• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved dead island. Saying that, there are a few things that you should keep in mind if you buy it.

For me there are two main things that elevated it from eh, all right to amazing.

1. I doubt they fixed it, because it was kinda the integral part of it, but the co op is kinda goofy. You have to be at the same point as someone in the same mission to join up with them. Its fine for randos, but it can be hard to meet up with friends. What I would reccommend, what I did, was played with a dedicated partner so were always at the same part on story missions. We had a blast. Highly recommend playing with friends.

2. To fully enjoy the game I would say playing with a controller is a must. The analogue controls are amazing and really open up alot of strategic combat and is just in general more fun then hitting a button over and over again.

JADS

Runner really isn't the game for me. For some strange reason it is driving me up the wall. How do you jump across the two fires in 1-6 bonus? I have tried almost everything ...

Symphonic

I just got it not 10 minutes ago. Certain smaller tree branches will break off when you land on them. Just land on one after flipping the world, it'll break off and you and the branch will fall towards the main tree trunk. There's no real method to follow beyond that. The branch I used was about halfway through the level (edit- first level of chapter 2) maybe the second or third breakable branch I came across.

Brilliant, found the branch you were talking about and got it! Thanks!

Symphonic

Runner really isn't the game for me. For some strange reason it is driving me up the wall. How do you jump across the two fires in 1-6 bonus? I have tried almost everything ...

You have to jump within a millisecond of hitting the first fire, if I understand what you're talking about.

Played up to level 3-7 in Runner to get the achievement. I dunno, maybe if we met under better circumstances, I would have liked it more.

World one is decent, two is great but three is a load of shite. The mechanic they add totally goes against what they tell you through the last two worlds (that you should collect yellow things). When you die to the new things, it feels like the game tricked you rather than you making an honest mistake.

Now onto Atom Zombie Smasher, a game that I looooooove.

TGMIII

Umm...if you hold down the jump button you jump higher so you can easily jump over both fires in one jump.

I tried for it last night and the winter objectives wikia said it wasn't achievable yet but it says it is now. People have been fucking with the wikia page so I'd say it's still not achievable.

ArjanN

Don't think it's been updated yet? I haven't had to download a new version at least.

Yeah don't think that is active yet. Global completion shows that 0% have it yet.

I tried for it last night and the winter objectives wikia said it wasn't achievable yet but it says it is now. People have been fucking with the wikia page so I'd say it's still not achievable.

I got the bit.trip runner ones today. You have to beat 1-6 while getting all the gold, so you get to play the bonus stage. Then in the bonus stage run into the spider and die.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
How do I pick up those stupid bombs in Atom Zombie. I click on them, run over them, and they still don't get picked up.

I'm away from home with no internet. Some of my games updated before i left, can i play those and get the achievements and then when i get back with internet it will just accept those right?

ArjanN

I'm away from home with no internet. Some of my games updated before i left, can i play those and get the achievements and then when i get back with internet it will just accept those right?

It depends. It works for games that award achievements based on your savegame/stats, but for other games you need to get them "live".

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Emulate one using x360ce. Map the 360 pad to yours, then export some files and place those in the bit.trip folder.

edit: I'm pretty sure x360ce is easier to mess with than motionjoy.

Thanks, that one worked fine. Damn that achievment was one hell of a bitch even on easy.

Nabs

iMt22MIgEJhKm.png

*deletes game*

Rufus

So there's no Daily Deal for Germans, because we have to act like Dead Island doesn't exist, huh?

OK. Wasn't gonna win shit anyway. ,_,

I gave up on Bit Trip Runner. A lousy achievement is not worth the decrease in my life span that is caused by my blood pressure spiking while playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom