been shuffled into the default "Games" category.

Flunkie

Banned
Pretty sure my gaming laptop is on its way out. I can't even play TF2 anymore without stuttering. Tried to boot up Transformers while ago and it was like I was trying to play it on my old Pentium 4 with an 8800GT.

Just peachy. Might decide to grab a cheap desktop here soon. I like my gaming laptop for portability, but if they aren't reliable to keep them not overheating/breaking down, it's not worth it.

Oreoleo

Pretty sure my gaming laptop is on its way out. I can't even play TF2 anymore without stuttering.

Have you tried defragging TF2 files within Steam? Or tried doing a clean install of Windows? How much free space is on your HDD? If there isn't enough Windows performance can go to shit.

cicero

I'm trying hard right now to remember who told me during the Summer Sale to not bother with the X3 Gold Box and only buy Terran Conflict.

I went with that same advice too. I only regret it seeing as how I knew when I bought it that I probably wouldn't even be playing it for quite some time, and I never did.

If I'm not mistaken they're not active yet.
They seem to be. The levels have to be looked up in the Super Meat World part of the game. Their names are:
lump of coal
underwear
sweater
socks
fruit cake

I went with that same advice too. I only regret it seeing as how I knew when I bought it that I probably wouldn't even be playing it for quite some time, and I never did.
I was asking just because of the missed opportunity to get that new DLC for free but to be honest, I haven't played X3 very much so far and if I had gotten that expansion, I wouldn't have played it for another 6 months at least.

Chesskid1

Banned
They seem to be. The levels have to be looked up in the Super Meat World part of the game. Their names are:
lump of coal
underwear
sweater
socks
fruit cake

they worked for a bit but they are disabled now. (well that's what i read on other forums, but maybe they're wrong).

they don't want you to get em early. if you do, its possible you may have to do it again, so i'm just going to wait.

Chesskid1

Banned
I just got the achievement.

ahh, thanks for the clarification.

lump of coal
underwear
sweater
socks
fruit cake

are any of this levels easy? tried the first two and they are rather impossible, at least for me.just picked up SMB and i'm on world 3 atm so still sucky. i know i said i was gonna wait, but nevermind that!

mrgone

Orcs Must Die!'s xmas achievement is up and running with the latest update. Simple and quick, just finish Hallway (first level) with nothing but wall arrow traps, weapons, and spells.

ahh, thanks for the clarification.

are any of this levels easy? tried the first two and they are rather impossible, at least for me.just picked up SMB and i'm on world 3 atm so still sucky. i know i said i was gonna wait, but nevermind that!
In sweater you can jump over the top of the map. Underwear is the easiest without cheating though.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Orcs Must Die!'s xmas achievement is up and running with the latest update. Simple and quick, just finish Hallway (first level) with nothing but wall arrow traps, weapons, and spells.

Well, that one shouldn't be too hard to pull off!

EDIT: Are these x-mas achievements supposed to show up in the game's regular achievement list? I don't see this one in mine, and my game updated a while ago.

KScorp

I didn't participate at all in the previous treasure hunt. This time, I plan to devote a lot of time getting as many as possible.

Although I do sincerely hope the reward is more than just TF2 hats, even though I love my hats.

MRORANGE

Steam achievements are fun and all, but considering the winter sale does come it's going to be nigh on impossible for normal users to play games due to steam servers being overloaded, because someone wanted to download a 20gb game so he can get achievements in it for a hat.

I am part of the problem.

mrgone

Steam achievements are fun and all, but considering the winter sale does come it's going to be nigh on impossible for normal users to play games due to steam servers being overloaded, because someone wanted to download a 20gb game so he can get achievements in it for a hat.

I am part of the problem.

My strategy this year is going to be getting as many as I can before the sale actually starts, then cry into my pillow when Steam fails to recognize them for the contest because something's gone terribly wrong!

E.Y.E. achievement done! The Gift - Seems the gift is a random present-shaped drop from enemies. Just a few minutes of murder and that hat someone's mom knitted for them is mine. (No hats were actually collected. No mothers were harmed)

Age of Empires Online will most likely come to Steam soon.

I think the idea to integrate Live into games has been abandoned. Microsoft is adding very few titles to the service lately, there are has been almost no communication between GFWL developers and the people who post on the forums, and the client no longer has access to the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom